Homeswapper Reviews - www.homeswapper.co.uk

Homeswapper www.homeswapper.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Homeswapper www.homeswapper.co.uk

Homeswapper www.homeswapper.co.uk

“the houses i am interested in have no details added”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by Jaidyn1973 (1 review written)

i find the. Bungalow or flat in the area needed and No details are available,it says the tenants have to fill in the info.It wastes my time logging in and out.Why have they been added on the system?? And I send a message and do not get replies.£9.00 spent and more than 5 hours and achieved nothing but 3 * towards a draw why have that? Val Fensome… Read Full Review

“Sign The Petition !”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by Signthepetision (1 review written)

I have started a petition to make Home Swappers user friendly as at the moment it is far from being user friendly. it is on the Home swappers Facebook wall for anyone to sign, It has taken over a year and cost 1 million pounds to come up with a site that has trouble logging people in, while others are being asked to pay again, Home swappers likes to blame its customers for their mistake telling us over and over again that 'we WILL get used to it' and we 'just dont like change' In my… Read Full Review

Bluefluffyemu's Response to Signthepetision's Review

Written on: 31/03/2015

Totally agree, HomeSwapper is not fit for purpose. Absolute waste of money, definately not worth £1000000. It was the best site around once. Not perfect, but way better than how it is now. They could have saved some money from that million pounds and just tweaked the old one a bit.

Oldgaffer's Response to Signthepetision's Review

I agree totally.
They ask for your telephone number when you submit a query, but refuse to call you, why ask for our number then?
When they supposedly reply to your query it's as if they are responding to someone else's because they never address yours!!!
Then in their email response they have a section which reads "Reply above this line", except that doesn't work either.
Someone from homeswapper calling himself mark wrote to me but even ignored the part about not being able to reply. Totally useless.
The site and staff are not fit for purpose. We need to resign from the site en masse.It may take them time, at the speed their brains work, to realise they have no wages, BUT EVENTUALLY they will smell the coffee.

Marieke78's reply to Oldgaffer's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2015

I think the staff are not authorised to answer any probing questions. Only simple ones so have to refer to management for guidance. Management, as we've seen are totally oblivious to everything (they spent a million on a stupid website) so draft a robotic generic response for said staff to forward on to customer. Result? Back to square 1. Yes, boycott it! The new site is pants

“New Homeswapper site is absolutely terrible”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by Louisebutcher1 (1 review written)

No direct matches No exact matches No messages from swappers No contact details to contact swappers No option to search for property's in a particular area which don't match with what you have entered in your location No property's coming up in any searches The old site was great , got lots of matches and lots of messages from swappers. Since homeswapper launched its new site there have been hundreds of complaints about it. Members just not getting any matches. Homeswapper not addressing the… Read Full Review

“Diabolical and No.6”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by JP2015 (1 review written)

Izzy, yes, completely agree with everything you've said. You could try Houseexchange but you may have to pay and if you're looking to downsize to a 1-bed there may not be too many options available. Re your comments - This new site is so bad it might as well not exist. Even the other really cumbersome basic sites are now better than HS. I've experienced the following problems : 1. Searches - Initially the new site had a search option whereby you could search ALL the homes within a town… Read Full Review

“New site is a complete joke”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Skybluemoose (1 review written)

Impossible to use now and find viable 3 way swaps, on the old site everyone knew what was happening and made new connections because all the information was available to them via the on screen questions and answers, now nothing! We are all adults on the site and are quite capable of working out our own swaps very well on the old site. Also no emails or texts to say you have new messages. I won't be paying for this site anymore also getting lots more spam type emails since the change, I think… Read Full Review

“What a joke!!”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Izzy3107 (1 review written)

This site is an absolute joke, one minuet I've got matches next I havnt, I can't email or ask a question, I keep sending emails to homeswapper as I can't actually ask a question and all I get is an automated response saying there are a few glitches and some one will be in contact, well yes as u can guess no one has been in contact!!!! I've had several people interested in my home as I'm looking to down size, but because of this awful new site I have no way of contacting them, I don't understand… Read Full Review

Skybluemoose's Response to Izzy3107's Review

Written on: 30/03/2015

Not sure there is at the moment, I have had a quick Google and a lot of the sites that come up my computer, the antivirus software is actually warning me to stay out of so not too confident . I do agree with you, the new site is impossible to use, I just hope that the powers that be will use some common sense and change it back to the old site before they lose all their customers.

