Bosch SHU6805UC Dishwasher Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Bosch SHU6805UC Dishwasher - Ask a question now

“Rubbish”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by KPatterson1970 (2 reviews written)

Bought this Dishwasher 4 weeks ago,not impressed at all. Going back to washing dishes by hand… Read Full Review

“Ergonimically Rubbish”

Written on: 09/02/2012 by waynewight (1 review written)

It's all well and good being electronically and mechanically reliable but this machine takes half of that that my last Zanusssi could take, all down to the layout of the interior. The Bosch is an absolute PIG to load and requires re-jigging at every stag. It will not take long stemmed wine glasses and larger kitchen utensiles. I would have to say that I would never trust Which reviews in the future either. I purchased this machine on the basis of Which approval labels stuck all over the… Read Full Review

“Model # SHX45M06UC/50”

Written on: 06/06/2011

Don't know why the model number didn't come up in my seach here! I had to put the model number in the subject for this review! I have owned the bosch dishwasher for a while (more than 2 years) and have not had time to either return it to where i bought it( SEARS )or even write a bad review for it! Almost always my dishes are not shiny or even dry completely! I have to buy new dishes as they are not in a good condition to use them anymore.After the machine work is done, the dishes are slippery… Read Full Review

“We have had this dishwasher for more than 7 years,...”

Written on: 14/02/2010

We have had this dishwasher for more than 7 years, but, I have to say that the control buttons probably stopped functioning properly after 1 year. But that is not the problem that concerns me the most; my dishwasher often leaves dirt on items on top rack - I use Electrosol Tabs with Power Ball, and I often have to throw in an extra tab just to get cleaner dishes. My glasses on top rack often have to be re-washed. I bought a Bosch, because I thought the name implied a superiour product - We… Read Full Review

“We have a Bosch SHU 6805UC/U12. Every few years, the...”

Written on: 08/02/2010

We have a Bosch SHU 6805UC/U12. Every few years, the controller board needs replacement. Apparently (according to the authorized repairer) Bosch did a poor job designing the hot water relay and it cannot take the load. Cost of board around $130, replacement labor $120. If you buy the part and install it yourself (pretty simple job) Bosch warns it would void their "warranty"… Read Full Review

“Evidently my Bosch dishwasher does not have a heating...”

Written on: 21/08/2009

Evidently my Bosch dishwasher does not have a heating element and relies on steam from the hot water to dry the dishes. I heard Jet Dry Turbo Dry drying agent will help with my problem of wet soggy dishes (gross!) so I just bought some today. I also heard that running the sink faucet on hot prior to starting the dishwasher also helps. As far as the weird smell coming from the dishwasher, I agree with the other reviewers---nasty, nasty smell. I also just bought some Palmolive Lavender Breeze… Read Full Review

“we have a bosch shu6805uc, have had it for about 10...”

Written on: 30/07/2009

we have a bosch shu6805uc, have had it for about 10 years now, we are now on our second control panel at the cost of $140 plus shipping, lucky that i know how to install it, i installed the last one, it has been a decent dishwasher but i would not recomend anyone buying one! this was very expensive at the time we bought it and for what it cost it should not breakdown so often! probably wont repair this… Read Full Review

“Control circuit board has major design defect....”

Written on: 08/07/2009 by scott2699 (1 review written)

Control circuit board has major design defect. Undersized relays on control circuit board. Replacement cost for the board about $150.00. After 7 years of service. Out of warranty. Bosch said they could not help with our broken dishwasher… Read Full Review

“My Bosch SHU6805 dishwasher sucks! The buttons have...”

Written on: 01/05/2009 by mattmatt1234 (1 review written)

My Bosch SHU6805 dishwasher sucks! The buttons have failed three times since we have owned it. The lady at Bosch service this morning told me that if this had happened to her she would expect to have to replace the buttons after three years of use? She advised me to call service and fork over the money to have a repair.

