Smart Buy Glasses Reviews - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk

Summary

Summary
SmartBuyGlasses was founded to supply authentic designer frames and sunglasses to our valued customers. Our mission is to provide quality eyewear at unbeatable prices. Through our very strong supplier relationships and low cost setup, we are able to provide our customers with the best pricing in the UK when it comes to designer eyewear.

Service Goal
Our goal is to satisfy our customers and we take our clients' comments very seriously, as it helps us to improve our service on a daily basis. It is our policy not to leave any client unsatisfied. We would be glad to personally help you in any way. Please feel free to contact us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com and We will help you personally to solve the issue to reach a positive outcome.

Contact Details

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Very Slow”

Written on: 26/07/2014

The glasses took a few weeks to arrive and the responses to my enquiry emails took a few days to be answered. The responses to my enquiry emails (in which they indicated that the glasses would be dispatched that day) were inaccurate. This would be easier to tolerate if the likely waiting time was made clear at the point of ordering, and if they charged you for the glasses upon dispatch - but they don't, they charge you up front. I will try a different company next time… Read Full Review

“Good frames - terrible lenses”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by mchowney (1 review written)

Ordered due to fantastic price. Like others have mentioned, the company is Hong Kong based, which they hide from their website - probably wouldn't have ordered if I'd realised. My prescription glasses were actually shipped from Italy. When they arrived, they were well packaged and the frames were nice, however the lenses were terrible. They looked as though they had been very badly fitted and looking through them hurt my eyes. To be fair, I was able to return for a refund, which I did -… Read Full Review

“Unfulfilled order”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by Mambutterfly (1 review written)

I ordered a pair of glasses for my daughter. They came no problem. I ordered a pair for me. A few days later I got a notice they were out fo stock and I could reorder. I wanted to speak to someone since the new frames I chose were less expensive and I wanted to determine how the transaction would work. I tried to call the number provided. It was a recording letting me know they don't answer the phone because they're too busy. I couldn't leave a message or anything. Just, bye, see ya! I… Read Full Review

Service Manager Sbg's Response to Mambutterfly's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Dear,

I regret to hear you experienced out of stock issues. Due to the European summer, our unprecedented sales volume is exceeding stock levels which we are solving as we speak. It is no excuse and we take full responsibility for what happened. Note that our website shows at all times which items are in stock for immediate dispatch.

If you wish to talk to one of our agents on the phone, please submit a 'Call Me' request and one of our agents will call you ASAP.

I hope this experience wont stop you from visiting us again in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

SmartBuyGlasses

Mambutterfly's Response to Mambutterfly's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

No, your website did not reflect the out of stock status of the two separate items I tried to purchase. If it had, i wouldn't have ordered them. And if your online ordering system was worth anything, it should have stopped me from ordering or given me a back order message right away. I rated your website so low because of this very issue.

I do a considerable amount of shopping online. Please take my feedback as input for areas to improve vs tryng to cover your tracks. You'll have far fewer negative comments in the future if you fix the problems for future customers.

“Best Avoided”

Written on: 30/11/2013

I ordered a new pair of prescription glasses for myself and my wife, she chose from smartbuyglasses I chose mine from a UK company (Toni & Guy) both were Ralph Lauren frames - the UK company advised a delay in sourcing my colour choice from the manufacturer but managed to deliver in 10 days the smartbuyglasses ones arrived after 18 business days (23 total) what is not obvious from the website is that smartbuyglasses is a Hong Kong based operation and needs to be a consideration when choosing… Read Full Review

“Misleading but did the job.”

Written on: 22/05/2013 by alip_93 (1 review written)

So I knew exactly the pair of sunglasses I was after (Polarised Wayfarer 2140) and found them at a very good price from a UK retailer(The Glasses Corp - based in Devon). Unfortunately they had to refund me the money as they were out of stock of my size. So I then went looking for another UK retailer. I knew I wanted a .co.uk website and wanted confirmation they were genuine. I came across smart buy glasses. Prices in £ Sterling and .co.uk website so that would suggest a UK company. Prices were… Read Full Review

“A long wait”

Written on: 26/04/2013 by heinzy (1 review written)

I ordered some cycling shades when a pair broke. I read a mag review of Salice and ordered a pair from this site. They took four weeks to arrive and the tracking number supplied didn't work. They are cheaper than shop prices but I would gladly have paid the extra. Be prepared for a long wait… Read Full Review

Service Manager Sbg's Response to heinzy's Review

Written on: 06/05/2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for provided feedback. First of all I would like to thank you for your time and patience and we hope you will enjoy wearing your new pair of glasses.

SmartBuyGlasses is an online retailer and we only sell our items in our online web shop. As this business set up limits our costs, we can offer our models at very competitive prices.

It usually takes 5-12 working days to process the order, however some orders may be delayed due to brand's popularity / exclusivity.

We are constantly working on shipping time improvements and doing our best to process all orders within advertised time.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please, feel free to contact at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.co.uk

Anna

“Took 9 months to receive my original order!”

Written on: 23/03/2013

I hate writing negative reviews but I was left speechless on many Occassions trying to sort out receiving my order. I wasn't really offered any compensation for all the inconvenience caused and had to repeat myself so many times I felt like I was dealing with a seriously incompetent company. That said the glasses are cheaper but I don't think I could go through that again. Maybe this was a one off and I apologise to all at SBG as it might have been one of those things but it was very poor… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

Dear Valued customer,

Thank you for provided feedback. I'm extremely sorry to hear that it took so long to process your original order.

