Black & Decker GW2600 Blower Vac Reviews

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

“The Black and Decker blower vac was a complete and...”

Written on: 16/10/2010 by rgreig (1 review written)

The Black and Decker blower vac was a complete and utter waste of money.

Initially it was quite promising - the suction is reasonably powerful. However the product is made mostly from cheap plastic and this causes two serious problems:

1) Any stones in the garden or around paths cause the plastic at the top of the nozzle to crack and chip as they are sucked up. This causes a massive reduction in suction.

2) The bag clip quite quickly becomes loose so the bag flies off unless you hold it all… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

“I have a large garden and I bought this to replace my...”

Written on: 28/06/2010 by BillCA8 (1 review written)

I have a large garden and I bought this to replace my 10 year old McCulloch Petrol Vac/Blower which had given up the ghost. Reviewers who have complained about the weight and noise of the GW2600 clearly haven't used a petrol engine model. The B&D isn't as noisy as the McCulloch and is nowhere near as heavy. I hardly need to use the shoulder strap whereas that was essential with the McCulloch. The GW2600 is also just as effective as the McCulloch in both suction and blow. The only drawback of… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

“I bought the black and decker gw2600 to replace my 10...”

Written on: 02/07/2009 by bressay (1 review written)

I bought the black and decker gw2600 to replace my 10 year old Flymo Garden Vac which has developed a high pitched whine on the motor.

The tube for the vacuum part was awkward to assemble, but after administering the recommended soapy water I finally got the two parts together. The tube for the blower was no trouble to put together.

Well it was a nice day today so I trimmed the hedge and started to vacuum up the leaves and small twigs left on the drive.
All went well until after I had emptied… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

“ This Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac is a pretty...”

Written on: 30/04/2009 by glenc (305 reviews written)

This Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac is a pretty good vacuum/leaf blower all in all. Its a little heavy but I think they all are. Its also quite noisy so you wouldn't want to be doing it early on a Sunday morning if you have neighbours who like a lay in!

One thing though that could be better is the power switch - currently its either 1 or 2 - however, it woud be much better if it just had a variable dial so you could turn the power up or down.

In part of our garden we have granite… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac

“The suction tube was a little awkward to assemble -...”

Written on: 08/12/2008 by Joe9tee (7 reviews written)

The suction tube was a little awkward to assemble - the tip about soapy water in the instruction booklet made things easier. Once put together, the Black and Decker GW2600 Blower Vac looks the business. My stupid idea to switch it on in the kitchen amply demonstrated its huge blowing power by knocking a pot plant off the window-sill and rearranging my wife's hairdo. The noise, when switched to setting 2 on blower mode, is pretty painful, even outdoors.

At first, all went well. It moves all but… Read Full Review

Bressay's Response to Joe9tee's Review

Written on: 02/07/2009

I found this review helpful because...<br/>Joe9tee seems to have the same problem as me with the bag