Holiday Lettings Reviews - www.holidaylettings.co.uk

1305

Description (provided by business)

Holiday Lettings lets you search for, enquire about or list holiday villas, holiday cottages and apartments around the world. We connect holiday home owners and property managers with millions of holidaymakers every year. Today we’re owned by TripAdvisor - the world’s largest travel community. But we’ve been around since 1999 and know the holiday lets market inside out. Renting apartments, cottages or villas is more popular than ever as travellers look for more unique and personalised travel experiences.
Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

“Getting no where with complaint”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by FrustratedMark (1 review written)

I booked a holiday in August 2015 via Holiday Lettings to Turkey. Upon arrival in Turkey we were located in an alternative villa as the villa booked "was flooded". We found out during our stay that the villa was actually double booked and this was "common practise". The replaement villa had a lengthy list of faults and issues which we raised with the owner daily. On Day 9 of the holiday we were offered a further replacement villa, which we declined. Holiday Lettings tell you to take issues to… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that this was regarding a complaint about your holiday.

We appreciate your frustration and disappointment should the booked property not meet your expectations.
Unfortunately, we do not have enough information on this review in order for us to reach out to you directly. However, please do reply to our previous email or contact us again via the contact form, so we can provide you with an update of the case.

Best wishes.

Themarkbaldwin's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2016

I have done so again this morning. The case number is 04835816. Would prefer someone called me to discuss rather than pathetic emails that mean nothing and have poor use of the English Language.

Themarkbaldwin's reply to Themarkbaldwin's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2016

I am now receiving emails from Trip Advisor saying that someone spoke to me yesterday and asking me complete a survey! Guess what - zero zero zero! I responded to email saying that I didnt know why Trip Advisor were claiming to have rang me to receive an identical stock reply that I get from Holiday Lettings - see below:

Hello,

We are unable to find an existing open case for your account. In order for us to direct your query to the appropriate team and prioritise accordingly, please visit our Help pages or submit a new query through our contact form.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored.

The TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals Team

It just continues to get worse. I thought Trip Advisor were ok but it looks like they are one of the same as Holiday Lettings.

“Cancellation policy”

Written on: 06/12/2015 by Loopylaurie (1 review written)

I have had to cancel my holiday which was booked nearly a year in advance. I have become very ill and just out of hospital. The illness will affect my travelling. The owner agreed to refund me due to the circumstances but holiday letting just send out a general email telling me to read the cancellation policy. Surely if the owner is willing to give a refund less the booking fee the holiday letting team should be able to do this. I will never recommend this company again. … Read Full Review

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your review but we are sorry to learn that you have to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances.
We are happy to hear that the home owner is happy to offer you a full refund, which is something we can process with their confirmation. Please advise the home owner to get in touch with us so we can arrange this accordingly.

Loopylaurie's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2015

Thank you very much. I have already contacted the home owner but will do so again.
I really appreciate your help

Loopylaurie's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2015

Hi. The owner tried to contact me through the site but it has been blocked to give me a refund. Probably because the holiday is cancelled.
Surely it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to email the owner. This is not a massive amount of money to be refunded but it is a lot to me just now being off work sick

“Customer services from hell”

Written on: 04/12/2015 by Heather130 (1 review written)

If you like customer services talking over you and not listening then these are the people for you… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we can only apologise for your experience. Unfortunately this review doesn't provide us with enough information to identify you as a customer so we will get in touch with you directly to assist you further.
We would really appreciate your reply in order to assist us improving our service and providing the necessary feedback to our agents.

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Holiday Lettings (Trip Advisor) going down the pan !”

Written on: 27/11/2015 by JohnPhilips (1 review written)

The Holiday Letting service has deteriorated to the point where they are surely close to a meltdown... The Trip Advisor takeover of Holiday Lettings seemed a good thing initially, but wow has it proven to be a sad story of disorganisation and incompetence... Incompetent "Help Desk" staff... Properties disappearing from search results without reason... Devious actions taken by the Holiday Lettings team trying to hide owner properties from search results if the owners don't subscribe to the… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our website.
As an advertising platform, our aim is to maximize exposure to our website and the properties we list. In order to do so, we may from time to time run additional marketing campaigns, such as the current Google advert link.
Whilst we appreciate that some advertisers choose to manage their bookings themselves, market trends have also shown that holiday makers look for secure online payments. In order to therefore direct these guests to our website, we have decided to add the additional Google link to highlight those adverts which use our secure online manager (and payment protection).
This is by no means with the intention to leave out particular advertisers (since you are still appearing on our website) but merely a current marketing campaign we have in addition to our regular services.
This is also not set in stone and constantly rotating, meaning that this may change again and that the algorithms generate different results in the future.

