Tohatsu 18hp Four Stroke Reviews

Tohatsu 18hp Four Stroke - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tohatsu 18hp Four Stroke

Tohatsu 18hp Four Stroke

“They do make an 18 hp four stroke. I own one ”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Kirk471 (1 review written)

Very good power for a small engine and is unbelievably economical to operate - runs for hours on 3 gallon tank of fuel. Be careful because the clip that holds the shifter cable to the shift lever on the motor will break and the cable drops off. That will get your attention when trying to dock and you can't get it out of gear (brakes don't work well either). Other than the breaking plastic clip (and there isn't a metal one on this planet) it is the best motor I have ever owned - and I've… Read Full Review

“Tohatsu 18hp 2 Stroke”

Written on: 18/02/2013 by aazapf (2 reviews written)

I don't think they make a 4 stroke 18hp motor. This review is for the 18hp 2 stroke. I was tossing up between this and the more expensive 4 stroke 20hp Suzuki motor. I Just purchased the M18E2 engine and are very happy with it. It's not as loud as several reviews have indicated. It manages to get my 3300cm inflatable with 4 people on board up on the plane at 50% throttle. The motor is well built and of a high quality. Fuel Consumption is very good also. I used this last weekend… Read Full Review