Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE - Ask a question now

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE

“After using an Alpine Blackbird (a whole new dimension...”

Written on: 24/01/2010 by SparksFly (1 review written)

After using an Alpine Blackbird (a whole new dimension of terrible), the TomTom Go 540 Live was fantastic. HOWEVER, it has let me down so badly in many ways:
it keeps 'spontaneously rebooting' (turning off and rebooting by itself up to 10 times in 10 minutes).
failing to pick up a satellite signal in open countryside for up to 20 minutes.
receiving too few satellites to place me on the right road - once it thinks you are on a different road - all hell breaks loose as far as directions are… Read Full Review

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE

“I concur with other reviews for the TT. ”

Written on: 17/01/2010 by Martin Waite (5 reviews written)

I concur with other reviews for the TT.

I have owned the TT 540 Live with traffic updates for 1 year. I travel around 40,000 MPY. I totally rely on the TT for sat nav and bluetooth for voice calls.

My biggest regret with the TT is TT support. I too keep having crashes for no apparent reason. Sometimes with bluetooth to phone connection and sometimes without.

I have spent ages trying to get TT support to address the issues here without any success.

Its just a dam shame that no other device… Read Full Review

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE

“A good Satnav overall, would have given 4 stars if it...”

Written on: 22/12/2009 by jahaangle (18 reviews written)

A good Satnav overall, would have given 4 stars if it wasn't for the incessant crashing of the unit. Bluetooth hands free is a lottery at best with the unit disconnecting at will and requiring a restart and repairing to get it working again. Have found that the clear-flash tool by Tomtom seems to solve these issues but that is besides the point.

Otherwise the traffic updates while expensive are getting better as 2009 wears on although it is not entirely accurate here in Scotland… Read Full Review

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE

“I purchased the 540 when it first came out, i travel...”

Written on: 05/11/2009 by darron69 (1 review written)

I purchased the 540 when it first came out, i travel alot on the roads and did not want to be sitting in traffic. The map accuracy is good, but find £6.95 per quarter is expensive to keep updating.
Live services are good, but i find the live traffic is not accurate enough, especially if you travel on the M25.
Bluetooth for you phone i found very poor as callers could not hear you clearly,and the speaker could do with being louder.
My overall review on this product is that it is very good as a… Read Full Review

Tom Tom GO 540 LIVE

“I've only owned one sat nav before this, a TomTom ONE,...”

Written on: 06/11/2008

I've only owned one sat nav before this, a TomTom ONE, which I returned as the traffic system was useless, the Tom Tom GO 540, though, is on a different level. The traffic works great, but is a little conservative in its estimates of how long the jams are - 2 minutes is often 5 - but at least it tries to get you round the jam if it's faster (Datchet railway crossing!)
Don't buy the unit if Bluetooth is essential or at least check the Tomtom site first. It doesn't work with my Blackberry, whereas… Read Full Review

Hywel's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2008

Apologies to Tom Tom. I wrote the above review and my comments about poor hands free were incorrect, the 540 was not at fault, I was. My Blackberry was not set to 'discoverable' and the hands free now works fine. After a month of use it has been excellent; especially the awsome traffic system - I still heartily recommend the 540 Live.

Templechat's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because it was precise on the advantages and disadvantages particularly the comments on the petrol stations