We hope this further addresses your concerns regarding the Google link, however, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.

Johnphilips's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2015

Of course it's an intentional decision by Holiday Lettings to leave out properties from customer search results that don't use the Holiday Lettings system online booking system... You must think owners and the public are stupid.

You purposefully and deceitfully add cookies to the customer's browser that prevents them from ever seeing the other properties like ours, even when the Holiday Lettings search results page they are looking at is not showing "Online Bookable" properties..
That is just deceiving the public and cheating the owners that choose not to use your online booking system.

If you want to answer mine and many other customer / owner concerns, then you need to explain why you install these cookies on their browsers that basically tell your website to hide any and all properties that don't allow online booking via your system.

I very much doubt you will be willing to answer this accurately on a public forum, because it will clearly reveal the true nature of your devious business tactics.

Johnphilips's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2015

“Holiday lettings is now terrible for businesses”

Written on: 27/11/2015 by Welshcottage (1 review written)

Since TripAdvisor has taken over Holidaylettings the website interface has become confusing and clumsy and the customer service has disappeared! For example I received an email regarding my renewal which says that I can renew my ad for free and to reply to this email' but the email address is a no reply email! The listing is complicated and I am not happy with how my advert looks and my contact details are hidden when I am paying to advertise! When I try to contact customer services the… Read Full Review

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our service and some of the changes we have made on our platform.
The new owner center was designed to make the day-to-day usability easier and more efficient for home owners . Whilst we understand that not 'one shoe fits all' and that there is still room for improvement, we are doing our best to consistently develop this.
We are very keen on further feedback regarding the new dashboard and would welcome your detailed comments through the 'feedback' option in your account.

Thank you again for your time.

Welshcottage's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2015

Sorry but I have tried that and seen no improvement so please can you give me a phone number and contact that I can speak to rather than these evasive options and hiding behind generic messages and screens?

“Blocking owners account, Misappropiating money”

Written on: 19/11/2015 by SHTOURS (1 review written)

Holiday Lettings/Trip Advisor. What a dishonest company. Have been a subscriber for a number of years and during this time have paid double to have a yearly spotlight. Now because I refuse to let them handle my bookings and to deal with guests personally they have removed our listing without notification not with standing that we still have 2 months to go on our listing and 2 up front Spotlight credits paid This has to be one of the most greedy unethical travel companies on the net. For… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/11/2015

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your account.
Unfortunately we do not have enough information on this review in order to identify you as a customer so we will send you a direct message to confirm your details so we can assist you further.

Shtours's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2015

What a lying bunch of individuals you all are. This information was supplied along with numerous phone calls. Emails not answered and phone calls disconnected.

Why don`t you tell the world the honest truth Oh sorry those words are not in your vocabulary. We don`t want advertisers to handle their own booking irrespective if they have paid in advance. We just want to charge exorbitant booking fees and credit card charges and have total control and censoring of emails.

After many years with this company Good riddance. at least we can go home at night with a clean conscious knowing that we put our guests first when accommodating them

“IMPOSSIBLE MARIAGE AVEC TRIPADVISOR”

Written on: 17/11/2015 by chantalgeoffroydechaume (1 review written)

Depuis dimanche je cherche à savoir pourquoi une demande de réservation n'apparaît pas dans ma boite de message.le "customer service" est incapable de me donner une réponse et se cantonne aux réponses pre-enregistrées. Je vais donc perdre la possibilité de louer mon studio pour une période de 1 mois ce qui n'est pas rien. Tout va mal depuis qu'ils se sont fondus avec Tripadvisor. … Read Full Review

Written on: 23/11/2015

Chére Chantal,
Je vous présente toutes mes excuses pour la gêne occasionnée. Je voudrais vous aider a résoudre le problème que vous rencontrez dans votre espace propriétaire. Afin de mieux vous aider, nous aurons besoin de confirmer si vous avez cree plus d’un compte avec la même adresse email et quelle est cette adresse email. Je suis sur que ce malentendu peut être résolu dans quelques minutes.

