Beeman Dual Caliber 1073 Sportsman RS2 Series Reviews

• Accuracy

• Handling

Beeman Dual Caliber 1073 Sportsman RS2 Series - Ask a question now

“Beeman rs2”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by Adrian_C (1 review written)

I've had my beeman for about 9 months, I love the weight to it, the look, and power. The trigger bugged me at first but it was an easy fix. Wether you want to shoot birds or rodents this thing does the job. I'm using the .177, barrel mostly because I like the distance it'll go, I would recommend the beeman rs2 sportsman series to anyone looking to have some fun!… Read Full Review

“Best break barrel rifle ever”

Written on: 21/03/2012 by www.www (1 review written)

I have owned the beeman Rs2 for 2 years now and have shot more than 10 tins of pellets through it. first day I got it i put 500 rounds through it in a couple hours. I especially liked the trigger. although i am used to the 2 stage adjustable trigger i must say it has a very clean pull and crisp break that i can count on. the location i bought the gun also provided me with a 3-9x40 scope. with the scope on i am the deadliest thing out in the brush. I have done testing on the gun and have gotten… Read Full Review

Ltsilk's Response to www.www's Review

Written on: 29/10/2012

does anyone know where i can buy a second hand dual caliber rifle £150

Johnny52's Response to www.www's Review

Written on: 30/12/2012

loved this post, i have recently purchased the same rifle and i am finding it a very friendly and easy weapon to handle shoot and keep in good order, the sights i am using seem to stay zeroed no matter the terain, obsticles or the weather throw at me the power is consistent as is the trigger operation, i am an ex army weapon instructor who is used to full bore rifles however this is a revelation to me,i have been hunting small game for a couple of years and find this is the rifle to have, the interchangable barrels are quick and easy to change over and allows me the choice of small game to pick from the different seasons with a decent choice of ranges up to 40yards.

“Beeman Dual Caliber 1073 Sportsman (Grizzly X2) RS2...”

Written on: 25/02/2012 by Chart77 (1 review written)

Excellent gun, it taught me a lot about springer rifles. You must make sure all three stock bolts are tight (two are behind the plastic caps on the foregrip - they are easy to remove). Make sure the scope is securely fastened and check all (including barrel attachment screw) screws occasionally. Lighten the trigger pull by adjusting according to the manual, this is a must for accuracy. Mine is near the light force limit and it is absolutely perfect for ny needs. Learn the "artillery hold" by… Read Full Review

“Beeman RS2 Air Rifle”

Written on: 23/11/2011

Trigger is hard to puss and rifel jumps whe the trigger is pulled. Needs a smother pulling trigger. O ring comes off whrn the gun is cocked. o ring where barrol meets chamber coles off very easly. A big wast of money… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/11/2011

Your spelling is horrible! Apparently you missed something in your education, I'm guessing it was graduation.
On the other hand, I could be wrong and you're just an idiot.

Written on: 25/02/2012

The RS2 Trigger is one of the finest adjustable triggers on a low or medium priced air gun. This reviewer never read the manual provided with the gun to realize that with a simple twist of a screwdriver the trigger can be made to have a feather touch or 6 lb pull.
The rifle does have recoil, it "jumps" as he describes it because that is what spring powered air rifles do. The recoil is a measure of the excellent power of this rifle and part of the challenge of mastering this very accurate gun. You can buy an air rifle without recoil but that would be a co2 powered unit with low power or a PCP gun with high power and a minimum $400 price tag, some cost in the thousands.
My RS2 is 2 years old with thousands of shots fired without the O ring dislodging. My best guess is the reviewer caused the O ring to come out by contaminating it with grease causing it to swell or dug it out with a sharp device and damaged it to the point that it would not stay put. The rifle comes with a spare O ring and two barrels so this is really a non-issue.
Contrary to being a waste of money this gun is a fantastic value for the money, it's really two guns in one with the dual-caliber barrels. I prefer the .22 because it's slower pellet is not disrupted by near sonic speed therefore more accurate, is much quieter and carries more energy to the target.
Before buying this or any powerful spring rifle one should read as much as possible to know how to shoot (look up "artillery hold") and care for this excellent piece of machinery.

“Lock tighting the screws”

Written on: 30/09/2011 by larryjs1951 (1 review written)

OK I have read the reviews and know i have to get a new scope and yes the .22 is the best (man it packs a whallop) shot a hole through a metal support on a chair OPPs. Question is where are the darn screws to lock tight on the thing? and what is that small plate on the back of the breach near where the scope mounts? help tell me where to find the screws to lock tight. e-mail me if someone knows at fishen_is_best@yahoo.com. Diagram would help along with where are the trigger ajustments. darn… Read Full Review

“Beeman Sportsman RS2 Dual using .22 barrel. Cost $123...”

