Philips LX3000D Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Summary

Receiver
Dvd Player
Remote Control
Philips LX3000D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips LX3000D

Philips LX3000D

“The Philips Lx 3000 d. ”

Written on: 27/09/2009 by retrodjcarlos (1 review written)

The Philips Lx 3000 d.
The system has been in my living room for 4 years now. From the first 3 months, I have experienced problems. The main being ,1, reading discs, 2, play back, it skips. This was all in the warranty period, but Philip's we're rude to say the least. I took the main unit back to the main Philips H.Q in Mallorca 3 times. Each time the unit was returned, either, un-touched or still faulty!
It remains in my house as an amp, and I now have the money to upgrade.
Bear in mind I paid… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Very very fussy when it comes to reading DVDs. Very...”

Written on: 17/03/2008

Very very fussy when it comes to reading DVDs. Very sensitive to dust which leads to really bad pixellation of the picture.

Gets very hot. Seemed to be a good purchase but after 4 years its fallen to pieces… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Although I was initially pleased with the Philips...”

Written on: 08/01/2005 by davemb (5 reviews written)

Although I was initially pleased with the Philips LX3000D system, it developed an annoying habit of skipping many DVDs after about an hour's play. Sadly this was just outside the warranty, and the manufacturer just did not want to know.

The unit's cooling fan is obtrusive in quiet parts of a movie, and the sound generally is quite weak, especially compared to my replacement system (not a Philips).

May be worth a look if you can get it very, very cheap, otherwise I would steer clear… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Bought this one after its predecessor (different...”

Written on: 18/02/2003 by blade. (1 review written)

Bought this one after its predecessor (different brand) started to throw a wobbler. Attracted by the price and good looks. Was initially impressed by the sound quality - built for DVD's - naturally. As a CD player I prefer something purpose built - especially regarding the hi-fi (well, fi) quality. Bass is very loose, uncontrolled and boomy - despite various placement of the sub. There are no individual tone controls on the pre-amp function as I have been used to on other h-t setups. This… Read Full Review

94671_Daryl.'s Response to 73797_blade.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

I totally agree with the reviewer. I was quite sceptical in the first place while purchasing the set. On testing at the retailer's, I find the sound is pretty impressive for the price I am paying. But little did I realised that when I brought the set back home, what the reviewer commented is very true:
<br>1. Source selector button poor.
<br>2. No tone controls.
<br>3. Sound effects don't change the sound effect.
<br>4. Very slow disc loading and disc random access
<br>I can't even play my favourite CDs! There is a pause between the tracks that is supposed to be continous! If you dun mind the above, it's a good set to purchase if you are only intending to watch DVD with it.

Philips LX3000D

“This is my first DVD theatre system and I am well...”

Written on: 23/01/2003 by Neil. (1 review written)

This is my first DVD theatre system and I am well impressed. Did'nt cost the earth either (£233) I have only had it a few days and decided to read some reviews on it because I was worried about the noisy fan. It sounds like my computer. Other than that I am one happy bunny. Having used some of my families machines I thought the remote a bit messy and not thought out that well but to be honest the play/pause button works fine and I don't see the need for all the other gimmicks. Unless of… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“I did a lot of shopping around for a DVD home cinema...”

Written on: 07/01/2003 by Hayden. (1 review written)

I did a lot of shopping around for a DVD home cinema and still think that this unit offers great value for money for a first step into the home cinema market. Bit annoying about the source button not working - I must be doing something wrong because I can't believe two units in a row are not working… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Only had the player 3 days and its already getting on...”

Written on: 06/01/2003 by Jim. (1 review written)

Only had the player 3 days and its already getting on my... The system looks and sounds great, but playing of the 51st State DVD shows thier is a real problem with picture and sound sync. Also on every film thier is large blocks of blue squares (even on brand new DVDs). Player is going back tomorrow… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Overall well pleased with this set up, it only cost me...”

Written on: 30/12/2002 by ryanos. (1 review written)

Overall well pleased with this set up, it only cost me £229 from a web trader (uk electrical discount I think?) brand new delivered so I am loathe to be too critical .......in short if you like the sound of your music this will not substitute a home system, but if you like me and your purchase is based on boosting your tv I think you will be impressed the bass from the sub is great and watching films is now a cool experience much better than when I had my tv etc wired to my home music system… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“Generally its not bad, although I have to turn it off...”

