Holiday Lettings Reviews - www.holidaylettings.co.uk

1278

Description (provided by business)

Holiday Lettings lets you search for, enquire about or list holiday villas, holiday cottages and apartments around the world. We connect holiday home owners and property managers with millions of holidaymakers every year. Today we’re owned by TripAdvisor - the world’s largest travel community. But we’ve been around since 1999 and know the holiday lets market inside out. Renting apartments, cottages or villas is more popular than ever as travellers look for more unique and personalised travel experiences.
Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Holiday Lettings www.holidaylettings.co.uk

“IT WAS A FILTY MISREPRESENTED DIRTHOLE”

Written on: 25/07/2015 by outdoorjim (1 review written)

My wife and I rented "THE OLD TOWN RETREAT" in Edinburgh from July 1st until July 13th.What we got was a far cry from the photos we saw.Ashlie needs to upgrade her photos.AND GIVE HER UNIT A DEEP CLEAN!!!It was the filthiest place I have ever spent time in...and we had to stay there almost 2 weeks.The unit itself was totally misrepresented.You see apples and give oranges...NOT FAIR TO ANYONE WHO RENTS IT.I intend to use every legal avenue to attempt some percentage of recompence.I will never… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/07/2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

We are sorry to hear that the property did not meet your expectations. Here at Holiday lettings we strive on creating a positive booking atmosphere and apologise if this was not the case with your booking.

We act solely as and advertising platform for independent owners or advertisers to rent their properties, the booking contract is with you and the owner. We would highly recommend leaving a review on the actual advert you booked through so that other holiday makers understand your experience at the property.

We will be in touch directly to assist you on the matter.

Best Wishes,

“Lamarsalle Est”

Written on: 14/07/2015 by Alan65 (1 review written)

First time booking through Holiday Lettings and process was smooth and simple. Dates selected and confirmed and costs transparent. Deposit paid and balance paid upon receipt of email reminder. Gite facilities as described - excellent and fully equipped. Owner very helpful at all times… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your fantastic review!
We are delighted to hear that the booking process was simply and straight forward and that you had a great time on your holiday.
We hope to see you soon to plan your next trip!

“Very easy”

Written on: 13/07/2015 by Vrocky (1 review written)

I had no problems booking a property on this site. I found the perfect property in the location that I wanted and at a very good price. I was able to contact the owner for further info which was very helpful. Paying for the property was easy and quick. I would and have recommended this site to lots of friends… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/07/2015

Hi,

Thank you for this fantastic review! We are happy to hear that you have found the perfect property for you stay.
We wish you a wonderful holiday and great time at your vacation rental!

“Untrustworthy and incompetent!”

Written on: 13/07/2015 by JettDunlap1994 (1 review written)

The apartment in Barcelona was advertised on Tripadvisor and could be booked through Holiday Lettings which is part of Tripadvisor I researched the advertiser of the apartment on trip adviser, holiday lettings,& Flipkey and felt confident that the advertiser was legitimate; they had been members for a number of years, had multiple apartments advertised in different buildings, had good reviews and good response rates. I contacted the advertiser via email through holiday lettings and received… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are really sorry to hear what has happened and that your booking was subject to a compromised email account. Please be assured that if this is brought to our attention, we will do our best to avoid this from happening in the future. We ensure that the advertiser changes their account details and contact all other holiday makers who have enquired to ensure that all are legitimate bookings. In regards to your payment, we cannot express how sorry we are to learn that you were unable to recover these. We encourage guests to only make payments through our secure payment platform and try to communicate this as clearly as possible as only then we are able to protect your payment.

We hope you were still able to enjoy your holiday in the new accommodation you have found for your stay!

Marianrental's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2015

All lies from HolidayLettings
I can know we are a agent with a turnover from 30.000 euro a year by holidayletting but will stop working with them.

“Don't use Holiday Lettings.”

