Oregon Scientific Dshot III Reviews

• Battery Life

Oregon Scientific Dshot III - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Oregon Scientific Dshot III

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“On the whole this Oregon Scientific Dshot is a good...”

Written on: 16/02/2007 by jenni jones (1 review written)

On the whole this Oregon Scientific Dshot is a good camera - it's neat, small, very versatile and can be easily connected to the computer for use on the web… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I bought the Oregon Scientific Dshot III Digital...”

Written on: 02/06/2004 by mel gerson (1 review written)

I bought the Oregon Scientific Dshot III Digital Camera at Wal-mart as a $30 closeout.
I have been using it for all types of shots. The macro works very well. Tip: don't bother using the software, just get an inexpensive card reader for $10.00 or so and you will have no problems uploading at all. I dont miss an lcd screen after all your 35mm cameras don't have one. When I want to preview the shots I can plug right into my tv and see them large screen or go to any drugstore kiosk and browse them… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“This Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital camera is...”

Written on: 28/11/2003 by paulmtasker86 (3 reviews written)

This Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital camera is cheap and cheerful. Its simple and pretty good value. The photos are of viewable quality but look closer and its obvious where the money has been saved. If you want high quality snaps then best go for something like the excellent Fuji Finepix A202. My friend has one and it takes very good pictures… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I aquired my Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital...”

Written on: 26/08/2003 by KJM. (1 review written)

I aquired my Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital camera from a friend as a form of barter. Wasn't the friends fault as they never used the camera, but this was the biggest waste of time trying to get the camera to view pictures on my computer using the USB cable. I don't know how much this camera costs new, but I would steer clear of it despite the small and cute character of the camera body.

I cannot seem to get many useable pictures even at the Fine quality setting 1280x1024. I have a… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I bought this cam at Walmart for $50 and regret the...”

Written on: 30/06/2003 by FunGuy. (1 review written)

I bought this cam at Walmart for $50 and regret the purchase. I have been disappointed all the way starting from the manual, the camera functions to the picture quality.

Before loading the batteries, I have read the manual. Reading it has been very frustrating -- the information is poorly organized with many silly typos. I could not follow the instructions and only figured out how the camera works by trial and error. Then I have taken several shots in my yard and proceeded to install the… Read Full Review

117575_Happy Xp User.'s Response to FunGuy.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

XP install with no blu screens or other problems.
<br>
<br>USB procedure as follows: plug in cable, turn on camera, open folder -- otherwise it won't connect. No crashes or reboots required.
<br>
<br>XP Home on a 1200 MHZ ePC.
<br>
<br>I had more trouble with quicktime, but it was due to a corrupt file on my PC and not supplied drivers.

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“In all...I probably should've spent more more on a...”

Written on: 11/04/2003 by chaemaria. (1 review written)

In all...I probably should've spent more more on a better cam. :(… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“Superb 1.3 mp camera re low cost. Excellent start...”

Written on: 09/03/2003 by Doug. (1 review written)

Superb 1.3 mp camera re low cost. Excellent start digital camera for photos. Inexpensive smartmedia card offers hundreds of photos, regardless of three quality levels. Best aspect - MAC friendly!… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I bought this camera in the hopes that it would be a...”

Written on: 21/01/2003 by milbullrdr. (1 review written)

I bought this camera in the hopes that it would be a good one in which to take overseas. After trying some pictures at night and getting some grainy results I tried during very good conditions the following day. In high sunlight and no over cast with the sun at my back all I got was grain, out of focus shots. Tried shots inside but the results were even worse. Even tried putting the camera on a tripod in the thought that it was me moving that was causing the problem. Same result as before… Read Full Review

Tlong99A.'s Response to milbullrdr.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

I may be able to help you get the most from this camera..it sounds like the grainy (out of focus) look you are getting is because the camera may be set in close up mode..the little switch on the left side of the camera as you are looking through the viewfinder..if you set this button to the top...i think that will solve your problem. I have had this camera for a few hours and have had no problems with it..The resolution is outstanding for a 60 dollar camera..I bought it for webcam capabilities..but found that it is a perfect camera to throw in the truck for that "special" shot..and not have to worry about leaving it in the glove box for weeks at a time..two batteries is also a plus..most take 4-6 batteries to operate..the lack of a lcd on the back is not as much of a problem as I thought..I can always look at them and delete as needed through the computer..hope this helps....

