Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team Reviews

Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team

Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team

“Poor service, cheap components”

Written on: 19/08/2013

Bought the bike from halfords, little used and not used in bad weather. Studs/ nuts have corroded and halfords despite me returning it to store have refused to change them. Disappointing for the money paid, old 1/3 of the price mountain bike still looks good despite being used in all weathers and being 2 years older than the boardman. Other than that a good bike, won't be getting the boardman road bike due to this… Read Full Review

Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team

“Great Bike, awful Halfords”

Written on: 07/09/2011

Title says it all. Spent £850 on a Boardman bike, which was so appallingly set up by Haflords staff, had to take it back to the store 3 times in the first week. It was last straw when the pedal came off when I was out on it, which was just plain dangerous. Turns out it had too many spacers on it,, which had completely wrecked the pedal, and the end nut had been cross threaded. Nice one Halfords, way to screw over what would have been a nice bike. Got a refund and I'm heading to my local… Read Full Review

Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team

“I decided to get fit after quitting Football and...”

Written on: 14/10/2010

I decided to get fit after quitting Football and preffered to be out doors rather than the Gym. I originally bought a Claud Butler Stone River, which was a great bike to start with. After 15 months I set myself a £750 budget, looked around and after reading lots of reviews decided to go £100 more and went for a Boardman Team.
I had read good & bad about the Service from Halfords, therefore I picked up the bike in package and took it staright round to my local bike shop. I have to say its… Read Full Review

Chris Boardman Mountain Bike Team

“I was looking to getting fitter and used to do BMX'ing...”

Written on: 19/09/2008 by Nesty (4 reviews written)

I was looking to getting fitter and used to do BMX'ing years ago, so decided to get into Mountain Biking. I decided to fully research my purchase, as being out of the sadlle for a few years.

I first set myself a budget of £500. I read anything below this doesn't buy you much at all, (though I was prepared to go to £750, if the model was really worth it)! I looked at the GT Avalanche 1.0 & Claude Butler Cape Wrath D27, both seemed quite good bikes when I rode them. Also as well as these 2… Read Full Review

Sean5253's Response to Nesty's Review

Written on: 16/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because..it was very comprehensive.

Shoney6's Response to Nesty's Review

Written on: 25/03/2011

Cheers for the reviews , im going for the pro £1000er , only heard great things about these bikes