P. Mauriat Tenor Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

P. Mauriat Tenor - Ask a question now

P. Mauriat Tenor

“I bought a P.Mauriat PMXT66 in June having previously...”

Written on: 07/11/2010

I bought a P.Mauriat PMXT66 in June having previously owned 2 Selmer Super Balanced Actions. This is the first brand new horn I've bought. The decision to buy involved trying out all P.Mauriat models, some Yanagisawas and a Selmer Reference 54.
The horn has excellent build, full sound, and is free blowing. It competes very well with both vintage and new Selmers. It appears to be a fairly faithful copy of the Reference 54, but at about half the cost. The standard supplied Protec case is… Read Full Review

P. Mauriat Tenor

“I have a P.Mauriat 60NS tenor sax. The sound quality...”

Written on: 24/10/2010 by keyanwilliams (2 reviews written)

I have a P.Mauriat 60NS tenor sax. The sound quality is excellent. I've played quite a few saxes in my time and this sax is by far the best. It has a very warn sound with a strong core thoughout the horn. unlike the Yamaha this sax doesn't get weak in the upper range. The sax has wonderful overtones and I can play straitght ahead jazz, contemporary jazz, rock or funk without a problem. The apperance of the horn is amazing. This horn is definitely an attention getter. The P.Mauriat 60NS… Read Full Review