Nigel O'Hara - Reviews - www.nigelohara.com

218

Description (provided by business)

Established since 1985, Nigel O'Hara offers customers an online shopping experience that includes some of the worlds most sought-after brands. Our bespoke Online Department Store showcases technology items ranging from Laptops to wearable tech from brands such as Acer, Apple, Garmin and Fitbit. The Style and Living department offers products at the forefront of fashion from the likes of Fiorelli and Jane Shilton, whereas our Fragrance department offers luxurious scents from brands such as Dior and Chanel. You will also be able to find that perfect gift, as our Gifts Department offers a wide array of prestigious brands from Disney Collectibles to finely crafted pens from Cross and Parker. Online, you will find our Watch Department, which showcases some of the most recognised names in watch-making such as Bulova, Citizen, U-Boat and Victorinox. Why not take a look at the latest seasonal stock that has just arrived?

Summary

Note from Review Centre:

Review Centre understands that Nigel O'Hara have requested positive reviews from its Facebook followers for the chance to win a watch. As an independent and unbiased consumer review site soliciting of positive reviews goes against everything we are striving for, and so we feel it only right to share this information.

Nigel O'Hara - www.nigelohara.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nigel O'Hara - www.nigelohara.com

Nigel O'Hara -  www.nigelohara.com

“Worst customer service ever! You'll never get your item!!!”

Written on: 23/04/2015 by luMoore36 (1 review written)

Ordered an item that was "available", but they actually didn't have it in stock. When I discovered it on the next day, I tried to cancel the order. It's impossible to get the phone number of this store. Eventually I got the number, but every time you call you hear a message saying "your call is being transferred to the next available agent", and then the call just disconnect... I had to open 4 tickets to get some response - they're not answering to emails - but still didn't get my money… Read Full Review

“Very misleading company”

Written on: 19/04/2015 by danielw576 (1 review written)

Nigel O'Hara only stock about 5% of their catalogue. Items marked as "Available" or "Available to order" mean they will order from the manufacturer (why two status's for the same thing? probably to make things misleading, they like doing this). It's now been 12 days since I ordered, no-sign of delivery, infact the order status still says "processing", I feel 12+ days to get stock from a manufacturer which is marked as "available" just isn’t acceptable in 2015. They have "LIVE SUPPORT"!… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

I have been looking into your order, as I have seen this same review on another platform.

Unfortunately, just as in the instance of your other review, we cannot find an order placed by yourself with us.

This causes us some difficulty as we are unable to find your order on our system to be able to resolve whatever issues you may have had.

“Please do not buy”

Written on: 17/04/2015 by Schmitt1948 (1 review written)

Sorry, but do not buy from this company.....Poor (ZERO) customer service. They take your money and deliver NOTHING. No workable phone numbers. Website online "LIVE" service is not a live service. Please do not buy. Reporting my instance to the authorities, amazon, google and every site that promotes this… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

I have been looking into your order and have been unable to verify that an order by you exists- I am presuming that Schmitt is your surname- nobody with this name has placed an order for this product from what I can see.

Please provide us with some order information so that we can get to the root of your issues.

“Never use them!!!!”

Written on: 15/04/2015 by keithwiddows (1 review written)

I brought an item from this company. It never got passed the processing part. 2 months later im still waiting. They have said I can choose something else from in stock but the problem is NOTHING is in stock. Seems to me like a good way to make money. People buy stuff. You take their money. Sit on it for a few months then refund them. You just cream off the interest that their money has earned you!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

I have been looking into your order and can see that a cancellation was requested and provided alongside a gift voucher for use on the website this past February.

I am very sorry to read that this was not enough to resolve your issues.

Be assured that it is not the case that we take money just so that it can accrue interest- this offensive claim can be easily dismissed just by the sheer quantity of positive reviews for our website alone (our Trustpilot has a larger number of 5 star reviews than all of our rivals, as well as a lower number of negative reviews).

If there is anything we can do to resolve whatever issues that still remain after this time, simply get in contact with our Customer Service Team and they would be happy to resolve these for you.

