Crosman MENDOZA RM 877 Reviews

Crosman MENDOZA RM 877 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman MENDOZA RM 877

Crosman MENDOZA RM 877
Crosman MENDOZA RM 877

“I bought my rifle in Costa Rica and it is known here...”

Written on: 15/08/2008 by weiho (6 reviews written)

I bought my rifle in Costa Rica and it is known here as the "Mendoza RM800". When I opened the box, I noticed that the rifle came along with a factory test card specifying a 3/8" grouping, 1059 fps, and quality control.

I have other air rifles made by El Gamo, and RWS, but neither of the two have such rigurous testing! With the normal break in period (500-2000) shots, the trigger and internal action will smooth out.

Overall, I will have to give this air rifle two thumbs up and i highly… Read Full Review

“simple and very strong airgun one of the best if you...”

Written on: 26/02/2008

simple and very strong airgun one of the best if you can not a very expensive airgun, there is plenty of accuracy in 10 yds with the Crosman Mendoza 877… Read Full Review

“rm 2000 and rm 2800 both .22 are much better the older...”

Written on: 05/02/2004 by cazador (1 review written)

rm 2000 and rm 2800 both .22 are much better the older rifles, clisifided as super magnums. I have the 2800 and it has lots of punch… Read Full Review

161470_Rjyep's Response to cazador's Review

Written on: 08/07/2004

Can you give me as much information as you can about the MR2000 and MR2800?

Glynka's Response to cazador's Review

Written on: 06/03/2006

Hi,I'm new here;let me tell you about my RM2000,The Fiber optic front sight is good,But the Rear[peep sight]never drop enough to get the bull at 20 yards.if you want to use the 7 shot repeter,you have to use his pellets[full base,no-hollow-skirt]What I don't understand is;you can drop a pencil 6.5 inch thru the bore [muzzle brake]is only 12inch long the barrel? after clean the bore and 150 shots, I chrono this pellets:
<br>RWS-MEISTERKUGELN========725FPS
<br>RWS-HOBBY===============745 FPS
<br>RWS-SUPER-HOLLOW-POINT===755 FPS
<br>Overall is a good rifle{for the price}[$167.00]

“I have not shot the Crosman MENDOZA RM 877 air rifle,...”

Written on: 13/08/2003 by timothy woods (1 review written)

I have not shot the Crosman MENDOZA RM 877 air rifle, but, I have shot the RM 777, as a matter of fact, I am about to purchase one. And, before you try to talk me out of it because it is made in Mexico, I want to tell you that it is an Excellent Product, and I believe a lot better value for the money, than for the Gamo 1250, or the RWS 350, yes, they may be a little better in quality, however, at 150 yards, shotting a 10.5 grain Crosman Premier Pellet, the velocity of the RWS 350 (713 fps)… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2004

The 777 goes 1100 fps. But that's too powerful for a rabbit. I have an RM422 and it goes 500 fps and i killed a rabbit with it from over 45 feet away. even a 760b pumpmaster can kill a rabbit from about 50 feet and it's under 495 feet per second! So if u just want to shoot rabbits u don't even need an air rifle. hey i'd say just use an air pistol that would do the trick to just for a rabbit. but if u want to kill more then just rabbits like squirrels and such then i can see u getting into the RM series.

Molasar's Response to timothy woods's Review

Written on: 31/03/2004

Anybody try out Cabañas rifles?

Phillyairgunner65's Response to timothy woods's Review

Written on: 08/02/2004

Excellent Reviews! I will be receiving my Mendoza RM-622 in a couple of days from Airguns Express for $115.00 However, I keep reading that the Mendoza RM-622 & Rm-177 were discharging unexpectedly (Mendoza's sold from June 2001 to August 2001) , also the break barrel pops open if bumped accidently! How many of the Mendoza owners out there have experienced this problem? Please ellaborate on the pros and cons of this beautiful looking magnum powered air rifle! Thank You!!!!!