They are defective. Instead of a 5cent spring they use a piece of plastic with a stressed bend in it. It last about a year if you are lucky. The heat from the unit must… Read Full Review

“Rack is not friendly to pots and pans. ”

Written on: 28/02/2008

Rack is not friendly to pots and pans.
This machine has a good water solenoid system but it fails every 4-6 years. It erupts in a screech or a pipe pounding oscillation that'll scare the cat to death! We put the control pad on ECONOMY and left it there for 11 years. Kept it's use simple and it's lasting fine. So I believe the water solenoid to be a lemon contraption here. The rubber diaphragm is too thin, has no strain fibres and dries up from hot water. Unless that unit was upgraded I would… Read Full Review

“My story would sound just like everyone else's here,...”

Written on: 12/01/2008 by auntiemame (1 review written)

My story would sound just like everyone else's here, but with a Texas accent. I'll spare you that. ;-)

The purpose for coming on this site is to find out whether to spend the bucks to repair it, or just scuttle it. I plan to scuttle it… Read Full Review

“I thought that Bosch had a great reputation for...”

Written on: 20/11/2007 by rjarosz3 (1 review written)

I thought that Bosch had a great reputation for superior products, and the fact that it had both a stainless steel interior and was quiet was the decision maker for me. Much to my dismay, the honeymoon with my dishwasher lasted less than a year. Repairmen could not fix it, even though they replaced the touch pad which had broken after a short time. The machine will not stop running except if it is turned off manually, drained and restarted to rinse the ultra-clean dishes. Also, the dishes… Read Full Review

“I loved our new Bosch SHU6805UC quite dishwasher. It...”

Written on: 06/11/2003 by rr1234 (1 review written)

I loved our new Bosch SHU6805UC quite dishwasher. It cost more than I wanted to spend, but it looked like it would last longer than our house. One day it started running longer than normal - 4 hours to complete a load. Sears has tried to fix it 6 times without success. Some times they send one person to work on it and it takes two people to move it around. Parts have been replaced in the hopes it would solve the problem, but nothing helps, and Sears is content to keep sending people to… Read Full Review

Brio1's Response to rr1234's Review

Written on: 25/05/2005

Much as I love the way this machine washes and the quiet, the electronic control panel has failed three times. Now in the fifth year, Bosch is helping me one more time by paying the $450 Canadian for the replacement part. I'll have to pay the service call. If they do not offset the cost the next time it happens, I'll have to buy a new dishwasher. The trouble is, there seems to be something wrong with any of the quiet ones that wash well. Even Miele seems to have some bad reviews.

“My Bosch is driving me crazy. At first I loved it...”

Written on: 16/05/2003 by Melissa. (1 review written)

My Bosch is driving me crazy. At first I loved it because it was so quiet (unlike my old dishwasher that I could never run at night because it woke the kids up.) But for the third time now water has backed up in the bottom of the dishwasher refusing to drain. No problem...supposedly...I cleared the filters and scoped out a chunk of chicken that was caught. I tried running it again and...now the water won't come on although the dishwasher engine is running through the wash cycle. The first… Read Full Review

109436_Chuck.'s Response to 98433_Melissa.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2003

What was done to finally solve the problem of the dishwasher not empting. The valve??

214823_Suzblee's Response to 98433_Melissa.'s Review

Written on: 25/10/2005

I had the same problem with my overflow valve. I was actually able to reset the overflow valve by pouring water into the washer to fill it to it's normal level, closing the soap dispenser, and running the washer through the rinse/hold cycle. The overflow valve is actually a float that floats on the surface of the water (inside the base of the washer, there is no way I can see to get to it). It triggers the water inlet valve to shut when there is enough water in the washer. I think the float got stuck in the up position even though there wasn't any water under it!

“Bosch, Model SHU6805UC, YR 2000. After about 2.5...”

Written on: 27/02/2003 by Major_Tom. (1 review written)

Bosch, Model SHU6805UC, YR 2000. After about 2.5 years of use, Rinse/Hold touch pad key (actually they're tactile type buttons) broke. Required replacement of the whole touch pad. Water solenoid valve failure. While this is disappointing, I must admit that I still like the Bosch Dishwasher. I have asked it to stop stripping the paint off my collection of beer glasses from around the world. I would buy another Bosch… Read Full Review

88552_Dave F.'s Response to Major_Tom.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

