Seagate ST3750840AS Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Seagate ST3750840AS - Ask a question now

Seagate ST3750840AS

“My drive twice failed to format when new, after that...”

Written on: 22/05/2009 by smiffycom (1 review written)

My drive twice failed to format when new, after that it was fine... it was used to back up 2 of my pc's.. it was used to play music from for about a month, then one day it "lost" 1/3 of the data, a restart "lost" another 1/3... I tried to copy some of the lost data back and despite the drive not listing the items, it (the OS) said this file already exists... Hmmm

Now it isnt recognised by the system at all, and hangs the machine if it is attached.

Seagate refuse to honour the warranty as it… Read Full Review

Seagate ST3750840AS

“I wanted to talk about their warranty procedure. You...”

Written on: 18/10/2008 by P2008 (2 reviews written)

I wanted to talk about their warranty procedure. You type in the serial to the website & they tell you their address with a unique number to put on there too. That's fine, apart from the fact that you have to pay postage which is around £3. But after about 3 weeks they said it was on it's way back to me refurbished. After 11 more days I asked them where it was. They said it's tracked by DHL. So I looked at the tracking & it said 'Delivered to Walker' which isn't any of my names! Still waiting… Read Full Review

P2008's Response to P2008's Review

Written on: 25/10/2008

Just to add that it finally turned up after 3 weeks & that out of about 50 hard drives I bought (all 750Gb) 2 were faulty. The 2nd one I sent off came back pretty quickly within a few weeks.