Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod Reviews

Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod

“Decent for price”

Written on: 24/04/2013 by JayneReviews (5 reviews written)

I wouldn't say that this is either great or terrible, but it does its job, especially considering the very cheap price I paid (£30). Perfect for static shots, stays in place very firmly as it is pretty stiff. BUT this then causes a problem for panning, as it is so jerky you can't really use it. Also, although it hasn't happened to me, I can see what people are saying about not being level. Feet are a little flimsy and it can take a while to line up. Overall, I don't think I'd buy it again… Read Full Review

Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod

“The Velbon Sherpa 600A is too easily damaged”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by reprint (1 review written)

This tripod (Velbon Sherpa 600A), as part of it's features, has no lower stabilizer. The lack of this mass allows the legs to fold in at the bottom to the point where the top of each leg can be brought against and also bent over a 54mm in diameter structure that is part of the center of the tripod. The resulting damage prevents the legs from ever being extended again, destroying the tripod. I put it in a trunk with luggage once and was never able to use it again. When the tripod is removed… Read Full Review

Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod

“Velbon Sherpa 600r Tripod ”

Written on: 20/05/2010

Velbon Sherpa 600r Tripod

(re: previous reviewer - does he work for Manfrotto?) I put a spirit level on my tripod (built into my Giotos MH5011 Head) and every time, at all three leg spreads, it is virtually perfectly level. Indoors! Outdoors though, I work with the building trade, and FYI no pavement or path or road is level, they MUST be built with a slight gradient (0.5 - 1.0 degrees) to run rainwater away - by law!

I would change the head to one which has separate tilt, pan and rotational… Read Full Review

Velbon Sherpa 600 Tripod

“After reading all reviews this appeared to be the...”

Written on: 12/10/2008 by ndagorne (1 review written)

After reading all reviews this appeared to be the perfect tripod to support my scope. Unfortunately when it arrived the panning action seemed to move downhill to the right. I discovered, after checking all legs were out and snapped to the right angle, that one leg was at a greater angle than the others. I returned the tripod and was sent another with the same problem-even though I asked Bristol Cameras to check it before they sent it. When phoned they grudgingly admitted their might be a design… Read Full Review