Holiday Lettings Reviews - www.holidaylettings.co.uk

1230

Description (provided by business)

Holiday Lettings lets you search for, enquire about or list holiday villas, holiday cottages and apartments around the world. We connect holiday home owners and property managers with millions of holidaymakers every year. Today we’re owned by TripAdvisor - the world’s largest travel community. But we’ve been around since 1999 and know the holiday lets market inside out. Renting apartments, cottages or villas is more popular than ever as travellers look for more unique and personalised travel experiences.
Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

“Still waiting for a reply,!!!”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by Benito6 (1 review written)

Holiday Lettings must be getting fed up with me now, I know I have had enough. I rang them again on Monday from Spain, explained to the advisor that I want to cancel Online Payment Protection after 3 emails and no reply. She assured me that I would get a phone call the next day but have heard nothing. Can somebody please explain to me as when I speak to the advisors I find it very hard to understand them. Am I allowed to have the Online Payment Protectiin stamp on my adverts but not use the… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/05/2015

Thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear of the issues you have had contacting us and for any delay in replying.
Regarding Online Booking you cannot cancel this and keep the payment protection sticker on your advert if you have a Paid Listing
You can use both Online Booking and take direct payments and keep the sticker. I will contact you directly to advise further. Thanks again for the review. The Holiday Lettings Team.

Written on: 13/05/2015

Thank you for your response.
So to reiterate I can keep the Online Payment Protection sticker on my adverts but choose to take my payments as I please, so if somebody enquires and clicks on get price and book I can decline the booking and let them know my payment method and obviously it is their choice if they wish to go ahead with the booking.
Yesterday somebody enquired about one of my apartments, they clicked on get price and book, I declined the booking but you still took the deposit from her, why did this happen if I declined the booking.

Written on: 15/05/2015

Thank you for your response.

That is indeed the way it works. The guest was not charged however, the amount was just pre-authorised on their account and will be released back within the next few days.
The guests are informed at the time of sending the booking request / receiving cancellation that they have not been charged.

Please visit our Help pages where you can find more information.

Many thanks,

Holiday Lettings Team

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Have not got my deposit back!”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by Cvetelina (1 review written)

It has been 9 months since we came back from Our holiday in Sunny Bay, Sunny Beach in Bulgaria booked through Holiday lettings and we still have not got the deposit back. I have been informed by Hol. Lettings that the owner is responsible to pay it back. We have been waiting 9 MONTHS! She finds defferent reasons not to send us the Money. The last thing was that she had sent a cheque, but we hav not got any cheque! I have called Holiday Lettings MANY times and they call the owner but still… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/05/2015

Thanks for the review. We are very sorry to hear that your damage deposit has not been refunded 9 months after your stay. If you booked and paid your first deposit before June 18th 2014, the damage deposit was sent to the owner to refund you. We will get in contact with you directly to help you further in the matter and assist you in resolving this.

“Total Frustration”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by Pennylou1 (1 review written)

i am totally dissatisfied with Holiday Lettings as an owner of 4 properties that I advertise, particularly over the last few months, since the website has been changed. I have made numerous phone calls to them from Spain to England, each time being kept on the line then being passed onto advisors that I could not understand. At one point none of my properties were showing on the website, some days they are, some days they aren't, My properties have been on the last page for at least a… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

We are very sorry to hear that you feel the recent updates on Holiday Lettings have got a negative effect on your account. We would also like to apologise for the level of service that you have received so far. This has been addressed already and further training will be done with our agents to ensure that we offer highest quality Customer Service as this has always been our aim.

We would like to get in touch with you and discuss your feedback further so we will be in touch with you directly shortly. I would like to reassure you that any changes made on the website or owner platform are done in response to feedback from owners and guests and our only aim is to improve the experience for both.

Best wishes,

The Holiday Lettings Team

Expatinmallorca's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

To Holidaylettings

As you can see, I have commented on Pennylous comments. I have a fantastic holiday let, 5* trip advisor rated. I work hard to keep this and at one time sold Holiday lets to all of my clients on the basis of a fantastic service, lots of marketing and good advertising. I was booked up so quickly each year with no problems. Now, I call the call centre, they can barely understand me, I cannot contact clients direct because of the changes. I have to wait months to receive rental income. You dont send enquires by email or text anymore and now I have just had to reduce the price of rentals in order to fill up at a late date as it is clear that holiday lettings no longer have the capability to market my property effectively or give the good service they used to provide. So unhappy this year. As a real estate agent and mortgage broker, I will no longer be referring clients to you as I have lost so much money this year as a result of the changes you have made. I live in Mallorca and speaking with everyone I know who has rentals, they will all be doing the same.

