Smart Buy Glasses Reviews - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk

Summary

Summary
SmartBuyGlasses was founded to supply authentic designer frames and sunglasses to our valued customers. Our mission is to provide quality eyewear at unbeatable prices. Through our very strong supplier relationships and low cost setup, we are able to provide our customers with the best pricing in the UK when it comes to designer eyewear.

Service Goal
Our goal is to satisfy our customers and we take our clients' comments very seriously, as it helps us to improve our service on a daily basis. It is our policy not to leave any client unsatisfied. We would be glad to personally help you in any way. Please feel free to contact us at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com and We will help you personally to solve the issue to reach a positive outcome.

Contact Details

Customer Service Email: customerservice@smartbuyglasses.co.uk
Service Manager Email: servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.com
Toll Free Phone: 0-808 101 3485
Business Fax: 0207-900-3025
Smart Buy Glasses - www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Buy today expect in a months time”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by WestonMcCain (1 review written)

Ordered sunglasses and have been told it will take up to 4 weeks to ship the order. When you make the purchase this should be made clear!! Instead of offering little compensation for the inconvenience on you current purchase 'smart' glasses offer a discount on any new orders, why would I order anything else from this site and wait a month for the item!! Very slow process in putting the order through, took a few days after purchase to be told it will take up to 4 weeks to ship. So a wait of up… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/11/2014

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you order has some delays. From time to time some delays may happen due to the brand's popularity/exclusivity or limited production line. Howev

If you haven't received any update from us, please get back to us, we will try our best to resolve your issue as soon as we can.

“Be prepared to wait ”

Written on: 23/10/2014 by Hackettib170 (1 review written)

If you want your prescription lenses quickly then don't use Smart Buy Glasses. I ordered Versace frames with prescription lens two months ago. After nearly three weeks I was eventually contacted and informed that the glasses were out of stock! Meanwhile my money was taken the same day I placed the order and it took them three weeks to check stock levels. Anyway they apologised and offered a 5% discount code so I decided to try again. I ordered tom ford glasses which said (fast shipping) at… Read Full Review

Smartbuyglasses's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2014

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received your item yet. From time to time some delays may happen due to the brand's popularity/exclusivity or limited production line. In this case, once we receive notification that the glasses are delayed, we will immediately inform you and present several options.

“poor service”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by 269McLaughlin (1 review written)

ordered as gift, in stock on ordering but then told no longer available. Had to choose different colour which came from CHINA and arrived too late for the occasion!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are terribly sorry to see that your order was delivered late for the occasion. We are improving our website and process on daily basis to provide better service.

If you need any further assistance on your case, please feel free to contact us.

SBG

“Make sure you order 3 months before you want it”

Written on: 19/09/2014 by Keiran461 (1 review written)

Took for ever to come,bad communication,when they get your money they don't care anymore,very bad service.only order if you want a bad service… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you order has been delayed and apologize for any inconvenience may caused by this.

Please get in touch with us, our service manager will follow up your case immediately.

SBG

“DO NOT USE- FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Hewitt396 (1 review written)

Bought a pair of glasses in july. Was initially upset to find glasses cane from Hong Kong. Returned as too snall. Paid for recorded delivery. Parcel signed for on 11/8/14, still waiting for refund on 18/09/14- Keep emailing me lies!! Told me weeks ago money had been refunded, when I complained several times they said there was a problem with accounts, complained again, now they are saying refund processed, my bank know NOTHING about this. Absolute charlatans. I am a mother of a newborn baby who… Read Full Review

“No service”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Basilbasset (1 review written)

Despite promises to get back to me within 24 hours have still never got back to me at all… Read Full Review

“Avoid this shady bunch”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by HonestHammster (1 review written)

Really bad customer service.Firstly charged me delivery and cusotm duties which they never refudned as they promise on their website.Then emailed them and no feedback.Terrible bunch whom I will not use again."… Read Full Review

“damaged product and FAKE! Not genuine! ”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by amMunn1982 (1 review written)

Received the product after 2 weeks. When I opened the packaging it was damaged, what do you except when it's coming from China. Also I released the logo on the side of the frame the logo was pealing off. Genuine products don't do this. Cheap quality products. I recommend do not buy from this site!! And STOP harassing me with the emails!!… Read Full Review

“Don't bother!”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by bgThorpe290 (1 review written)

