Nigel O'Hara - Reviews - www.nigelohara.com

Description (provided by business)

Established since 1985, Nigel O'Hara offers customers an online shopping experience that includes some of the worlds most sought-after brands. Our bespoke Online Department Store showcases technology items ranging from Laptops to wearable tech from brands such as Acer, Apple, Garmin and Fitbit. The Style and Living department offers products at the forefront of fashion from the likes of Fiorelli and Jane Shilton, whereas our Fragrance department offers luxurious scents from brands such as Dior and Chanel. You will also be able to find that perfect gift, as our Gifts Department offers a wide array of prestigious brands from Disney Collectibles to finely crafted pens from Cross and Parker. Online, you will find our Watch Department, which showcases some of the most recognised names in watch-making such as Bulova, Citizen, U-Boat and Victorinox. Why not take a look at the latest seasonal stock that has just arrived?

Summary

Note from Review Centre:

Review Centre understands that Nigel O'Hara have requested positive reviews from its Facebook followers for the chance to win a watch. As an independent and unbiased consumer review site soliciting of positive reviews goes against everything we are striving for, and so we feel it only right to share this information.

Nigel O'Hara - www.nigelohara.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nigel O'Hara - www.nigelohara.com

Nigel O'Hara -  www.nigelohara.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Festina Limited Edition Chronomater Watch”

Written on: 20/01/2015 by bobmckean (1 review written)

The watch itself is first class. The display box was ripped and damaged. There was no instruction booklet or guarantee in the box itself, some of the links were missing and the contents of the box were all over the place when it arrived. I emailed to complain in November 2014, and received an email back within a few days asking me whether it was a present for someone or for myself (don't see what difference that makes)! and gave me a link back which took me right back to the sales site!! I have… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/01/2015

Thank you for your Review.

I have recently investigated the issues you have encountered with your order and can only apologise for what you experienced.

We are official stockists of all of our brands and as such, we understand that when a customer purchases from an official stockist they expect a high level of satisfaction with their purchase- and rightfully so.

The issues regarding your item will be recorded for training purposes to ensure that this does not happen again.

In regards to the packaging of your item, I see a colleague has already arranged for a replacement box to be sent out to you and I really hope this helps us on our path to rectifying this situation for you.

“avoid this shop”

Written on: 29/12/2014 by RayanLeblanc337 (1 review written)

Having read the reviews I was reluctant to deal with them. However gave them the benefit of the doubt. Thought I'd bought a garmin 200 in the sales for £55 a crimbo bargain. However followed order up but nothing. Emailed and phoned but nothing. They Refunded The money with no explanation? ! I haveasked for a fullexplanation but heard nothing! Anyone know if they can legally do this? I WARN PEOPLE TO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM.TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the delay in replying to this Review. We would also like to thank you for such feedback as such comments only helps us improve our service.

In reading your review, it appears as though a pricing error had occurred with your order. Please accept my sincere apologies that this was not successfully communicated with you.

We will contact you personally regarding this issue so that any issues you have experienced thoroughly explained with some resolution being met.

Precautions have been put in place to ensure that such instances are not a common occurrence- the impact of these steps taken is evident in our reviews on other platforms.

Providing great customer service is always a paramount priority of Nigel O’Hara.

You can see what our other customers think about us, with hundreds of glowing reviews for confirmed purchases, all on established platforms, such as Trust Pilot, Amazon and BizRate.

Our efforts in providing excellent service can be seen from the messages and feedback left by only externally verified customers. These reviews can be seen on websites such as TrustPilot, BizRate and Amazon.

We also want to assure you that the issues you have encountered are not a common occurrence, and that we will work hard to resolve them for you quickly. Thank you for choosing to shop with Nigel O’Hara and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Dean.

“Money taken and goods not arrived for Christmas”

Written on: 23/12/2014 by ZariaBarker409 (1 review written)

I ordered my goods on the 12th Dec and the money was debited. I have not received my goods despite an assurance from their customer services. It is now looking unlikely that I will receive them in time for Christmas as nothing has been dispatched (as present for my wife) and I'm out of pocket to the tune of £77. They are now not responding to my emails. I hadn't realised until I was looking for emails from Nigel O'Hara that I had used this company in 2012 and had a bad experience then too… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

In reading your review, we understand that you would be frustrated as we feel that communication is vital in providing an excellent service.