84205_Digi.'s Response to milbullrdr.'s Review

Written on: 29/03/2003

I agree with the comment above, Mine also was set to close up mode and I got nothing but grains. When I switched it to top position, it gave very good pictures, more than worth the price I paid for it.

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I got this camera for 20 US dollars when I went to...”

Written on: 14/01/2003 by Brien. (1 review written)

I got this camera for 20 US dollars when I went to walmart to get the vivitar vivicam which was 50. I am SO glad I did that! This camera is so small it fits right in my pocket, making it very portable. The pictures (when everything is stationary) are GREAT - crisp and clear. Very simple to use right out of the box even!… Read Full Review

Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 24/01/2003

How did you get this camera for $20 US... Wallmart has it for $59.64 now..
Do you have any sample photos?
Thanks,
tom_nichols@yahoo.com

Suziekuew's Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 25/12/2007

I have the Oregon Scientific DSHOT III 1.3 mega pixel digital camera situation thing. the back of the box says compatible with 98/me/2000 and mac 0s 9.0. I have windows xp so naturally it wasn't prepared to be used on a windows xp computer; but i tried anyhow, it kind of took me a while to get it to work but once i did it was prettey simple, kinda. So the way I got mine to work was: First, dont connect the camera ( if you did, go in tothe device manager and right click uninstall, under imaging devices, " unknown usb", or something like that, while th camera is on and connected.....so i put in the software disk, installed the software i needed , i didnt choose net meeting or quick time because i already have that.. after installing it i connected the camera and turned it on, the add new hardware thing comes up and i clicked to get the driver from a specific location and i just let it search for it itself. and it found it. . a popup came up and said something but i clicked continue, and it installed itself, and said successfully installed... so then it should work on your pc for whatever... i went in to windows C:\Windows\twain_32\MyDSC and clicked pccam.exe to see it working live, (if you cant find that on your computer go to search and tpe in mydsc.. to find it.. sorry if thats jumbled or confusing or anything, but maybe it will help someone someday?...

Rockguy1's Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 30/07/2004

I picked one up for $2.50 at a yard sale with a 32mb smartmedia card included. No software or manual included. I'm having no luck finding the manual online, so if anyone can help, please email me at suzycurt@digisys.net or post here. Thanks.

Conniemrsw's Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

I got mine yesterday from walmart for $20, but this is how I got it.....It was a display model....but looked new still in box. so 30% off of $40.00 the photo center just gave it to me for 50% off instead. I know them all well but thats not why because they had sold another one for that price. Ugh I got it home opened the box and no software....I know I can download driver is that all i need? I don't know anything about a digital camera and i'm a photographer lol
<br>
<br>Any help would be appreciated
<br>email me at conniemrsw@yahoo.com

121997_Mofologic.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 07/08/2003

wallyworld here in tennessee had them for $10 - had to try one.............

119397_Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 28/07/2003

I think you can see a copy of the manual by going to Oregan Scitific's web site... But they have several web sites (USA, Europe, etc). I know one of them has the manuals.
<br>Good luck,
<br>Tom...

Dawn.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 26/07/2003

I also bought the camera and it didn't come with the manual as promised. How do I find one? It is too frustrating trying to figure out what is what.

93352_Eddie.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2003

WHEN I BOUTH MY D-SHOT III, IT DID`T CAME WHIT THE USER MANUAL CAN ANYONE SEND ME A COPY BY MAIL MY E-MAIL IS: nato_81@hotmail.com

88772_Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

Some sample photos can be fount at:
<br>http://www.travellers-den.co.uk/oregonpics.htm
<br>
<br>I also have some macro shots that cam out pretty good.
<br>Tom_Nichols@yahoo.com

Shaolin95.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

Please send me or tell me where can I see some sample photos of the DShot III ds6888a in order to compare them with shots from the VIVICAM 10. BTW cant find if this cam can be used as a webcam...is it a feature?
<br>Regards

84747_Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 31/03/2003

Scott, Lots of people have the software working on XP. There are new drivers you can down load from the web. I would not worry about those messages about shut down. I run XP and I have a Oregon Scientific Model DS3868 and I don't have any problems. My camera is different (older) but I think the software is very similar. Maybe someone can help also. Read some of the reviews for the location of the new drivers. Someone posted them. Tom_Nichols@yahoo.com