You asked me to review your services, so here we go... Still waiting to be refunded on two pairs of glasses. One pair broke and the replacements were delayed and were never received. A second replacement (for a pair that were too small - no fault on Smartbuy) never turned up. Still waiting for my refund from the advisor. In all, you never really know when you are going to get your product. They offer you a 5% discount when they are delayed and the email automated service is pretty pointless. I… Read Full Review

“Smart Buy Glasses - What warranty”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by BobFlanaganIII (1 review written)

Smart Buy Glasses sent me an email in the mistaken belief that I had received good service from them. I purchased an Oakley Crosslink frame from them to have my optician fit prescription lens ( I have a weird prescription). Within a week, I noticed that the frame had developed a crack and so contacted Smart Buy Glasses who I thought would exchange the frame as it was well within their supposed warranty. What then followed was a large amount of correspondence where they initially tried… Read Full Review

“won't use this company again”

Written on: 13/07/2014

Sunglasses I bought were shipped from Hong Kong along with a text demand to pay duty to the shipper. I complained and refused to pay this and asked for a refund assuming that I would not receive anything without paying the duty. I was asked effectively to play along... I did not accept this but the package arrived anyway with documentation declaring the value for customs at 20dollars. Whichever way you look at it either the glasses are fake and only worth that, or they are trying to evade… Read Full Review

“4 weeks delivery!!!!”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by 475Reed (1 review written)

I demanded my money Bach after 4 weeks. and no sunglasses. After reading other comments on here , not even sure they are geniune sunglasses… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

When we cannot immediately receive a confirmation on your item from on of our suppliers, we indeed inform our customers that it can take up to 4 weeks. Note that hardly ever it takes actually that long. If you wish to change or cancel your order, note a problem! Simply request a cancellation to our Customer Service department and we will arrange a refund for you.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding the authenticity of all our products. Be advised that SmartBuyGlasses guarantees all products are 100% Authentic. SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world.

If in the end you turn out not to be satisfied with your glasses, you can simply return them for an exchange or refund.

On a side-note, if we were really selling fakes, it would not have to take several weeks to ship your product.

Best regards,

SmartBuyGlasses.

“China based e-retailer”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Lillyp484 (1 review written)

I was disappointed to discover from the shipping note, that my spectacles were sent from China, via Hong Kong and instantly raised concerns over product authenticity. Clearly, this business is not operating honestly in at least one way I have discovered so far. It is marking customer items as 'gifts' on the customs form to avoid paying the proper export/import taxes. They record the item value as nil or in my case £21 on a £240 pair of glasses. I will certainly be avoiding this company in… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

Depending on where we have your item in stock, indeed your item will be shipped from either Hong Kong or Italy.

I am surprised to hear about the recorded value being much lower than the purchase amount. This must be a mistake and rest assured that I will look into this. Our apologies if this gave you any uncomfortable feeling regarding doing business with us.

About authenticity you absolutely have nothing to worry about. SmartBuyGlasses guarantees all products are 100% Authentic.

SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world. If you are not satisfied with the glasses for whatever reasons, you can simply return them for an exchange or refund. You can request this at Customer Services.

SmartBuyGlasses

“Beware of fake promises”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Hendersoncu23 (1 review written)

I had been performing a lot of research before buying my new pair of Ray-Ban. The main parameter for me was that I wanted to buy sunglasses that had been made either in the USA or in Italy, but NOT in China. When I asked Smart Buy Glasses to confirm in writing where their sunglasses came from, the reassuring answer was "from Italy" and that "they would have been delivered on the next day". Guess what... the Ray-Bans arrived after 5 days and to my great disappointment they were made in China!… Read Full Review

Dear Customer,

I regret to hear that we informed you incorrectly, for which we apologize.

I understand from your email that other companies informed you about the production location of this particular frame. Note that based on production method and frame material, a production location is selected. This means that all items of this brand will have the 'Made in China' print.

I do understand your disappointment as we did not inform you correctly. I hope you believe me when saying that this in no way was done on purpose. We already received a discount to compensate you for the inconvenience. However, if you simply wish to return the frames for an exchange or full refund, not a problem! We will even cover the return shipping fee. If you wish to make use of this, simply contact Customer Services and we will help you in the best possible way.