Gilliano_S's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

Well this reads exactly the same as my complaint ! Unfortunately I cannot get response to my meaasages and no one bothers to answer the phone -!still waiting for a refund on undelivered goods. The worst online shopping experience ever -avoid them like the plague!

“disgraceful ”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by tommyb1 (1 review written)

I ordered an item 7 days ago and after reading the reviews I was sceptical but as the item wasn't of huge monetary value and the website made it clear the item would arrive before Christmas so I decided to give them a go. Since the 11th December Nobody has contacted me and my item is still processing. I did call them 2 days ago and was told the item wasn't in stock but they did take my money straight away. the gentlemen on the phone did say as long as the item arrive by the 18th I would still… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

Please accept our sincere apologies that your item did not arrive with you as expected before Christmas. We understand that this would have been incredibly frustrating, especially considering the time of year.

Parch66's Response to tommyb1's Review

Written on: 19/12/2014

I also made a purchase from Nigel O'Hara on the 16/12/14 for a monetary just short of £200.
Other than and online "Your order has been successfully placed window; I have not received anything further (confirmation email or tracking number)
I have emailed customer services, but alas no reply as yet; and also decided to phone. This was annoying in that the phone rang for over 2 minutes, and then belatedly a recorded message also told me the office was closed; and it's trading time was 08.30am-5.30pm Mon-Fri.
Well it's Fri 11.15am 19/12/14 and i'm in London...
NOT HAPPY!

“Worst experience ever”

Written on: 02/10/2014 by Parsonswf208 (1 review written)

I honestly believe this is a fake company! I ordered an item of jewellery which turned out to be a discontinued item to which the company had  confirmed to be me the order had been successfully placed with the supplier. They offered an exchange which I declined and requested a refund. They advised this had been sent to the finance department to which a week later I was still waiting and so requested an update, to be told in busy periods it can take longer. Two days later after still no refund… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the extended delay in replying to this Review as we see it was submitted some time ago. We would also like to thank you for such feedback as such comments only helps us improve our service.

We understand completely why you would be upset at the issues you have described as refunds, as I’m sure you understand, should be a priority. Your comments have been forwarded to our Finance Team and the circumstances regarding your order will be investigated.

Emmellar's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2014

Did you consider reporting your experience to Consumerline Northern Ireland? The online form is easy to complete.

Aimeecockerill111's Comment

Written on: 17/12/2014

This has JUST happened to me. a week before christmas!!! chasing them for 3 weeks, they told me over and over it would be here the week before XMAS! and now they arent picking up! and no refund!!!!
HELPPP

Lozzasmum's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2014

Had a very similar experience with 2 Gorjuss bags that i ordered believing them to be in stock, payment was taken straight away. After 2 weeks of chasing them and not being given a delivery estimate i went directly to Paypal and was refunded within a couple of hours!
Like you i believe that this is just an online site, not a reputable jewellers. They sell goods and take your money in the hope that they can eventually get the goods.......just middlemen!
Will never use them again!!

“Appaling customer service”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by Francisco485 (1 review written)

I ordered a watch online, after various email tennis with the customer service department with differing statements of " due soon" "we are hoping it will be delivered shortly" " we expect a consignment this week" over a 3 week period, i eventually received an email stating the watch was now a discontinued model. After just being fed up with shoddy service and false promises, I just asked for my money to be returned, I am still waiting 4 weeks on. If I knew an organisation I could complain to I… Read Full Review

Thank you for your Review.

The issues surrounding your experience would have been understandably frustrating, especially the circumstances regarding your refund.

Leonhales's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2014

Try Trading Standards N.I-They will be very interested in this company yet again!

Jonwcon's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2014

Thank you for the advice. I have emailed NI trading standards, and am awaiting a response. needless to say....still no refund from nigel Oharas!

“BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE”

Written on: 10/09/2014

I ordered a Seiko watch which was at a 40% discount and they say if it's too good to be true it usually is. I was told the watch had been ordered in just for me and was not in stock. A chase after 12 days got nowhere so I left it for another 16 days and received further excuses. I then contacted the Paypal resolution centre and received a refund within a few days. At least I did not have to wait endlessly for the refund as others have done. Using Paypal was very useful. I will never use them… Read Full Review

“AVOID NIGEL O'HARA SHOP!!!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by dlCooke32 (1 review written)

I see that Nigel O' Hara is actively flagging all negative reviews on TrustPilot as having no proof of purchase which is a way to enhance their ratings. I have THE WORSE EXPERIENCE when buying form this website. Few week ago i purchased 2 watches and as my order did not arrived by the date I expected i contacted shop numerous of times and they kept saying that they have to order this watch from factory and blamed manufacture for delay (despite the fact that the watch was 'Available to order'… Read Full Review

Leonhales's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2014

Nigel O'Hara report all negative reviews on Trustpilot-Even though Trustpilot have been advised of this they continue to allow it. Everyone should persevere, this company should not be allowed to trade, they are criminals(this is just a personal observation, make up your own minds).