Written on: 08/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. This is not the experience we would like you to have using our website. Could you kindly contact us through our contact form and mention your comment on Review Centre so that we can further assist you?

Many thanks,

The Holiday Lettings Team.

Written on: 12/05/2015

It is now 12 days since I wrote this review and I am still waiting for my phone call, absolutely ridiculous.

Farmideas's Response to Pennylou1's Review

Written on: 18/05/2015

I agree with you. Have been with holidaylettings for 10 years and it was small but good, larger and excellent, and now huge and very poor. My bookings this year are so low as to be worrying, yet the properties have been improved and I've reduced the prices 20%. The problems I have encountered are:

1. properties in the area of mine misdescribed and wrongly located on map - informed holidaylettings by email, no reply
2. properties always a long way down a long list, and all the ones at the top are Free Listings paying commission.
3. Spotlight seems to have a long list as well, so not very effective
4. Paypal fees much higher than other methods of payment. Holidaylettings doubtless take a well-earned commission
5. Encouragement for viewers to move to another property - if this isn't what you're looking for" message. Doesn't help
6. Website design not friendly to customer. EG: reconciling the calendar with the bookings; reconciling standard letters with replies; attaching files - not possible when sending a quote (why not?); little to differenciate 2016 enquiries with 2015, causing problems this year.
7. Help line goes to Phillipines or India. No doubt saving HL salaries, and the girls do their best, but how much training are they provided?
8. Emails just ignored.
9. The company has changed from being an advertising medium - you place the ad and respond to enquiries, to a supplier of holidays, where they take the payment, a fee from the owner. The regulations for holidays are very different to an advertiser. I suspect they will soon be caught out over insurances, ABTA membership of something. This is worrying for the renter.
10. The business model has changed and there are fewer enquirers and more properties whilst before the ratio worked well. Also, given their size, I see no evidence of advertising, despite their huge income.

Written on: 19/05/2015

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to publish this comment.

We encourage and value our customers' feedback and would be happy to discuss all of these points directly with you. Please provide us with your property number so that we can contact you and address your concerns and frustrations.

Please note that as any other growing business, we have changed over the years and any changes applied on our platform and site have been carefully researched and tested in order to ensure that the results are positive and beneficial for all parties.

We are looking forward to speaking to you.

Kind regards,
The Holiday Lettings team

Benito6's reply to Farmideas's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2015

Hi Farmidea,

You are confirming everything that I have been complaining about for the last few weeks, never had a reason to complain for the last 6 years, thought I was the only one until I started reading all the reviews, it has been a right eye opener. I have chosen to exclude Online Payment Protection from my adverts, I think my reviews for last 6 years will speak for themselves and my clients will not be incurring extortionate additional fees. Totally fed up with it all but when you try to get a straight answer from them you get a robotic reply.

Ellie501's Response to Pennylou1's Review

Written on: 14/05/2015

I totally agree with the author of this post. Enquiries are becomes fewer and far between, and as stated above our advertisement frequently does not appear in searches.
Furthermore, if we get an enquiry and use the system to send a quote , inevitably the potential guest cancels as the Booking Fees levied by Holiday Lettings are extortionate and unreasonable in my opinion, given that they are already taking a commission from the owner.
Holiday Lettings also state that their contract supersedes any terms and conditions in any contract supplied by the owner, so it would appear that they are acting as a tour operator /agent rather than an advertising portal for holiday accommodation without the backing of ABTA .
Depending on whether the owner opts for the paid advert or the commission based system with the payment protection , seems to impact on the rotation of the advert as the previous poster suggested.
Most property owners are committed to providing an excellent service, and will provide a contract., contact details/phone numbers and will encourage potential guests to get in touch before parting with any money. Their success is based on their reputation.
Recent changes since the incorporation into Trip Advisor are not doing Holiday Lettings any favours , and judging from the posts on this site , are problematic for owners and holiday guests alike .

Benito6's Response to Pennylou1's Review

Written on: 12/05/2015

I am now at my wits end. I phoned Holiday Lettings yesterday after sending 3 emails with no reply asking them to cancel Online Payment Protection which I have been trying to do for 2 weeks. I was assured by the advisor that I would get a phone call today, as yet no phone call.
I had an enquiry yesterday and unfortunately the client came through the Online payment section and as I am trying to cancel it I declined her enquiry but Holiday Lettings took her deposit. I thought they were meant to take the deposit once the owner had accepted the booking.
I can now understand why I have not been receiving any enquiries, clients are obviously booking elsewhere.

