Humax Foxsat HD Reviews

Humax Foxsat HD - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Humax Foxsat HD

“Very puzzled!”

Written on: 07/09/2013 by Sgam (1 review written)

Bought a Humax Freeview box as I thought it was one of the best but ever since we connected it to our Samsung Smart tv the tv turns itself off after 4 hours viewing. Have tried everything to fix this problem but no joy so over all I am not so impressed… Read Full Review

“Everything works well....but”

Written on: 11/10/2011 by shardcastle1510 (1 review written)

This is my second unit within a year. The first was set up by a 'City and Guild' qualified installer. Everything seemed to be working well after he left....until..while watching TV via the box the screen would go black for a second or two and then come back on. This would happen a few times then finally it would go black, then the screen would go fluorescent green and stay that way. It had to be turned off at the box. We had a second installer out. He said that the signal was too strong after… Read Full Review

Shardcastle1510's Response to shardcastle1510's Review

Written on: 04/04/2012

Well, still no joy. Box sat there collecting dust. Any ideas? Anyone please..............

Shardcastle1510's Response to shardcastle1510's Review

Written on: 04/04/2012

Over £100.00 cheaper now as well, just to add insult to injury!

Groovyrob's reply to Shardcastle1510's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2013

Hi. I bought this box for my parents and I think they are experiencing the same issue as you. Every so often the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds while watching then comes back on. With them its like the box stops sending a picture to the TV over HDMI ( as the TV shows the input channel) then comes back. Is it the same for you?

Humax Foxsat HD

“Bought from Argos just as they came out - nearly 3...”

Written on: 24/05/2011 by binfer (11 reviews written)

Bought from Argos just as they came out - nearly 3 years ago. Its suddenly decided not to boot up. after a bit of detective work trawling the net for answers I found there were quite a few people with the same problem.
Apparently some of the capacitors inside are cheap rubbish that are designed to fail after the 2 year warranty runs out. I seem to be one of the lucky ones that got nearly 3 years out of it.
Emailed tech support at Humax and its a chargeable repair - £84. I'm assuming the… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“While the features of the foxsat are good, I was...”

Written on: 21/11/2010 by Alweb (1 review written)

While the features of the foxsat are good, I was disappointed when ours stopped working after just over two years. The unit failed to boot up, no message displayed on screen and no way to diagnose the problem. Maybe I'm expecting too much but an inert piece of technology such as this with no moving parts really should last longer than this.

The integration with iPlayer was very good and picture quality was excellent. I found navigating some menus to be slow, but this was a minor… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“I have used this as a replacement system for my...”

Written on: 28/04/2010 by alexbest (2 reviews written)

I have used this as a replacement system for my motorised system and it works fine. This system is mainly for Freesat. However, you would be able to use it for a motorised system. I am very pleased with the quality of picture (using HDMI) and it is definitely a good value for money.

Humax Foxsat HD

“Bought refurbished Foxsat from Humax last year , box...”

Written on: 20/02/2010 by dunfallinover (3 reviews written)

Bought refurbished Foxsat from Humax last year , box seemed new and worked faultlessly and superbly since then . Only just installed iPlayer which is great and would favourably compare this box with a Samsung Sky+HD receiver after testing it on a friends system .

Receives over 250 channels on non-freesat mode via a redundant Sky minidish in north Cheshire , no reception problems in bad weather and thought Freesat picture is as good as Freeview from built-in decoder on Panasonic plasmas .

Told… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“Help my Humax Foxsat-HD Box gets very hot, over 42...”

Written on: 26/06/2009 by sparkygaz (1 review written)

Help my Humax Foxsat-HD Box gets very hot, over 42 degrees ( my thermometer only goes up to 42 degrees). The thing is, this is the second box in two weeks that ' s got so hot, I unplugged every cable except the sat dish LNB, still to hot on the top, bottom and the sides.
Any ideas ?

Humax Foxsat HD

“I bought this as Freeview reception isn't great in my...”

Written on: 29/04/2009 by geclinke (14 reviews written)

I bought this as Freeview reception isn't great in my area, and I have a satellite feed into my flat.
Wasn't sure it would work, but, 5 minutes after plugging it in, I was flicking through all the channels.
The picture quality is far better than my freeview box, I think this is a combination of the upscaling, and the "blockiness" of the freeview channels isn't present.
Thoroughly recommend this box. I'm not sure the recordable version of this box is worth the extra 100 quid - also I wanted the… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“The Humax Foxsat HD Freesat Digital TV Recorder is a...”

Written on: 19/04/2009 by mikereview (1 review written)

The Humax Foxsat HD Freesat Digital TV Recorder is a great item. Insulation is a breeze especially if you are familiar with computers. I have connected the recorder to my Panasonic Vera with HD freesat built in, using three L.N.B. inputs, means I should be able to record two programs and watch another live on the tv if necessary… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“All I can say is simply, the Foxsat HD Freesat...”

Written on: 27/01/2009 by sheep_pie (9 reviews written)

All I can say is simply, the Foxsat HD Freesat Receiver is an excellent piece of kit.
It works flawlessly, and does a sterling job of displaying High Definition pictures, though I wish there were more on Freesat, but this will change in time.
Looking forward to the channel numbers increasing since launch.
The price of around £150 may put some buyers off, but there are bargains out there to be had.
Humax have just released a PVR version of the Foxsat HD, which may entice buyers to go for that… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“Plenty of channels to choose from although many 'pay'...”

Written on: 02/01/2009 by motocrossvic (1 review written)

Plenty of channels to choose from although many 'pay' channels are scrambled. No more monthly direct debits!

If you want a good quality receiver and no more monthly payments this is the way to go. However, if you heavily into sport Freesat is not the place to go as all sport channels are pretty much scrambled… Read Full Review

Humax Foxsat HD

“Just installed this rather attractive, compact, box to...”

Written on: 02/12/2008 by travellinglite (1 review written)

Just installed this rather attractive, compact, box to the same dish that used to be attached to an old Sky box.

I'm dubious of manufacturers' claims of 'Simple installation' but, in this case, it is justified. Each step is explained on screen and the Instruction Manual does not need consulting (a boost for us guys!).

The box picked up all the SD (Standard Definition) channels as well as the free BBC HD channel. The ITV HD channel is available via the remote control's red button - as and when it… Read Full Review