We also have a Bosch SHU5302 dishwasher which we bought in Feb 2000. For several of the past months several of the buttons lost their tactical feel and their specific function could not be selected. Just recently the dishwasher failed to start the cycle. It appeared that the moter(pump) would start and nothing else would happen. My initial thought was either the water level sensor or the water value was defective. I began by purchasing a new control panel in order to address the lost of button controls. I purchase a new control panel for $151.00 CDN. I found this particular part has gone through several revisions. I initially thought that improvements were made to the housing but any changes must have been electronic as the plastic contruction around the buttons appears the same. This is one area that Bosch could apply greater quality focus as I suspect the new housing will fail in a few years time. I found replacing the control panel was straight forward and the replacement was completed within a 1/2 hour. Once the dishwasher was powered up, I found the control panel replacement not only correctly the tactical button problem, the dishwasher was able to cycle though a wash. By opening up the dishwasher, I found the quality to be very good in all areas except for the control panel housing around the buttons. As I mentioned previously, I suspect the plastic portion of the housing that provides the spring to the buttons will eventually fall off due to heat and usage. This is the only area that Bosch could apply a much better design and thus would greatly improve the reliability of thier product.

“I bought Bosch SHU in April 98; within a year the...”

Written on: 07/01/2003 by Pierre. (1 review written)

I bought Bosch SHU in April 98; within a year the control panel buttons failed and the electronic board with it's casing was replaced under warranty with an "improved" unit. Now after 4 1/2 years from purchase date, they have failed again ! The mechanical link design between the control panel and the electronic board is indeed very poor, as well as the quality of the plastic selected for the electronic board overall casing in comparaison with the balance of the unit and its very good… Read Full Review

John Baylor.'s Response to 63153_Pierre.'s Review

Written on: 16/05/2003

I TOTALLY AGREE !!!! THIS SIEMENS CONTROL PANEL IS VERY POORLY DESIGNED. WHAT A SHODDY ENGINEERING JOB. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. NOT ONLY IS THE PANEL A PIECE, BUT THE SOAP DISPENSER IS ALSO NON FUNCTIONAL.

“This Bosch dishwasher (Model SHU6805 UC) looked like a...”

Written on: 14/08/2002 by Steven Fujii. (1 review written)

This Bosch dishwasher (Model SHU6805 UC) looked like a good buy. I had read a few reviews and read up on the product itself. I'm here to say that the dishwasher sucks. For the price it should never have cost this much. You can get the same thing for less than half the price. A cheap dishwasher does just as good a job at washing the dishes as this one does and at least it dries dishes! Puddles of water, wet plastic ware, wet utensils, wet dish racks.... wet everywhere. You might as well… Read Full Review

38168_Shaun.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 17/09/2002

Have you even CONSIDERED that there may be something wrong with the blower or heater? The thing needs to circulate the air to even dry anything, you know the vent on the front of it? That is for when the blower blows air through it, the hot wet air can leave. You think a clothes dryer can dry anything with it's vent blocked? Things like that need air CIRCULATION.

Carlos Soto's Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 17/06/2009

HI there.Having read your revews about bosch dishwashers I field like I have to add to it.
<br/>I do not have a complain about performance since I bought it 10 years ago and it has been working very well,althow I am talking about a previous model(SMU 2046UC).Two weks ago the programer did not turn and after a calll to a tecnitian he tall me that it was the heating element and that he had to look for it.Two hours after He call to tell me that there were't any such part any longer,they have been discontinue a year ago.I did contact bosch and Ihave been toll that the part does not exist any longer so I have to throw the machine in the scrapyard.Be ware.

Mcounsel's Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 12/12/2005

OK...so my wife and I are sitting here after finishing off a bottle of chardonay wishing we never lost our Asko to an accident and replaced it with a Bosch. Bosch SUCKS! I hope you all find this interesting. We are on our second Bosch unit. The first one left such a stench after washing, the store (THD - Expo) FINALLY connected us with a Bosch agent to get a replacement. So the second one was installed and it left a FOUL odour too. We were then told the only way to avoid the Bosch stench was to use it daily! WOW! Asko never had this problem. Now, here's the funny part....wife runs into the old Bosch reseller rep on an airplane. He says since Bosch bought Thermador, they force any reseller that sells Asko to drop Asko in favor of Bosch dishwashers in order to carry the Thermador line......Aint that something!
<br>Now that you think about it, he said you NEVER see any reference to the fact that Bosch owns Thermador. I guess they don't want to ruin that reputation!
<br>From what we've learned, BOSCH sucks and they KNOW it!