“waste of time, new system rubbish”

Written on: 29/03/2015 by Sharpenv92 (1 review written)

The new system is completely rubbish. I can no longer look for properties that are not on my wanted list. This makes it harder to find possible 3 way swaps.My housing have not joined this scheme so I have to pay to use this site myself. Unless changes are made I will no longer pay to use this site and I will use another site. I did have a house that I was interested in and was in discussion with the person but I can no longer find her on the new system… Read Full Review

“WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH THANKS TO NEW MANAGEMENT !”

Written on: 29/03/2015

THIS NEW SITE IS A JOKE ! AT OUR EXPENSE !MY HOUSING TRUST IS PAYING FOR THAT AND IT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY .NOBODY IS GOING TO SWAP AT THIS RATE . I KEEP SENDING E-MAILS TO THEM ABOUT ALL THE ERRORS I GET AND THEY CANT RECTIFY THEM .THEY GOT A NEW MANAGER WHO IS NOT VERY GOOD AT HIS JOB.THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT RID OF TIME WASTERS WHO DONT REPLY TO THEIR AD.AND KEEP THEIR AD.AFTER MOVING. WE DONT WANT RESTRICTIONS WE WANT TO SEE ALL COUNCIL ADS.IN THE COUNTRY . … Read Full Review

“useless”

Written on: 28/03/2015 by davidgp40 (1 review written)

get the old site back, this one is useless. I had over 20 matches on the old site now I don't have any. I have widened my search & still nothing… Read Full Review

Jp2015's Response to davidgp40's Review

Written on: 30/03/2015

I've had almost identical experiences too - useless it is. The old site may have been time consuming to use but at least it functioned.

“Absolute Rip off”

Written on: 27/03/2015 by IsaacQuinlan (1 review written)

This site is a terrible ..other take your money and give you nothing.....you widen your search....I tried to put london in to widen it more...it won't let you do this....I can't even view any ones advert....it was so easy to use before....have used it to swop before no problem but now it just takes your money and give you nothing… Read Full Review

Oldgaffer's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

Absolutely spot on. They have missed a great chance to improve an ok website.
Alas they have funked it, surprise, surprise.
They claim to have taken advice from those registered with it. Yeah rite!!!

3Aroline's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

Nobody asked me, more like the advertisers. I've been getting loads of junk email messages, wonder if it is a coincidence?

“The New System ”

Written on: 27/03/2015 by vpYoung319 (1 review written)

Since the website has been changed it is very difficult to find swaps as you can only see exactley what you have asked for. It does not allow swappers to trawl so minimises the searches and freedom of choice . We have moved with homeswappers before and it was much clearer and wider choices… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Rubbish”

Written on: 27/03/2015 by 465Ayers (1 review written)

I am finding the new Homeswapper website very frustrating! It is slow, I cannot search any properties and I have NO matches. Seriously why did they even bother. They are asking for too much personal data and it is ridiculous. I cannot even change my email address (no option to do this) as the one Homeswapper has is old. What a load of rubbish!… Read Full Review

“totally useless site”

Written on: 24/03/2015 by 333McQueen (1 review written)

This is a prime example of taxpayers money being horrifically wasted. Try using Rightmove or Zoopla to search for property they are so slick and efficient. Yet home swapper must have been designed by some demented dinasour. Socialism gone MAD!! This site should be privatised and be funded by those advertising on it. Then homeswapper will realise that it itself is totally useless and should therefore become extinct just like the dinasours… Read Full Review

3Aroline's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2015

You are quite right. They only reason it exists is because of bedroom tax. Housing associations up and down the country are paying for this garbage.

“Over complicated and nosy”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by 3aroline (3 reviews written)

The new homeswapper website is worse than the previous one. It is hard enough to find a home swap without the site being overcomplicated. It just made me want to give up. I had been interested a home and now I cannot find it when I am logged in. When I logged out and put in the same requirements I can find it! When I tried to upload a new photo, it won't upload, I have followed the instructions. What's with asking for the dates of birth of your family? It's got nosy and the map does not take… Read Full Review

Jp2015's Response to 3aroline's Review

Written on: 30/03/2015

Yes, wouldn't mind if just some of it were complicated but as far as I can tell it doesn't even seem to carry out basic searches properly.

