Minolta Dimage X Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

2.11 Megapixel
3x Optical Zoom

Resolution 2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 2.1 megapixel sensor captures 1600 x 1200 images for clear 8-by-10-inch prints
  • 3x optical plus 2x digital (6x total) zoom lens with autofocus
  • Included 8 MB Secure Digital (SD) card holds 13 images at default resolution
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via USB port
  • Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery included
  • Refine your search

Minolta Dimage X

“I can't rate the reliability, as I have just got my...”

Written on: 04/10/2005 by paulmt123 (12 reviews written)

I can't rate the reliability, as I have just got my Minolta Dimage X digital camera off eBay for £67, refurbished including delivery, and it's an absolute gem. It offers really good quality in a small neat package. I'm not sure how long it will work for, judging by others comments, but it's a decent piece of kit. I was fed up of taking my Canon A60 everywhere and having to keep watch on it, so I wanted something that would fit in my pocket, yet I didn't want to compromise on image quality. The… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage X

“Overall a very easy to operate camera, decent battery...”

Written on: 17/01/2003 by graham. (1 review written)

Overall a very easy to operate camera, decent battery life. Not sure about the advanced features, as I don't use them. 3 x optical zoom on a tiny camera is the main reason I bought it… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Minolta Dimage X

“I had the same problem with shutter cover failure that...”

Written on: 09/12/2002 by Ben. (1 review written)

I had the same problem with shutter cover failure that other users have described. When I sent to camera to Minolta expecting it to be repaired under the warranty, I received a reply stating that impact damage voided the warranty and that the repair would cost $130 plus shipping which equaled one half the cameras cost new. In talking with Minolta, I was told that a scratch to the case would void the warranty, even if it had nothing to do with the failure. No more Minolta for me… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage X

“Just a warning to anyone considering a Minolta Dimage...”

Written on: 16/10/2002 by Nos. (1 review written)

Just a warning to anyone considering a Minolta Dimage X - I fell in love with this camera when it first came out. It was everything I wanted it to be - quick and easy to use, and small enough to slip in a shirt pocket.
    Unfortunately my camera has been back to Minolta twice now since buying it in April with shutter faults. A relative who also bought one after seeing mine is also awaiting it being repaired as it refuses to take pictures anymore - be warned my camera has been back with Minolta… Read Full Review

101374_Andy.'s Response to 44306_Nos.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

My Dimage X has stopped taking pictures twice - great camera when it works - but the reliablity is such that I don't trust it any more.

Hairymonster's Response to 44306_Nos.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2004

I'm surprised that you can recommend a camera that is with the manufacturer so often!

Minolta Dimage X

“The Minolta Dimage X is a great second camera for the...”

Written on: 16/07/2002 by Tony. (1 review written)

The Minolta Dimage X is a great second camera for the digital enthusiast. This is a great little pocket camera if 1-2 megapixels will please you at printing time. Very easy to use and reasonably priced if you shop around. I am very pleased… Read Full Review