84514_Scott.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 30/03/2003

Can anyone help me with installing this dshot 111 camera? The included software does not seem to be compatable with windows xp which i have. When i try to install it,windows warns me that it is not an approved program and may shut medown immediately or in the future. Any help would be much appreciated

70066_Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

$25..... Great deal... They are still $59.88 up here in Pennsylvania. But I will wait. The funny thing is that they are selling at $59.88, so maybe they will never go on sale... I hear they go to $40 first and then to $25 or $20.... Either way, you can't beat it for a $25 camera...
Post some pictures when you can....

69743_Jerry.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 02/02/2003

Just paid $25 at WalMart in TN. Got it for my 7 year old, he's doing fine with it when he remembers to wait until it "beeps". Shutter is slow but what the heck for $25 bucks

69225_Brien.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 30/01/2003

Hey everyone - It was at Seaford walmart - they had several left last time I was in that store as of 1/18 or so. They had it on clearance for 40$ then they had THAT half off, because they were trying to get rid of it - At least thats what I was told - it was on the back shelf, and the lady was telling me about it, and she said, "oh and everything on this shelf is half off, so not only is it clearanced, but you get half off the 40" - I couldn't turn that down!
If you guys have any questions about this, feel free to email me at - BrienBear@comcast.net
If I can in any way help, I will!

68868_Fr8Train.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2003

Bought one in Hudson, WI Wal-mart on clearance for $40 (was $59.99) but might return it after reading these reviews.

68273_Tom Nichols.'s Response to Brien.'s Review

Written on: 26/01/2003

Ok... I went to three different Wallmarts, (two in Pennsylvania and one in New Jersery) and they all wanted $59.88 for that camera as of January 26, 2003. So I would like to know what store in Delaware you got it for $20???
I know you don't have sales tax down there but I did not know things were that cheap there...
Please email me with the Wallmart location. At that price I will pick up a few of them..
Tom_Nichols@yahoo.com or toms_toys@yahoo.com
Thanks,
PS if anyone else knows where to get it this cheap, please email me also, or has any macro pictures take with this camera, I would love to see them.
Tom...

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“The Oregon Scientic Dshot 111 takes exceptional...”

Written on: 02/01/2003 by lee. (1 review written)

The Oregon Scientic Dshot 111 takes exceptional outdoor pictures and has good battery life (takes over 1000 pics on 2 aa's)… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“I like this camera very much and intend to keep it. It...”

Written on: 02/12/2002 by zhond. (1 review written)

I like this camera very much and intend to keep it. It solves all the complaints I had about the Vivitar Vivicam 10. I paid $59.88 at my local Wal-Mart… Read Full Review

59840_Karen.'s Response to zhond.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2002

I have bought the dshot iii and it is nice can't figer out how it work on your tv if anyone can help me out it would be nice .

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“The Dshot III digital camera from Oregon Scientific is...”

Written on: 19/10/2002 by Beefy. (1 review written)

The Dshot III digital camera from Oregon Scientific is good in the context of cameras available at it's price, however for a few dollars more, as they say, a lot better can be had these days. e.g. FUJI FINEPIX A-202… Read Full Review

Oregon Scientific Dshot III

“Saw this Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital camera on...”

Written on: 20/08/2002 by Mike. (1 review written)

Saw this Oregon Scientific Dshot III digital camera on Jungle. Appears to be a clone of the Fuji Axia Ix 100 but with 2mb built in. Got the camera and 64Mb for £95, bargain! It takes good clear pictures as long as you hold the camera steady, flash has a limited range but is adequate. Have managed to record a movie of up to 2minutes and 12 seconds, very basic quality and sometimes comes out too dark, but for the money it's not bad. The software installed without problem and the TV out works… Read Full Review

44882_Beefy.'s Response to 33964_Mike.'s Review

Written on: 19/10/2002

Flash useless on people, horrendous red eye.
Very slow shutter speed, blurrs everything that moves.
Can't handle sunlight contrasty situations.
Colours have a cartoon like quality.

Seems like a bargain at first, but For a little bit more a lot better can be had like Fuji FINEPIX A-202.