Peugeot V-Clic 50 Reviews

Peugeot V-Clic 50 - Ask a question now

“unreliable, but good on occasion ”

Written on: 19/03/2015 by Murphy495 (1 review written)

I brought a 2012 grey peugeot v clic and my first impressions were positive,the moped is small, cheap to run and smooth to ride, however after owing one for 6 months ... the variator, the drive belt, the carburettor, the throttle cable, air box and the electric start all broke, the moped on one occasion decided to fully accelerate without my doing (throttle cable seemed to stick quite a lot) and i almost ended up over a roundabout into the back of a van ... slightly dangerous. its really worth… Read Full Review

“I've got a Peugeot v clic and I hate it. they are...”

Written on: 15/03/2015 by Andybeats (1 review written)

I've got a Peugeot v clic and I hate it. they are unreliable piece of Chinese rubbish I recommend save your money and buy a better moped something like that. my Peugeot v clic don't start when I need it to. It keeps going in for repairs it stalls on me it brakes down in the rain it's hard to start in the morning don't buy one what ever you do!… Read Full Review

“Please do not buy,if at risk of heart attack”

Written on: 08/03/2015 by lukebrooks (1 review written)

My mum bought it from a shop for £700 and as thankful as I am that she bought me a bike,I honestly wish she hadn't.had it for just less than 50 weeks.20 of which it was being repaired.had it serviced twice in that time and to a cost of £450.once it starts running it is a great bike but your playing Russian roulette,sometimes it starts up and others you just want to shoot yourself.got it back yesterday from a shop in folkestone (passed it's mot) rid it back to ashford which is about 35… Read Full Review

“Good, gets you from A to B.”

Written on: 08/02/2015 by Mattheww481 (1 review written)

Overall this is a very good little moped it does the job of getting me to and from work and school (a distance of 12 miles). One problem I have with it is starting it once it has been cold for a few hours, however this can be overcome by letting the bike warm up for a few minutes before you ride it. I have heard from an expert that most 50cc mopeds do have trouble when cold, so I would recommend this to a fried… Read Full Review

“complete rubbish.keep away!”

Written on: 16/11/2014 by McCarty133 (1 review written)

Had this scooter from new bought when it did 500km.ever since that time its spent more time in the workshop.and now its only done 4500km and the engine has seized up...rubbish rubbish don't buy.only had 1 half yr… Read Full Review

“worst purchase ever”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by Jfkoconnor (1 review written)

I bought the v clic in July 2012, to transport me to work as my shifts were finishing later at 1am, therefore couldn't use public transport. After collecting the bike it stalled three times on the way home. I had to return the bike after only two days, as it was cutting out at junctions and even as I went around islands. The fuel switch was changed, this repair lasted a week and it failed again. Packed up 5 times, done 6k, now starter motor knackered. Don't buy!… Read Full Review

“ABSOLUTE RUBBISH NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT IT”

Written on: 14/02/2014

I bought this bike in 2011 as a means of getting to work. cost me £1000 and I must have spent the same amount on repairs since then. I have ridden scooters since early 80's and have had 2 or 3 second hand bikes.I needed another bike and thought this one seemed just right for me. I had trouble with the bike ever since I got it. I bought it from a shop and I have taken it back so many times I have lost count. I have trouble starting it every time it rains or is really cold. I have had the… Read Full Review

“utter rubbish! waste of money ”

Written on: 16/08/2013

Bought this bike just before x mas 2012 Few weeks after havibg it. indercator broke. got repaird. then starts making awful clunking and not excelerating properly..... omething went wrong with clutch... got repaird.... Few days ago had to pay the bike shop to collect as refused to electric start and kicked it over 40 times still nothing and kick start got stuck!!! they blamed it on battery being flat which i knew it wasn't! And today beibg taken back again as refuses to start!!! utter… Read Full Review

“how to put fuel pipes back on”

Written on: 15/06/2013

Me nd my dad stripped my peugeot v- clic ped and we took the carb out nd everything we cleaned it nd it worked for a few days then suddenly out the blue it wouldn't work so we cleaned everything nd now we don't know how to put the pipes on nd whick pipe goes on what so we are stuck… Read Full Review

“V CLIC Good when it actually works, but a lot of problems.”

