Canon PowerShot G10 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

Looking for a Canon Powershot G10 review? At Review Centre we have Canon G10 reviews written by unbiased consumers to help you choose the best digital camera.

Could you write a review of this camera? If so, please write a Canon Powershot G10 review and help others choose the best digital camera.

Canon PowerShot G10 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon PowerShot G10

Canon PowerShot G10

“Big results, small package”

Written on: 09/12/2011 by garethcork (2 reviews written)

I'll keep this short and sweet, the camera has excellent build quality, and is finished to a very high standard. The controls are well thought out, and within a week, you will be navigating with ease. There are a great deal of features, and I agree, perhaps some you won't use, but let's not forget those people that will, I would rather have more, than less. The image quality is excellent, and I really enjoy reviewing on the crisp screen which delivers in every way, the fact that it folds out… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“I've owned and operated the Canon G10 now for a little...”

Written on: 20/03/2010 by BadDog (16 reviews written)

I've owned and operated the Canon G10 now for a little over a year and have used it in many situations from holiday snapshots to professional advertising shoots (automotive advertising). I've done portraiture and documentary shoots and have reached a conclusion that this camera is all things to all men (and women).

I'm not going to go all technical here and discuss each specification in depth but I can comment on it's richness of features and the quality of the final product.

The first thing… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“Picture quality is just not up to scratch. ”

Written on: 01/12/2009 by IanTernet (7 reviews written)

Picture quality is just not up to scratch.
Far too many megapixels for the optics, and for the size of the sensor.
I have a G10 as a replacement for a faulty G9, they both suffer from soft focus, and poor focus and colour fringing around the edges.
If you want to use the automatic settings it has a fixation with F4 (as did the G9)and will hang-on to this aperture, and just keep winding up the shutter speed, this inspite of the fact that it has optical stabilisation.
Canon's IXUS range have… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“I don't know who has written the earlier reviews for...”

Written on: 27/07/2009

I don't know who has written the earlier reviews for this Canon PowerShot G10 camera and given it such poor ratings. I can only conclude that they have been living in cloud cuckoo land. This camera is GREAT. It produces excellent pictures which are on a par with a full blown DSLR. Yes the pictures are a little noisy the further up the iso spectum you go but then so are a lot of compact cameras. Under normal shooting conditions the images are first rate. The camera comes equipped with a myriad… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“I bought this Canon Powershot G10c camera because I...”

Written on: 07/02/2009 by b6waf (18 reviews written)

I bought this Canon Powershot G10c camera because I wanted a pocketable but high quality alternative to my DSLR for those occasions when I need to travel light. I did not want to compromise on image quality.

I stopped on the way home from the shop and fired off a lot of test shots, in reasonably good light. I got home and eagerly reviewed them on my PC. I WANTED to be pleased with them but I was SO disappointed. The image noise was unbelievable.

Next trip out I took some very nice shots… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“Really wanted this camera to excel. It flopped. Kept...”

Written on: 16/01/2009 by b6waf (18 reviews written)

Really wanted this camera to excel. It flopped. Kept it 2 months and sold it, losing £60. At ISO 80 the image quality was very good indeed. At ISO400 it was totally unacceptable and unusable. Why, oh Why, oh Why do they persist in cramming more and more pixels into a small sensor ? Panasonic have got the right idea - I've been waiting some weeks now to find an LX3 in stock, and when I do, it's mine… Read Full Review

Canon PowerShot G10

“I really like the Canon Powershot G10, just got it, it...”

Written on: 11/10/2008

I really like the Canon Powershot G10, just got it, it is smaller than I thought it would be, very nice LCD. My main concern is that the software does not work with my Macbook Pro and Adobe Lightroom does not support the CR2 raw image files it takes. Overall good camera, bad software… Read Full Review