Benito6's Response to Pennylou1's Review

Written on: 08/05/2015

I am still waiting for somebody to contact me, NOT SURPRISED. I have just phoned HL again from Spain and once again I was asked to wait on the line and the incompetent advisor kept me holding on for 5 minutes until I put the phone down again.
I have been reading HL reviews and cannot believe the amount of complaints from other owners that are complaining about the same problems I have noticed over last few months namely receiving no enquiries, adverts constantly on last pages, adverts not even appearing some days. I have just read that clients opting for free listing paying commission to HL for every booking they receive are the ones on the prime pages, not us idiots that pay £400 a year to advertise.

I have sent HL 3 emails asking them how I can cancel Online Payment Protection on my adverts but have had no reply.

PLEASE can somebody in authority ring me as promised.

HL seriously need to reconsider their changes, I believe they are going to lose so many customers. I advertise 4 properties and unless I see any changes soon will not be advertising with them any longer.

Benito6's reply to Benito6's Comment

Sorry for confusion but Benito6 is Pennylou1', had problems logging in

Benito6's reply to Benito6's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2015

My home number is 75013 thank you

Written on: 09/05/2015

Hello,

We are very sorry to learn this. In order to be able to contact you we will need some details to locate your account. Please kindly provide us with your home ID so that we can locate your account and get in touch with you promptly.

Thanks,
The Holiday Lettings Team.

Written on: 11/05/2015

I have given you my home number but still nobody has contacted me.

Expatinmallorca's Response to Pennylou1's Review

Hi Pennylou

I couldn´t agree more with your comments. I have lost income, no enquires and prior to the changes, I too was a delighted customer happy to pay the fee for the Premium product. This year I have updated my owners direct profile to the global homeaway option. NO ENQUIRIES!!! LACK OF BOOKINGS, BAD REVIEWS FROM A CUSTOMER POINT OF VIEW AS WELL.

Why have they destroyed what was a great business. After this year, I will be taking my business away. I live in Mallorca and I work with a lot of clients who rent out properties, all of whom are saying exactly the same. Some needs to shake the company up and bring back the great product they once offered.

Very unhappy Holiday lettings customer.

Whaththefuch's reply to Expatinmallorca's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2015

I too can endorse this holiday owners comments. I rent 3 holiday homes. The customer support is poor and I struggle to understand them or make myself understood. They have increased their charges ( without telling me) to the point where I send out numerous quotes which are not taken up. They refuse to recognise we are both losing business. They are destroying what was a healthy business.

Benito6's reply to Whaththefuch's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2015

The website is a total shambles. I have been advertising 4 properties for 6 years with no complaints at all, do you think it has deteriorated since it has been taken over by trip advisor or the introduction of Online Payment Protection.? I have now opted to cancel Online Payment Protection but expect my apartments to end up on the last pages as before.

Report this review Read 17 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Terrible customer services”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by krappyrubsnif (1 review written)

This used to be a good company, but unfortunately now Holiday Lettings has turned into a nightmare sod-the-customer operation, with very little respect for its client base. This probably reflects corporate takeover by TripAdvisor. I have used it to let a property (owner, not holiday-hunter) for a few years and it worked OK - but never again. From the point of view of an owner, the customer services are now terrible, the website awful and the helpfulness of staff zilch. It's impossible to… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/04/2015

Hello,

We are very sorry to learn about your experience. Please note that evolution has brought some changes to the website, this has been actioned to increase the exposure for our advertisers and not the opposite, hence we are sincerely sorry to learn this has not been the case for you. Please allow me to inform you that we do monitor our service levels to be able to improve daily for our customers, we would like to be able to further help you on this issue and make you feel as the appreciated customer you are for us.
We are getting in touch with you directly to further assist and we really hope we will be able to resolve this situation for you and provide you with the satisfactory service that as our customer you deserve.

The Holiday Lettings team.

Whaththefuch's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2015

I sense HL are missing the point - yes we want to have effective communications with people who understand us and whom we understand BUT MOST OF ALL WE WANT TO RENT TIME TO OUR CLIENTs! Sending out quotes that now have excessive charges added to them is meaningless. 13% charge has killed off my business and seemingly others too - and this after decreasing my rates by 10% !!! HL continue to state that they are monitoring the situation but with such poor views expressed here one can only come to the conclusion that they need to turn off the business ( your business) as a means of managing the demand on their website.