Written on: 10/07/2015 by Murrae (1 review written)

8 days after our deposit was due to be refunded, Holiday lettings notified us that the landlord requested retention of damage deposit. We offered to provide evidence that proved that the damage was pre-existing and showed them correspondence that we had sent to the landlord setting out how damage was pre-existing to our arrival and due to poor condition of furnishings. They ignored these e-mails, couldn't answer the questions when I called repeatedly and disconnected my call (having been on… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2015

Dear Murrae,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us review.
We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with the advertiser regarding your damage deposit.
We hold on to the funds to make the process more secure and to avoid delays as in the past we have spent a significant amount of time chasing after these. In this case the owner has provided us with sufficient evidence in which case we are unable to hold the funds any longer. As an advertising platform, we still rely on advertisers to manage their bookings themselves, which includes the damage deposit. However, if you continue having issues coming to an amicable resolution with the owner, we are more then happy to assist you in the communication with them.

Murrae's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2015

Dear holiday lettings

Sufficient evidence, in your view, is the owners photographic evidence. We, however, also have photographic evidence, taken on the day of our arrival, which shows that the so-called damage was pre-existing to our arrival.

As you have not taken this evidence into consideration prior to returning our money to the owner and are not acknowledging your bias, we have no option but to lodge a complaint with trading standards whilst alerting watchdog to your practice.

We encourage all people who have had a similar experience to do the same.

“Where have all the reviews gone?”

Written on: 01/07/2015

Where have all the last 1200 reviews gone? Have HL removed them as there were so many negative ones or is it something to do with the sudden flood of positive ones over 2 or 3 days after weeks of negative ones? I have scored one star (because no stars isn't possible) after my experience with HL around the impossibility contacting them and the cavalier approach to holding on to holidaymakers money. In addition they make it impossible to have a chat with the home owner until after you have paid… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/07/2015

Dear Advertiser,
Thank you for your review!
We are sorry to learn that you have been experiencing so many issues with the reviews on your advert. Generally, we wouldn't delete any reviews from your advert, regardless of what the score on them is. We will send you a direct message for some further information so we can look into this for you and find out why these are no longer appearing.

In regards to the communication with prospective holiday makers, we do provide the option to send messages between each other to clear any questions the guest might have. Should you maybe prefer a more personal approach, may we suggest to look at our annual subscription? This allows you to call or email the guest directly, right from the first contact! If you would like some further information on this payment model, just let us know or give us call!

Stuffedbyhl's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2015

Its the reviews about Holiday Lettings that were posted on this web site I was referring to, sadly I have not 1200 reviews. I was also referring to the sudden mass posting of hundreds of glowing reviews over a few days for weeks and months of negative ones. I thought these might have been similar to those being investigated by the BBC into the ability to "buy" blocks of favourable reviews.

Written on: 05/07/2015

Thank you for your comment.

Review Centre are responsible for any reviews that have been removed or may not be showing currently on this site.

We also have the right to invite our customers to leave a review regardless of whether it is negative or positive, we use this so we can understand how people rate us as a company so that we may improve our service levels, our website and to take on feedback.

It would most definitely not be within our interest to have fake reviews about our website.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Keeps your cash even when booking is declined”

Written on: 28/06/2015 by Stella382 (1 review written)

I booked through this site, as I presumed it would be hassle free.... How wrong I was. Took my payment for a cottage, then I got an e-mail saying " sorry, it isn't actually available". Not ideal, but not the end of the world. However I then found out that they were going to keep my money for at least a week. Spoke to my bank and they have said there is nothing they can do apart from wait for Holiday lettings to release the money. I can't book elsewhere until I get my refund, because I don't… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/06/2015

Hi Stella382,

Thanks for the review.

We are sorry to hear that your booking was not accepted.

If you have sent a booking request where-by you have entered your payment details and submitted a request to the owner to approve or reject, we only collect the funds once your booking has been confirmed by the owner.

It sounds like you are describing pre-authorisation. When you send a booking request and enter your payment details we pre-authorise the funds. We send a request to your bank to ensure you have enough funds to complete the transaction.

Your payment provider then holds them funds in a pending account, if your booking request is accepted we call the pre-authorised funds, if they do not accept it we do not collect the funds, it is down to your provider as to how long they then take to return to the funds to your account.

If your issue has not been resolved please contact us via the contact form and we are happy to see if we can assist you further.

Best Wishes,

“Advertising on HL”

Written on: 26/06/2015 by EllenMorrow (1 review written)

I advertise over 60 cottages on HL and TA and would not recommend anyone else doing the same. I would be happy to provide details as to why to anyone who wants to contact me… Read Full Review

Dear EllenMorrow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are sorry to learn that you are not happy with your adverts on our website. We will be in touch directly so that we can learn the reasons for this and further assist you.

