Olympus D-460 Zoom Reviews

• 1.2 megapixel sensor captures enough detail for photo-quality 5 x 7 prints
  • 3x optical plus 2x digital zoom lens with autofocus
  • Included 8 MB SmartMedia memory holds 36 images at default resolution
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via serial port
  • Uses 4 AA or 2 proprietary lithium batteries (2 lithium batteries included)
    Platforms:
    Windows NT 5, Windows NT 4, Windows NT 3.5, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows NT
  • Latest Reviews

Olympus D-460 Zoom

“OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF THE OLYMPUS D-460 ZOOM DIGITAL...”

Written on: 16/02/2002 by GARY. (1 review written)

OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF THE OLYMPUS D-460 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA IS OUTSTANDING. ZOOM QUALITY IS EXCELLENT AS WELL AS CLOSE UPS. ALL CONTROLS AND MENU ARE VERY EASY TO USE, BUT YOU SHOULD REVIEW OWNERS MANUAL AS THERE ARE MORE FEATURES THAN ONE CAN REMEMBER. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAMERA TO ALL… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Olympus D-460 Zoom

“I purchased an Olympus D-450 digital camera in January...”

Written on: 06/04/2001 by Dale. (1 review written)

I purchased an Olympus D-450 digital camera in January of 1999. By February of 2000 the pictures were all coming out with a heavy magenta tinge. Had it sent to Olympus repair facility in Los Angeles. Took them 3 months to tell me it was beyond repair, and of course a month out of warranty. I then bought a D-460 (that was in February of 2000). And, here 13 months later the same problem. Unless you can afford a new camera every year I'd look at another brand… Read Full Review

Olympus D-460 Zoom

“I've only had it a few weeks and have taken some...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by JB. (1 review written)

I've only had it a few weeks and have taken some pretty nice photos already.

Would have rated this 10 except for the serial interface. You MUST have a card reader or PCMCAIA or Floppy disk adaptor to get photos to computer or risk incredible tedium.

In response to an earlier review on reviewcentre, I was told that Raynox makes a telephoto / 1.5x add-on lens for the D460. I have had no direct experience of this yet… Read Full Review

Olympus D-460 Zoom

“I researched digital cameras for a couple of weeks...”

Written on: 27/05/2000 by Alan Somers. (1 review written)

I researched digital cameras for a couple of weeks before finally deciding on the D-460 Zoom. I originally had my eye on an Olympus C-2020 Zoom but, after assessing the additional costs associated with accessories, I decided to set my sights a little lower. I have not regretted a minute of it, although I've had the camera for only about 10 days. I have photographed subjects from our four cats to close-ups of flowers in our wildflower garden with great success. Digital is definitely the way… Read Full Review

2937_Kristin.'s Response to 260_Alan Somers.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2001

I just wanted to say that this was a very helpful review. i am seriously thinking of buying this kind of camera, but i'm not quite sure. yes, it does seem to have a few small problems, but for such a low price, and for all the other conveniences of this camera, i would definitely get this.