Anytime Fitness Reviews - www.anytimefitness.co.uk

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“All they want is money!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by 207Bird (1 review written)

No problem is what you are told when you want to cancel membership. The whole time that you think it is cancelled they are adding it up on your account. Then they turn it over to a credit collection company. I will be happy when everyone has enough of this and quits going there… Read Full Review

“THE WORST GYM EVER”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Izabellex162 (1 review written)

They will not let me cancel my membership even though I have no money to give to them! They take advantage of people and run away with their money! Honestly I never write bad reviews about a business but this is seriously the worst company I have ever encountered. DO NOT JOIN!… Read Full Review

“Horrible!Horrible!Horrible!!”

Written on: 20/06/2014 by Jenna253 (1 review written)

Plenty hidden fees, I recommend everyone not to join! I stopped going due to having a newborn baby and they still charged me and credited me for it! I had to pay 564.88 out of pocket for nothing! They're selfish and money hungry!… Read Full Review

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“I couldn't be happier with my facility.”

Written on: 06/04/2014 by Doddku412 (1 review written)

The management is very good. The trainers do a good job. I have worked out for many years so do everything on my own, but when I have a question there is always someone there to ask. I am lucky to be close enough to bike there but that is only a plus for me. I just turned 83 and could not be happier with my club and the management personnel… Read Full Review

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Shocking customer service ”

Written on: 11/03/2014 by HannahBentley (1 review written)

Gym is ok - not very friendly . Staff unapproachable as all they do is sit in office and it's like you are disturbing them. Some machines don't work. Threatening emails and constant text when I cancelled my direct debit when I was told by them my contract was up. They then move the goalposts and quote small print. Threats of legal action. Apparently I have to get their permission to cancel my DD!! Not good mix of music in my view. Parking is a nightmare and you have to use multi storey… Read Full Review

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Makes going to the gym the best part of the day”

Written on: 08/01/2014 by RufusS (1 review written)

I'm a member of the Colchester Anytime Fitness gym, and I think it's a great setup where the clubs are individually owned, as you get a very friendly and personal feel to the place. Equipment is never out of order for long, and new pieces of equipment or subtle changes often happen to improve the atmosphere. It's good to be able to use any of the other gyms in the franchise worldwide if travelling, although at the moment there's not so many in the UK to be useful, but hopefully this will… Read Full Review

“so very sorry I joined”

Written on: 23/10/2013

Equipment is fine, gym ok clean, hidden costs, say they explained NOT, went into bank account and helped themselves. was warned by several people in this small area not to join, did not listen. No one showed me how to use any machine, Huge waste of money, so sorry I cannot be kinder. Very dishonest… Read Full Review

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Poor facilaties & CCJ blackmail”

Written on: 02/10/2013 by Honestview72 (1 review written)

Anytime Fitness have the worst gym facilities I have experienced on top of viscous management who treat their customers badly. I was told by the sales person I was signing a one month contract, but in the small print it was written as a 6 month contract. When I Cancelled the contract giving one months notice because my work was moving 50 miles from the club and I was no longer able to attend the club they would not cancel and said I would have to pay for two more months. I wrote explaining… Read Full Review

“Pathetic "Owner"(DISGUSTING PERVERT)”

Written on: 10/08/2013

Let me start by saying I'm a former trainer at this gym, which is located in Sicklerville, NJ. I was a trainer there approximately 5 yrs. and throughout this time this filth who considers himself the owner started a rumor(LIE)that my wife and I were swingers. He told anyone willing to listen-from other trainers, to his clients, and to gym members signing up for the first time. This garbage was told over and over to discontinue this rumor due to the fact that my wife felt extremely humiliated… Read Full Review

Savvygymuser's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Wow, that's quite a personal tirade about an American gym on a UK Based forum. Good going pal! You're supposed to rate the gym equipment, cleanliness of the changing rooms and whether or not it's good value. Not have an anonymous rant against your old boss.

I've reported this review as rubbish, and hope Review Centre agree.

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Shocked and disgusted. ”

Written on: 31/07/2013 by bluefern (1 review written)

I was shocked by the way I was treated when I walked in the door to ask what the monthly fee will be to join. The person that approached me was a bad representative of this company. To make maters worse is that he said he was the owner. He was not knowledgeable on the questions I asked related to exercise and gym equipment and no people skills at all. It is not that I am joining a gym for the first time. I just wanted to change gyms to save some money, but I think I will rather pay more and… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to bluefern's Review

Written on: 06/08/2013

Hi, we are sorry to hear about this experience at one of our independently owned and operated sites.

Can you confirm that you are reviewing an Anytime Fitness location in the United Kingdom?

Bluefern's reply to Anytimefitness's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2013

Yes I can confirm the branch to be Basingstoke.