Personal details - yeah, I'm not the only one who was astonished at this. Is there any data protection with this crowd? - That's rhetorically, by the way. If you don't side-step them in some way make sure you untick all of those boxes that speak about advertising because you can perhaps be sure that they'll flog ALL of those details on to someone else and you'll get even more advertisers trying to wrong you and even more answer-machine messages which you have to pay to stop.

“Absolutely awful”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by Shooke (1 review written)

The new site is rubbish you can't search for properties as easy as the old one, it asks for more personal details which you should not have to give totally intrusive and you can't go in further without giving those details! I think home swapper need to change the website back to the old one! I will not be using this site until it's changed therefore is going to anger me that I can't do a swap to another house because of them. They are meant to make things like this easy for people using the… Read Full Review

“new homeswapper website”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by Issacv329 (1 review written)

The new look Homeswapper site is rubbish! it comes up with properties, way outside the areas you want. And it only shows a few properties. You have to now click on two tabs before you can see their requirements. what a waste of time is that? Why couldn't they leave it alone, with just a few adjustments? It was far better before they messed with it. I don't think I will be going on there much as it is So frustrating and not user friendly. Think a lot of folk wont be happy with this new website… Read Full Review

“New Site Is Rubbish & Demands Even More Private Data”

Written on: 23/03/2015

HomeSwapper renewed it's site this week. When you now log on, you'll see that you cannot use their site unless you disclose even more of your private data to them. Homeswapper says it wants this data to improve our experience on their site! But they also say that the data won't be visible or of use to other users. So why are they now, suddenly, demanding more of our private data from us? What are they collecting if for and who are they selling it to? We should not be forced into… Read Full Review

Jp2015's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2015

Yes, if your landlords flogged the information to advertisers and the like then they'd get into serious trouble. You could side-step the HS lot by for example treating it a bit like Facebook and just keeping honest about your own place. You might think twice about telling them your phone details too - does anyone really want be pestered by answer-machine messages from advertisers that you have to pay to stop?

If you don't do any of the above make sure you Untick those boxes which allow the new HS lot to flog all of your personal info on to anyone they want to.

Marieke78's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2015

There is a petition that has been set up at change. org. Please sign it

“Homeswapper Nightmare”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by kiya64 (1 review written)

So they have changed the site how bad is that!!!! I cant seem to even find one single property to swap with. Bring back the old site so people can move on… Read Full Review

“HOMESWAPPER SITE HAS BEEN RUINED”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by Jannahjo (1 review written)

HS has changed format since Sat 15th March. It has been completely amd utterly ruined, they are not addressing the problems with it at all. The search doesnt work and theres about 5% of the results vs the days before it changed. I want to get a group together to ensure this is sorted out!To see what we can come up with as a team. I know others are having the same experience. Ty!  … Read Full Review

Jansonhere's Response to Jannahjo's Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Please let us know how you are getting the group together - perhaps post details on their facebook page - there seems to be a lot of very angry people on there right now !

Jannahjo's reply to Jansonhere's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2015

Hi there, Thanks for your reply, something has to be done. Hardly any of the profiles have 'their requirements/areas' on their profile. So how can the system possibly match anyone up!? Thats just for starters, as im sure you know. The thing is im not much of FB user and I have ill health. Are you able to help at all? I will do all I can still!

Jannahjo's Response to Jannahjo's Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

CAN ANYONE WHO IS FB GROUP LITERATE SET UP A FB PLS!!!??? THEN WE CAN SPREAD THE WORD FOR PEOOLE TO JOIN!!!! OUR COUNCILS ARE PAYING FOR THIS SHAMBLES. SO I THINK WE ALL NEED TO REPORT TO OUR LOCAL COUNCIL AND REFER THEM TO THE FB PAGE.

“Waste of Time”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by 190Todd (1 review written)

A lot of time wasters on there, either they don't reply to question asked or they put what area they are after then decide it's not for them while looking down their nose's. At the end of the day it is social housing , what is wrong with giving another area ago ,might find its not has bad as you think… Read Full Review