“Awful customer services”

Written on: 14/04/2015 by Trikkitt (3 reviews written)

This company obviously cannot be bothered with customer service. They go out of their way to not publish a phone number, and even if you do find it and manage to speak to someone they just bounce you to the "live support" on the website. Sadly the live support is awful. It took them over 52 hours to respond... this is with their "average response time" being shown as around 2 hours on the website. When the response finally came it was of no use what so ever. Had I had a response in a… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

Unfortunately I am unable to verify your review as no order number has been provided.

As such, I am unable to find your order to be able to resolve any of the issues you have encountered.

Please contact our Customer Service Team so that they can possibly resolve any issues that you have encountered.

“bad bad company”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by Nelsonrh5 (1 review written)

I have been ripped of by this company,they have no stock you cannot contact them only by email,standard template answers,lots of reports on the web about this nasty place,why are they still allowed to trade,do not go near this place. as soon as you place an order your money is taken you will not get it back,any good reviews you see are put there buy themselves, go to Amazon keep safe… Read Full Review

“Disgusting service !!!!”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by Curtisp82 (1 review written)

Ordered some perfume off them over a week ago ! money went straight out of my bank but still NO PERFUME !!!! have ordered off others before got next day service...Your revues are awful had i seen them would NOT have ordered off you !!!Overall rating NO stars !!!!Amazon should be told about them and I will report them if do not receive this next week !!!!!… Read Full Review

“No Phone Contact !!”

Written on: 18/03/2015 by 347Soto (1 review written)

Bought a computer monitor (very expensive one). The deal was £30.00 cheaper than anywhere else. I would have paid £30.00 more had I known how poor the cutomer service is from them. Firstly, you don't get a proper receipt, and no matter how many times you email, they just don't send one, so you end up with the company name and an E-receipt which is just 3 lines of text with your order number, how much you paid, and any discount applied. No company details, no VAT number, nothing legally… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/03/2015

Thank you for your feedback.

All items dispatched by ourselves come with an invoice that includes our Businesses VAT REG N0- this can be seen just at the top righthand corner of each receipt.

If you have not received this, please feel free to contact our customer service team through the online support system who can provide this for you.

In regards to faulty items- a fault is not our necessarily our fault but we do help wherever I can. If we were contacted regarding this not only would we provide a replacement, but we will also arrange the collection of the faulty item.

Please contact us online so that we can resolve these issues for you.

“horrific”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by asdfghjkl1212121 (1 review written)

Placed an order on the 29th January. They failed to tell me that one item wasn't actually in stock. I went away, after 10days was surprised to see the items hadn't arrived still, called them and enquired. Told my second item was being held back until the other became available. There couldn't tell me when this would be, I had to email. So began a painfully slow and unhelpful process of emailing and chasing the order, and hearing back a few sentences of "thank you of your patience..." on average… Read Full Review

“Festina Limited Edition Chronomater Watch”

Written on: 20/01/2015 by bobmckean (1 review written)

The watch itself is first class. The display box was ripped and damaged. There was no instruction booklet or guarantee in the box itself, some of the links were missing and the contents of the box were all over the place when it arrived. I emailed to complain in November 2014, and received an email back within a few days asking me whether it was a present for someone or for myself (don't see what difference that makes)! and gave me a link back which took me right back to the sales site!! I have… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/01/2015

Thank you for your Review.

I have recently investigated the issues you have encountered with your order and can only apologise for what you experienced.

We are official stockists of all of our brands and as such, we understand that when a customer purchases from an official stockist they expect a high level of satisfaction with their purchase- and rightfully so.

The issues regarding your item will be recorded for training purposes to ensure that this does not happen again.

In regards to the packaging of your item, I see a colleague has already arranged for a replacement box to be sent out to you and I really hope this helps us on our path to rectifying this situation for you.

“avoid this shop”

Written on: 29/12/2014 by RayanLeblanc337 (1 review written)

Having read the reviews I was reluctant to deal with them. However gave them the benefit of the doubt. Thought I'd bought a garmin 200 in the sales for £55 a crimbo bargain. However followed order up but nothing. Emailed and phoned but nothing. They Refunded The money with no explanation? ! I haveasked for a fullexplanation but heard nothing! Anyone know if they can legally do this? I WARN PEOPLE TO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM.TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the delay in replying to this Review. We would also like to thank you for such feedback as such comments only helps us improve our service.

