Garmin nuvi 255(T) Reviews

Garmin nuvi 255(T) - Ask a question now

Garmin nuvi 255(T)

“Very very VERY poor”

Written on: 23/02/2012

I bought this primarily to get me around Madrid, which is a nightmare of motorways. Took me straight through the city centre at rush hour. Thanks Garmin! 4 trips to Spain and 2 trips in UK later and it no longer picks up a satellite signal. Worse than useless!! I have bought the Garmin 'Lifetime Map Updater' but don't have a sat nav to put them on. Am I going to trust sending this away to some random 'we fix your sat nav' website? I don't think so. Garmin have been no use at all, so, like a lot… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 255(T)

“Don't buy the Garmin Nuvi 255T ”

Written on: 31/12/2009

Don't buy the Garmin Nuvi 255T

The technology for this unit is OK - but don't expect any help from Garmin if anything goes wrong! The box is clearly marked having maps for the whole of Europe, but the Traffic Information system is locked to one specific country. There is nothing on the box to indicate this. Mine came with a subscription to French traffic information - which is useless to me as I live in the UK.

I exchanged a series of e-mails with Garmin and they kept saying "We want to help… Read Full Review

Monikatess's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because I was going to buy one of these (this model was on top of my list), but I hate being screwed around by companies who won't support their products. Not going for Garmin, thank you.