“DONT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE! BE WARNED”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by kpnardi (1 review written)

I ordered a Withings pulse 02, and I was sent the old version of which I had, so they agreed to take it back, I sent it back in its original packaging and unopened, they took delivery of it on the 12th August. After chasing numerous times for my refund, all they say is it can take up to 28 days! shame they don't wait 28 days to take my money after dispatch! I have had correspondence with an advisor and he is useless, if not a robot just repeating the same thing. SO DONT USE THIS COMPANY… Read Full Review

“Please never use them! Worst shop in the world!!”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by CallieHatch32 (1 review written)

They hook you in with massive discounts then either don't send the product or in my case, sent me the wrong thing after 8 long weeks of phone calls to chase (being fobbed off and lied to) and worrying that I'd lost my money. A box finally arrived this morning after I gave up and asked for a refund. It's the wrong watch!! I wish I'd never bothered. I've never ever had worse service. The positive reviews for this shop read like they were written by the employees, all the genuine negative reviews… Read Full Review

Kpnardi's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2014

I totally agree with all of the above, I've never dealt with such and incompetent company.

“Avoid this retailer”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by dmart (1 review written)

They took payment for a watch they did not have in stock and could not deliver. I had to phone to find out why no delivery and cancelled the order. After six weeks they still have not refunded the money, so we have had to recover the money from the credit card company. They still advertise the watch as 'available to order' which is tantamount to seeking payment on false pretences. … Read Full Review

“Honesty is the best policy”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by HonestJoe123 (1 review written)

I ordered a Rotary watch on the 3 Aug 14. I had not received any correspondence from them up until the 11 Aug 14 when I contacted them about my purchase. I was told that the item was not in stock and they were waiting to get from the manufacturer. I was given the opportunity to select and watch which I did. The bizarre thing is that the watch which I originally ordered was still listed on their site for purchase. As if that was not enough; all of my subsequent choices were not in… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/01/2015

Thank you for your Review.

In reading your review, we understand why you may feel frustrated with the service you have received. In recent months we have investigated this issue and other such instances as a means of improving our service for the customer.

Jopaka's Response to HonestJoe123's Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Amazed that you have given 4 stars for value for money! They didn't give you the product. We could all advertise rock bottom prices and take the money with no intention of honouring the order and then stall customers attempts to get a refund.

“Only deserve zero stars”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by shamps01 (1 review written)

When ordering a product, you expect it to turn up - when it doesnt turn up and you cancel the order, you expect the money to be refunded. Nigel O'Hara are by far the worst ever online retailer I have ever used - they take the order, take the money and then when the order is cancelled - they keep the money. I am still waiting for the refund to be processed and continually get fobbed off with weak apologetic excuses about a systems failure/systems changes/new finance department. You can… Read Full Review

Gilliano_S's Response to shamps01's Review

Written on: 19/01/2015

This is exactly how my complaint reads ! I have never had such poor service from an online company ! Still hoping for a refund .....

“Reluctant Refund”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Bertie-G (0 reviews written)

Watch I ordered was a good price and arrived in good time. The one star is purely for refund. The Bulova watch I ordered for my wife's anniversary present had letters printed on the glass, not as advertised. This made it look cheap, nothing like the £628 I paid for it. I sent it back, 2 days later they sent me an email stating they had received the watch. Month later, no refund, credit card late fee and interest. Called the number (Only sales number given on website, no accounts dept or… Read Full Review

“Terrible, Never Buy From There”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by goDuncan174 (1 review written)

99% of their answers are automatic responses with 0 information about time of delievery or any other information. Take the money instantly and after more than 1 month still no information about the delievery. here you can check the case (start from bottom to top): 30/07/2014 17:29:00 Customer Services Thank you for your e-mail, We assure you that it has never been the case that we have been treating you differently due to the fact that your item has been discounted. All orders are of vital… Read Full Review

Tberta's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2014

My story is much the same as your I ordered on 2nd May emails were pretty much identical to yours. I cancelled 7 weeks later they promised a refund 5- 7 days but did advise in busy periods could take a maximum of 28 days. (Guess with this history all periods are busy for refunds) Any way after 40 days (29th July) of much the same emails and none committal answers I took a much harder approach using 2 separate routes, now 3 days later I had a call directly from Nigel O'Hara Jewellers informing me that my payment was being made today and should be cleared funds within 48 hours. They did also point out that they are not in control of my Bank and that they may take longer to credit my account.

