Fuji Finepix F601 Reviews

Resolution 3.1
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 3-megapixel sensor captures enough detail for sharp prints at 8 x 10 inches and beyond; software interpolation increases resolution to 6 megapixels
  • 3x optical plus 4.4x digital (13.2x total) zoom lens with autofocus
  • Included 16 MB Smartmedia card holds 12 images at default resolution
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via USB port
  • Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included)
  • Refine your search

“The Fuji Finepix F601 is a good camera with many...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by Len123 (2 reviews written)

The Fuji Finepix F601 is a good camera with many features for the amateur and more experienced. However, the instruction manual needs to be read many times and practised - the problem is having to find these features by going into different menus and sub menus. For its size I recommend it - not having to carry it around in your hand. Batteries soon run out especially when you want to experiment with different settings with the need to keep the screen on to see the settings and menus. It's a… Read Full Review

“I bought this Fuji Finepix F601 camera mid 2002 and my...”

Written on: 09/12/2003 by delmarine (2 reviews written)

I bought this Fuji Finepix F601 camera mid 2002 and my first thought was at £550 (as it was then) it was very cheap of them to supply just a 16mb memory card. I immediately bought a larger card - after reading reviews that fuji's own cards often caused camera to lock up i bought 2 cheap 64mb cards that have worked with no problem at all.
    Features are excellent with easy pc connection and very user friendly software to download the pictures.

Picture quality is very good. However, landscape… Read Full Review

“I have had the Fuji Finepix F601 for about 9 months...”

Written on: 04/11/2003 by icjoiner (2 reviews written)

I have had the Fuji Finepix F601 for about 9 months now and I am impressed.
    Where to start?....the design is first rate, it makes handling the unit a dream so much so that I have only droped it once ( I was on a mountain bike at the time so no fault of the camera!)
    The image quality is so good that I have even started using it in 1 meg mode for none print shots.
    the zoom function is also pretty good (My son took some good shots of the recent close pass of mars and I was amazed by the… Read Full Review

“This is the best camera I've used, either digital or...”

Written on: 25/04/2003 by Mulleady. (1 review written)

This is the best camera I've used, either digital or conventional in terms of consistent image quality and colour reproduction. The addition of a luthium battery extends the range and usefulness of the camera compared to previous Fujis. The interpolation is so good that the digital image processing does genuinely raise the image quality from 3m to 6m pixels. This is evident if you use the digital zoom post-picture, as there is little or no distortion, within reason. The ability to capture Mpeg… Read Full Review

106631_Rms.'s Response to 92013_Mulleady.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2003

I agree that in general this camera gives decent colour reproduction, but the lens makes it almost un-usable. The barrel distortion is so bad at the wide angle end that nothing with a straight line can be photographed. Also there is significant cromatic aberation giving very bad colour fringing.

106922_Francis.'s Response to 92013_Mulleady.'s Review

Written on: 13/06/2003

I disagree that the lens is unusable. I'm not some advanced photographer so I don't bother with wide angle. For normal usage the camera has taken excellent photographs. For normal users comments like 'cromatic abberation' mean nothing and it's not a reason to write off the camera unless you you intend it for professional use or are just one of those perfectionist geeks!

“This is my third digital camera. As an opportunistic...”

Written on: 07/02/2003 by Jandy. (1 review written)

This is my third digital camera. As an opportunistic photographer I wanted something I could carry in my handbag, whip out and take a great shot quickly. The F601 does that. I also bought the cradle and a spare battery. The cradle makes file transfer easy and also charges the battery. In six months I only needed the spare once. Despite having pre-charged it, it was flat a week later when I need it. I would advise travelling with the cradle in your luggage. I miss being able to use AAAs as… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix F601Z digital camera is a nice...”

Written on: 03/09/2002 by Ash. (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix F601Z digital camera is a nice design, but not as 'Porsche-like' as its predecessor the 4800Z. Pretty easy to use and produces excellent picture quality with a good range of options.
    Can digital cameras get any smaller?! This is getting a bit small for my liking - and it's slippery! I don't like the smaller preview screen (compared with the 4800Z) and the menu selection rocker switch is again a bit small to use accurately - you get used to it though.
    Worst thing in my view is… Read Full Review

Stuart Chalk.'s Response to 36104_Ash.'s Review

Written on: 02/12/2002

very helpful. 6800 or f601z ?????????????????

“I have had 3 digital cameras before the Fuji Finepix...”

Written on: 04/07/2002 by lee. (1 review written)

I have had 3 digital cameras before the Fuji Finepix f601. This is the first one to take the same shots as my SLR and work in the same with manual mode control over shutter and aperture... the days of my SLR are numbered… Read Full Review