Cordialement,

“It gets worse!”

Written on: 06/11/2015 by Hamilton1962 (1 review written)

Even more problems with Trip Adviser /Holiday Lettings!! Now Trip ADviser/Holiday Lettings insist on a base price (never did before)and now whenever a potential guest inquires about my property for a particular date, they only get quoted the base price on the preview screen and hence get a nasty shock when I quote the full price and they refuse to book. I have spoken to a the Indian call centre about this, I was told they would refer this to the technical team, I then get an email from HL to… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/11/2015

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction about our service and changes to our platform.
We can confirm that the standard price/base rate is now compulsory to ensure that holiday makers have an idea of the pricing and always have the chance to request to book your property. However, as long as you have valid season prices set up this will be the prices quoted to holiday maker if they search for that particular date.
Therefore we recommend to always set up relevant season price and only use the base rate for times when these are not available (i.e. for enquiries in the far away).

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Blocking owner's account and wihholding the rent”

Written on: 04/11/2015 by Alyson337 (1 review written)

Do not adverise with them. They wait for you to have a booking to suddenly check your identity. While they do so, the rent is withhold and you have guests staying for free. They ask you for proofs of ID, original pictures and to log into your account when blocked it. they keep asking for other proofs of ID. When you ask them to guide you, they cannot articulate an answer or give you advice. They cannot confirm when the verification will be finalized and you will be approved. So when the rent… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/11/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your account.

Please be assured that we have no intention's to hold payments any longer then necessary and also want to ensure that this will be released accordingly.
Unfortunately we do not have enough information on this review to identify you as a customer so we will send you a private to ask you for further details.

The Holiday Lettings Team

“do not list on holiday lettings, they will cheat you....”

Written on: 04/11/2015 by Matilda269 (1 review written)

after doing business with holiday lettings for the past 4-5 years for differnet properties inPatong Beach, they end up cancelling our account and deleting all our listings,we had one booking to come , they cancelled the account and they reply that "we have considered we were also helping you to get one last booking" do they think we do charity so .... at holiday lettings... so that you know thanks and list on airbnb, much beeter service than holiday lettings … Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.

Please be assured that we wouldn't take properties offline unless instructed by yourself or if we have concerns/complaints regarding accounts which have not been addressed. Unfortunately, we do not have enough information on this review to identify you as a customer, therefore please contact us directly via our contact form or via phone so we can investigate this matter for you further.

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Shambolic site with useless customer support”

Written on: 01/11/2015 by UnfortunateHLcustomer (1 review written)

The transition to TripAdvisor site has been poorly managed with little communication of the problems. Have spent hours talking to customer services. Someone else said they must employ monkeys but I think that is a cruel slur on monkeys. These guys are simply dire. They tell us excitedly that they have listened to customers and built a new dash board that is a real improvement. In reality they have taken away so much functionality, limited scope for adding free text other than one single box… Read Full Review

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction about our service and the platform itself.

The new owner center was developed by our product team, based on feedback we have received from advertisers as well as on extensive market research around the current trends, needs and the competitive market. Parts of the processes are now more automated and in line with each other to make the usability easier, faster and more efficient for advertisers, which ultimately leads to a more positive holiday maker experience (which essentially what generates business for you and us as a company!).
However, we of course also understand that not all changes suit every advertiser and would really like to encourage feedback on the new layout and functionalities.
As this is still work in progress, our product and development teams are very keen for feedback on the new owner center from actual users using the platform on a day to day basis.

Whereas we try to provide each individual advertiser as much exposure as possible, to ensure maximum booking potential, we have further indirect marketing techniques within the website to ensure that travellers stay on our website rather then moving to one of our competitors. Offering further alternatives on the site, is therefore a business decision and aims to maximise the booking conversion on our site and ensure our position within the competitive market.
Having said that, please also remember that your advert will be advertised on other adverts as well, which may generate additional enquries to your property (this works visa versa!).

We also appreciate your feedback in regards to the issues you are experiencing when contacting us. We understand that customers are currently experiencing longer waiting times, due to a high demand in our services with all the current changes and platform migration going on. We are doing our best to manage this and minimise these as much as we can. However, please accept our apologies for the delays you have been experiencing to date.