Anytimefitnessuk's reply to Bluefern's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

Hi,

I am sorry you felt that the customer service you received at our Basingstoke club was unsatisfactory. I can assure you customer service is taken very seriously at Anytime Fitness and so I would like to apologise for any offence caused on your visit. Our members are really important and we want to build a happy and healthy member community at our club. We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove we are a friendly club where our customers are key to our success. Feel free to stop by the club and one of the team will make themselves available to discuss the benefits of being a Anytime Fitness member.

Tom Norbury, Club Owner, Anytime Fitness Basingstoke

Jdruce's Response to bluefern's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

Just in the process of moving to Basingstoke and was considering joining online this week. Will now re consider options. Thanks for the heads up!

Anytimefitnessuk's reply to Jdruce's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

Hi, If you're moving to Basingstoke please do come in and visit Anytime Fitness. If you look at other reviews for our company most of them are very positive and our members are really important to us. Some benefits of joining an Anytime Fitness club are:
- 24/7 access with your security fob
- Join one club join them all, if you travel or visit other places in the UK your member fob will give you access anytime anywhere.
- If you invite friends to join we'll give you £1 off your monthly memership for every person you invite who joins. This could considerably reduce your monthly direct debit.
- Our clubs are all small, local clubs where we build a community spirit. The culture is important to us and the equipment is all up-to-date, clean and well maintained.

Visit our website to book your free trial pass and give us a chance to prove that Anytime Fitness is a great club to join.

Jdruce's reply to Anytimefitnessuk's Comment

Written on: 09/08/2013

Thanks for responding,I will swing by next week to discuss my needs in a gym,ie PT.

Many thanks
James

Ralphey2's reply to Anytimefitnessuk's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2013

I am comnenting about the Eastleigh branch, when they advertised join for £25.00, when I went in to join one of the staff said they wanted a full year payment in advance thats how I would get it at the £25.00 pm with no refund if you decide to pull out at anytime, A couple of old gym friends from my gym are at anytime gym, and apparently if they get someone to join they can join on the same contract as the one they joined on, one of them are on £31.00, other on the £25.00. When I decided to give it another try one of the staff said no we dont HONOUR OUR PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS Oh exept the one on the £31.00 ofcourse, He came out with the lamest story that you could live in London and join here for the HONOURED £25.00 and use the London branch. I did clearly state I live in Eastleigh and have proof i.e driving licence , passport, council tax etc etc. But he said the best they can offer is £30.00. I asked how come you mention to clients join at this price and bring your friend in at same price with a pound off each person you bring in. He replied Oh Oh yest we do try to inform people that weve changed contract , but obviously not in writting or word of mouth just telepathic. As much as I want to join not at that price as I got a gym at same price with sauna pools etc etc. I wanted to join just to train with my friends. Do they have a honest word in them???

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Great value for money and a great location”

Written on: 31/05/2013 by LilMissSunshine24 (1 review written)

My boyfriend and I have been members of Anytime Fitness for almost 2 years, I love the social atmosphere, the range of equipment and the friendliness of the staff and personal trainers, who really go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The price is great considering the location (My last gym charged me double!) and since opening another branch near our home last year it means we don't have to travel into town to work out on the weekends. Classes are good, but a little… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to LilMissSunshine24's Review

Written on: 06/08/2013

Thanks for your kind comments! We appreciate your feedback :-)

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Dank & american corporate.”

Written on: 24/05/2013 by JellyRoll (1 review written)

Found Anytime Fitness gym inviting mainly due to its low cost and the ability to go at antisocial hours. There is a relatively good amount of equipment there but by the time I left I rarely was able to jump on to any of it, totally over subscribed. The whole gym is underground so there are no windows, it feels very un natural down there, very uncared for, a real rat run. From what I saw there over two years there was quite a high turn over of staff and I'm not surprised. The bathrooms are… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to JellyRoll's Review

Written on: 06/08/2013

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate your feedback :-)

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“say anything to get you in the door”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by Archerytonyb (1 review written)

My wife and I just joined in portage wi and were lead to believe they would have plenty of help to GUIDE us. SURE there is holding their hand out for pay training! $45 PER HOUR. The gym is clean and there is plenty of nice epuipment if you already know what to do. We showed up for a evaluation in the middle of the day (we have our own biz to run but ok we did it) and were not told anything of any value from it later realizing if we hired a personal trainer THEN this info would be used. Im sorry… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to Archerytonyb's Review

Written on: 01/05/2013

Hi there, I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the Service received at one of our US based Clubs.

Personal Trainers are quite often self employed, and work on an independant basis.

Might we suggest contacting someone in your own country to raise your concerns? If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us here in the UK on info@anytimefitness.co.uk where we will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Savvygymuser's Response to Archerytonyb's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

Yeah good job coming onto a UK based forum and slagging a US based gym! Is it not common practice for personal trainers to use a gym as a base in return for offering their services to the paying members over thre. Give the gym a break - I don't think it was their fault!

