Fish On The Green, Bearsted Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Fish On The Green, Bearsted - Ask a question now

“I have never been disappointed, ideal for groups of...”

Written on: 09/03/2011

I have never been disappointed, ideal for groups of friends, business and intimate meals.

Very professionally run with excellent choice of superb food and a well-stocked wine list.

Excellent main courses and please leave enough room for the puddings as they are to die for.

The service is impeccable and the restaurant is warm, friendly and very efficiently run.

“My friends and I have visited this restaurant on...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

My friends and I have visited this restaurant on several occasions for lunch and dinner and whilst the service is excellent, the food is consistently outstanding. Everything is cooked and served to perfection. What more can you say! Last had dinner there on Saturday night (12th Feb) and we have not stopped talking about it… Read Full Review

“We ate there for the first time and thought that the...”

Written on: 30/10/2010

We ate there for the first time and thought that the whole experience was fantastic from being greeted at the door,table service, good choice on menu, atmosphere...you name it we loved it!

Incidentally we do eat out a lot so this was not a rare treat to go out.

We will be recommending. Well done!… Read Full Review

“We visited here the first time a few weeks ago and...”

Written on: 18/09/2010 by banta (1 review written)

We visited here the first time a few weeks ago and were very impressed with the quality of the food, the prices, the friendly & helpful service and the menu. So much so that we thought we had discovered our new favourite restaurant!
Sadly, though, on returning this evening (we couldn't get booked in again before now!) the same standards weren't maintained. On the good side the dover sole were of excellent quality as were the vegetables and coffee.
We both had dover sole and asked for it to be… Read Full Review

Banta's Response to banta's Review

Written on: 09/10/2010

Update:
<br/>I thought we should eat a little humble pie and give the Fish on the Green a second chance after all, so we returned...
<br/>We ordered the same as before and received an apology for last time. We then enjoyed a beautifully cooked meal without faults and with friendly, polite service.
<br/>Then, to our surprise, when we were about to pay, we were told that the meal was on the house as an apology for last time because they hadn't realised until afterwards just how upset we were about it. Well, we were both astounded - we hadn't expected that at all.
<br/>Now, I don't know if they read the reviews on here or if they had just thought about it afterwards - but either way, 10/10 for having your finger on the pulse and for Customer Service! Well done, Fish on the Green - you're back in at number 1 - our favourite place to eat again:-)

“I have dined both evening and lunchtimes and have...”

Written on: 31/08/2010

I have dined both evening and lunchtimes and have always left the restaurant wanting to return. The staff are courteous and knowledgeable and the food is like a bouquet of delicate flavours and has always been delicious. The quality of food has never waivered and I will be lunching there this week. I would particulalry recommend the local baked Hake on a bed of roasted fennel. Super.

“Fish on The Green has quiet modern decor. Nice mood...”

Written on: 19/09/2009 by jabmar (1 review written)

Fish on The Green has quiet modern decor. Nice mood music. Staff very efficient but friendly. Wife and I started with Herring roe/smoked fish pate. Both excellent. Then Fish & Chips/salmon fishcakes. Fishcakes needed just a little more "kick", but the F & C was cooked to perfection. The puddings were hard to choose from, but we settled on Pannactta with berry fruits/white chocolate cheesecake. Coffee and truffles finished the excellent meal. We also each had a glass of very pallatable ros`e… Read Full Review

“I have been to this restaurant twice and I'm going...”

Written on: 11/09/2009 by raybackler (1 review written)

I have been to this restaurant twice and I'm going tonight! I found the service excellent and the atmosphere was refined. The food was spectacularly good. The wine choice was very good and served at the right temperature (warm white wine is a no-no form me that happens far too often - when will restaurants learn that they can't take wine off a shelf and put it in an ice bucket - it doesn't get down to the correct temperature - enough of my rant that has nothing to do with Fish on the Green… Read Full Review

“Have already recommended Fish On The Green to friends. ”

Written on: 18/07/2009 by Olivone (1 review written)

Have already recommended Fish On The Green to friends.
A good, honest, value for money place to eat.
Something rare, in the usual over hyped, overpriced restaurants generally to be found these days… Read Full Review

“Visited the Fish on the Green for the first time on...”

