Smart Buy Glasses Reviews - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk

Summary

Summary
SmartBuyGlasses was founded to supply authentic designer frames and sunglasses to our valued customers. Our mission is to provide quality eyewear at unbeatable prices. Through our very strong supplier relationships and low cost setup, we are able to provide our customers with the best pricing in the UK when it comes to designer eyewear.

Service Goal
Our goal is to satisfy our customers and we take our clients' comments very seriously, as it helps us to improve our service on a daily basis. It is our policy not to leave any client unsatisfied. We would be glad to personally help you in any way. Please feel free to contact us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com and We will help you personally to solve the issue to reach a positive outcome.

Contact Details

Customer Service Email: customerservice@smartbuyglasses.co.uk
Service Manager Email: servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com
Toll Free Phone: 0-808 101 3485
Business Fax: 0207-900-3025
Smart Buy Glasses - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Never Again”

Written on: 23/01/2015

Slow, asked if address could be changed, yes, got an email confirmation, tracking pages don't work on their website, tracking number they gave for courier was wrong, they never changed the address details. Contacts needed by my son today are sitting in a warehouse for the weekend 10 miles from the original address and 110 miles from where they are needed. Thankfully DHL seem to be more competent and will do their utmost to get the lenses to him on Monday unlike Smart Buy Glasses. … Read Full Review

“No returns policy!”

Written on: 20/01/2015 by DavonStephenson182 (1 review written)

I received a bad batch of contact lenses and emailed customer services about it. They asked for photos of the lenses, which I supplied. After a week of correspondence I think the purpose of their extended email conversation is to wait for me to get bored and give up. This I have now done. It is a shame because the manufacturer is unaware they have had a problem, Smart Buy Glasses have lost a customer and I have borne all the inconvenience… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2015

Hi,

We regret to see that you experienced discomfort with the contact lenses and apologize for and inconvenience caused.

Please contact our Service Manager who will resolve this issue.

Smartbuyglasses.

“Bad product - delivery was ok. ”

Written on: 11/01/2015 by MacieAlexander (1 review written)

The lenses float around on my eyes. Visibility very poor. Useless. … Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2015

Dear MacieAlexander,

We regret to hear that you are experiencing discomfort with your contact lenses.

Kindly contact our Service manager to resolve your problem.

Smartbuyglasses

“Sent wrong item three times ”

Written on: 09/01/2015

Due to a fault on the website they sent the wrong item three times. Then they atered the website so it appeared I was incorrect... It took about two months of emails and replacements to get the correct sunglasses… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2015

Dear Customer,

We regret to see that replacing your order with the right glasses took an usual long time.

Please contact our service manager for any concerns/questions you have.

Smartbuyglasses

“Lies lies lies”

Written on: 24/12/2014 by ArmaniAlexander (1 review written)

Now I'm sure that this review will be met by a standard response saying "brand popularity often leads to stock issues" blah blah blah but I need to draw your attention to the, so far, shocking service from this company! I ordered my Tom Ford prescription glasses 3 weeks ago. Last Friday I received an email saying that my frames had been passed to their "processing lab" for their "licensed opticians" to fit my lenses and should be with me within 5-7 days. Imagine my suprise when I received a… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/01/2015

Dear Customer,

I am so sorry to hear that there are some issues with your order and information you got is contradictory.

Could you please contact us, so we can investigate what went wrong and fix this for you immediately?

“Load of rubbish. ”

Written on: 23/12/2014 by Griffinoi405 (1 review written)

Bought some Ray Ban glasses a few weeks ago and they have already broken. Company not interested. Just said it was my fault. Don't touch with a barge pole. Appauling customer service, once they've got you money they are just not interested… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/12/2014

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you Ray-Ban glasses are broken. Please note that we offer 100 days return and 2 year warranty on quality issue and manufacturer defect.

Please get in touch with us, our service manager will follow up with you immediately.

SmartBuyGlasses

“Lied about delivery times”

Written on: 17/12/2014 by McCoyya410 (1 review written)

I ordered a pair of Ski-Goggles for a neice they were advertised as 5-11 days delivey. I had the order confirmed, but after 11 days with no dlivery i queried the item. I was told that the item would be delivered in another 10 days , over 3 weeks from delivery. The company did not appologise but just tried to squirm out of it. they tried to pretend that the 5-10 days delivery was after they recieve it from their supplier even though it clearly states 'from order' on the website The… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/12/2014

Dear Customer,

We regret to hear that you still have not received the item you ordered. I am sorry to hear that you order has some delays. From time to time some delays may happen due to the brand's popularity/exclusivity or limited production line. Our purchasing team are working hard to source your item from our suppliers.

We would like to help you resolve this issue as soon as we can. Please contact us and we will get back to you once we receive your email.

SmartBuyGlasses

“Buy today expect in a months time”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by WestonMcCain (1 review written)

Ordered sunglasses and have been told it will take up to 4 weeks to ship the order. When you make the purchase this should be made clear!! Instead of offering little compensation for the inconvenience on you current purchase 'smart' glasses offer a discount on any new orders, why would I order anything else from this site and wait a month for the item!! Very slow process in putting the order through, took a few days after purchase to be told it will take up to 4 weeks to ship. So a wait of up… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/11/2014

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you order has some delays. From time to time some delays may happen due to the brand's popularity/exclusivity or limited production line. Howev

If you haven't received any update from us, please get back to us, we will try our best to resolve your issue as soon as we can.

