Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering Reviews

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering - Ask a question now

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering

“Oh there is people who have actually read the peace :D...”

Written on: 28/07/2010

Oh there is people who have actually read the peace :D Thank you for the comments everyone. I thought I only gave it to family and sold to few people.

... I will kick the proofreader around a little bit.

And I will consider all the comments while trying to write the next book. (and pay for pro-proofer).

As said this is my first book and I hope that the next one will be more consistent and better language wise… Read Full Review

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering

“It's not that I am of two minds about this book - I am...”

Written on: 22/07/2010

It's not that I am of two minds about this book - I am of as many minds as Jansson has pieces (and for those who have not read it yet - it means "a lot").

The story is good, not perfectly original but quite fine and well told. But the book is written in a seriously broken English, at times bad enough to spoil the story.

Also, already in the very first chapters, the believability of the story is challenged by some supernatural-like traveling (13 hours from Glasgow to Fort William, up to the… Read Full Review

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering

“Previous "Quest has a point there but I think he/she...”

Written on: 12/07/2010

Previous "Quest has a point there but I think he/she "flips" totally. lol
I wonder if quest has read the book?
For me (not native english speaker as I was born in Sweden) the language was quite ok and understandable and for me the plot was interesting although in some places i would have liked to have more descriptive narration. I think it is the first book from him so hopefully he has steep learning curve.

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering

“The book is a travesty, a joke. Simply apalling and...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

The book is a travesty, a joke. Simply apalling and the author's command of the English language is extremely poor. I suspect he's the one writing reviews of his own book out there as the reviews always have the same misspellings and grammar mistakes he makes.

I still have nightmares about this book to this day… Read Full Review

Yrjo Sakari Pennala, WSS - Gathering

“Exiting new writer, Yrjo Sakari Pennala brings amazing...”

Written on: 11/11/2008 by JansEd (1 review written)

Exiting new writer, Yrjo Sakari Pennala brings amazing adventure for us to enjoy. It combines skilfully Adventure and Sci-Fi genres. The Gathering is not too technical and suits all readers from techno freak to Potter fan. Once started it can't be stopped. Just when you think you could take a break something happens and you are mesmerized back to reading the book... when we can have some more, Please… Read Full Review