Whaththefuch's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2015

“I booked a holiday home with holidaylettings.co.uk on...”

Written on: 23/04/2015 by brendacmallon (1 review written)

I booked a holiday home with holidaylettings.co.uk on 22/4/15 i paid a deposit of 225 which was taken frm my account the holiday was declined.i want my money back so i can book else where but holidaylettings r saying it can take up 2 a week for refund.i think this is disgusting customer service as i hav 2 wait before i can get elsewhere and by that time i wil not get anywhere suitable.NOT HAPPY… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

We're sorry to hear your booking has been declined by the owner.

When you make a booking request, your payment is simply held by the bank until the owner is ready to accept it. In this case, the owner declined the booking request so we’ve told the bank to release your payment.

It may take your bank up to a week to stop holding the pre-authorised payment, but often happens much sooner. You can use your confirmation email about the declined booking as proof.

We'll get a member of our team to give you a ring - if your bank needs further information to release the pre-authorised amount we can provide this for you and help you book another property for your holiday.

“Villa Perfect- Holiday lettings AWFUL company”

Written on: 22/04/2015 by Abramk21 (1 review written)

The Villa we rented was beautiful - the people amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. Holiday rentals not so much. Hidden charges and denying me my deposit despite the property owner saying there were no problems. When I asked how to move it forward as all agreed that I should have my deposit, but none wanted to pay it. Holiday Lettings said " It's nothing to do with us". "You need to deal with it yourself". Thanks for less than nothing - would never use again… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

Thank you for your feedback. This is absolutely not the kind of experience we want you to have. We pride ourselves on supportive customer service and apologise sincerely if this was not delivered. We will contact you directly to obtain some further details so we can arrange for a member of the Customer Relations Team to contact you to resolve this.

“Home From Home ”

Written on: 22/04/2015 by J.Allison (1 review written)

We stayed in Luz De Alomardi last year for 4 weeks last summer. The apartment is clean,spacious and has lots of home comforts, UK tv being a favourite with the kids. The pool area on the roof is excellent,there are 2 pools and space for kids to play. There is also a private patio area for sunbathing, having lunch etc and there is a BBQ area. The owner is extremely helpful and is always quick to respond to emails and texts. We had such a good time last year we've booked again for this summer… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2015

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are very happy to hear of your wonderful experience. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of any assistance and hope you book with us again in the near future.

The HolidayLettings Team

“WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!”

Written on: 12/04/2015 by izzieb (7 reviews written)

I booked at through this dreadful company for a beach house let called Clach Mhor in Lendalfoot near Girvan. It cost me £390 for three nights. We arrived and it was a disaster from the start. Told by owner it would be completely secluded and we would be undisturbed. There were nosy people from cabins and caravans all over the place, dogs growling and coming into the garden as it was unfenced. Hot tub was too high to get into and no steps so couldn't use. House had a cold eerie vibe and Buddhas… Read Full Review

Dear Isobel ,
We will get in touch with you tomorrow and discuss these issues further so that we can assist you in the communication with the owner and investigate the situation. I have also sent you an email directly through our system to confirm the above.

Please expect our call tomorrow.

Best wishes,

The Holiday Lettings Team

“Terrible, please dont book with them!!”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by Leyla395 (1 review written)

We had booked a holiday cottage for a few days break, at the time of booking the property was advertised in a certain area. During the booking the property address changed!! We then tried to cancel due to false advertising and thought under the peace of mind guarantee this would be fairly straight forward, especially with evidence the property had changed address. This was far from straight forward with Holiday Lettings being determined to keep our money! A lot of stress and being fobbed off by… Read Full Review

Hi Leyla,
We will get in contact with you privately so we can request some more details to help you.

Best Wishes,

The HolidayLettings Team

“No reservation but took our money!”

Written on: 27/03/2015 by Rachelbug40 (1 review written)

We booked online and paid in full. We received a confirmation immediately, and the money for our week-long vacation was taken directly out of our Paypal account. Within 30 minutes our reservation was cancelled. We are now at the end of 4 days asking for a refund. The money temporarily showed up for a few hours in our account at the end of 3 days and shows refunded in our Paypal account, but we have NO MONEY REFUNDED!!!!!! As of now our $1,200 is GONE, and no one will answer my e-mails. Because… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/04/2015

Hi, thanks for getting in touch, apologies for the delay in responding.

We are very sorry to hear of this.

