Amtrak Reviews

• Reliability

• Cleanliness

Amtrak - Ask a question now

“This was the first time that I took the Amtak train so...”

Written on: 27/01/2010

This was the first time that I took the Amtak train so I was looking forward to it. I was cutting it short on time, I was flustered and I couldn't find my credit/ATM card. I asked if I could give them the number with my pin and security number. They said no which didn't help. Then I took their bus to Stockton, CA and there is no actual train station just a parking lot, without a phone or bathroom! A lady that lives there also told me that area was the bad side of town, great. The train seemed… Read Full Review

“Well, I am a big fan of Amtrak, but their are still...”

Written on: 18/01/2009 by Amtrak Fan Joe (1 review written)

Well, I am a big fan of Amtrak, but their are still some problems. First off, Amtrak is at the mercy of other trains. Since Amtrak never got the money to build their own line, they run on CSX, NS, UP, BNSF, CN, and commuter train lines. Because of this, the freight trains have first priority. However, certain trains have an on-time record. Where I live I get on the California Zephyr and boy train 6 is late 100% of the time. I have ridden trains 5 and 6 about 20 times. Out of those 20 times… Read Full Review