Plaza Tandoori Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Plaza Tandoori - Ask a question now

“Excellent value for money and service.”

Written on: 10/02/2013

The Plaza now does a buffet on a thursday, friday and sunday night so we thought we'd give it a try. There is not a huge amount of choice but we found plenty to satisfy us. There was a ton of meat in the lamb, chicken and beef dishes and lots of prawns in the dupiaza..and all beautifully tender. The service was extremely good and the staff friendly and attentive. The starters were very tasty and you have to be careful not to fill up on them too much or you'll dip out on the main dishes. It… Read Full Review

“Poor quality food”

Written on: 13/01/2013

Had misfortune to have a takeawy on Jan 6th 2013; Vegetarian special; very small portions; main course consitsted of frozen watery diced carrot, peas ans sweetcorn with a little heat in the sauce, side dish watery dhall, just not good enough. We have tasted food from most of the Indian reastaurants/takeawys in the area and enjoyed them all. This is not a good example of Indian food… Read Full Review

“1st and ONLY time at the Plaza Tandoori Tynemouth!”

Written on: 25/11/2011 by SallyJew (1 review written)

Six of us had been out on a sunday afternoon the end of oct this year, two of our party eat regularly at the plaza, it was our 1st time. They do an interesting sunday night special, which we all chose from. We ordered mild and medium spiced curries, as none of us like hot! I had a mossalla, my husband, a medium one. At once i knew my food was wrong, far too spicey! My husbands face turned quite red, his curry also was far too hot! The waiter seemed oblivious! The only person to realise there… Read Full Review

“I eat regularly at the Plaza Tandoori and cannot rate...”

Written on: 31/03/2010

I eat regularly at the Plaza Tandoori and cannot rate it highly enough....

The restaurant is very luxuriously decorated, with deep pile carpets and marble bar, subtle lighting and intimate booth type seating...

The staff are attentive and friendly, the manager an extremely friendly character.

As for the food, the menu is amazing with fish a speciality and all sourced locally. I often have Shamundori Rotan for starters - beautiful plump tender scallops in delicious, but light spices with… Read Full Review

“Curiosity aroused by pleasant aroma from Plaza...”

Written on: 20/10/2008 by 031260 (1 review written)

Curiosity aroused by pleasant aroma from Plaza Tandoori wafting over Tynemouth Longsands while dog-walking.
I decided to fully embrace the arrival of the weekend and booked a table at the above for me, my husband and a couple of good friends.
While perusing the wine list and menu I cheekily enquired whether we would be receiving any complimentary poppadoms and chutneys-I was politely informed we could buy some. Ah well, credit crunch and all that I thought.
The next setback was, even though we… Read Full Review

N33's Response to 411202_031260's Review

Written on: 18/05/2010

I cannot agree more on the chicken tikka masala. Simple inedible. Avoid it altogether or if you intend to order this dish, I strongly suggest you do the check below.
<br/>
<br/>One spoon of this orange thick sauce is enough to make you feel that sickly richness. Akin to pure cod liver oil, not in capsule, but the liquid in bottle that you take in spoonful. But if you never taste this pure cod liver oil, a bottle is quite expensive for an experiment.
<br/>
<br/>Do yourself a favour before ordering this. For a quick, easy and affordable check, take a spoonful of full-fat mayonnaise. If you manage to swallow it all, maybe you would be able to eat the chicken tikka masala.
<br/>
<br/>If you want to be absolutely sure, take another spoonful. Do you find it irresistable to spoon another mouthful? If you do, I think you would like the dish. Finishing a plate of this dish is akin to eating up a jar of mayonnaise in one go.
<br/>
<br/>Certainly people do this with a tub of ice cream, I also heard spooning of a jar of nuttela, peanut butter, jams and all sort of chocolate/nut/sugary spread. Even pickles. But a jar of mayonnaise is unheard of. It is this level of inedibility.
<br/>
<br/>Overall, I found the taste of the food is the worst thing about this restaurant. The food quantity is good though. And the best thing is the red table cloth, beautiful, thick and smooth, so nice to the touch, as well as the napkin, perfectly white and properly stiff like in a formal dining.
<br/>
<br/>Don't come here for the food. I feel like I pay more for those fantastic laundry.