Amdega Conservatories Reviews

Amdega Conservatories - Ask a question now

“Utter disaster.”

Written on: 01/01/2014

An utter disaster from start to finish. Beware of traders claiming to carry out Amdega Repairs - our workman was happy to take our money but didn't want to know once things went wrong with our installation. He blamed Amdega and they blamed him. Also beware of Portlandwho, when we purchased our conservatory, were owned by Amdega. The quality of the conservatory was very poor and very ovepriced for what it was… Read Full Review

Tric666's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2014

It is 'heartening' to see the level of service from this appalling company remains the same. After, what is now, 12years since our heap of rubbish was installed, we are considering tearing it down and rebuilding. The roof is still leaking, more windows have 'failed' and water is coming in the bottom of both doors. I am fed up with having to pay a local (excellent and trustworthy) builder to try and repair this probably irrepairable mound of junk. Thank you AMDEGA for an enjoyable 12yrs of worry, exhorbitant costs and total disaster. I hope your new company fails miserably as has our conservatory.

“Worst Company Ever Dealt With”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by drunken_master (1 review written)

Do NOT go with this company. We had a conservatory "built" by them in the past. Estimated time to build was 2 months. Left 75% completed after three years worth of work. Never respond to any calls. We were assigned a project manager who left the company 6 months after our work was started because of stress. If you go with them you will have a half finished conservatory but they will take all your money and more (they make up extra expenses as they go along)… Read Full Review

Loopinthep's Response to drunken_master's Review

Written on: 19/08/2013

I fully agree with this reviewer. We bought a house with an Amdega Conservatory, it looked beautiful but soon the previous owners had already had problems. It was within warranty but each visit was haphazard and dragged out. In the end the work took so long that the warranty ran out. The tradesmen they employed were great (normally contracted in) but they hated the poor administration at the HQ in Darlington. NEVER buy from Amdega.

“Worst company ever!”

Written on: 14/01/2012 by tric666 (1 review written)

I read previous reviews of this company, and was jealous that some customers have managed to extract goods/services for appalling workmanship from Amdega, after they filed for bankruptcy. Unfortunately we were not so lucky. Eight years on from our installation, the heap of rubbish still leaks, the door doesn't shut properly, eleven (yes, eleven) windows have failed units (despite ALL the windows being replaced twice), the floor levels are incorrect resulting in a strange step into the room, and… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to tric666's Review

Written on: 27/02/2012

Yes I have had exactly the same problem. Awful experience despite a very expensive conservatory. 5 years on and like you, we have a heap of rubbish. Ours went up and came down 3 times and is still a heap of junk.

Stevebright's Response to tric666's Review

Written on: 02/01/2013

Amdega Conservatories as a whole are were a superb product in its day. If you have a problem getting items fixed then give me a call 07950400405 let me see if I can help you.

“To the ex directors WHARTON etc. Are you still in a...”

Written on: 04/11/2011

So bad was your company in every respect, I would not anyone to suffer like we did, planning, admim, quality, leaks, double glazing units filling with water, rot, timings, guarantees that seem to have flexible T and Cs, lies about contractors on their way etc, 'lost' letters, appalling customer care.etc etc etc. We had the last laugh as when just as we were about to expose to the world you refunded our money, not only once, but twice, oh and then you replaced the goods. Thank you so much we… Read Full Review

Fredperry1874's Comment

Written on: 28/09/2012

Planning? I did planning at Amdega, what was the problem? Are you just a person who makes a living complaining, or do you work for a n other conservatory company. If you have a conservatory, I hope it falls on your head :)

“Questions you should ask before going too far”

Written on: 09/10/2011

We had an Amdega orangery installed, or I should say nearly installed, last year while the company was going under, and it was one of the worst experiences of our life. The project took over a year and was high stress throughout. They left the building leaking and we had to pay to get it fixed. It is already falling apart and there is nobody to take any responsibility for it. The brand has now been bought by Everest but they did not take on the responsibility for anything Amdega had done… Read Full Review

“Amdega trading again - my terrible story of rot”

Written on: 28/09/2011

I had an Amdega conservatory to replace the roof of an original victorian hot house. It was sold as the rolls royce of greenhouses and would outlive me. It looked great when it was finished but soon afterwards the double glazed panes filled with water and continued to be replaced under warranty. After a couple of years and many new units (including horrible fitting that had to be redone) Amdega agreed to replace all the units with single glazing. A few years on and quite cronic rot started from… Read Full Review

“Amdega name bought by Everest, NOT established since 1874.”

