Sony DVP-S735D Reviews

• Sound Quality

Sony DVP-S735D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony DVP-S735D

Sony DVP-S735D

“Superb Quality and very easy to use”

Written on: 09/10/2012

I have had several DVD players ranging from the cheap and nasty, to expensive high end hifi. This sony dvd player is really good. It has many options that enables you to play various kinds of discs but, but more importantly is the quality of the picture. It really is great! The finish of the brushed metal looks really smart and makes the unit look more expensive than it actually costs. Great performing item and would recommend… Read Full Review

Sony DVP-S735D

“I've had my Sony DVP-S735D for many years and am only...”

Written on: 05/05/2009

I've had my Sony DVP-S735D for many years and am only getting rid of it because I've up-graded to a DVD recorder with upscaling. I've never had a HINT of a problem from it. Plays multi-region discs without any issues.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend it now is because it has been superceded in technology… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Sony DVP-S735D

“I am unable to fix this system as my warranty has ran...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by wazzel (1 review written)

I am unable to fix this system as my warranty has ran out, it will cost me the price of buying a new one to fix it. I can beleive Sony put out such a bad system,
Warning to anyone planing to buy this product - Don't, do your home work first… Read Full Review

Sony DVP-S735D

“I bought this Sony DVP-S735D machine in it's heyday...”

Written on: 28/12/2003 by culfy (8 reviews written)

I bought this Sony DVP-S735D machine in it's heyday (actually the 745D but it's the same thing from Singapore). It performed flawlessly for a good couple of years. It's DVD picture and audio looks and sounds fantastic, the actual unit looks great (hasn't dated after 3 years +) and the remote is excellent.
It's overall been a fantastic unit let down by the optical pickup (so the repairer said).
In the last 12 months I've had this replaced twice and it's failed again ($300 Australian a pop). It's… Read Full Review

Haans29's Response to culfy's Review

Written on: 14/07/2004

I've had the same problems - C:13:00 fault not reading disks halfway though. Very embarassing when watching movies with other people.
<br>Spent NZ$300 getting it fixed, but the fault returned after a month or so. DO NOT BUY SONY DVD!!!

Culfy's Response to culfy's Review

Written on: 09/08/2004

And, having compared it to my Rotel RCD965BX playing exactly the same CD it colours the sound as only a cheap CD player can. Still, it's not a CD player is it?

Culfy's Response to culfy's Review

Written on: 16/07/2004

So it wasn't just me then!