African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci Reviews

• Entertainment on board

African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci

African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci

“What made this holiday so excellent was the quality...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

What made this holiday so excellent was the quality and helpfulness of all the staff. Those who looked after us on the boat, the tour leader who organised all the excursions and the excellent tour guides who gave limitlessly of their time.
Some people didn't feel that the food was of a high standard, but given the amount of money we were paying I had no complaints, and was most impressed. The food was plentiful and there was an amazing amount of choice for every meal given the small size of… Read Full Review

“The best holiday of our lives (so far). The range of...”

Written on: 04/02/2011

The best holiday of our lives (so far). The range of ages on our cruise and our trip group, was from 18years to 84years NOT one complaint to be heard. Can be very hard work for all but the tours and Temple visits well worth the effort. Ten tours included but my wife and I managed to fit another two in. Our only mistake was not to book a week in a hotel to relax after the cruise. Tour guide was knowledgeable and attentive to us all(25 people at times). Loved his job and country in equal amounts… Read Full Review

“This is by no stretch of the imagination a 5 star...”

Written on: 06/12/2010 by nikgrimshaw (2 reviews written)

This is by no stretch of the imagination a 5 star facility, that is, if one, compares it to a five star hotel in Luxor where the boat is moored for three days out of your 7 day cruise. If you do compare them, then it would only be in the region of a 2 star or less.

Cruising the Nile is a really nice experience and the staff do their best to make your trip enjoyable, but the ship is tired and poorly maintained.

In particular our room (208) bathroom was in disgusting state. This was not down to… Read Full Review

“Despite the Da Vinci showing it's age a little it was...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

Despite the Da Vinci showing it's age a little it was certainly no worse than any of the other cruise boat that we saw this week and was very clean and comfortable. The whole experience was ecellent value for money and rates as one of the best family holidays we have taken. Yes drinks were expensive, but no more so than those experienced on our last holiday to france! Paying for tips up front was a relif and the staff on board certainly didn't pester for extras. Food was ok, plenty of it and… Read Full Review

“the whole ship needs urgent...”

Written on: 18/08/2010

the whole ship needs urgent refurbishment/modernisation it is by European standard very poor , it may be classed as 5 star in egypt but is sold in Uk and Europe without any description of the difference and class values or what they represent . You cannot drink the water on the ship so you have to continually buy bottled at inflated prices , if you buy a can of beer it will cost in the region of £ 4.
The crew take the " Egyptian culture of tipping " to the extreme even as far as asking for tips… Read Full Review

“This was our 4th Nile Cruise and this trip on the MS...”

Written on: 29/07/2010

This was our 4th Nile Cruise and this trip on the MS Da Vinci was at least as good as any we have taken before. The included excursions were excellent, as was our guide ("H"). The food was very good and despite eating everything we were offered, we did not have even one day of ilness (unlike on previous trips on other Nile cruisers). The discount price we paid was exactly the same as we paid 13 years ago, so value for money was outstanding, though drinks and optional excursions were expensive… Read Full Review

“We had exactly the same problem and response . The...”

Written on: 25/07/2010

We had exactly the same problem and response . The sister ship travelling at the same time did not have any problems (only found this out on the trip to Cairo)only one person ill and we must have had 90%. Only 2 people on the Manchester bus had NOT been ill. I did call ASC on Monday to make sure that they sorted it before the next lot of people went on the trip. We are intending to make a claim for negligence - deciding on which way to go at the moment… Read Full Review

“My husband and I,were really looking forward to this...”

Written on: 15/07/2010

My husband and I,were really looking forward to this holiday and had spoken to a friend befor going who had gone on the same boat last year.We knew it would be quite hectic,with all the excursions but we were prepared for that.
The boat is lovely and the staff too.Egypt is awesome and somewhere everyone should see.
But the unfortunate thing was that after two days,every other passenger was suffering with violent diarrhea,some vomitting aswell.My husband was really ill for three days,quite… Read Full Review

Helibaybee's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2010

Spot on my husband and I went to sharm el sheik last september and also had same symptoms, had returned with campylorbactor a notifiable desease and had to send samples in until all clear was given for our return to work, with both worked in with vunerable people. I would go to Egypt again but I will take my own food or buy dried/tinned stuff.

“Our Nile Cruise holiday on the MS Tarot (replacement...”

Written on: 24/06/2010 by lynnewalker (1 review written)

Our Nile Cruise holiday on the MS Tarot (replacement for the MS Da Vinci) was our first experience of any type of cruising. What a fantastic trip! The holiday was excellent value for money, since the majority of the trips were included, and the prices of the optional choices were well worth paying - we loved the excursion to Abu Simbel, the ballon ride and the sound and light show.

I can't praise the level of service given on this trip highly enough -all the very hard working staff were very… Read Full Review

Ann 14's Response to lynnewalker's Review

Written on: 17/07/2010

You were very lucky not to have the ms davinci,lovely boat but we were nearly all ill during the week.Just shows it wasnt the temperature as we were there the same week. ann

“Just back from a week on MS Tarot(replacement for MS...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

Just back from a week on MS Tarot(replacement for MS Da vinci) with my wife Hazel and 2 boys Jack 7 and Sean 9 and we had the holiday of a lifetime. We are so happy that we went on this trip as it is quite amazing. The boys loved swimming in the pool everyday and we loved visitin g the teples. The country is thge best and the people are wonderful and warm hearted with sincere smiles everyday. Dont hesitate to book your trip of a lifetime and be fully alive !!

