Spitting Pig, Reviews - www.spittingpig.co.uk

Spitting Pig, www.spittingpig.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Superb Food and Service”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by FaithPreston (1 review written)

I had spitting pig cater for our 50th birthday and I can say hand on heart that it was exceptional. This is the first time I have left a review on a site but due to the exceptional food and the chef asking me to I felt I owed them some applause ! The hog roast was exceptional and we went for a 12 hour slow cooked option with the meat turning out as promised melt in your mouth. We were a bit later on the arranged start time as some of our guests were late but this was not a problem for them and… Read Full Review

“Too much service”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by Robert1471 (0 reviews written)

We recently used Spitting Pig to provide us with a cooked pig for our party. All we wanted was a cooked pig dropped off but they insisted on making sure we had the correct implements even leaving us with theirs in the end and we knew how to cut it up and serve it. They spent about 30 minutes with us going through everything. If you want a company who really care about what they are doing then these guys are probably for you if you just want a quick drop and leave you to work it out yourself… Read Full Review

“60th Birthday/25th Wedding Anniversary party”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by Herds100 (1 review written)

The staff were very helpful, the food was great and the pig wonderful! No mess, everything cleaned up and our guests went back for 2nds and 3rd helpings. Would thoroughly recommend them. Would point out that if you want more than one serving per person to order a big pig, we only had about 45/50 people but they managed to get through an entire pig which should have been enough for 120 people, mind you that's how good the pig was… Read Full Review

“Suckling Pig Confusion”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Levesque334 (1 review written)

I had Spitting Pig cater for my 40th birthday and was a bit suprised with what I received. With only 15 guests I asked for a suckling pig which was something I had always wanted to try yet when the guy arrived I had what I would call a BIG pig in fact the leftovers could have fed another 20 people easily. I was told that a suckling pig is actually very small and would not have served 15 guests. Now asking a friend of mine he said a suckling pig could easily serve 15 people so I don't know… Read Full Review

“Wonderfull Catering for a birthday! ”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by Mar2010 (1 review written)

I just wanted to give you some feedback on the hog roast service provided by Spitting Pig Essex for my husband's 60th birthday party on 10th May. The service provided was fantastic. All the guests commented on how delicious the pork was and the person himself was extremely popular with all of them. Thank you to Spitting Pig for helping make the event so special. Regards Marilyn … Read Full Review

“Don't use this company!! ”

Written on: 30/04/2014 by 1979Sparks (1 review written)

Be warned, this company comes under the name of Hog Roast events and catering rather than spitting pig. I was unaware of this at first, apparentely they are the same company dealing with different strands of the business. I was dissapointed that I was not made aware of this to start with as I did not want to deal with a big franchise company set-up for my wedding day and it's not made obvious on their website. Feeling slightly mislead I decided to research the company spitting pig roasts… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/05/2014

* Or I should say, to clarify, I never signed a contract, the contract was sent to me after I paid the deposit, yet I still lost my deposit and now they are requesting more money from me, charlatans!!

“The perfect Halloween feast”

Written on: 07/11/2013 by MelissaBlight (1 review written)

I hired spitting pig to cater at my Halloween party and I loved the food. So did everyone at the party! They all enjoyed the hog roast with a bit of crackling on or some apple sauce! All the staff were really friendly too they even made the effort to dress up!… Read Full Review

“Disgusting inedible food”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by MaidyStar (1 review written)

I was recently at a wedding where this company were serving the food. I cannot comment on the meat as I am a vegetarian. But the veggie option was totally inedible. One of the other guests was embarrassed to spit it out at the table, but couldn't swallow it. It was completely raw. When a complaint was made by email, the manager got very personal and insulting! It really was appalling. If they can't take critisism, really should they be working in a service industry - and with food? I… Read Full Review

Nickhopkins07's Response to MaidyStar's Review

Hi MaidyStar,

Firstly I am nothing to do with company, however could I ask in which region your event was held? I'm trying to research this company and they appear to be almost franchised? As such I'd like to know which region your event was, so I can stay clear of them if my upcoming event is near by.

Many thanks

Maidystar's reply to Nickhopkins07's Comment

Hi,
The event was in Warwickshire, but I beleive the company came from Wales for this event. I have also learnt since that they also arrived without the agreed equipment and it was only due to the help of one of the groomsmen that they were able to serve the food!
All a bit of a mess really and cost a lot of money
Best of luck

Nickhopkins07's reply to Maidystar's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2014

Many thanks for your help. Did you ever get any compensation? I hope so, sounds like you had a torrid time.

