Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch Reviews

• Battery Life

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“AVOID the late 2011 model”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by forouhcr (1 review written)

This review applies only to Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2011. I was delighted with this Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2011 but since June 2014 it has had FIVE graphics cards failures (screen goes blank, or gets blue screen of death etc.), requiring a logic board replacement. The first time it cost me £410 to replace in a Apple Store, subsequently it was replaced free under the 3 month warranty period. This has not happened just to me; there are over 577 posts in on the Apple Discussions site, over… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“Really great laptop - easy and clean to use ”

Written on: 14/08/2012 by Clauskalk (2 reviews written)

This is my first mac laptop and it is definitely not my last! Mac and Apple have given me an overall better computing experience and I love the ease at which I am able to browser and do everything with just the shift of my hand. Gorgeous design and definitely value for money!… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“I've owned a Macbook for nearly 5 years now, and have...”

Written on: 29/12/2010 by MrJiffles (4 reviews written)

I've owned a Macbook for nearly 5 years now, and have been generally really pleased with the different ones I've had. The big think for me is their reliability - as I've found they've never let me down.

I find they rarely crash, and all the programmes run very quickly on it. I also find that because Macs don't get viruses I don't have to bother with virus software.

The main downside I'd say is their weight. I do have to say I find them really quite heavy - which is pretty annoying if… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“Prior to owning this I had a 20-inch iMac which I used...”

Written on: 28/12/2010 by the elements600 (8 reviews written)

Prior to owning this I had a 20-inch iMac which I used for music and media at college, which itself is essentially a beefed up laptop with higher spec components and a detached keyboard and mouse.

I'm now a journalism student studying at university so something more portable is a bonus.

Put simply, the MacBook Pro such a joy to use. The 15-inch screen, despite being a tad smaller than that of my previous iMac, is tremendously bright and vibrant. The backlit keyboard makes the keys stand out… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“Thank you to god, because i shopp these model of...”

Written on: 16/02/2010 by skaterguy1986 (3 reviews written)

Thank you to god, because i shopp these model of notebook, becaseu it very good… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“I bought a 15.4 inch Macbook Pro with a 320GB HD, a...”

Written on: 15/11/2009 by Keith the Astrophysicist (11 reviews written)

I bought a 15.4 inch Macbook Pro with a 320GB HD, a 2.54GHz CPU, 4Gb RAM and two NVIDIA graphics cards built in. I already owned a 24 inch iMac which I bought to replace a troublesome PC which kept crashing. When buying an Apple laptop you are buying both a machine and dedicated software. The MAC operating system Mac OSX Leopard has proved fast and reliable; a recent upgrade to Snow Leopard introduced a few minor glitches but these have been largely ironed out. The laptop itself has superb build… Read Full Review

Keith The Astrophysicist's Response to Keith the Astrophysicist's Review

Written on: 19/05/2013

...and I still have this laptop after over 4 years. I've upgraded the hard drive twice (easy to do on this Mac), so it now has a 1Tb capacity. Meanwhile, an update of the boot rom enabled the RAM to be increased from 4 to 8 Gb. Mechanically, it remains as sound as the day I bought it. Admittedly, the power supply unit has been replaced twice due to the usual issue of the low voltage cable failing (all makes of PSU do this). Also, the Macbook itself went back to the genius bar for a free replacement of the slower of the two graphics cards, which began to cause an occasional flicker on the screen.

I see no reason to change this machine at all, which shows no sign of becoming obsolete. A big initial investment but I now know it to be worthwhile.

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“I currently write this review on said Mac book pro,...”

Written on: 02/10/2009 by nclipse (4 reviews written)

I currently write this review on said Mac book pro, and let me say that I am incredibly satisfied.

In all honesty. The main reason anyone would want to own a MBP is its aesthetics. The computer is incredibly sleek and lightweight (from its aluminum allow casing) and is very quick in Leopard OS. I dual boot my mac and most often run it in windows mode. I was very impressed by its adaptability. It runs almost all programs in Windows XP at native speed. The only drawback is that the MBP gets very… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“I bought the MacBook pro for use at university, after...”

Written on: 06/09/2009 by adamhornsby (17 reviews written)

I bought the MacBook pro for use at university, after a long search for looking for a laptop. I read magazines, browsed internet reviews and asked for genuine opinions. I shortlisted a Dell XPS, but a student offer on Apple products tempted me.

I never have been a Mac fan, always preferring windows. After some trouble with vista and xp, i thought back to those college days I had been using a mac, where I never had any trouble with the OS crashing or any of the usual windows lagging.

I bought… Read Full Review

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch

“Absolute rubbish!!! Apple 15inch MacBook Pro costs a...”

Written on: 01/08/2009

Absolute rubbish!!! Apple 15inch MacBook Pro costs a fortune but only works when it wants to, it's really bad!!! i would never recommend this to anyone, in fact I've bought another brand which works impressively better. i am appalled after looking at previous reviews, however Apple were very helpful dealing with my problems and finding solutions… Read Full Review

Keith The Astrophysicist's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2009

I found this review unhelpful because the reviewer has not said what the problems were that they experienced. A blanket condemnation of a product without supporting evidence is no use to anyone.