“Be prepared to wait ”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by Hackettib170 (1 review written)

If you want your prescription lenses quickly then don't use Smart Buy Glasses. I ordered Versace frames with prescription lens two months ago. After nearly three weeks I was eventually contacted and informed that the glasses were out of stock! Meanwhile my money was taken the same day I placed the order and it took them three weeks to check stock levels. Anyway they apologised and offered a 5% discount code so I decided to try again. I ordered tom ford glasses which said (fast shipping) at… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received your item yet. From time to time some delays may happen due to the brand's popularity/exclusivity or limited production line. In this case, once we receive notification that the glasses are delayed, we will immediately inform you and present several options.

“poor service”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by 269McLaughlin (1 review written)

ordered as gift, in stock on ordering but then told no longer available. Had to choose different colour which came from CHINA and arrived too late for the occasion!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are terribly sorry to see that your order was delivered late for the occasion. We are improving our website and process on daily basis to provide better service.

If you need any further assistance on your case, please feel free to contact us.

SBG

“Make sure you order 3 months before you want it”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by Keiran461 (1 review written)

Took for ever to come,bad communication,when they get your money they don't care anymore,very bad service.only order if you want a bad service… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you order has been delayed and apologize for any inconvenience may caused by this.

Please get in touch with us, our service manager will follow up your case immediately.

SBG

“DO NOT USE- FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Hewitt396 (1 review written)

Bought a pair of glasses in july. Was initially upset to find glasses cane from Hong Kong. Returned as too snall. Paid for recorded delivery. Parcel signed for on 11/8/14, still waiting for refund on 18/09/14- Keep emailing me lies!! Told me weeks ago money had been refunded, when I complained several times they said there was a problem with accounts, complained again, now they are saying refund processed, my bank know NOTHING about this. Absolute charlatans. I am a mother of a newborn baby who… Read Full Review

Glasses__'s Comment

Written on: 28/12/2014

Hello,

I have a similar situation and want to return the glasses and get a refund, therefore I was wondering if you have already received a refund from smarbuyglasses?

Regards

“No service”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Basilbasset (1 review written)

Despite promises to get back to me within 24 hours have still never got back to me at all… Read Full Review

“Avoid this shady bunch”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by HonestHammster (1 review written)

Really bad customer service.Firstly charged me delivery and cusotm duties which they never refudned as they promise on their website.Then emailed them and no feedback.Terrible bunch whom I will not use again."… Read Full Review

“damaged product and FAKE! Not genuine! ”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by amMunn1982 (1 review written)

Received the product after 2 weeks. When I opened the packaging it was damaged, what do you except when it's coming from China. Also I released the logo on the side of the frame the logo was pealing off. Genuine products don't do this. Cheap quality products. I recommend do not buy from this site!! And STOP harassing me with the emails!!… Read Full Review

“Don't bother!”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by bgThorpe290 (1 review written)

You asked me to review your services, so here we go... Still waiting to be refunded on two pairs of glasses. One pair broke and the replacements were delayed and were never received. A second replacement (for a pair that were too small - no fault on Smartbuy) never turned up. Still waiting for my refund from the advisor. In all, you never really know when you are going to get your product. They offer you a 5% discount when they are delayed and the email automated service is pretty pointless. I… Read Full Review

“Smart Buy Glasses - What warranty”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by BobFlanaganIII (1 review written)

Smart Buy Glasses sent me an email in the mistaken belief that I had received good service from them. I purchased an Oakley Crosslink frame from them to have my optician fit prescription lens ( I have a weird prescription). Within a week, I noticed that the frame had developed a crack and so contacted Smart Buy Glasses who I thought would exchange the frame as it was well within their supposed warranty. What then followed was a large amount of correspondence where they initially tried… Read Full Review

“won't use this company again”

Written on: 13/07/2014

Sunglasses I bought were shipped from Hong Kong along with a text demand to pay duty to the shipper. I complained and refused to pay this and asked for a refund assuming that I would not receive anything without paying the duty. I was asked effectively to play along... I did not accept this but the package arrived anyway with documentation declaring the value for customs at 20dollars. Whichever way you look at it either the glasses are fake and only worth that, or they are trying to evade… Read Full Review

“4 weeks delivery!!!!”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by 475Reed (1 review written)

I demanded my money Bach after 4 weeks. and no sunglasses. After reading other comments on here , not even sure they are geniune sunglasses… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Dear Customer,

When we cannot immediately receive a confirmation on your item from on of our suppliers, we indeed inform our customers that it can take up to 4 weeks. Note that hardly ever it takes actually that long. If you wish to change or cancel your order, note a problem! Simply request a cancellation to our Customer Service department and we will arrange a refund for you.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding the authenticity of all our products. Be advised that SmartBuyGlasses guarantees all products are 100% Authentic. SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world.

If in the end you turn out not to be satisfied with your glasses, you can simply return them for an exchange or refund.

On a side-note, if we were really selling fakes, it would not have to take several weeks to ship your product.

Best regards,

SmartBuyGlasses.

“China based e-retailer”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Lillyp484 (1 review written)

I was disappointed to discover from the shipping note, that my spectacles were sent from China, via Hong Kong and instantly raised concerns over product authenticity. Clearly, this business is not operating honestly in at least one way I have discovered so far. It is marking customer items as 'gifts' on the customs form to avoid paying the proper export/import taxes. They record the item value as nil or in my case £21 on a £240 pair of glasses. I will certainly be avoiding this company in… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Dear Customer,

Depending on where we have your item in stock, indeed your item will be shipped from either Hong Kong or Italy.

I am surprised to hear about the recorded value being much lower than the purchase amount. This must be a mistake and rest assured that I will look into this. Our apologies if this gave you any uncomfortable feeling regarding doing business with us.

About authenticity you absolutely have nothing to worry about. SmartBuyGlasses guarantees all products are 100% Authentic.

SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world. If you are not satisfied with the glasses for whatever reasons, you can simply return them for an exchange or refund. You can request this at Customer Services.