Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Gas Boiler 24 HE Reviews

Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Gas Boiler 24 HE - Ask a question now

“aftersales service shocking”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by MckenzieMatthews162 (1 review written)

Like most other people who bought this boiler, Baxi Duo Tec, after 2 years we have no heating or hot water. Rang Thursday morning and it will be Monday before we get a call back to let us know when anyone will be out. 88 year old parents will now not be able to visit us at the weekend - it is 18 degrees in the house at the moment and have my grandchildren staying with us. We bought the product specifically for the 5 year guarantee. Should have bought elsewhere and paid for yearly warranty -… Read Full Review

“Worst boiler in the world!”

Written on: 17/10/2013

Installed November 2012 and has broken down repeatedly despite repairs by heating engineer and a visit by Baxi. According to the plumber, he has installed over a dozen and has had nothing but problems with them all!! When I call Baxi, Im left waiting to speak to someone for over ten minutes each time. Steer clear of Baxi!… Read Full Review

“Baxi Duo -tec combi boiler”

Written on: 14/03/2013

I bought my boiler March 2012 ,for the first 7 months it was fine since then it has broken down 4 times with the same fault ( 133). SO far the valve has been changed twice when there was nothing wrong with it ,the software has been updated on every visit from repair man and I still haven"t got a working boiler. I had high hopes for baxi, but now I would not recommend them to any of my friends or family . I have spent long cold weekend with no heating or hot water as a pensioner it is… Read Full Review

Lkrae's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

I have had similar problems (mine has broken down 4 times since November) and l am without heating/hot water again at the moment. My old boiler was much more reliable than this one. When it is working there are constantly loud noises in the pipes - almost like thudding noises. It's sometimes so bad we can't sit in the same room! Bleeding doesn't always help. I very much regret getting the boiler replaced. As a single parent who is not very good at plumbing,. I live in dread of what is going to go wrong next, especially in the winter months. This was not a good buy.

“Baxi Duo-tec boilers”

Written on: 05/12/2011

I am a registered Gas Safe installer and have installed dozens of Baxi Duo-tecs. If they are replacing an existing boiler the system must be properly flushed out, something that some installers fail to do. An inhibitor must then be used and the boiler commissioned as per manufacturers instructions.If your installer does this properly you should have years of trouble free service from your boiler. Don't forget the annual safety check and service on the boiler. Look after it and it will look… Read Full Review

Tomexh's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2012

You must be one of the better installers. Mine was installed by what i believed was a proffesional company and yet they will not come out to repair it.
Replaceing my old potterton Flamingo was the biggest mistake i ever made.

21 years and i never had a problem.

My Baxi Duo Tec is constantly going down Rubbish Rubbish Dont by it

“To be avoided”

Written on: 03/12/2011

Bought 3.5 years ago, this boiler worked OK for 2 years but ever since then it has been fault after fault. We must have paid out in repair bills what it cost us in the first place. Eventually Baxi came and replaced the heat exchanger free of charge. But it has broken down several times since then - each time, something different. Luckily we now have insurance but the repair man now reckons there is nothing left to go wrong - i think that everything will just break down yet again. Can't… Read Full Review

“HEALTH WARNING STAY CLEAR OF Baxi duotec 28 terrible...”

Written on: 02/02/2010

HEALTH WARNING STAY CLEAR OF Baxi duotec 28 terrible boiler, only been fitted 7 months now second call out which is not acceptable. Always goes wrong when most needed no hot water heating. Rang baxi customer services on tuesday morning they will not get anyone out till thursday in early febuary that is with a two year old at home. I do not know how which? voted this heap of junk as boiler of the year. I had a vailant combi boiler prior to this it was excellent and was over ten years old and… Read Full Review

Originalmush's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because I too have struggled with the hot water aspect of the Baxi comi system. I bought Home Serve insurance and had a high number of call outs and terminated my contract with Homeserve when premiums went over £300 pa. I am believed it was the our local service engineer who could not sort the problem and asked for a Baxi registered engineer- it made no difference!
<br/>It does concern me that now when I have no insurance only one CH engineer locally would go near my Combi boiler because they say it is 'rubbish', and parts are expensive as they are brought in from Italy.My boiler is 10 yaers old. Yet neither Homeserve nor the Baxi engineer would comment.Apparently Baxi scrapped my design for one without the flow switches which are the source of the problem- ie they keep going! My local engineer refers to a replacemnt diaphragm system although I am not sure I know what he is talking about!
<br/>I am really relieved I am not alone with my Combei Baxi but I am still annoyed that I am stuck with a dud!
<br/>

“duotec,platinum,and potterton gold all the same...”

Written on: 11/01/2010 by MARK DANIEL (3 reviews written)

duotec,platinum,and potterton gold all the same boilers not bad reliability wise, fans last just 2 years on some early ones,bot overall better than a worcester and which?mags b est buy by the way i am a gassafe engineer… Read Full Review