“Dreadful quality”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by ZoamJo (1 review written)

My order took 6 weeks to arrive. The RayBans were clearly fake, flimsy and skew-wiff. Went straight into the bin. Very disappointing indeed… Read Full Review

Service Manager Sbg's Response to ZoamJo's Review

Dear,

I regret to hear it took 6 weeks for your order to arrive. When there is a delay, we always ask our customers if they are willing to wait. If so, we will continue our efforts to fulfill the order as soon as possible. If at any time a customer wishes to cancel, we will immediately refund their money.

Please be advised that SmartBuyGlasses guarantees all products are 100% Authentic. SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the World’s leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in Europe, USA and Asia. We have been in business since 2006 and since then have serviced over 100 countries with one of the largest ranges of designer eyewear in the world.

If you are unhappy about the quality of the original Ray-Ban sunglasses you received, you can return them for an exchange or a full refund. Note that we have 100 day return policy. If you wish to make use of this, simply contact our Customer Service department and we will help you to arrange this.

SmasrtBuyGlasses

“Chinese Outfit, No Stock”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by Dashawnv329 (1 review written)

AVOID. Item not in stock although no way of knowing this from website prior to ordering. No indication that this business is China-based either; .co.uk site is misleading although probably not unusual. Got mucked about with promises of an impending delivery to be followed up with news of further delays. Utter waste of time… Read Full Review

Dear,

Note that all items on our website with the 'Fast Shipping' logo are in stock and will be shipped within 24 hours of receiving your order. For all other items, the processing time is 5-11 working days until shipment as stated on our website.

If you placed an order for a non-stock item, we will update you on a regular basis by email about the whereabouts of your item.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

SmartBuyGlasses

“THESE ARE IMPORTED FROM CHINA!!!”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by markbham (2 reviews written)

This may be me being sceptical, but if a company uses a ".co.uk" domain then it should be based in the UK right??? This company isn't!!! My order was dispatched from Hong Kong. Nowhere (and you can check for yourself) does it state that their products are imported. The website is designed to make YOU believe (like I did) that you are dealing with a UK based company. If this is not fraud......then it is certainly deceitful. I also received my order with a note inside to UK customs stating… Read Full Review

Service Manager Sbg's Response to markbham's Review

Dear,

Depending on where your item is sourced fastest, or stock available, we ship to our European customers from either Italy, Hong Kong, or Germany. All our products are 100% authentic which easily can be confirmed by your local optician in case of any doubt.

The parcel stated value is to prevent any delay in the international delivery process to serve you, our well-respected customer.

I regret to hear your order ended up with a return for a refund, and hope we can welcome you again in the near future. Again, all items we offer are 100% authentic which are supplied by authorized distributors in our global supply chain.

SmartBuyGlasses

“Would never recommend this. ”

Written on: 16/05/2014

I ordered from smart buy glasses because a particular BURBERRY frame i was looking for was available on their website. Their domain was smartbuyglasses.co.in which made me believe that this is an indian website or an undian registeredbusiness however, soon after placing my order i realised that the glasses could be shipped from all over the world and after the order is placed they just source theglass from whereever it is available ehich is really time consuming and pathetic since it is not… Read Full Review

Dear,

To serve our customer, we indeed ship from there where sourced fastest, which can be from Australia, Hong Kong, Italy, US, or Germany. As mentioned on the website, in case of any customs issues, please note that we will cover any fees. Simply send an email to our Customer Service with a photo of the invoice and we will reimburse these costs. Apologies for the caused inconvenience regarding customs and the delay in getting back to you.

Note that on our UK domain, you can request one of our Customer Service agents to call you back. Currently we do not offer this on our Indian domain but will offer this in the near future.

We hope that all your issues are resolved by now. If you have any further questions and or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Manager.

Vision Direct

“Unscrupulous sales tactics”

Written on: 31/12/2013

This company tries to switch sell you by enticing you to order a certain frame at a really amazing price and then 2 days later sends you an email claiming the frames you chose have been discontinued/are out of stock. They then offer you a discount off their 'despatch within 48 hour range', which is a very small range in comparison. However, they do not deliver within 48 hours and need chasing by email (as you cannot telephone them) every step of the way. When you demand an immediate refund they… Read Full Review

“Bad experience ”

Written on: 17/12/2013 by Salo0o07 (1 review written)

As I contacted u before , I face a terrible experience when I didn't recive my itme on time cuz it has been delivered to a wrong place , so I had to search for this place and went to pick it up… Read Full Review