Western Digital TV HD Reviews

Western Digital TV HD - Ask a question now

“Primitive and tailored for US market”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by ljh (6 reviews written)

I was looking for a Media Player that 1. accessed my videos, misic and photos stored on my NAS easily 2. was simplicity itself to set up 3. had a really easy to use user interface 4. gave me access to a wide range of media-related apps. Sadly this has failed on every single one of these. 1. Access to the NAS took 2 days to sort out - as the WD simply didn't see it. It transpires that despite my other PCs, tablets, etc. being able to access my NAS directly without any special settings, this box… Read Full Review

“I've read a lot of reviews where the Western Digital...”

Written on: 31/12/2010 by Mark Dutton (3 reviews written)

I've read a lot of reviews where the Western Digital HD TV Live Media Streamer has been highly praised. It seems to me though that has been on the basis of its video streaming features which I don't doubt are extremely good for the price.

In my case, I only wanted this device so that I could plug my external hard drive in and use it as a music jukebox. It played MP3 and WMA files very well but the main failing was in the very primitive level of features provided on the screen interface… Read Full Review

“Western Digital TV HD 1080P Media Player, an amazing...”

Written on: 18/02/2010 by shatrunjaytayal (3 reviews written)

Western Digital TV HD 1080P Media Player, an amazing piece of box for just £75. I don't there are any weakness of this box, rather it has been very great and usefull.
Plays all the file formats.
User friendly display.
Arranges and sorts all the files on its own.

Has an HDMI port.
Has a 2 USB ports, which is helpfull as 2 USB devices can be used at the same time.

Important piece of information is it can support more than 800 GB of storage space using the 2 USB ports.

Also, one can use a USB… Read Full Review

“This Western Digital TV HD box is really amaziing ”

Written on: 09/03/2009 by Andy Cullum (3 reviews written)

This Western Digital TV HD box is really amaziing
Plug in a USB hard drive (or two) and it will automatically sort and index whatever is on the drive for viewing directly to your TV through an HDMI cable.
So if you have Photos, Music or Video it will show or play through you HD ready TV. The better the standard of the saved media the better the output. 720 and 1080 sources are superb.
The remote is not 100% but is simple to use and the on screen menus are very pleasing. I have two WD passport… Read Full Review