In reading your review, it appears as though a pricing error had occurred with your order. Please accept my sincere apologies that this was not successfully communicated with you.

We will contact you personally regarding this issue so that any issues you have experienced thoroughly explained with some resolution being met.

Precautions have been put in place to ensure that such instances are not a common occurrence- the impact of these steps taken is evident in our reviews on other platforms.

Providing great customer service is always a paramount priority of Nigel O’Hara.

You can see what our other customers think about us, with hundreds of glowing reviews for confirmed purchases, all on established platforms, such as Trust Pilot, Amazon and BizRate.

Our efforts in providing excellent service can be seen from the messages and feedback left by only externally verified customers. These reviews can be seen on websites such as TrustPilot, BizRate and Amazon.

We also want to assure you that the issues you have encountered are not a common occurrence, and that we will work hard to resolve them for you quickly. Thank you for choosing to shop with Nigel O’Hara and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Dean.

“Money taken and goods not arrived for Christmas”

Written on: 23/12/2014 by ZariaBarker409 (1 review written)

I ordered my goods on the 12th Dec and the money was debited. I have not received my goods despite an assurance from their customer services. It is now looking unlikely that I will receive them in time for Christmas as nothing has been dispatched (as present for my wife) and I'm out of pocket to the tune of £77. They are now not responding to my emails. I hadn't realised until I was looking for emails from Nigel O'Hara that I had used this company in 2012 and had a bad experience then too… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

In reading your review, we understand that you would be frustrated as we feel that communication is vital in providing an excellent service.

Gilliano_S's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

Well this reads exactly the same as my complaint ! Unfortunately I cannot get response to my meaasages and no one bothers to answer the phone -!still waiting for a refund on undelivered goods. The worst online shopping experience ever -avoid them like the plague!

“disgraceful ”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by tommyb1 (1 review written)

I ordered an item 7 days ago and after reading the reviews I was sceptical but as the item wasn't of huge monetary value and the website made it clear the item would arrive before Christmas so I decided to give them a go. Since the 11th December Nobody has contacted me and my item is still processing. I did call them 2 days ago and was told the item wasn't in stock but they did take my money straight away. the gentlemen on the phone did say as long as the item arrive by the 18th I would still… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

Please accept our sincere apologies that your item did not arrive with you as expected before Christmas. We understand that this would have been incredibly frustrating, especially considering the time of year.

Parch66's Response to tommyb1's Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

I also made a purchase from Nigel O'Hara on the 16/12/14 for a monetary just short of £200.
Other than and online "Your order has been successfully placed window; I have not received anything further (confirmation email or tracking number)
I have emailed customer services, but alas no reply as yet; and also decided to phone. This was annoying in that the phone rang for over 2 minutes, and then belatedly a recorded message also told me the office was closed; and it's trading time was 08.30am-5.30pm Mon-Fri.
Well it's Fri 11.15am 19/12/14 and i'm in London...
NOT HAPPY!

“Worst experience ever”

Written on: 02/10/2014 by Parsonswf208 (1 review written)

I honestly believe this is a fake company! I ordered an item of jewellery which turned out to be a discontinued item to which the company had  confirmed to be me the order had been successfully placed with the supplier. They offered an exchange which I declined and requested a refund. They advised this had been sent to the finance department to which a week later I was still waiting and so requested an update, to be told in busy periods it can take longer. Two days later after still no refund… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the extended delay in replying to this Review as we see it was submitted some time ago. We would also like to thank you for such feedback as such comments only helps us improve our service.

We understand completely why you would be upset at the issues you have described as refunds, as I’m sure you understand, should be a priority. Your comments have been forwarded to our Finance Team and the circumstances regarding your order will be investigated.

Emmellar's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2014

Did you consider reporting your experience to Consumerline Northern Ireland? The online form is easy to complete.

