Poland, Auschwitz, Reviews - www.auschwitz.org.pl

Poland, Auschwitz, www.auschwitz.org.pl - Ask a question now

“Everyone must see this place in his life.”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by toosexyforyou (2 reviews written)

This place is fantastic history lesson, and anyone who interested in Second World War need to visit it… Read Full Review

“Yes, I agree with everyone else. Auschwitz is a place...”

Written on: 15/05/2009 by Donna1234 (2 reviews written)

Yes, I agree with everyone else. Auschwitz is a place to go not only to learn about our history but to sit and feel compassion for the multitude of ordinary people who lost their lives here. It is good also to pay one's respects and to pray that such atrocities never happen again. It is such an ordinary place, beautifully set with woodland to the rear - how could such terrible things happen here. Evil lies in people not in places. May we never forget… Read Full Review

Madeleine6723's Response to Donna1234's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I agree with you too. When I was a child my father took me to Auschwitz. It was powerful experience of my life. I saw what people can do each other, everything what I saw was terrible. I didn't believe, I looked to Nazi Concentration Camp, and .... something changed in me.

“Poland, Auschwitz Krakow is a special place for me. It...”

Written on: 18/04/2009 by sharonwi (3 reviews written)

Poland, Auschwitz Krakow is a special place for me. It is fascinating to see how rgey developed as a beautiful country with great social values. Very interesting and helpful information. Thank you… Read Full Review

“Auschwitz is an interesting place. No more than...”

Written on: 03/04/2009 by chris1200 (2 reviews written)

Auschwitz is an interesting place. No more than that. It tells the story very well. Make sure you take a guided tour as they now do it with headsets in your language… Read Full Review

“It's something that everyone should see! If it teaches...”

Written on: 22/02/2009 by Dav4 (2 reviews written)

It's something that everyone should see! If it teaches some to the generations of people it will have done some good! I didn't go everywhere there was a couple of places where the children were kept and the women were kept! When I was there with my father and family! There was loads of kids under 14! It's not a place where kids should be! it should be restricted. I only went last year! My Dads parents were in the prison camp! They died there! It was closure for my father! It's part of… Read Full Review

“Would definitely advise anyone visiting Krakow to...”

Written on: 19/01/2009 by davidscollins (2 reviews written)

Would definitely advise anyone visiting Krakow to visit Auschwitz. I found it fascinating and with such a helpful and informative guide meant the visit was really interesting. Unforgettable day. Tour companies will charge from 100 Zloty but the museum is free entry and the bus is only 20 zloty return. Children under 14 are not allowed entry. Whilst being quite upsetting it is a place that everyone should go once in their life… Read Full Review

Glodekka's Response to davidscollins's Review

Written on: 07/02/2009

Went as a student in 1975, no tours then but able to purchase a guide book in English, would be interested to see what it is like now 30 years on. I agree that it is somewhere everyone should go, certainly had a major effect on me and still something which I often think about

Alan Birch's Response to davidscollins's Review

Written on: 24/04/2009

having been there while in the army i think you have got it just right,my b-in-law had to write an essay on the place for his promotion i think he put about the same as you on the town but whent into the war side a bit more, a must for people if you go to the area

Clivelewis's Response to davidscollins's Review

Written on: 15/04/2009

I agree with this review because... I visited some 10years ago and whilst it is not a fun day out it gives one a far greater understanding of that terribble period in our history - loud mouth doubters should visit.

Ginaph's Response to davidscollins's Review

Written on: 07/04/2009

I found this review helpful because...my partner and I were thinking of going next year. Its pursuaded us a bit more - thanks!

Trish Hales's Response to davidscollins's Review

Written on: 11/03/2009

I found this review helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>A group of us will be visiting Krakow this year and were intending visiting Auschwitz. Thanks for info.