Val286's Comment

Hi
I only advertise 1 property and it is a total nightmare, the old system was much better, I doubt very much whether holiday lettings would let owners / advertisers talk to each other, but I am losing bookings fast, the fee they take is unbelievable, and you can,t give a customer a reduced quote for an off season, as the only quote is THEIR quote...
I am not happy at all, thinking of returning to owners direct !!!!

Val286's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2015

I too am not happy, it is a total nightmare in every way.....going to move over to owners direct

“Holds your cash for a week!”

Written on: 23/06/2015 by Xzavier500 (1 review written)

Extremely unhappy that when I made a booking money was effectively arrested out of my bank account and won't be returned for 7 days even though the owner declined my booking! I am now unable to book any where else as I don't have the cash in my account. I called my bank and they claim their is nothing they can do until holiday lettings release the cash back to them. Called holiday lettings who state they can't send my back the fax they need to release my cash and I simply have to wait for 7… Read Full Review

Dear Xzavier500,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction. We do not have access to the funds of your payment unless the advertiser accepts your booking request. We have found that some banks have a policy to retain the funds for some time when a payment pre-authorization has been given. We will be very happy to provide you with further documentation that can help you resolve this situation with your bank. We do apologize if you have not received this on your previous contact. We are contacting you directly to further help on this matter.

The Holiday Lettings Team.

“POOR INFORMATION AND RESPECT !”

Written on: 20/06/2015 by homespiritu (1 review written)

Dear Sirs, we really are not happy with Holiday Letting service, since : a) in October/November we started thinking of working with HL, based on HL fee of 6% + 3% for credit card/payment charge, and on the good reservation level reported by other agents. b) After inserting all our advertisements and by the time we set them on-line, we realised that HL was charging 10% + 3%, without any prior notice or information. When we complained about this situation , we were told that HL was starting… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with some of the changes to our processing fees. We appreciate, that when you first signed up the booking fee was still at 6%. However, we are now charging a variable booking fee which can fluctuate between 5% to 15% per booking. These fees cover the running of the site, providing Payment Protection and evolving our industry leading fraud prevention methods.

Should this in any way affect the conversion or number of bookings coming through our website, our product teams will review this again to investigate whether this needs to be changed again.

We really appreciate your feedback and will pass this to our product department accordingly.

Kind regards,

Val286's reply to Holidaylettings's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2015

What industry leading fraud prevention methods would that be then ??? Just the simple fact that you only pay the owners when the guest has been in the property 48 hours should be enough, and this was to me a good point, but the disadvantage outweighs the benefits in my view, we were forced in to the new scheme as because we wanted to keep it the old way, where we could put our own price on the property and talk to guests before they book, but we ended up down at the very bottom of the villa list, and we're told by HL that the only way to go up the list was to join their new scheme,,,, well done HL, you are slowly destroying my villa rentals ,,,, you even hijacked the emails of people that booked previously and would not let me talk to them, causing untold worry to the guest who was trying to get his security deposit from me,,,for information, HL applies it,s own suffix to ALL of your guests even the ones booked by you, and then won,t let you ask for their bank details to refund them, nor can you give them your phone number, total nightmare.

Herbiekefalonia's Response to homespiritu's Review

Written on: 27/06/2015

I don't do payment on line for the very reasons you have given. I have now taken out an advert with Owners Direct and have had a booking for next year already which has covered their annual subscription. I will be dropping my subscription to HL when my current subscription expires. It will be interesting to see if HL actually tell me that my subscription is coming to an end or whether they try and take the subscription automatically.

“No way of contacting the centre when damage deposit failed”

Written on: 17/06/2015 by 133Rivera (1 review written)

My customer and myself as owner are unhappy with the holiday lettings system which has a computer generated customer service centre so any unusual problems such as an unpaid damage deposit,fail to be addressed. No way of contacting anyone.Issue unresolved, not good enough… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/06/2015

Hello 133Rivera,

We are very sorry to hear of the issues encountered contacting us regarding the damage deposit.

I will contact you directly to advise on methods of contacting us and to assist you further with this.

We look forward to resolving the issue with you.