Written on: 03/03/2013

I bought my V-Clic brand new in September 2012, I was new to the world of motoring having just got a CBT. Basically the only advice I had been given by other motorcyclists was do not buy a Chinese scooter and especially do not buy a direct bike (scooter.co.uk etc), so when I saw an affordably priced Peugeot moped on offer at just £250 more than a Chinese one (£1000) I jumped at the opportunity, thinking Peugeot was a reliable french brand. WRONG. This is a direct bikes scooter, baotian… Read Full Review

“Problems starting it”

Written on: 23/02/2013 by emmerer (1 review written)

It doesnt want to start by "hitting the buttom", I have to kickstart it. However if I drive around for 10 minutes and switch it off, THEN it start by hitting the buttom. Anyone knows what might be the problem here? I barely use it, if I use it more often, you think the battery "charge itself" or something?… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

had the same problem,i was using it very little,battery soon looses power,just one of those things,now i use it more often (every two days ) i travel about 15 miles each time ,i have no more trouble,it starts great,if your not using it,try to just give it a bit of a warm up more often.good luck.Bob Booth...

Mike999G's Response to emmerer's Review

Written on: 03/03/2013

Hi, I work with Peugeot scooters all day, if your scooter struggles to start with the electric start, and it does have enough charge in it, check on a volt meter, it sold be about 12.5 volts, if you also measure the voltage when cranking over the engine and it shoulkd not drop below 11.5 volts. If you have enough charge and it still won't start from cold, you need to check the valve clearances, as it is likely the exhaust valve has tightened up. Change the gap to 0.13, this should solve the issue. If you are still having problems, undo the 2 10mm bolts holding down the carb inlet to the engine. Pull up the inlet rubber and there will be a black thick plastic gasket, on the underside of this there will be a rubber o ring, this may well be blown, if so you need to replace it as it will be causing the engine to run lean and cause problems with starting. Just a few things to check. I hope it helps.

Daniel.af.brown's Response to emmerer's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

I had the same problem, basically the spark plug they come with is a really bad quality one from a lawnmower, you need to go to a garage and get an NRG spark plug fitted, the original one won't work if the weather gets remotely wet, also a few months after I had this done it started playing up again so I went into the engine (go onto youtube and type in how to change the spark plug on a chinese scooter), pull out the spark plug cap and push it back in again and then push the rubber sealing around the cap in as firmly as possible, don't let any Peugeot Dealers tell you anything otherwise as they will just be trying to make money from you.

Written on: 26/02/2013

if you leave it standing around for a longer period,drain the fuel.i had to get the AA to drain and flush it before it would start...

Written on: 26/02/2013

also not a good idea leaving petrol in when you leave your bike for any length of time,i had to get my drained and flushed with new petrol before it started...Bob Booth...

Written on: 25/02/2013

i had the same problem,they don't like standing around,now i use it every couple of days i have no more start up problems,It is explained in the booklet i received with it.if you dont use it often just turn it over for a few minutes every couple of days.good luck.Bob Booth

“Pile of poo!! PLEASE DON'T BUY!”

Written on: 30/01/2013

Purchased the V clic back in August 2012 as a 16th birthday present for my son. And nothing but trouble ever since. Made the decision to purchase a brand new scooter for reliability, warranty and dealership back up but none of them exist! The first service was carried out at the local dealer who basically refused to look at the poor starting issue as the bike hadn't be purchased from them?! ( warranty is warranty surely) So then had to return it to the original dealer who sold us the… Read Full Review

Liuzmgs's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2013

your story sounds like mine , i rang peugeot warranty department today and they did tell me their had been problems with this bike , so i have now written a letter to the garage asking for my money back as it is not fit for purpose, trading standard told me to write to the garage recorded deliver and give them reasonable time to respond, if i was not happy with the responce, then send them a copy of the letter and they would take it from their. my son worked hard for his bike and it has let him down so many times cutting out on very dangerous roads. i have had enough now and am going for the juggular.

“Worst decision I ever made!”

Written on: 17/01/2013 by Pete1502 (1 review written)

Bought a brand new v clic back in August. First few months were completely trouble free. Had it serviced regularly at the 500 and 2000km intervals. As soon as the cold weather arrived the problems started. Failing to start on cold mornings caused me all sorts of problems getting to work. Dealer that sold it to me has had to come and recover it back to their shop now on 2 occasions because it just would not start. Have had to start using a fuel additive to get it to start when the air… Read Full Review

Beverley74's Response to Pete1502's Review

Written on: 30/01/2013

I am wondering if your my son! we brought him one in August too, so probably from same stock and we are having exactly same problems, it is driving me crazy, he even went out to the chip shop last night was in the queue ten minutes and it wouldnt start on his return, I am now wishing I had never purchased this bike.