We are taking customers opinion very seriously and would like to ask you to get back to us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.co.uk providing Order ID and referring to this review, so we could follow up with customer service team and our suppliers.

We thank you for your time and patience and looking forward to hearing from you.

SmartBuyGlasses

“Customs seized glasses!”

Written on: 29/11/2012

I ordered a pair of D&G glasses i couldnt get anywhere else in the uk. After several weeks of waiting for them to come back into stock i was told that the glasses are now discontinued... With NO PHONE number i tried emailing the company - after a few emails i realised that it was a different person emailing me each time and that they did not read the email conversation - only my latest email - so therefore has NO CLUE what the situation was! I finally managed to order the same glasses in a… Read Full Review

“Take too long to arrive”

Written on: 15/11/2012

Price is excellent and so are the glasses. However they took over 2 weeks to arrive. After the first few days had passed I e-mailed them to advise i needed them to arrive in the next week or so because I was leaving England to live in Australia and they assured me everything was going to be fine, numerous times!!! but still they never arrived. So I had to pay an additional postage for them to be delivered to Oz. The company offered a 10% refund which I accepted and still weeks down the line… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/12/2012

Dear Valued customer,

thank you for provided feedback.

First of all i would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by delay situation with your order processing.
It usually takes us 5-12 working days to process all orders as we have to order glasses from our Italian suppliers. In some cases, after we place the order and get a confirmation there is a small percentage of cases where the order status changes which is out of our control. The reason this happens is because our stock levels and the distributors stock levels change on a real time basis with thousands of orders made every minute and unfortunately this can happen especially when we offer such a large range of products.

Also, all glasses from our Special deal section we currently have in our Distributor office and ready to dispatch within 24 -48 hours

I'm sure your issue has been resolved by now, however if you have any questions, please, get back to us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.co.uk

SBG

“Terrible customer service long delivery time”

Written on: 22/11/2011 by dcm16 (1 review written)

I will start by saying the glasses I ordered we just what I was looking for and at a competitive price. That unfortunately is the only good thing to say about SmartBuyGlasses.co.uk After placing the order I contacted their customer service team to enquire about delivery. I got confused responses and an offer to deliver anywhere. This was initially great as I work at sea and planned to have them shipped to my ship however I was unable to get any solid answer from he customer service team as to… Read Full Review

Service Manager Sbg's Response to dcm16's Review

Written on: 19/01/2012

Dear Dcm16,
SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia and of course UK. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world.

To respond to your question, we unfortunately are not able to deliver at sea. I am truly sorry that there was some confusion with the communication. We have recently experienced a large increase in customer inquiries and are doing our best on a daily basis. We have recently hired several more customer service representatives to make sure our customers are taken care of. Please contact us and we will make sure that it won't happen again.

Due to the large number of listings on our site (we strive to provide the largest selection range in the world) we occasionally will have models that are not available after the customer purchases, this is a very low occurrence rate. While there was nothing we could have done to procure it faster for you, we do take responsibility for the listing on our site and the subsequent scarce availability and extended wait time.
For further assistance, please contact us via email at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.co.uk providing your order ID and we will be glad to help you.
Best regards,
Augustin | SBG

“Cannot believe that for £12 delivery it takes soooo...”

Written on: 09/02/2011

Cannot believe that for £12 delivery it takes soooo long for the glasses to arrive.
I would recommend looking elsewhere unless this is the ONLY site that stocks what you want.

Dissappointed :-(… Read Full Review

“It's hard to recommend them, but to be fair I did get...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

It's hard to recommend them, but to be fair I did get a genuine pair of my chosen glasses (Tag Heuer) for £100 cheaper than anywhere else. Yes, it was several weeks late. Yes, I was pretty worried when I realised through my credit card statement that they were based in Hong Kong. However they did arrive, so I am happy... but equally relieved… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/10/2010

Dear Guest,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your comment. I am Mederic, service manager for Smartbuyglasses.
<br/>
<br/>We would like to apologize for the inconvenient situation you had to go through. I understand that it cost you a lot of time and caused you stress as it took a particularly long delay to be delivered.
<br/>
<br/>Our goal is to satisfy our customers and we take our clients' comments very seriously, as it helps us to improve our service on a daily basis. It is our policy not to leave any client unsatisfied.
<br/>
<br/>I would be glad to personally help you in any way. Please feel free to contact us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com with your order ID (or other details related to your purchase) and I will help you personally to solve the issue to reach a positive outcome.
<br/>
<br/>Once again, accept our sincere apologies for the bad experience you had with our company, and please let me know how we can rectify this inconvenient situation.
<br/>Best Regards,
<br/>Mederic

“It's been 35 days since I've placed my order on...”

Written on: 25/06/2010

It's been 35 days since I've placed my order on Smartbuyglasses.co.nz and amount removed from my VISA debit card, so far I've received 4 emails one after each week for 4 consecutive weeks starting with "I'm regret to inform you a further delay .blah blah blah", and this week they are totally ignoring my email. Yes they offer a refund shall I request it, but what about the 1 month waiting for their non-existing glasses from their non-existing supplier??? Still waiting, worst website you can… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/08/2010

Dear Guest,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your comment. I am M d ric, service manager for Smartbuyglasses.
<br/>
<br/>We would like to apologize for the inconvenient situation you had to go through. I understand that it cost you a lot of time and caused you stress.
<br/>
<br/>I would be glad to personally help you in any way. Please feel free to contact us at servicemanager@motionglobal.com and I will help you personally to solve the issue to reach a positive outcome.
<br/>Best Regards,