Written on: 15/06/2011 by cajunhoss87 (1 review written)

Ok I Bought this gun about a year and half ago and I was like this thing sucks! But then I read up on it and I learned that if you take all the screws on this gun and apply Locktite Blue, this thing is a beast! I was all over the place shooting Daisies in .177 before but after I changed to .22cal barrel and Locktited EVERYTHING I was getting pretty good groups. The next thing I learned ( b/c I was brand new to springers) was that I was holding the gun too tight and needed to used what is called… Read Full Review

“this is the seconed time ive owned this gun.it shoots...”

Written on: 20/04/2011 by BERNARD BARNHILL (1 review written)

this is the seconed time ive owned this gun.it shoots real nice.you may need to get a new scope.they have some desent scopes at wal mart.nice gun get one if you get the chance.gamo is the way to go.but this will do the job.also i perfer the 22 barrel.have fun and be safe whatever you choose… Read Full Review

“this rifle was neatly packaged in the box it has a...”

Written on: 24/03/2011

this rifle was neatly packaged in the box it has a nice feel to it i love the adjustable trigger and there are no major problems with this rifle considering the price just take the screw covers out and remove all the screws and dab a litttle bit of gorrilla glue on them and reinstall the screws tightly and let it dry overnight use some kind of thread lock for the scope screws and i have to agree with the other person to redo the crown would help with the accuracy even though i myself have not… Read Full Review

“Bought this for pest conrol. Scope is not very good...”

Written on: 24/02/2011

Bought this for pest conrol. Scope is not very good for this high powered gun. But after setting the open sights on this, for the way I shoot, have 1 in groupings. I'm using the .22 barrel. Have many other .177s around. Used a special type pellet with it. Hollows points are okay but the pellets I used penatrated and item that the hollows just bounce off of. I usually have my air guns set for 50 to 75 yards. The pest do not last long with me or my brother. Would recommend this to others for… Read Full Review

“I've read every one of these reviews and have shot...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

I've read every one of these reviews and have shot over 150 shots but the accuracy is STILL very poor. I've tried just about every kind of pellet you can get as well. There is defintly something wrong with the scope. I've tried adjusting it many times and it always shoots up and to the right. Can anyone tell me what i could do to prevent this?

Chadusmc03's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2011

I had exactly the same problem. Take the scope off and throw it away. Then buy the tasco red dot scope. This scope simulates what a laser sight would do but the laser dot is within the lens. It sights in very fast and acurately. It is also designed for a 22 rimfire rifle. It works fine on an air rifle. I sighted my scope in to 50 yards shoot at bottle caps.Use Kentucy windage for shots farther out.You will be hitting you target just as fast as it takes you to cock the gun.

Written on: 25/02/2012

Your shots are going high and to the right because you are holding the gun far too tightly. Please look up "artillery hold" which is the only way to shoot a spring gun accurately. Like an artillery gun that is free to move back and sideways you must cradle the gun in a very light grip to allow the gun freedom to move. This is not like shooting a powder gun because the pellet is slower to leave the barrel and you are going off your sight picture before the pellet is airborne. Hold the gun the exact same way every time and you will hit on the cross hairs every time (assuming you have "zeroed" the scope). A consistent hold will yield consistent accuracy.
Also, make sure the scope is very firmly attached, the recoil of this gun will cause a less than tight scope to creep backwards slightly with every shot.

Another comment was absolutely correct. 150 shots is hardly enough to "break in" a new rifle, the lubrication from the factory will partially ignite in the compression chamber causing a "detonation" like a diesel engine and throw the initial aim off by a small amount. Give it a few more hundred shots for extreme accuracy, this gun is quite capable of hitting a match head at 20 yards.

Written on: 26/06/2011

aim a little down and to the left duu

Written on: 31/05/2011

With high powered air rifle there is break in period compressiom varies due to grease and dieseling. I had the same problem and it went away after about 500 rounds. Also that scope is a pos invest in a multiple zoom scope with finger knobs instead of screw slots way better

“If you are looking for a good air rifle for $100, the...”

Written on: 13/02/2011

If you are looking for a good air rifle for $100, the Beeman RS2 is it. Remember, this is a $100 pellet gun, not a .22 rifle or a $400 air rifle. This gun will shoot 1" groupings at 25 yards no problem...and I'm using inexpensive Cabela's brand pellets. I hear knocks on the trigger, but this is a European style trigger with two stages. The 2nd stage trigger pull is adjustable, very easy and very nice. It is a bit heavy, but frankly I like the heft - it gives the gun a solid feel, but might… Read Full Review

“I own 2 of these rifles.I am an avid shooter , i shoot...”