Pete1502's reply to Beverley74's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2013

Turns out that all the problem stemed from a croroded ht lead and spark plug. Our dealer has changed these now and so far this has solved the problem. Not sure why it took so many times for the dealer to find this, but we go there in the end. Will still be selling it in the spring and buying something else as I have no confidence in it now.

Shaneman's Response to Pete1502's Review

Written on: 09/03/2013

Always best to research this market before buying. A mate runs a Motorcycle repair shop and has thrown the towel in working on Chinese bikes. It's not that they're all bad. It's just the frustration when you work on one and several days later it's back with another unrelated problem.
He's not the only dealer either. Most won't touch them, and it's not because any one mechanic is rubbish. It's the bikes shoddy build quality that's the issue. Why Peugeot chose to re-badge a Chinese scooter is anyone's guess. Their Speed fight is a superb scooter as is the Ludix Blaster. If your finances permit? go buy a Japanese scooter.

Daniel.af.brown's Response to Pete1502's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

get an nrg spark plug fitted and it will start first time in the cold, costs about £10-£20 depending on dealer

Pete1502's reply to Daniel.af.brown's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2013

Thanks, will give this a go.

“20 yr old female on a scooter”

Written on: 02/09/2012

i was really nervous when i did my crb and i dont even like push bikes, but i love my v-clic and cant wait to get it unrestricted!… Read Full Review

Megahhh's Comment

Written on: 07/04/2014

Hi, I don't suppose you know how many miles it will do when the petrol gage is just on the line of the red area? Thanks :)

“Whats its speed”

Written on: 10/06/2012 by Owens103 (1 review written)

How fast would a 2012 v clic go when it has a restrictor on ?… Read Full Review

Jeremycobley's Response to Owens103's Review

Written on: 25/10/2012

Urm..... it will do about 28mph on a straight but i can get mine to nearly 40mph down a hill! :)

Daniel.af.brown's Response to Owens103's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

It won't get above 30 even downhill it slows itself down somehow on hills, but if you get the CDI wire cut it will go about 35 and 40 downhill

“dies after 2000km”

Written on: 02/05/2012

had my bike just over a year from brand new. worked for the first 12 months except for having to replace the horn which stop working after a week of having it. since it hit 2000km i have had nothing but grief of it. first the battery dies, then the fuel pipe splits then the start motor decides not to work, then it gets dirt in the carburetor. now the throttle it is acting weird. (travelling full speed, throttle on full for about five minutes the it sounds like its struggling and slow down… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/06/2012

It sounds like its a simple problem of running lean (too much air in the fuel mixture) take it back to you dealer and ask him to carry out a inlet manifold air leak check. It's simple to do and simple to fix.

Written on: 04/07/2012

I have had the exact same problem. My 2012 V clic will start but slows down to 5 mph and won't get going for about 10 minutes. It's so frustrting! This is my second V Clic, both brand new and both absolutely rubbish. Never again! And Peugeot are no help. They just keep passing the buck! Even the shop where I bought it have now stopped selling them! What do I do????

“missing petrol cap”

Written on: 18/02/2012 by CUTEYKAT69 (1 review written)

my son has a 2008 v clic scooter it has a missing petrol cap anyoine have any idea where we can buy a new one????? ive searched ebay etc etc with no joy HELP!!!… Read Full Review

Kierannn's Response to CUTEYKAT69's Review

Written on: 15/01/2013

“V Clic Every Trip”

Written on: 14/01/2012

Bought my bike 6 month,s ago, had a bit of trouble with the starting seemed to run smooth one day then not the next,took a good look at the working of the bike ,the cap that fit,s to the spark plug that is suplied when you buy from new is metal not a good idea for are weather changed to a baker light WOW ,the bike is just great start,s first time,saved so much money going to work instead of the car ,love it to bit,s easy to ride ,leave,s the car,s sat at the traffic light,s and cheep as… Read Full Review

“v/clic 50cc scooter”

Written on: 10/01/2012

my peugeot v/click scooter is revving but no power, can somebody help?… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2012

hello,my name is gary i had the same problem with mine it turned out to be the drive belt

“I bought my v-clic on the 2nd march and had it...”

Written on: 03/04/2011

I bought my v-clic on the 2nd march and had it deristricted at it first service.It will do 40 to 45 miles per hour and runs very smoothly.I am 53 years old and bought one as an alternative to the bus going to work.All i can say is i should have got a scooter before but would reccomend the v-clic… Read Full Review