Maidystar's reply to Nickhopkins07's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2014

No. They refused to communicate or discuss ny issues at all!

Perfectcatering's reply to Maidystar's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Hi, if you would like a true account and the email communication following the event please send me an email. The complaint was actually about how ripe the avocados where and the vegetarian choice which had been ordered by the brides sister.

Maidystar's reply to Perfectcatering's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

I have seen the communications and I was truly aghast at how very personal and how rude they were.

And the vegetarian issue was not the only complaint. There were many other various complaints about this day.

Demerita's reply to Maidystar's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2014

I can back you up on this. I never got to the point of actually having them at the event because I had such a bad feeling about them, I mean they were already demonstrating how unprofessional they were through just the telephone communications. I think I made the right decision to cancel, however the charletains stole my deposit!!! I mean what service did they ever provide to me except added stress?!... what a joke of a company.

Demerita's reply to Nickhopkins07's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2014

I don't think it matters which region, you still have to deal with the manager who is very rude, I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Demerita's Response to MaidyStar's Review

Written on: 30/04/2014

This has been my experience of this company. Never before have I come across such a condesending manager. He may have worked in Events for a long time as he kept telling however he has absolutely no idea what it means to give a good impression of the company. I never got to stage of them actually providing service at my event because I was so appalled with the rude correspondence. The manager left me fuming about his rudeness and it takes a lot to do that!! I mentioned the bad reviews on review centre and he was so unprofessional about the way he spoke of your complaints. Needless to say I cancelled, not even a gesture of good will to return the deposit. Very, very personal and abusive, totally agree...I mean who picks up the phone and tells their customer they sound sad, as if it was my own personal problem. Terrible company, stay away! Total waste of time and money. Horrendous... STAY AWAY!!

“Nearly ruined my big day . . . . . ”

Written on: 07/10/2013

We used the Spitting Pig company to cater for our wedding this September (see review below) and I just wanted to make other brides and grooms out there aware of the terrible time we had. The company where difficult to deal with - couldn't always get hold of them, never replied to emails but the real big problem was the food they served on the day. The canapés were poorly presented (think massive stainless steel catering trays), crackling burnt - my husband couldn't actually eat it :(, the… Read Full Review

Nickhopkins07's Comment

Hi ,

Many thanks

Perfectcatering's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Hi I am the owner of Spitting Pig we did respond to every email usually within a few hours I can forward the conversations and paperwork to anyone who is interested in what actually occurred. We accepted that the avocados where possibly not all quite ripe, the bride was a vegetarian and the brides sister ordered her meal we provided what was ordered and have the signed contract showing what was ordered unfortunately the bride was not happy with what was ordered. As always we did lots of things on the day outside our remit to help out even going as far as to provide a pair of trousers for a guest who split his. We had great feed back on the day unfortunately vegetarians can be difficult to please and in this instance we failed.

Maidystar's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

This is not actually what happened. They did not respond to phone calls or emails. It was not just the vegetarian issue at all. If you read the review above - you can see this. They were very personal in the emails they did respond to, to be extremely rude and obnoxious.

Maidystar's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

So the bride's sister, the bride and All vegetarians are the problem?

My point exactly!

Written on: 30/04/2014

Vegetarians difficult to please? Chiefs a 'funny bunch' Customers who want efficient, polite and professional service asking too much?... Go get some customer service training, because you'll have no clients left with such a condesending attitude.

“Had them do my birthday party great job done very very...”

Written on: 31/03/2011

Had them do my birthday party great job done very very happy… Read Full Review

“I used the spitting pig company at my engagement party...”

Written on: 24/09/2010

I used the spitting pig company at my engagement party 2 weeks ago and i was more than satisfied with the food and service i received. They staff arrived at the venue with everything including serving table, plates and cutely they then cooked and prepared the hog roast and accompaniments on site and served the guests. The staff were extremely polite and friendly nothing was too much trouble for them and the food was outstanding nearly all of my guests commented on how fresh and tasty the food… Read Full Review

“Spitting Pig helped make my event a pleasure for me, I...”

Written on: 09/09/2008 by hanny123 (1 review written)

Spitting Pig helped make my event a pleasure for me, I recently had them catering at my wedding and they did an amazing job… Read Full Review