Rgraeter's Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 31/08/2004

Not only do Bosch dishwashers suck, so do their clothes washers and dryers. I paid a 60% premium for Bosch because I wanted the best. Guess I should have paid the 75% premium and went for the Asko. In 5 years that I have had these Bosch beauties, I have had the electronics replaced on them all, and the dryer twice. The dishwasher takes the cake for being the suckiest, however. I now keep Clorox under the sink to combat the nasty smell of the mouldy water that the thing never drains. Buy anything else!

Ten S Gal's Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 24/02/2004

I totally agree -- the Bosch is worthless (from reading these reviews it appears that it does not make any difference as to Model #). See my comments on Model SHY66C06UC (just posted 2/23/04) -- I've had 2 machines from the period of Nov. 2003 - Feb. 2004; lasting 30-60 days before the motor gave out completely! Now, I'm awaiting my Miele (894SCI). Hopefully, it is not another badly engineered product from Germany! Wish I would have found this Website before I purchased the Bosch! At least my retailer took it back both times (Sears).

Ricki.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 20/03/2003

I bought the SHU6800 in October 2002 (my 2nd Bosch, LOVED the first one!). I agree with everyone who says this diswasher sucks (I wish it sucked the puddles of water away!). Four different repair guys have told me "that's the way these new ones are--we have nothing but trouble with them." One guy replaced a defective flow switch but that didn't solve the drying problem. Another said I should "burp" the rinse aid dispenser to stuff more rinse aid in it. Don't try that! Bosch said I have to wait one hour after the 90-minute cycle completes and open the door. Although it's less than convenient to start it up before retiring only to have to wake up at 2:30 am to open the door, I tried it several times! Nope--it doesn't work. BTW, for Shaun: the new Bosch does not vent out the front; nor does it have a heater for drying; nor does it have a fan. They vent them out the bottom of the back. And the combination of high final rinse, "cold" stainless steel and rinse aid is supposed to create this "smoke and mirrors" drying magic. If anyone knows of a quiet dishwasher that actually dries the dishes, please let me know; I'm no longer a devoted fan of Bosch.

45336_Noddy.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

Thank you Jan. Apologies for the gender mix-up. I will take your advice this evening and let you know. I just have never had to deal with such a production with any of my 5 past dishwashers.

45315_Jan.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

To Steve & CO, I do apologize, where I live in the world Jan is a male person but that is inmaterial to me. My main objective is to be helpful to you. Regarding your comment on steam going up; this will explain what happens in your dishwasher;
The last 12 minutes of the cycle of your dishwasher you'll find the following (if you would open the door at this point in time
a) dishes are steaming
b)the bottom of the dishwasher will be covered in two inches cold water or either the left or right side of the dishwasher will be filled with cold water (which obviously you cannot see).
The steam coming from the dishes will condensate onto the cold surface of either the bottom or one of the sides of the device thus drying the dishes. Basically the same as washing up in hot water and leaving the dishes in a drip-rack on the worktop. If one leaves the dishes in the dishwasher for a couple of hours after the cycle has finished, the result will be even better.
success

45299_Noddy.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

Steven, I do not think Jan was speaking to you. I believe she was responding to my email when she was saying that the fact that I did not know to use rinse aid to dry dishes exhibited my noviceness with dishwashers. She was still wrong.

I agree that Bosch sucks. Even with the rinse aid, dishes are still damp. Additionally, the storage space stinks. Furthermore, there is a strange odor.

45269_Steve.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Jan,
This is NOT my first dishwasher. I have actually had one in all 3 of my houses. I liked my ASKO because it did dry dishes and the cycle was about the same amount of time as the BOSCH. I use the rinse agent and all of the other recommended stuff... even had a repairman from Bosch come to look at it. All they said was, "That's the way it is." Well if that's the way it is, it sucks. This dishwasher has no blower or any way for steam to escape. It's supposed to dry and go down the drain, but logic would lead you to think, "But steam rises..." SO, once again... bad dishwasher.. Bad, bad, BAD dishwasher.