Written on: 27/12/2002 by terry. (1 review written)

Generally its not bad, although I have to turn it off because of the noisy fan when I want to have the TV on low volume. The remote control could have been more functional, such as having fast forward and reverse rather than having to wade though the on screen menu. Also navigating through DVD features can be a hit or miss affair because of the remote control. Overall the sound makes it a good buy. It has a rich Bass sound and plays mp3s ok… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“This is a neat package. I was looking for something...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by Joe. (1 review written)

This is a neat package. I was looking for something for a smallish lounge room (wooden house in Australia!) and the 5 speaker cubes can be attached to walls or on stands etc. The subwoofer is a solid affair, and certainly livens up the whole system. While I am VERY impressed with most software I have watched or listened to, you do have to keep in mind the price that you're paying - if the level on a particular CD or DVD is recorded low, this system will not have the volume output you may be… Read Full Review

Philips LX3000D

“This Philips LX3000D DVD Home Cinema System is a...”

Written on: 24/09/2002 by John Stewart. (1 review written)

This Philips LX3000D DVD Home Cinema System is a slick, stylish looking machine. The sound quality coming through the speakers is greater than the speaker size would at first lead you to believe.

The remote control also seems to automatically recognise my TV so I can put the unit on standby, increase TV volume and or the DVD's volume from one controller.

It does lack something in functionality. You can't open and close the Disc drawer without being on disc mode. So the next morning when you… Read Full Review

40002_Jon.'s Response to John Stewart.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

I too have had problems with the LX3000D and my grundig sky digital remote. When I pressed the i button or the TV guide button on the sky remote it switched the LX3000D into standby mode. I also had probelms with the Philips TV remote causing the LX3000D to change its source (out of sync with the TV source). I have written to Philips and they have informed me that it is a problem with the LX3000D and have instructed me to send it back to my retailer, which I have done. I am now awaiting a new system.

Kcc.'s Response to John Stewart.'s Review

Written on: 12/02/2003

I have also have similar problem with the Philips LX3000D system but this time round the TV that I have is a Philips TV. I can play all the DVD disc that I have but when it comes to switching channels on the TV whilst playing the DVD and then returning back to the DVD channel (AV), the DVD would literally just stop and it becomes impossible to continue playing where the DVD have got to without starting the DVD from the beginning. This happens regardless of whether I have/haven't pressed the stop or pause button on the DVD remote control.
I have contacted the engineers from Comets but literally, they do not want to know and ask me to contact Philips. Philips said they will get back to me. Sorry but I am not at all pleased with the service I have had from Comets.

48111_Jon.'s Response to John Stewart.'s Review

Written on: 04/11/2002

My new LX3000D arrived from unbeatable.com after some 4 weeks. It works OK now.

Two problems remain
(1) when I switch the Philips TV off it also switches off the LX3000D, not good when you were playing a CD or listening to the radio on the LX3000D.
(2) The fan within the box in noisy, at sound levels below 4, all you can hear is the fan, it sounds like a bag of nuts.

No problems with inteference no with the grundig sky digital remote control now.

47574_John.'s Response to John Stewart.'s Review

Written on: 01/11/2002

I've now taken the DVD player back to Comet. The lip synch was becoming a problem, the interference of the DVD controls on Sky and my Goodmans TV were getting to be more and more of a pain!

So I've now ordered a Pioneer NS-DV88 at a little extra cost from www.techtronics.com, fingers crossed on this one.

Also check out www.dvdplayer.co.uk for some really good bargins on DVD home cinema.

I was sorry to see the philips go cause on paper it should have been perfect, but the reality was very much different!

If I can give any one some advice is Comet are good to buy from if you want to be able to buy things there and then and return them relatively hassle free if a problem develops, but despite what they say on the TV they are by no means the cheapest, even their own web page is cheaper than the highstreet shops.

A. Leese.'s Response to John Stewart.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2002

I too have had this problem and I am now on my third, problem still there. I have spoke to philips and found their customer relations are as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
Best way to resolve this problem is to take your sky remote with you when you pick your new one up and try it in the shop.This will save you carring it home and then back to the shop again