Aimeecockerill111's Comment

Written on: 17/12/2014

This has JUST happened to me. a week before christmas!!! chasing them for 3 weeks, they told me over and over it would be here the week before XMAS! and now they arent picking up! and no refund!!!!
HELPPP

Lozzasmum's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2014

Had a very similar experience with 2 Gorjuss bags that i ordered believing them to be in stock, payment was taken straight away. After 2 weeks of chasing them and not being given a delivery estimate i went directly to Paypal and was refunded within a couple of hours!
Like you i believe that this is just an online site, not a reputable jewellers. They sell goods and take your money in the hope that they can eventually get the goods.......just middlemen!
Will never use them again!!

“Appaling customer service”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by Francisco485 (1 review written)

I ordered a watch online, after various email tennis with the customer service department with differing statements of " due soon" "we are hoping it will be delivered shortly" " we expect a consignment this week" over a 3 week period, i eventually received an email stating the watch was now a discontinued model. After just being fed up with shoddy service and false promises, I just asked for my money to be returned, I am still waiting 4 weeks on. If I knew an organisation I could complain to I… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

The issues surrounding your experience would have been understandably frustrating, especially the circumstances regarding your refund.

Leonhales's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2014

Try Trading Standards N.I-They will be very interested in this company yet again!

Jonwcon's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2014

Thank you for the advice. I have emailed NI trading standards, and am awaiting a response. needless to say....still no refund from nigel Oharas!

“BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE”

Written on: 10/09/2014

I ordered a Seiko watch which was at a 40% discount and they say if it's too good to be true it usually is. I was told the watch had been ordered in just for me and was not in stock. A chase after 12 days got nowhere so I left it for another 16 days and received further excuses. I then contacted the Paypal resolution centre and received a refund within a few days. At least I did not have to wait endlessly for the refund as others have done. Using Paypal was very useful. I will never use them… Read Full Review

“AVOID NIGEL O'HARA SHOP!!!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by dlCooke32 (1 review written)

I see that Nigel O' Hara is actively flagging all negative reviews on TrustPilot as having no proof of purchase which is a way to enhance their ratings. I have THE WORSE EXPERIENCE when buying form this website. Few week ago i purchased 2 watches and as my order did not arrived by the date I expected i contacted shop numerous of times and they kept saying that they have to order this watch from factory and blamed manufacture for delay (despite the fact that the watch was 'Available to order'… Read Full Review

Leonhales's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2014

Nigel O'Hara report all negative reviews on Trustpilot-Even though Trustpilot have been advised of this they continue to allow it. Everyone should persevere, this company should not be allowed to trade, they are criminals(this is just a personal observation, make up your own minds).

“DONT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE! BE WARNED”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by kpnardi (1 review written)

I ordered a Withings pulse 02, and I was sent the old version of which I had, so they agreed to take it back, I sent it back in its original packaging and unopened, they took delivery of it on the 12th August. After chasing numerous times for my refund, all they say is it can take up to 28 days! shame they don't wait 28 days to take my money after dispatch! I have had correspondence with an advisor and he is useless, if not a robot just repeating the same thing. SO DONT USE THIS COMPANY… Read Full Review

“Please never use them! Worst shop in the world!!”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by CallieHatch32 (1 review written)

They hook you in with massive discounts then either don't send the product or in my case, sent me the wrong thing after 8 long weeks of phone calls to chase (being fobbed off and lied to) and worrying that I'd lost my money. A box finally arrived this morning after I gave up and asked for a refund. It's the wrong watch!! I wish I'd never bothered. I've never ever had worse service. The positive reviews for this shop read like they were written by the employees, all the genuine negative reviews… Read Full Review

Kpnardi's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

I totally agree with all of the above, I've never dealt with such and incompetent company.

“Avoid this retailer”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by dmart (1 review written)

They took payment for a watch they did not have in stock and could not deliver. I had to phone to find out why no delivery and cancelled the order. After six weeks they still have not refunded the money, so we have had to recover the money from the credit card company. They still advertise the watch as 'available to order' which is tantamount to seeking payment on false pretences. … Read Full Review