Honda EM7000IS Reviews

Honda EM7000IS - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda EM7000IS

Honda EM7000IS

“Honda 6500is/7000is”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by Jerrt1940 (1 review written)

I have a 6500is which powers my entire house though a manuel disconect box. It is a flawless unit. I replaced a 16000 generac automatic generator with the Honda. With the generac (when it ran) I had no control as to when it would start. Most times when the power went out, it would be late at night and I would have to listen to the noise untill morning. With the Honda, I dont start it untill I want it and then it so quite that it doesent bother any body. I an getting ready to purchase a… Read Full Review

“Em7000is Honda Inverter Generator”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by JWATNH (1 review written)

Best generator I have owned. Has electric start, runs about 10-12 Hrs with eco mode switch on and runs the entire house. I keep the battery on trickle charge and change the oil once a year. I have no issues with this quality product. I also run the generator once month for about 20 minutes. I also add the correct amount of Sta-Bil to my 6 gallon containers when they are filled at the gas station. The EM7000is was a bit high on the purchase price, but in my opinion well worth the cost for a… Read Full Review

“Furnace”

Written on: 22/01/2012

I love this generator except when I turn on the furnace and it shuts down. My furnace takes 15 amps and should not do this but even after shutting down everything it still won't work. Any suggestions?… Read Full Review

Jimnollet's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2015

I bet you either have it running in economy mode and the draw on your furnace is so great it overloads it, I have seen that with mine if starting a large pump. Did you try having it in normal mode, just to see if the furnace will kick on, this generator has plenty of power for any furnace, do you have running thru a transfer switch? if so I bet you have a unbalance load, if your transfer switch has a meter or a gage, take a look. That's the only time mine did that, I corrected the load and had ran perfect for the last 8 years

“The Honda EM7000IS is rock solid. Easy to start....”

Written on: 07/03/2009 by JJKubinec (1 review written)

The Honda EM7000IS is rock solid. Easy to start. Perfect features for my residential temporary backup power needs. Very little maintenance required, and the maintenance that is required is simple and well-described by the manual that comes with the unit. Have had this unit for two or three years now. Have only used it for test purposes until the last snowstorm that we got (Feb 2009) that killed power for a couple of days.

I wish that the unit had some way to remote the "i-sensor" output so… Read Full Review

“I have this run Honda EM7000IS thru a transfer switch,...”

Written on: 10/11/2008 by jonacord (1 review written)

I have this run Honda EM7000IS thru a transfer switch, Runs computers, servers, plasma and LCD TVs, furnace, lights and separate master bedroom AC, sump pump, 240 well pump, and other pumps. This generator is very quite, I have bought an off brand before this and it worked 2 times at another location for basic stuff, when I moved, II could not get the off brand one to work, so I bought the Honda. I think they renamed this the 6500, this one does have the inverter technology… Read Full Review

Jonacord's Response to jonacord's Review

Written on: 16/03/2014

I am upgrading this review, its now 6 years later in 2014, I have since converted my beloved Honda generator to a tri-fuel thru generatorsales, and hooked to my natural gas, still starts oh so easy, still purrs, still 100% dependable. Honestly the one thing I can depend on is this generator, very little maintenance on this gem. I have gone once a year without starting it, had a year old gas in it, and it took 3 pulls, I really do think this will be the last generator I will ever buy