“Any fool can behave well when things are going well;...”

Written on: 11/05/2010

Any fool can behave well when things are going well; the true test of any operation is on how it behaves when things go wrong. ASC have failed this test. The Icelandic volcano was not their fault but the quality of their information was atrocious as compared to the other tour operators whose websites I checked to compare. The promised full refund has not happened -- very quick to take my money, but nothing but broken promises about the refund.

I will update as appropriate… Read Full Review

“Booked a Nile cruise with lastminute.com to propose to...”

Written on: 03/05/2010

Booked a Nile cruise with lastminute.com to propose to my girlfriend. Turned out that African Safari Club were the tour operators. Customer service was fine when they were taking my payments but when I had not received confirmation and called up later to inquire why, the call handler was quite unhelpful and rude. They finally got me the necessary documents but then the trip was cancelled due to the Iceland volcano erupting (no fault of ASC!) We called up to find out what was happening and were… Read Full Review

“Family holiday with 2 teeenagers - we had a great...”

Written on: 22/04/2010

Family holiday with 2 teeenagers - we had a great time. Chose this because of the included trips, which we thought were great value - the itinerary is crowded, especially if you do some of the extra trips, but the organisation is great. Timed to the microsecond, we were gathered up, taken to the coaches, first in the car parks, and into the temples. Our tour leader was excellent and our guide, Waleed, superb, bringing the history and legends to life. It was hot but manageable, and the detailed… Read Full Review

“My wife and I spent the week of 8th March on a Nile...”

Written on: 15/04/2010

My wife and I spent the week of 8th March on a Nile cruise, on MS Da Vinci, and it was excellent.
We thoroughly enjoyed the boat, the food, the excursions and the Nile.
Our tour guide, Ramez, was superb.
We were very well looked after from the moment we arrived, including when the bus drove off with me still in the toilet.
We would recommend African Safari Club and Nile cruising on the MS Da Vinci.

“From beginning to end this was wonderful, I've already...”

Written on: 12/04/2010

From beginning to end this was wonderful, I've already filled in a survey form and given excellent to every one. and mean it. staff were wonderful could not do enough for you, tour leader was fab our tour guide was amazing
the sights were amazing the organization was faultless.
the food was also excellent I must admit was a bit worried but had no need to be worried, all good.
Have recommended the Da Vinci to two friends of ours and are going to book for October. Also I work with the public… Read Full Review

“We have returned from a week cruising the Nile on the...”

Written on: 07/04/2010 by tranquilcorner (1 review written)

We have returned from a week cruising the Nile on the MS Da Vinci, and having been on various cruises over the past few years, including in the Mediterranean and on the QE2 across to New York, we can say that we had a great time.

Have read lots of reviews about the Da Vinci and they seem to range in opinion, so here is ours

Although it is all-inclusive, be ready that they will, as on any cruise, set up an account for drinks and additional expenses that you will settle at the end of the… Read Full Review

“This is our second cruise on this ship. It was too...”

Written on: 29/12/2009

This is our second cruise on this ship. It was too much to take in the first time. Did some pre-reading for the second trip. Will go again and have the extra week in Luxor… Read Full Review

“We have just returned from a 7 night cruise on MS Da...”

Written on: 03/12/2009

We have just returned from a 7 night cruise on MS Da Vinci booked through African Safari Club from Luxor to Aswan. What a superb holiday. The boat was lovely, cabin spacious, food delicious and plentiful and staff second to none in terms of friendliness and efficiency. The tour guides (Ahmed and Hesham in our case) and leader were superb and very knowledgable. The whole trip was excellently organised and I would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone… Read Full Review

“Booked this holiday as a last minute bargain couldnt...”

Written on: 15/07/2009 by sharonandstuart (1 review written)

Booked this holiday as a last minute bargain couldnt believe the price included 10 excursions. What a fantastic holiday!!

After numerous dinner table conversations it would appear that we had the best Egyptologist of the week. He really made Ancient Egypt come alive and his knowledge was second to none. Being part of the crocodiles really was a fantastic experience thank you Hesham.

Entertainment was brilliant and the galabia night was fun and the fact that almost everyone joined in… Read Full Review

“we have just returned from a week on the MS Da Vinci...”

Written on: 04/07/2009

we have just returned from a week on the MS Da Vinci and I just had to leave a review.

Firstly, the boat is exquisite and the staff aboard could not have provided a better service or been more accommodating if they had tried! The food was excellent and there was always plenty of it. I was impressed by the attention to detail and the fact that all food is washed in mineral water and therefore all of the salad and fruit is fine to eat (and very delicious might I add!).

The excursions certainly keep… Read Full Review

Smartieclarky's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I am going on this boat in 4 weeks time and have been concerned about the food on board and whether it was fine to eat.

Algorlex's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2009

Thanks very much for writing this review. We are hoping to go in March and I to was a bit concerned about the food. This has put my mind at rest