As for Anytime Fitness UK I applaud you for sticking up for your US based friends (again)

“Best Gym”

Written on: 06/03/2013 by adamh1989 (1 review written)

i would recommend this gym basingstoke allways open friendly staff Adam H… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to adamh1989's Review

Written on: 01/05/2013

Hi Adam, thanks for your kind comment! If there is anything that the team at Basingstoke can do, please don't hesitate to drop by the Office!

“Great Gym! #justsaying!”

Written on: 11/02/2013

I have been a member of this Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke for almost a year and my visists range from periods of living in there to a lazy couple of months before Christmas where I was lucky to go even a couple of times. For a local gym I can walk to this gym is fantastic! The facility is always nice and clean and it offers just enough equipment to keep everyone happy from the treadmill walkers to the free weight lifters (But there seem to be a lot of beefy guys in there!) I recommend this… Read Full Review

Savvygymuser's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2013

Great use of the #hashtag!

Nice to see people leaving good reviews for a change!

Written on: 01/05/2013

Hi, thank you for your kind comments. If there is anything that the team at the Bradley Stoke Club can do, then please don't hesitate to ask!

“Furnace inside”

Written on: 09/02/2013 by liedto (1 review written)

In Dyersburg, TN, they refuse to keep the temperature at a comfortable setting. Most of the time it is frequently over 90 in there. Even in the winter, they set the heat at 70 degrees, so that by the time people are working out, the temp gets 78 even then. They refuse to fix the problem. The manager is young and thin, wears a coat even at 78 degrees. Therefore, the customers are made to suffer because she will not keep it at the 65 degrees that we prefer. She promised when I signed on that… Read Full Review

Anytimefitness's Response to liedto's Review

Written on: 11/02/2013

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you have had some problems with one of our US Based Clubs.

You might try emailing the Anytime Fitness Corporate Head Office on info@anytimefitness.com who may be able to help with your problem.

Liedto's reply to Anytimefitness's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2013

Unfortunately, sorry does not help. At this point, I would prefer to see the problem resolved. There is a site to Corporate, but impossible to utilize. Surprise, surprise.

Savvygymuser's reply to Liedto's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2013

Hmmm, while you may have a valid complaint have you tried speaking to the gym itself, or even as Anytimefitness has suggested the Head Office in America? That would be proactively resolving the problem.

No, you'd rather come anonymously onto a UK based review forum and complain about a USA based gym. Clever stuff.

Bravo to Anytime Fitness UK for stepping up to the post for their USA based friends!

“ITS A TRAP!”

Written on: 14/01/2013

Dont sign up with this company they use ABC Finacial for their contracts and payment services. I signed up for 6 months and have been paying them for a year because I wasnt aware that I had to write a 30 day cancelation letter and send it certified to get them to stop charging me. ITS A TRAP!!! What a money pit, they got my money but I get to write the bad review… Read Full Review

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Not what I expected. Better!”

Written on: 28/12/2012

Positioned on Queens Road in Bristol next to Wilkinsons Anytime Fitness offers a large layout gym containing a mixture of Cardio and Resistance equipment. All of the cardio equipment have their own TV screens on them and I've found everything easy to use. On the only occasion where I didn't know what I was doing I was helped by a wonderful, friendly member of Staff called Sophie. The gym is open 24 hours if that is your thing (but not mine!) and isn't full of horrible leering blokes which I… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2013

Thanks for taking the time to comment. If the team at Anytime Fitness Bristol Clifton can be of any help, please don't hesitate to drop by the Office!

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Anytime Fitness are different”

Written on: 13/12/2012

I have used a lot of different gyms over the years and paid for things I don't use, e.g. pool etc. Here (Anytime Basingstoke UK) I pay £29 and use what I pay for. I don't like gyms that think they are worth £45, £50, £60 when they don't offer any better service for the money. They believe their club is value enough and I should be grateful I am allowed to join..! Put an Anytime Fitness in every neighbourhood and see what the others do then. They will have to start to manage their… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2013

Thanks for taking the time to comment. If Tom and team at Anytime Fitness Basingstoke can be of any help, please don't hesitate to drop by the Office!

“worst experience ever!”

Written on: 30/11/2012

this company is the worst. i have never, in my life experienced such ignorance. the employees seem like they've never been trained and don't relay any of the proper information you need and trying to deal with their corporate office is worse than the automated menus for the gas company… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/12/2012

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems. Can you confirm that you are reviewing one of the UK based Clubs.

Please feel free to email us on info@anytimefitness.co.uk and we'll be happy to put you in touch with someone in your own Country to try and rectify your issues! :-)