Can you provide us with your booking reference number and we will get an agent to get in contact we you. We look forward to resolving this

Many Thanks
The HolidayLettings Team

“Incompetent and uncaring staff”

Written on: 15/03/2015 by Ryancz228 (1 review written)

The company do not bother to reply to emails, you have to queue for ages to get through to someone, who barely understands you and certainly doesn't care! Washes their hands of any help regarding bookings made by someone advertising on their website that wasn't booked through secure book - not interested in even trying to help to provide details to you that may assist the police when reported ! Stick to proper travel agents!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/04/2015

Hi, Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear of the issues encountered, we are bound by data protection laws as to what information we can give out. If the issue is still unresolved please kindly get back to us with your booking reference number and we will get an agent to get in touch. Best Wishes, The HolidayLettings Team.

“Duplicate property detail”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by Fullervk6 (1 review written)

Having used h/l for some 8 years. This year found someone had copied and pasted our villa photos and details on to another villa name. H/l dont really wont to know, yes they removed the advert but will give no details of how or who. Will give no explanation of how when or who. There service is rubbish, make it hard to obtain a email address and phone number is never displayed… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately in these cases we are unable to provide the details of the person at fault due to Data Protection concerns. We are happy to discuss this matter further with you if you wish. Please provide us with your home ID and a member of our Customer Relations team will contact you directly.

Drudge's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2015

Have emailed and tried discussed with your team over the last two months.
All i get is a standard reply,all i get is awaiting the owner to reply... I AM THE OWNER.

48775/ 29551

Written on: 25/02/2015

Thank you very much for the information. A member of our team will review and we will get in touch with you very soon.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Quick and easy”

Written on: 10/02/2015

First time I had used holiday lettings to book a cottage and was very impressed. Plenty of choice, easy to use website and plenty of information. Booking process was easy and clear too. Would definitely use again… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are happy to hear of your wonderful experience. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of any assistance

“aabsolutley awful”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by BelenJimenez4 (1 review written)

Booked and cancelled a weekend with this lot and lost £446!! NEVER EVER EVER USE THEM THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY STINKS!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

Hello, we understand why you’re unimpressed. We would love to discuss the experience you had. If you wish to discuss this further please provide us with your booking reference.

“Wow”

Written on: 25/01/2015 by Maryherb (1 review written)

We stayed at El Montecillo, a B&B, near Ronda Spain, Jan 7-13 2015. The owners are a delight and the house and setting outstanding. We ate many dinners there and would recommend you do the same. They were delicious. This is a find!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

“Great, effortless and efficient”

Written on: 23/01/2015 by MikeAlmond (1 review written)

They were easy to use and the properties were amazing. It was a seamless experience that I would highly recommend… Read Full Review

“Melbourne holiday ”

Written on: 22/01/2015

Booked a lovely apartment with holiday Lettings with full facilities swimming pool gym and free car parking space at a much higher price than others with no facilities to be told after they received my full payment that the apartment I had booked was no longer available and I ended up in apartment with no view no swimming pool no gym or parking space when I emailed to complain I was offered one nights discount which I considered was not enough looking at apartments with no facilities and what… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

Hello, we understand why you’re unimpressed. That sounds like a terrible experience and we’d like to apologise. Please could you share your booking reference with us so we can take this up with the owner in question?

“stress and hassle free booking”

Written on: 16/01/2015

first time using Holiday Lettings and found this to be a very positive experience,a very prompt response and very easy to deal with. Our apartment was exactly as advertised with all the amenities. staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. the location was perfect and we will be returning. having a very good restaurant and a great bar on the complex was a lovely plus. The pool areas were very clean and plenty room for all. Nothing negative to say… Read Full Review

“EXCELLENT SPOT”

Written on: 14/01/2015 by chas01 (1 review written)

A super position to enjoy delightful St Ives. The flat was ideally situated overlooking the harbour. The shops were very close nearby. Initially it was difficult to find, but we easily unloaded the car and found parking ten minutes walk away. Everything we needed was in the flat. It would benefit from a women's touch though and we hope it gets it before we visit again this coming summer… Read Full Review

“Great time”

Written on: 12/01/2015 by 270Phillips (1 review written)

Hi, I would just like to say we had the best time. People where so friendly nothing was too much trouble, the cottage was spotless their views where fantastic the pool was good fun, and I would not hesitate to recommend this place. But I would like to keep it to myself, bought my sister my mother and my brother are definitely going Next year. I wish I'd kept it to myself. Lol… Read Full Review

holidaylettings.co.uk