Written on: 04/02/2004

Ok maybe the 777 has more feet per second than the 422. but the 777 is .177 caliber which doesn't have the takedown power of the 422. I shot a rabbit from over 50 feet and the 422 pellet went right through and out the other side. That just proves how powerful the 422 is. .177 doesn't have the takedown power of .22.

Dan Hanson's Response to timothy woods's Review

Written on: 03/02/2004

Sorry DUSTER the 422 IS A FAR FAR CRY AWAY from the rm777 the 777 shoots at 1100fps, at 75yards its moving faster than the 422 started out and the quality is mutch better, its there top of the line gun!!!go out and shoot one you will know right away!!! I have the 622 also and man its a thumper. I would recomend that one it hits so hard on impact 22caliber slammer!!!

Written on: 30/01/2004

My RM422 can do exactly what the 777 can do! All the RM series can do roughly the same thing. And kill animals at the same distance. The 422 can kill a rabbit from 100 feet away.

Dan Hanson's Response to timothy woods's Review

Written on: 29/01/2004

The RM 777 is a good gun, I have one with a 3by9 by 32 scope and yes it needs the scope this gun has the range to kill rabbits at 100 yards!! there is some tricks you can do to the trigger to make it smoother like wet sanding(300then600 grit) the part that operates the realease and file the safty stops down a bit and use the safty stop as a trigger set! Man did it make a huge differance very smooth perfect acting !!! this gun will shoot through a steal coffee can at close to 100 yards !!a true air sniper rifle.

“The Crosman Mendoza RM 877 is a great hunting gun. I...”

Written on: 15/07/2002 by JD from Ohio. (1 review written)

The Crosman Mendoza RM 877 is a great hunting gun. I use mine for garden pests, birds, rabbits and tree rats. Very accurate and strong shooter. Smooth and a fine looking gun, thumb hole stock… Read Full Review

68291_Ns..'s Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 27/01/2003

I agree with you 100%. These Mendozas are good guns, and with a little more effort on the part of the manufacturer, they could be great guns. I find them just a tad too expensive for their current level of quality. Oh, BTW, does your RM877 have a weak lock up? This seems to be a flaw common in Mendozas these days.

191299_Many's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2005

i live in mexico but i want to buy a chinese rifle by tech force TF99 also known as the QRB36 CHINESSE RIFLE with the jhon macarri sping resort install do i dont kow which one to get thE mendoza or the chinesse can any one tell which one is better.

Phillyairgunner65's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2004

punkboi26:
<br>
<br>Hello dude! I agree 110%, the RM-877 is a gorgeous looking air rifle with the thumb-hole stock. However if I can get my hands on an RM-777 I would be a happy camper! If and when I can locate one of these .177 cal. magnum Mendoza's I'll drop you a line. Happy Hunting!!!!!!

Punkboi26's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

To PhillyAirgunner65
<br>I would recommend the 877 if you can find it as you will get the very nice thumbhole stock, the problem is of course finding one. I dont have a clue where you can or could buy one. Please, let me know if you do find somewhere to buy the 877 because I want one real bad.

Phillyairgunner65's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

I have the RM-622 .22 caliber Mendoza and "WOW" amazing pinpoint accuracy right out of the box! Granted, I am shooting indoors at 10 yards from shooting sanbags. The finish on this air rifle is superb, it has nice weight and the length of the barrel helps with it's phenomenal performance!
<br>I have shot pigeons from 40-45 yards here in the big city of PHILLY! I want to get my hands on the RM-777 .177 caliber. Not to badmouth GAMO, but I have a Shadow 1000 .177 caliber that can't even come close to the superb aspirin size groups of three at 10 yards, it also has less recoil than my GAMO! I would recommend this .22 cal. Mendoza to anyone who is a serious airgunner....