We hope that you can appreciate the above and we again apologise for the issues you have had with the new owner center and previously received automated responses. We very much appreciate your business and are looking forward to your comments and feedback for improvement (for this, please use the feedback option on the new dashboard).

Unfortunatehlcustomer's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2015

Whilst its good to see someone emerging from the bunker to respond, the message misses the point. The new site is not 'easier, faster and more efficient.' Its the complete opposite. Also getting through to the support centre is only part of the problem because its the quality of the response you get when you do get through that is the real problem. There is no point speeding up the call handling if you get through to someone who either does not have a clue, is not empowered to do anything, passes it to your technical team who ignore it or, as in my case, just hang up on you. You seem to be in denial about these issues. You say you want user feedback, well this site is full of it and your reputation is now in tatters. I don't know what planet the management team are currently on but I hope they didn't book their stay through HL!

“24hrs notice to pay otherwise deposit lost?!”

Written on: 30/10/2015 by heman007 (3 reviews written)

I am absolutely disgusted by the actions of holiday lettings. I booked a place in Florida for a few days all the way back in March. I was under the impression the full price had been paid but apparently I'd only paid an initial deposit! Having returned from a recent business trip today (no access to email) I see I had an email 2 days ago warning that I need to pay the balance otherwise the reservation would be cancelled and deposit lost. Less than 48hrs later and the reservation was… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that your booking cancelled due to the balance payment not being paid within the required time frame.
We appreciate that this is frustrating, however, we do send a total of 3 email reminders prior of the balance due date coming closer. Additionally, the relevant date is communicated to you when you submit your payment and confirming the booking, as well as accessible in the 'manage my holiday booking' section on our website.

In the case of the cancellation, the funds are automatically transferred to the home owner. We would therefore strongly recommend to reach out them directly in order to re-book the holiday, so that the home owner can send you a quote for the remaining balance. Alternatively, they could also apply a discount on the funds already received from your previous booking.

Should you require further assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact us again via our contact form online or via phone.

“RACE TO THE BOTTOM”

Written on: 30/10/2015 by AryanaCoffey (1 review written)

I have two properties with this company and was reasonably happy with the service and business directed from their site however lately I have been trying to get them to correct management response to a positive review which was published incomplete. It was stopped mid paragraph ending in ."......I am under medical supervision". The subsequent sentences would have qualified this sentence and whilst it might seem funny to their ITdepartment to truncate this paragraph, I find it grossly… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/10/2015

Dear Aryana,

Thank you for your review and feedback and we are sorry to learn that you are considering leaving us.
We would also like to apologise for the issues you are experiencing that parts of your management responses have not been posted.
In order to get further details on your account, we will send you a direct message to confirm these so we can assist you further.

“Beware Damage Deposits”

Written on: 22/10/2015

As both an HL guest and past property owner, I am disgusted by the company's policies with regard to managing client monies. They offer a fully managed service for bookings in which they collect and manage rental fees and any damage deposits that property owners wish to apply. The service is intended to offer both the property owner and guest complete financial security, however, when it comes to claiming a refund - beware. The HL terms and conditions claim that they will refund damage deposits… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2015

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received your damage deposit back.
Please note that it may take 3-5 working days for the funds to reach your accounts and that with some credit card providers, the credited amount may not appear in your statements until the following month.
However, in order to assist you further, we will send you a direct message so we can collect a few more details from you.

“Massive deterioration ”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by Barbara135 (1 review written)

I advertise a property in wales, my hits are way down and reduction in inquiries. Have discovered when you search for property in my region, HL IS AT BOTTOM OF Google page. Trip advisor not much better. It seems now that trip advisor is running the show, there is no investment in UK properties. Like others, I also have had problems with my property not appearing in search results and miscalculation of the average night price I am moving elsewhere to advertise. However, this now means starting… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/10/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with our websites.
Please be assured that there is no preferential treatment for a particular region or location and that all properties are shown competitively depending on the number of adverts withing that location.
However, we of course do not want your prices to be calculated incorrectly. Please kindly get in touch with us (via phone or our contact form) so we can look into this for you.