The Holiday Lettings Team

“sono proprietaria dei appartamenti a Praga che affitto...”

Written on: 16/06/2015 by Donovan1967 (1 review written)

sono proprietaria dei appartamenti a Praga che affitto tramite Vostro sito,ho una ottima collaborazione… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2015

Molte grazie per la tua opinione. Saremo lieti di conoscere la vostra esperienza e vi auguriamo i migliori successi.

“Big let down”

Written on: 15/06/2015 by southleicester (1 review written)

We booked with this company and then they cancelled ,the booking information should really state: ’please pay the following deposit , it may or may not guarantee your booking you will be liable for any charges made by your bank to pay through our preferred method of payment (even if you need to make numerous payments due to cancellations by our company), you may not but the owner at any time may cancel your booking and we take no responsibility for finding you alternative accommodation or… Read Full Review

Dear Southleicester,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are sorry to learn that your booking has been cancelled. As a rule we do not cancel bookings on behalf of owners or holiday makers. We will be in touch with you shortly to assist you further and look into this for you. We hope this helps.

The Holiday Lettings Team.

“The perfect advertising combination with Trip Advisor”

Written on: 14/06/2015 by Sherwood309 (1 review written)

An overall excellent website with acceptable client feedback, top quality presentation, easy editing tools and which brings in 50% of our enquiries and 50% of our bookings… Read Full Review

Dear Sherwood309,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to learn about your experience and we wish you all success with your holiday rental.

The Holiday Lettings Team.

“For Hosts : Easy to use but very low requests volume”

Written on: 14/06/2015

Number of request is surprisingly low and the quality of requests is not better. Most of the queries end up unconfirmed and the sales ratio is much lower compared with main competitors.Business flow is not satisfactory even with a great listing. Easy to use and update, well adapted to multiple villas management. Payment process very safe and reliable for guest and host… Read Full Review

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to learn that you are happy with our system and payment tools. There are ways to help improving the performance of your advert, please get in touch with us and we will be very happy to assist.

“Holiday Lettings Review”

Written on: 13/06/2015 by tonyalfagtv (1 review written)

Have used holiday lettings for many years and have found suitable family accommodation in Florida, Tenerife, Spain, North Carolina amongst others. Holiday Lettings is always our first port of call when booking a trip as we prefer to book our flights, car hire etc ourselves and find we save about 50% on package deals. In most cases you are also dealing with someone who lives in the UK or is an ex pat so no language barriers, booking through the website also means your money is safe. We rate it… Read Full Review

Dear Tonyalfagtv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your experience booking through us in the past and we are looking forward to your next visit to the website.

“best value for money”

Written on: 13/06/2015

We have found Holiday lettings easy to use and we get many inquiries from their advertising.We know by phone if someone has made an inquiry,so no matter where we are we can get back to our customers right away and not miss a chance of getting that booking.They are helpful if things go wrong(which is rare,and usually something we have done)rather than the other way round.The site is easy to use and has lots of information and ideas of how to put your property in the spotlight and give it the… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/06/2015

Hi Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review.

We are happy to see that you are receiving a positive response to your listing and that advertising with us is going well.

We hope you secure many more bookings through us.

“Great customer service”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by Hebecor (1 review written)

I have recently made a booking through the web site and even had a follow up phone call to make sure my booking had been dealt with swiftly. Will definitely use them again… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/06/2015

Thank you for the great feedback.
We hope you will have a fantastic time on your holiday! Best wishes, The Holiday Lettings Team

“Linnea Sol - Las Ramblas”

Written on: 10/06/2015 by Young412 (1 review written)

I have found this site excellent for finding higher calibre guests for my apartment. Also their follow up is very good if you encounter a problem, or have a question… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/06/2015

Thank you for this great review!
We are happy to hear that you have been happy with your guests and the overall services we provide. It's nice to hear that we have been able to assist you with any issues you have been experiencing!

“I am satisfied!”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by Powerslu386 (1 review written)

I will surely reccomend holiday lettings to my friends because everything here is accessible and it is so easy to understand the website… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/06/2015

Thank you for your review.
We are pleased to hear that you find our website easy to navigate and recommend us to your friends or family. It is always great to receive such fantastic feedback!

holidaylettings.co.uk