Written on: 06/04/2009 by amandaj (1 review written)

Visited the Fish on the Green for the first time on Saturday for lunch, after it was recommeded by friends. We thought it would be a good time to visit, as the lunch is such good value at under £16 for three courses. I had the mackerel starter and my husband had the chicken liver parfait, the presentation was excellent and tasted as good as it looked. The main courses were also excellent (bream and haddock) and a very decent portion especially considering the price! The desserts are a… Read Full Review

“Four of us Visited Fish On The Green the evening of...”

Written on: 25/03/2009 by pleasant (1 review written)

Four of us Visited Fish On The Green the evening of Saturday 21st for the first time.

We found the d cor uninspiring to the point of being clinical. In fact it would have probably been more inviting had it still been the public conveniences it was before conversion.

Lighting is obviously designed to create a "mood" but unless you are actually sitting beneath one of the (few) wall lights the menu is impossible for me to read

Staff were attentive although we felt they were aloof and robotic-… Read Full Review

Olivone's Response to 291866_pleasant's Review

Written on: 14/07/2009

I found this review not helpful because it gives a wrong impression of a very good restaurant.

291866_Pleasant's Response to 291866_pleasant's Review

Written on: 18/07/2009

If I may correct the following comment left on 14th July......
<br/>
<br/>"I found this review not helpful because it gives a wrong impression of a very good restaurant"
<br/>
<br/>There are no right or wrong reviews- just differing impressions, opinions and experiences.

“I have eaten at the Fish On The Green on several...”

Written on: 03/03/2009 by A Food Lover (1 review written)

I have eaten at the Fish On The Green on several occasions, and the food has always been delicious and beautifully presented. Not too expensive, and lunch time set menu is excellent value. Good service, efficient and friendly. Will definitely keep going back!… Read Full Review

“ I have eaten at the Fish On The Green, Bearsted, many...”

Written on: 18/02/2009 by AXV (1 review written)

I have eaten at the Fish On The Green, Bearsted, many times, the service and food is that of top london establishments and all in all, represents value for money. Great service and excellent food-… Read Full Review

“Fish On The Green, Bearsted. Fantastic service, very...”

Written on: 25/01/2009

Fish On The Green, Bearsted. Fantastic service, very friendly and helpful staff. Some of the best fish I've had for years and good quality for money. I've been a number of times now for both the lunch time menu and the evening, and personnally I couldn't find a fault. Would definately recommend the fish and chips at lunch… Read Full Review

“The Fish On The Greenery has a friendly atmosphere and...”

Written on: 24/01/2009

The Fish On The Greenery has a friendly atmosphere and service is excellent, with everything cared for and looked after. The food is always to a high standard, on both the lunch menu and the evening menu, which are both value for money. I've recommended it to many friends and family, and especially raved about the fish and chips at lunch. Will definitely be going back there and personally don't understand the review before mine as I've never had a problem.
Highly recommended!… Read Full Review

“Staff at Fish On The Green are friendly, food is fresh...”

Written on: 23/01/2009 by biddy1501 (1 review written)

Staff at Fish On The Green are friendly, food is fresh and good value.

I don't understand the first review, all meals are served with potatoes, if you look at the website, the menus say so. The roast beef especially is served with a lot of vegetables and potatoes, great value for money at 2 courses for £12.50. Food is cooked freshly, bread is lovely… Read Full Review

“when I go to a fish restaurant I don't expect to have...”

Written on: 11/12/2008 by spadelug (1 review written)

when I go to a fish restaurant I don't expect to have to pay extra for the chips/fries!! That should really be part of the meal! You don't order a roast dinner and only get served the meat!

Certainly will not recommend this place to anyone that I want to stay friends with!… Read Full Review

Biddy1501's Response to spadelug's Review

Written on: 23/01/2009

I disagree with this review because... all the meals are served with potatoes. The roast dinner is served with vegetables and potatoes.

Bomber Harris's Response to spadelug's Review

Written on: 26/02/2009

if the other diners go to the fish on the green and order a FISH MEAL,they wil find that they have to pay EXTRA FOR THE CHIPS, the roast dinners may have veg with them, the comment about them was for EXAMPLE ONLY,

435581_Sarahjacq's Response to spadelug's Review

Written on: 26/01/2009

I have been to this resturant too and i thought it was wonderful, great atmosphere, clean fresh environment and wonderful food which was fresh and tasty. Excellent value for money and I was so full I almost couldnt eat my pudding. God job I took my dad with me to finish it off! Would recommend to everyone!