Written on: 23/08/2011

We paid a deposit with Amdega, banked the day before they went into administration. We have nothing to show for it and probably will get nothing back. I see that the Amdega name has been bought by Everest. How can they advertise that they have been established since 1874? ESTABLISHED SINCE 2011!… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

Report Everest to the Advertising Standards Authority
www.asa.org.uk/.../How-to-complain

“faiure to respond to queries and failure to deliver ”

Written on: 14/08/2011

Failure to respond to phone calls---Was always at a meeting!! Failure to deliver a plumber/joiner/tiler/wooden blinds/proper cement/. Present company since 1874 failure to honour orders from 2 years ago but still allowed to trade under AMDEGA SINCE 1874? Today i have contacted Companies House with a request to ask why they are still aloowed to trade and advertise under AMDEGA since 1874 whe they went belly up recently. DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A 10 ft BARGEPOLE… Read Full Review

“How To Rub Salt Into A Wound...”

Written on: 03/08/2011 by rogermayles (1 review written)

I was absolutely astounded to see Amdega's advert in The Saturday Telegraph (30.7.11).Not only was it the same advert as before but it still stated "Amdega since 1874" I thought that Company went into Administration in April 2011 causing untold misery to staff ,contractors and customers.Surely it should read to be fair to everyone "Amdega since 2011" Not only is the advert the same but the web-site uses the same designs of pages,the same outside site photographs and the same exagerated… Read Full Review

Espionage's Response to rogermayles's Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

Report Everst to the Advertising Standards Authority www.asa.org.uk

“The worst decision we ever made.”

Written on: 21/07/2011 by karinbrawn (1 review written)

This company is back in business. The name has been bought by Everest and is now able to trade with impunity. We went through the most painful time of our lives trying to recoup the enormous investment we made in a product which, in the state it was put up in, was almost worthless. If you do chose to invest in this product you need to be aware of a few things we discovered to our cost: The product is not a hardwood product (whatever the salesman tells you.)We eventually managed to get our… Read Full Review

“Amdega stock”

Written on: 07/07/2011

I work for a company who acquired a lot of amdega stock, this is excellent quality stuff but much of it is incomplete. I have noticed a few members mentioning they are missing parts etc. If this is the case we may be able to help. In the next few weeks we are listing what stock we have ranging from conservatories to summerhouses on a site called bidspotter.com if this is any use to the many people out there who are in this position or are looking for a bargain and are in the position to… Read Full Review

“I don't think it is fare to blame Amdega staff for...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

I don't think it is fare to blame Amdega staff for faults on conservatories. It was the Directors to blame. They never paid suppliers therefore no supplys came in to put the faulty conservatories right. All staff at Amdega worked there socks off and got no reward or praise and in the end they were not even given a warning that Amdega was going bust. THey were told on the day their jobs were gone and they were not being paid… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2011

As a customer dealing with Amdega, the staff were rude and very complacent. They treated their customers in a very off hand way. You only have to see the pages of complaints against Amdega. Based on my experience from staff dealing with customers complaints Amdega have got everything they deserved. At least future customers will not now be put in the same position. Another case of a British company thinking its doing the customers a favour by dealing with them. Good riddance.

A dissatisfied owner of a leaking Amdega conservatory, who is out of pocket because Amdega wouldnt come and repair it!!

Written on: 02/01/2013

I completely agree. I used to work for them in the past as a fitter and they used to treat everyone the same it was all for them. I now own my own business repairing these badly fitted conservatories and have done so for over 25 years. I still love the product immensely and feel sorry for all those people that have so many problems with there Amdega conservatories even now. When a company only ever thinks about is money they don't last long. In the old days of Amdega all the jobs where rigorously checked prior to completion and the fitters leaving site.

I find it so sad that it had to come to what it did but it was inevitable...

“Great, so now i am left with a conservatory which is...”

Written on: 04/05/2011

Great, so now i am left with a conservatory which is up and glazed but leaks badly, missing parts, unfinished blinds, a broken window which the fitter smashed, and not painted.
Thank god i managed to get them to re-fit the flashing which was left off for over a year.

Written on: 09/05/2011

i do know of a couple of fitters and i myself once did building for amdega, where in the country are you, perhaps i can help

Written on: 02/01/2013

If we can be any service to you then Please contact us www.amdegaconservatoryrepairs.co.uk

Written on: 27/06/2011

I have been fitting Amdega Conservatoriues for over 20 years if I can be of any assisatnce call me on 07950 400405

Written on: 25/06/2011

yes, if you would like to go to www.creativebuild.co.uk or email me at creativebuild@blueyonder.co.uk I will get back to you asap. Many Thanks Andy

Written on: 07/06/2011

Creativebuld - happy to talk to you. Do you have contact details.

“I have been in contract with Amdega for 3 and a half...”