“Bad Experience”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Tberta (1 review written)

I found Nigel O'Hara via a web search. I then ordered a watch for my husbands birthday, which was in stock and would take 3 - 7 day delivery. After a few emails and call it came very obvious they could not locate the product I required They offered an alternative, which my husband did not want. So, after 7 weeks I cancelled. They were very good about it they said not to worry I would get my refund 5 - 7 days, but in busy period it would take a maximum of 28 days. Again after lots of emails and… Read Full Review

“Awful. Never never use this company”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by Joandon (1 review written)

Like many people whose reviews I've read I ordered goods that were never delivered. My repeated requests for info were met with automated emails, and phone calls where I was told several times 'it'll be here in the week' - but it never was. I rang today and asked to speak to a manager and was told that as I was bring difficult they had the right to cancel the order! Do not use thus company. Please save yourself the stress and disappointment… Read Full Review

“This is the worst website shop ever. Bought a watch...”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by LondonMarv (3 reviews written)

This is the worst website shop ever. Bought a watch online in June, still nothing received over a month later and not even an updated order status! Repeated contacts, no responses, or piles of excuses. I'm shocked they're allowed to continue operating. I'm writing to Trading Standards and Advertising standards today. These people abuse their customers trust and waste their time. Shop at your own peril… Read Full Review

Tberta's Response to LondonMarv's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Trading Standards recommended If you bought via Credit Card go to your Credit Card Company, and make a complaint ask for a refund under section 75a of the Consumer rights law. Or that I wrote to them telling I was taking them to the small claims court and send it by recorded delivery. Then actually take out a small claims via the court. However living in London they said it may be hard work. So I took their first option, which is being processed. I do agree they should be struck off. I have also Contacted a well know purchasing web site and reported them as that is where I found them.

“Will take your money for discontinued, out of stock...”

Written on: 15/07/2014

Nigel O'Hara - OH DEAR! I wish I had read the reviews first! Instead I looked on Google Earth and saw that they run a "proper" shop in N. Ireland. Proper!!! What a trickster! I bought a watch that, it turns out is discontinued - as authorised sellers, they would know this? They would know that there is no stock, at the manufacturers, to order from! Yet they are still listing the watch and still taking YOUR money, if, like me, you go for their (automatic) price beater! After a week - no… Read Full Review

Tberta's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

I like your advice, I will pay via Pay Pal in the future.

“Avoid at all costs!”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by MartinCollard (1 review written)

They don't deliver and then don't refund- avoid!! I ordered a watch on 09/05/14 after various emails from them saying delivery would be next week, then the following week etc I gave up and asked for a refund on 19/06/14 and received a reply telling me that in busy periods it can take up to 14 days for a refund. I hardly think this is reasonable as it takes less time to process the refund than it does to place an order. Despite this and numerous reminders to them I'm still waiting and they now… Read Full Review

Tdot's Response to MartinCollard's Review

Written on: 19/07/2014

I've been waiting almost 50 days for a refund on an order I cancelled. Do update on how you get on. Thank you

Martincollard's reply to Tdot's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2014

I'm only up to 33 days but have had this response today:
' Unfortunately it has recently been brought to our attention that the company we use to process these refunds have made changes to their system. This is something that we have not been informed of, and has resulted in us temporarily being unable to process refunds'
This is utter rubbish and I have now asked my credit card company to make a chargeback; I'm also going to contact Trading Standards tomorrow. I'm sure it would help if others did this as the shop might then be properly investigated

Tberta's Response to MartinCollard's Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

If you paid via Credit Card go to your Card company ask for a refund Under section75a of the consumer rights law. You may well be able to do this with your Bank. The only other option is to send a recorded letter telling them you will take them to the small claims court, however if you do this you will need to follow it through. Good Luck