44568_Jan.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2002

dear Kathryn, i cannont comment on KitchenAid, but all dishwasher do dry the dishes (to a certain extend) read my previous comment on the use of separate rinse aid.
<br>
<br>Jan

44556_Kathryn.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2002

I just bought (one week ago) a top of the line KitchenAid -- I had a KitchenAid before that which was wonderful. This new KitchenAid is a nightmare just like the Bosch -- it is a top of the line KitchenAid, with stainless steel interior. It leaves puddles of water all over, the silverware is both dirty and wet (after cleaning) and on no
matter what setting tried. The repair guy was out and said this is just the way they operate -- they do not get your dishes dry -- nothing you can do. Kathryn

43696_Jan.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 14/10/2002

This must be your first dishwasher.
<br>A dishwasher will NEVER dry the dishes without rinse aid, regardless of the brand/model.
<br>The rinse aid will smoothen the surface of the dishes, causing any droplets to fall off the surface of the dishes, the remaining heat of the dishes will evaporate the remaining damp. Best result (although not neccesary) is with cold water inlet.
<br>
<br>Jan

39781_Noddy.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 25/09/2002

I would like to amend and supplement my prior comment. After having spoke with several Bosch representatives, we were told that Bosch, unlike the other dishwashers, does not require a cold water feed. Additionally, we were told to try a rinse aid. While skeptical, we tried the rinse aid and to our pleasant surprise, there were no more puddles and dampness. Irrespective, we have concluded that the quality and convenience of this dishwasher is very disproportionate to the dear price one pays for the Bosch Integra SHU9950, e.g.creating an ideal storage space is nothing short of an ordeal.

39542_Noddy.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 24/09/2002

I have been told by another dissatisfied friend that oft times, with these fancy schmancy stainless steel dishwashers, the reason why you end up with dampness and puddles is that you are supposed to have a cold water feed into the dishwasher rather than hot water. Apparently, these dishwashers have a stainless steel front panel which "does not allow an appropriate cooling system" when hot water is used. The Bosch dishwasher has been an absolute disappointment. While it is incredibly quiet while it is running, the ruckus I create while screaming at the dishwasher's mess after the cycle should convince everyone that this is not worth it!

38399_Jennifer.'s Response to Steven Fujii.'s Review

Written on: 18/09/2002

I have a Bosch at our cottage and have this same problem. I believe it's the design of the system. It doesn't blow hot air to dry like the other dishwashers do, the advantage to this method is that it doesn't blow humidity back into your home and that you can put tupperware on the bottom rack. But I agree with you and feel that I'd rather have dry dishes. It also takes about an additional 45 minutes a cycle to dry this way.

“I purchased the Bosch SHU6805UC dishwasher three and a...”

Written on: 21/06/2002 by Roger. (1 review written)

I purchased the Bosch SHU6805UC dishwasher three and a half years ago and the push button control panel failed on the Regular Wash Cycle. This is the cycle I use most. Upon closer inspection I realized that Bosch does not use metal springs behind the push buttons, but use instead plastic molded tabs that provide the spring tension. These tabs obviously get brittle with time and heat since they simply break and fall off. From reading the other posts on this board, it seems that about three -… Read Full Review

38165_Shaun.'s Response to 28691_Roger.'s Review

Written on: 17/09/2002

The hot water is from your hot water heater not your dishwasher, even if your dishwasher heats the water, the water is still just as hot as the highest setting on a hot water heater.

Sibel's Response to 28691_Roger.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

They work great for first 2 years!! Mine broke down only 3 years later. Regular wash cycle took 3 hours and dishes come up wet and not cleaned very well. There must be a manufacturing problem with those machines; because my friend's just started doing the same. Hers is 4 years old. We were told service would cost as much as $400 which is outrageous!! Rather buy a new machine.. but I won't spend $1500 this time.

38297_Roger.'s Response to 28691_Roger.'s Review

Written on: 17/09/2002

The Bosch SH6800 series dishwasher will heat and more importantly "maintain" the temperature during the length of it's wash cycle. The Temperature range is a low 104 degrees F. in the Quick Wash cycle to a high of 161 degrees F. in the rinse cycle of longer wash cycles. The temperature of the water in the dishwasher is independant and has nothing to do with your hot water heater setting.