“going down fast...”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by andreamos (1 review written)

i have been advertising with HL for over 10yrs. since they made changes and became part of Tripadvisor they seem to have lost their way. Customer services do not listen to the problem you have but ramble on about what you are not needing to know. I questioned the workings of their commission. I was informed it was 3% - a very fair price to pay. However, when clients enquire and request you consider accepting less money it does not adjust the final amount of commission paid . therefore if the… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to learn that you have recently not been happy with the functionalities of our website.
You are right in quoting that we charge 3% commission on each booking which goes through our platform which is always taken from the overall rental cost.
Unfortunately, this does not take the discount into consideration and will be calculated from the original price. Therefore we would suggest, that instead of manually adding the discount before you send the quote, you could manually amend the overall price quoted to the guest. Subsequently the 3% will be calculated based on that amended price.

We hope this clarifies the issue regarding your discounted pricing.

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Worst Service Ever from Holiday Lettings and Tripadviser”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by ykWard457 (1 review written)

I can not get into my TripAdviser account after after getting into HL account. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I have sent a few emails to staff and I must say I have got replies. However the replies are not helpful in that their instructions don't work. I keep getting the same old instructions on how to get in and keep having to tell them that it doesn't work. I eventually found an HL complaints site - marvelous, other people are having the same problem. So why the dishonesty? It's… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you have experienced so many issues logging into your account. Please also accept our apologies, should our email responses not have been helpful or haven't addressed your issue. Unfortunately, we do not have enough information on this review to identify you as a customer but we will send you a direct message to assist you further.
However, due to the migration to the new owner centre, we have been experiencing a few issues we can only apologise for. However, these have now been fixed and you should be able to log in.

Bannservices's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2015

I have two properties with this company for a number of years and was reasonably happy with the services, now and again I had to phone to get reviews posted, 10 emails one time to explain method of address configuration ( Paddington is part of London not the other way round) this was eventually resolved. However lately a fault reported to IT 30 days ago is still live and has left an embarrassing incomplete management response on my webpage. From other reviews on various sites it would appear that Holidaylettings are going downhill pretty fast.

“Going downhill fast”

Written on: 15/10/2015 by Fitzsimmons361 (1 review written)

I have been using Holiday lettings to advertise my cottage for many years and I am struggling to find a reason to carry on next year. There has been problems with my property not appearing on the site, other properties getting preferential treatment for some unknown reason keeping mine down the pecking order(probably to do with not using Pay-pal) no contact details making it very difficult to contact anyone. It does seem that things have deteriorated in the last year, they really need to get… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/10/2015

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we are sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with our services recently.
Please be assured that we do not provide any preferential treatment to particular adverts and show all adverts within our rotating search result pages.
This is affected by several credentials such as your response rate, number of reviews and calendar updates.
However, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues locating the listing on our website. In order to assist you further, please kindly get in touch with us so we can investigate this for you!

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Customer Service degrading rapidly”

Written on: 14/10/2015 by 157Dudley (1 review written)

Have had a listing on Holiday lettings for 4yrs. They are great in generating rentals. However, when there are problems with listings or search it is becoming increasingly difficult to get it rectified. Unlike several years ago, there is no email address to contact them. When you call, there is no choice in their automated system for problems with listings (although I have to do this every few months, so I assume it's a regular occurrence.) Now it seems they have contracted customer… Read Full Review

Dear Advertiser,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties contacting us.
We appreciate that there is no direct email address, however you can contact us via our contact form in the FAQ pages.
Unfortunately, we do not have enough information on this review in order to identify you as a customer so we will send you a direct message in order to assist you further with your listing.

Doingitmyself's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2015

Unlike my other websites, there is no Contact Us link. But thanks for mentioning the FAQ pages. Once there I was able to do some searching and eventually ended up with a contact link.

Doingitmyself's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2015

So I found the form for submitting contact on line. Unfortunately, when I try to send the form, it doesn't go.

See what I mean?

“No show”

Written on: 08/10/2015 by Sofiap12 (1 review written)

My properties don't show up on the site, I have paid up front and the only time they show up is when I call Holiday lettings then they disappear again. Ripped Off! recommend to avoid… also good at apologising and avoiding confrontation but lack ability to resolve problems is frustrating!… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/10/2015

Dear Advertiser,

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing trouble locating your advert in our search result pages.
This is generally down to certain filters in the search or different settings in your account (i.e. pricing table, minimum stays or change over days).
Alternatively, this may also be in relation to your browser and internet data such as caches, cookies and temporary internet files.
However, should the issue persist despite reviewing the above, please do get in touch so we can investigate this matter further.

holidaylettings.co.uk