NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com Reviews

• Quality

NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com - Ask a question now

NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com

“Associated with Trojan. Stay away”

Written on: 22/04/2012

I had a trojan (wpbt0.dll) which saw it fit to add links to the entire NCH Software suite to my start-menu and take over control of my computer. I'd suggest that you stay away from this stuff… Read Full Review

Imjohnstone's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I found this promotional feature to be useful, initially, as I was unaware of NCH's other products, but after a while I found this feature to be intrusive, so I deleted it. Users should have the option of selecting or refusing promotional features upon installation. There again, if one buys inexpensive software, as NCH products are, then unwanted features can be the true price that one pays. I wouldn't describe the promotional feature as a "trojan", as this word has the connotations of a virus which the feature is not. It is the unethical business practice of NCH that I have a problem with, and not the software itself. See my review about updates.

NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com

“I purchased NCH Switch Sound Converter Plus version...”

Written on: 11/06/2010 by IMJohnstone (1 review written)

I purchased NCH Switch Sound Converter Plus version 1.13 some years ago and I have been happy with my purchase until now. I recently looked into obtaining an update and the NCH website stated that an upgrade price would be applicable for software purchased more than three months ago. The updated versions list a series of bug fixes and extremely limited additional features. I used the upgrade form to log in my user name and activation code and was semi-impressed by the listed discount for an… Read Full Review

Bellocaro's Response to IMJohnstone's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

It is not true. It is a bad company

Imjohnstone's reply to Bellocaro's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I agree with you that the company is "bad" in terms of its ethics. I have found its software to be OK, but looking at the four star rating it does seem that I am endorsing the company. This is wrong. I didn't write my review to endorse the company. I wrote a review to complain about the company. The star rating should be a single star.

☆☆☆☆☆
NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com

“You must be wary in purchasing from NCH Software. I...”

Written on: 07/01/2009 by roulton (2 reviews written)

You must be wary in purchasing from NCH Software. I purchased some of their products in July of 2008. Website & activation process were *very* confusing but I got through it after a determined hour. Redownloaded from the website 1 Jan 2009 to reinstall on a new computer. Discovered they had snuck the version numbers up by a fractional decimal point to correct some bugs in the software AND that you must repurchase their software all over again for any new versioning, including their fixing… Read Full Review

NCH Eyeline, www.nchsoftware.com

“What can I say, its very rare these days to find...”

Written on: 11/10/2008 by stuntmaster (4 reviews written)

What can I say, its very rare these days to find software that is truly 100% free with no ads or spyware even without pressure to go pro... but thats where NCH Software come in.

Eyeline is a simple yet effective CCTV software that has many of the features a more professional software would have, such as time and date stamped recordings, motion detection even if camera doesnt support it (software controlled), webaccess page with live broadcasting over the internet, and support for normal DIY… Read Full Review

Bellocaro's Response to stuntmaster's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

You work for them. What you posted is not true

Imjohnstone's reply to Bellocaro's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I agree with Bellocaro. Stuntmaster's review is clearly not an independent review. I am now even less impressed by the ethics of NCH.