Dan Hanson's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 01/02/2004

I have the RM 777 very nice gun, I bought it for $100 from ollie damons in portland oregan it was a demo gun from the crosman rep but it was new in the box he gets a bunch to use but dosent use them all lucky me!! It had never been opened, I shot it about 300 times and then pulled the trigger out and polished the part that operates the release. I used 320 then 600 grit paper, I also filed down the safety stops. I use the safety as a trigger set it will get the trigger closer to firing position!! AFTER THIS MOD THE TRIGGER IS AS GOOD AS ANY BEEMAN !! Be carful when filing the the safety stops so you don't go to far!! You can do this by pulling the trigger till it stops against the safty and then release the safty, fire the gun wall watching to see how much further you have to pull the trigger before it fires. I did this to both the crossman rm 777 and 622 and they work killer!! Very nice smooth fast acting trigger my rm777 is shooting within the size of a dime at 35yards not bad for a $100 GUN !!!

Punkboi26's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 31/01/2004

I also have the RM 622 and I think its a fine rifle. I paid $115 for mine from Airgun Express and its a real treat to shoot. For one, the power level of this gun is outstanding for the price. Its very accurate and has no problem reaching way out there. It comes with a fantastic peep sight unlike most other guns with the cheapie open sights. I've fitted mine with a Leapers 3-9 x 32 and it hits what I'm shooting at without fail. There are a few stock finish flaws in the gun and the barrel comes open when bounced around, but that's where the problems end. This gun has the feel of a real firearm and the looks to match. The fact that it's big has nothing to do with anything. You should always pay attention to the dimensions of the guns before you buy them as to prevent buying something too large or too small for your shooting habits. There are plenty of Chinese guns out there selling for more than this rifle and non of them comes close to the power, accuracy and looks of this line of guns. The EAA line of Russian guns aren't bad but they are in a different league than these guns. I applaud the Mendoza line and can't wait to get a stab at some of the newer ones. Im hoping to see them very soon. I've visited the Mendoza site and some of these guns (the pics are small, I want full layouts!) look spectacular and I would bet the farm they perform like guns costing piles of cash more.

Alexandro's Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 12/01/2004

I am a proud owner of a Mendoza RM-2000 Rifle, wich is part of the new "Mendoza" Generation. This 22 Cal. self loading (7 shot magazine)rifle, has performed far beyond my espectations; it came out (factory tested) at 835 FPS, using a Mendoza 22 Cal Hollow point pellet.
<br>
<br> Let me tell you... this rifle packs a hell and a half of power... I've taken down small game and pest (rabbits, squirrels, rats, etc.) well over 20 meters away... clean one shot kills. I find the the factory mounted peep sights are a blessing.
<br> The RM-2000 Rifle can be purchased retail for around $200.00 U.S. at almost any sporting goods store (here in México).
<br>
<br> Hope you will try and enjoy the Mendoza brand.

112890_Ns..'s Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 04/07/2003

Devin, I have to disagree with you. Yes the Mendozas are heavy and the triggers are not the best, but all around they are quite good guns. I find the RM622 to be better built, more nicely finished, and a good deal easier and more pleasant to shoot the the RWS 34. In terms of all around capabilities they are similar, but I prefer to shoot the Mendoza by far.

Devin.'s Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2003

I disagree with this review. I have the Crossman Mendoza 777 which is the same gun minus the thumbhole stock. First the gun is heavy, and unlike the quality of a UK gun. The trigger is very heavy and stiff. I like my Gamo cadet alot better than this gun. I reccommend a Beeman or Eaa rifle over this made in Mexico garbage. RWS would also be a better rifle than this.

78200_Www.'s Response to 30272_JD from Ohio.'s Review

Written on: 08/03/2003

<br>
<br>I have a couple of Mendozas of my own(.177 & .22), and let me tell you they´re excellent rifles in power, accuracy & price.
<br>And yes, there´s a problem with the safe, but´s that´s it, a thumb-push problem...