Written on: 05/02/2011

I own 2 of these rifles.I am an avid shooter , i shoot HP rifles,shotguns in competion, i own custom made guns for competion that cost thousands of dollars, in my opinion this air rifle is outstanding for the price 98.00 at wal mart. The rifle is built well shoots well and is very accurate for a entry level rifle 1/2 to 3/4 in groups at 30 yards is unbeatable for what your paying for it, some reviews state its not accurate , i think they may not know how to shoot a spring air rifle correctly… Read Full Review

“OK,, First thing ya gotta do is wrap the barrel screw...”

Written on: 30/01/2011

OK,, First thing ya gotta do is wrap the barrel screw in teflon/plumbers tape and torque it till the wrench bends about an inch.Mine has shot thousands of pellets without the barrel screw loosening with this method.My gun is accurate and packs a punch, chrony is consistant 750 fps with daisy .22 pellets 14.3 gr. this is the only gun ive seen that loves those wadcutters and holds accuracy, one of my favorite guns and ive got 12 others all more expensive . Clean the barrel and break it in you'll… Read Full Review

“The most amazing gun for $98 in the world! Scope is...”

Written on: 28/01/2011

The most amazing gun for $98 in the world! Scope is adequate, trigger very nice and extremely accurate even during break in. Feels like a "big" gun in your hands. I realize it's an entry level gun and for that market it's nothing short of amazing. It will shoot with guns costing much more. Squirrels beware!… Read Full Review

“I think this is a great air rifle. I am an avid...”

Written on: 25/01/2011

I think this is a great air rifle. I am an avid squirrel hunter and wanted something quieter than a shotgun and a .22 rifle. I got it at wal-mart for 98 dollars and i think it is well worth the money. You can tell it is made of good matirials and was well put together. The open sights are very easy to use and very acurite. I've had it for not even six days and have already killed 22 animals with it. I've mainly used the .177 cal. barrell and have killed 2 squirrels with it in one shot. The… Read Full Review

“Bought an RS2 Combo last week at Walmart for $ 98. ...”

Written on: 04/01/2011

Bought an RS2 Combo last week at Walmart for $ 98. Returned it today; gun definitely had issues. Poor quality trigger (lots of creep), loose hold down screws, broke the scope after only 25-30 shots. Because I liked the look & feel so much, took another off the rack. Clearly a better made piece than the first one. All the issues from the 1st one were missing this time. Took it to the range, using open sights and had it hitting the 1 inch bull at 20 yds in less than 1/2 hr. I may just forget… Read Full Review

“This Beeman dual caliber 1073 model was on closeout at...”

Written on: 25/12/2010 by Eprophet (1 review written)

This Beeman dual caliber 1073 model was on closeout at Walmart for $99. That price with a choice of caliber in & of itself is worth the gamble. I was sighting in a Ruger Airhawk .177 & not feeling the love for a little more of a cash gamble & a lot less option.

I read every review I could find & some were relevant. It is important to use some type of adhesive on the barrel screw. I opted for the wifes finger nail glue (same ingredients as superglue TM). For your benefit & my lesson learned… Read Full Review

“If you buy an air rifle for $98.00 and the pellet...”

Written on: 06/12/2010

If you buy an air rifle for $98.00 and the pellet comes out of the barrel with some force behind it, you're ahead of the game.
I think with this air gun, the rest is up to the shooter. I bought the gun on a whim about two weeks ago and shot it today for the first time. I did nothing to the gun except change to a 22 barrel and mount the scope.
The gun shot low and to the left at 25 yards but the groups were pretty consistent. I think that cleaning the barrel will have a positive effect on the… Read Full Review

“When sighting in this rifle you must first shoot...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

When sighting in this rifle you must first shoot around 100 rounds before you begin. When sighting in start from about 15yds and work your way out. It will give you an MOA of about an inch at about 30yds. It shoots very sweet. The only reason I gave it a 4 star is the weight. At ten pds its not a rifle you will want to carry around. I would recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

“Right out of the box, this rifle consistantly pulled...”

Written on: 21/10/2010 by SatelliteSteve (1 review written)

Right out of the box, this rifle consistantly pulled to left 10:00 in a 5 inch
track from 40 yards. Using the site provided, I played with the windage and got it down to the diameter of a beer can. For the money spent, I can't believe it's accuracy compared to a fixed barrel rifle. I do worry about the O-ring and linkage getting worn and sloppy. Keep the wear points well lubricated. Overall, I'm impressed with the solid wood and iron for the price… Read Full Review