Humax PVR9150T 160GB Reviews

Humax PVR9150T 160GB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Humax PVR9150T 160GB

“eBay freeview recorder”

Written on: 06/07/2013

My wife has one of these and has been delighted with it, my wife's sister wanted one so I trawled on eBay for one, as this was not for my own use I took out a Squaretrade warranty. my wife's recorder has been trouble free for the past 6 years (bought new 2007). My wife sisters broke down after about 2 months, this is no reflection on the recorder just the luck of the draw. I have bought lots of gear on eBay my self and had no problems,never took out cover, but for my sister-in-law glad I did… Read Full Review

Humax PVR9150T 160GB

“Very easy to use - but needs a little practice.”

Written on: 12/07/2012 by mjtopping (4 reviews written)

I was not looking forward to the end of analogue have used VHS tapes for so long and enjoying the convenience of taking them from one room or house to another. I tried a DVD/HDD recorder but that was far too slow and cumbersome. However I bought this via Amazon from Humax refurbished for under £100 and am very well pleased with it. The installation was a breeze being fully automatic and need for the manual minimal. That I am not keen on at all and feel it could be improved and… Read Full Review

“Remote control freezes”

Written on: 01/03/2012

My humax 9150T is forever freezing seconds after switching on. I've tried resetting to default, re-tuning channels and re-formatting the hard drive. Reformatting the hard drive seemed to work for a couple of weeks but now its worse than ever. Its good points are is that it is very simple to use… Read Full Review

Supertone's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2012

Humax customer support were very helpful. They advised an over the air software update which fixed the problem.

“Saorview”

Written on: 06/01/2012 by johnwright12 (1 review written)

After the launch of saorview, I was looking for a saorview set top box. Lately but luckily I came to know about Megavision, the customer service they provided me could not be better, it was great. They had a wide range of satellite dishes; all offered at most competitive prices. I appreciate that they take the time to follow up with their customers and make us feel we matter. I would definitely recommend Megavision to others… Read Full Review

Humax PVR9150T 160GB

“Excellent, quiet, easy to use, lots of features”

Written on: 17/11/2011 by stevieb5678 (3 reviews written)

I have had this for 3 months now and like the previous reviewer bought it to replace my Thompson which always caused me trouble. Compared to that the Humax is rolls Royce. The key things are: 1. Excellent picture quality 2. Very quiet 3. Record 2 channels and still view limited others 4. Advert skip button The ad skip button is amazing. You can set it's length but 30 seconds seem work well and you just press it 6 times to skip the ad breaks. No more going to far and having to rewind. The… Read Full Review

Humax PVR9150T 160GB

“Bought to replace our noisy, buggy Thomson DTR. The...”

Written on: 14/12/2008 by BeezaMark (6 reviews written)

Bought to replace our noisy, buggy Thomson DTR. The Humax impressed me straight away because it has an Off switch on the back. No more unplugging the unit if it freezes up then! Another good feature is a basic panel of control buttons under a flap on the front of the unit. If your remote stops working you can still operate the Humax from this front panel.
After a month of use the Humax hasn't frozen up or corrupted any recordings, unlike our old Thomson unit. The only downside has been… Read Full Review

Beezamark's Response to BeezaMark's Review

Written on: 06/04/2009

I've had problems with the box freezing. Even switching it off and then back on again doesn't cure the problem. An email to the Humax helpdesk sorted the problem but it involved erasing all my personal settings and starting again with the factory defaults. Not happy, but still better off than I was with my previous model.