National Express, East Coast Reviews

Media Gallery for National Express, East Coast

National Express, East Coast

“Fantastic customer service”

Written on: 21/07/2012

Having been delayed 30 minutes due to cancelled South West trains (and therefore getting to watch my train to Edinburgh rolling out of the station), the very understanding East Coast staff changed my ticket, saving me what I thought was ~150quid on a new peak time train. People generally often do the bare minimum at work, where as the woman serving me obviously went out of the way to improve my morning substantially… Read Full Review

“expensive, rude staff and food isn't nice”

Written on: 25/05/2012 by lh1979 (1 review written)

I routinely travel between London and Edinburgh although much prefer flying as even East Coast trains First Class are expensive and the staff are rude. One example is a Lady called Christine Exley handed out some sparkling water which sprayed everywhere when opened and had obviously been severely been shook on her trolley. She gave a smile and left them to mop their table without offering a napkin. Flying next time as flights crews appear to care … Read Full Review

“bad call centre staff and ticket office at kings cross”

Written on: 13/04/2012 by riverboy59 (6 reviews written)

after spending £500 on a group booking I needed to ammend 1 ticket, to leave later that day. On contacting the call centre, I was told this ticket is not refundable. after explaing the circumstances, I was told after speaking to a manager that I could go to the kings cross ticket office where they would do it for me. After queuing 20 minutes to be served, I was served by a rude member of staff, telling me that theres no way, they shouldnt of told me that on the phone, and finally saying… Read Full Review

“Excellent!! This was a first time journey using 'EAST...”

Written on: 21/04/2011

Excellent!! This was a first time journey using 'EAST COAST' trains 1st class carriage for my husband and I, these people know how to look after their passengers.......although the chap serving us on our outward journey to King's Cross London could have been a bit more cheerful....a smile would not have gone a miss!! Love the tea/coffee served at your table in abundance, snacks...all complimentary, journey incredibly comfortable, arrival in London from Doncaster was super fast.........just… Read Full Review

Bushbybabe's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2011

Must have been a one off because usually the crew are hard to find! On first class service's the food is not available only sandwiches and if you are lucky you get one drink. The menus state more choices but try asking for one, the answer usually is not available, indeed today not even a packet of crisp were available. However, notice when the crew eats, they have full meals cooked for them.
If there was a choice I would not travel with this company, they boast about at seat service, its a joke!

“Unfortunately, you don't have much choice when...”

Written on: 28/02/2011

Unfortunately, you don't have much choice when travelling from London to York. I do this journey once a week. East Coast is a terrible company! The coaches are dirty, shaking all the way long, and they are usually either freezing cold or super hot. No one respects silent sign in the quiet coach, and the controller, when he shows up (I have done many journey without seeing one) doesn't say anything.

From my experience, their trains are at least 40% of the time late, from a couple of minutes to… Read Full Review

Bushbybabe's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2011

Could not agree more! Usually the crew are hard to find! On first class service's the food is not available only sandwiches and if you are lucky you get one drink. The menus state more choices but try asking for one, the answer usually is not available, indeed today not even a packet of crisp were available. However, notice when the crew eats, they have full meals cooked for them.

“I have used East Coast Trains for a lot of my train...”

Written on: 07/08/2010

I have used East Coast Trains for a lot of my train journeys, and they are usually good. They do not charge a fee when buying, so that is the reason why I chose this website instead of others like thetrainline.com.

Recently, I bought some tickets to go to Liverpool and had it delivered to my home address, I ordered it 2 weeks in advance and then I went on holiday, the tickets did not arrive and I ended up having to pay triple the amount. In order to get a refund, you have to pay £10… Read Full Review