Written on: 04/05/2011

I have been in contract with Amdega for 3 and a half years now to build for me a contemporary conservatory. This has cost me £50k and all I have to show is a building site at the back of my house and an unfinished structure which had so many problems, it requires demolition. Now I find that Amdega has gone into administration and I have lost the lot. It will take me more cash through a loan to have the unfinished structure demolished and removed and to attempt to put my house back to where it… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/05/2011

where in the country are you, perhaps i can help, i am an ex builder for amdega and i also know some ex-fitters.

Written on: 02/01/2013

If we can be of any help regarding your situation give us call or go to our web site on www.amdegaconservatoryrepairs.co.uk and if we can help you in any way in the future.

“I bought a conservatory from Amdega two years ago,...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I bought a conservatory from Amdega two years ago, which now leaks like a sieve. From day one when the order was placed the staff at Amdega have been arrogant and unhelpful. They can blame the owners all they want but the staff in Amdega Customer Services and Project Management have acted all along as if they are doing me a huge favour dealing with me. I know these problems start at the top, but the staff responsible for Amdega's customers appear to feel they are superior to the people like me… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/05/2011

where in the country are you, perhaps i can help, i am an ex-builder for amdega and i know of fitters who are very good at their job who have been let down by amdega as i have.

Written on: 08/07/2011

As a ex Amdega Employee I fully concur That office staff did not appear to know their jobs I worked on Despatch and was horrified at the number of parts to follow, and the number of items to be sent to site or picked up by fitters to do repairs before completion of the conservatory.

“AMDEGA HAS CALLED IN THE ADMINISTRATORS THIS MORNING...”

Written on: 27/04/2011

AMDEGA HAS CALLED IN THE ADMINISTRATORS THIS MORNING AND IS NO LONGER TRADING… Read Full Review

Maestro62's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2011

workforce informed at 11 am all jobs lost amdega wound up no longer trading

667667's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2011

Empolyees were asked to leave and told they will not be getting paid today for the month they have just worked!!

667667's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2011

Employees were asked to leave an informed they will not be getting paid today for the month they have already worked

“They delivered our conservatory just before Christmas...”

Written on: 21/04/2011

They delivered our conservatory just before Christmas 2003 (their request), but didn't install until Feb 2004 but took the full payment in Dec. The delivery guy deposited the timber structure all over the front of our garden and departed. It was down to myself and my wife to clear everything away and store. Once installed it leaked and after many, many phone calls and 3 attempts to fix it still leaks 6 yrs later. Plus the timber is starting to warp now, and glass units are starting to fail… Read Full Review

Amdega Customer Services's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2011

Amdega's new management team is extremely concerned to read your comments and takes them very seriously. May we respectfully request that you make contact with Donna Jackson, Customer Services Manager, on 01325 349565 to allow us the opportunity to discuss these matters in full.
<br/>
<br/>Kind regards
<br/>The Management Team
<br/>Amdega Ltd

“The sun room is complete and I am looking forward to...”

Written on: 13/04/2011

The sun room is complete and I am looking forward to using it this summer. My thanks to the Amdega contractor, Mr. B. Farmer, who ably organised his team whenever required in order to complete the project(- following delays due to the winter weather & deliveries.) Eveyone was polite and professional in their approach. In addition I also have a spacious patio to enjoy which Mr Farmer`s team built as an extra.
Thanks also to the Project Manager, Mr P Stephens, who made several visits to site… Read Full Review

“My Amdega conservatory is now ten years old and is an...”

Written on: 09/04/2011 by gatesby (1 review written)

My Amdega conservatory is now ten years old and is an absolute joy. We get so much enjoyment from it and it is a valuable addition to our living space.

I read all the reviews from the knockers and internet crusaders and am happy to say that my experience has been everything I hoped, yes things don't always go as expected but all in all I'm happy with my journey.

I'd like to give credit where due, I rang their Head Office recently for some advice and spoke to a really helpful chap in the… Read Full Review

“THEY OFFER AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT BUR AFTER THE 10 YEAR...”

Written on: 29/03/2011 by PETROLOSS (1 review written)

THEY OFFER AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT BUR AFTER THE 10 YEAR WARRANTY PERIOD THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE AND YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. THEY SAY THEY DON'T HAVE THE RESOURCES TO DO OUT OF WARRANTY WORK. PITY THEY DON'T TELL YOU THIS WHEN YOU ARE BUYING THEIR PRODUCT. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY HAVE SURVIVED SINCE 1874 WITH SUCH AN APPALLING ATTITUDE BUT I WOULDN'T BUY ANOTHER AND CERTAINLY WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!… Read Full Review

Edwardjayster's Response to PETROLOSS's Review

Written on: 19/04/2011

are the end of our warranty, we were put in touch with a young man called [name removed], if you called Amdega Direct i sure they could put you in touch with me. Great Work and a Fantastic Price!! doesnt charge like the prices like the other companies.