Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com Reviews

Goodwin House, Union Court, Richmond, TW1 9AA

Description (provided by business)

Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com

Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com

“I left a negative review for Yale as I received bad...”

Written on: 21/07/2014

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I left a negative review for Yale as I received bad service. Yale have now twice disabled the review (once in 2011 and once in 2014) citing the need for "verification"., It appears to me that review centre cannot be trusted to provide a fair and unbiased view of companies as negative reviews will be censored (no doubt as will this one!)… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I'm sorry you feel this way. If someone contacts us and questions the validity of a review we must take this seriously and act upon it to ensure that only genuine reviews are posted on our site.

If you have already given us proof of purchase in 2011 then you shouldn't be asked for this again, so if this has happened I apologise as this is a mistake. It may well be though that the company is now questionining another aspect of your review - eg saying that some elements are not true, in which case again we are obliged to check out the validity of a review.

I know this can seem like a pain, but if we do not give businesses the right to query reviews then we are not being fair to them as some unscrupulous businesses will go to great lengths to either create false positive reviews of their own brand or even false negative reviews of their competitors - so we have a system in place that aims to protect all parties involved and ultimately ensure that reviews on our site are genuine and true in their statements.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific concerns or questions about how we are dealing with your case.

“Complete rubbish”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by 68McCormack (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I've tried to post a good review about a geninly good company and it says it's been added to the moderation queue and I will be told when it goes live but I've heard nothing atall. Something fishy about this site… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi 68McCormack

Nothing fishy about the site - we put around 40,000 reviews live each month. We do have systems in place that put some of the reviews written into a moderation queue as, for various reasons, they have been identified by our system as requiring our attention before they go live.

It could be that the review has a phone number in it, someones name or some other content that we don't allow to just go live onto the site as it could get the reviewer into defamation trouble or could inadvertently give away the identification of the reviewer without them meaning to. So most of the steps are there to protect people.

We aim to get reviews through our moderation queues within 24 hours during normal office hours (Monday to Friday) so there is often a bit of a delay over weekends, but your review should not be sitting in a moderation queue for days and days on end.

It could be that we had a question that needed to be answered by you before the review goes live (eg we sometimes need to ask you for proof of being a customer) and that this email has gone into your junk email folder - so please do check it.

If this isn't the case then please do contact us and we'll happily look at your review and tell you what's going on - but as I say we strive to get all reviews through moderation queues as quickly as possible as we know how frustrating this can be when someone has taken the time and effort to write a review on our site.

“You don't need to be a customer to leave a negative review”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by gibnovski2014 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Anyone can leave a review about any business and say that is a terrible customer experience and should be avoided. In fact with Review Center, you do not even have to have had any customer experience of the company that you are leaving a review about. It's just a free for all, say what you like within reason, about anyone else and there is very little recourse. How can a review from someone that has never been a customer and has no experience of dealing with your business be anything but… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi there gibnovski2014 - sorry that you've clearly had a bad experience with your business on our site.

We take this matter seriously and if you believe any reviews for your company are not from genuine customers please use the 'report this review' functionality on each and every review card and we will then check the validity of each review you report and ensure that only reviewers that can prove they were customers are posted on the site.

“Dodgy, they only publish reviews for certain companies”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by bingo0 (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I posted a review it didnt show but then posted a review for another compnay it did, I then repeated the process with a new account and the same thing happned! they are controlling the ratings probably based on their income from companies. disgusting… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Dear Member,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any confusion that may have been caused. Please let me explain why your review has not gone live.

We have filters that all reviews that must go through to detect suspicious activity, unfortunately your review has trigged this filter and this is why your review has not gone live. We do this to protect the site from undesirable reviews, for example a company attempting to submit reviews for their own company or a competitor trying to submit reviews for another business.

It is best to get in touch with us directly so we can determine where you submitted your review from and why this may have happened.

We are not paid any money from any companies to control the ratings on our site or control whether reviews are shown or not. All moderation is done simply for the protection of consumers.

I hope this explains the situation a little better, please get in touch - our details are at the top of the page.

The Review Centre Team

“Badly run website”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by DigitalLandReviews (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

My reviews never even appear. I've posted loads, and only one of them got published. Sorry comrades, but you dont give users any editing control of their own reviews, so you fail (and I'm using the word comrade in reference to communism) I wonder whether "this" review will appear? ;-)… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience like. We have a few rules in place to protect the quality of the site - this includes only allowing one review of a business/service/product per user. This stops the same person posting multiple reviews about the same thing, which we feel doesnt give a fair reflection.

Also, if we feel, or others report to us, that a review may not be genuine then we will take it down and investigate further. We generally ask the reviewer to send us proof of purchase, at which point the review will go back up.

Do feel free to contact us if you feel any genuine reviews have not gone live though and we'll happily look into it for you.

“About my review”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by DaveR64 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I know it says not to enter peoples names when writing reviews, but I am a little confused as to why the three reviews before mine, about MCE insurance, included the names of advisers people had spoken to, yet the name in mine was removed. Can you tell me why ????… Read Full Review

Hi Dave

Generally speaking we take out names from reviews as a standard precaution to ensure that the reviewer does not get into defamation issues with an individual that they are writing about. If the review is positive we do sometimes allow the name to go through, but our general policy is to protect the reviewer by not allowing names onto the site - so as you can see this is purely something we do to protect people.

I do understand that this can sometimes be a bit annoying, but it's a practise we feel is important to continue.

“Biased opinions and hidden agenda?”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by dnKlein320 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

As a business we rely on reviews to give us valuable feedback and they also incentivise us to provide outstanding customer service. Over the last 12 months we have had at least 30 customers come back to us and tell us that they have tried to review us on this site however there reviews get added to the moderation queue and never see the light of day. The negative reviews all seem to go online very quickly with no validation however if anything positive is said about our company it never sees… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry you feel like this.

If you contact us and tell us which company you're contacting us from we'll definitely take a look. We have around 120,000 companies, services and products on our site and we get tens of thousands of reviews put onto the site each month. We do have sophisticated filters in place that highlight any reviews that need verification and in these instances we generally ask the reviewer to show us some sort of proof of purchase to ensure that they are a genuine customer.

Without knowing more details about your particular case it is hard to come to a conclusion, but it sounds like our system is identifying some of your reviews as requiring additional verification which is possibly why the reviews aren't going live straight away. The system does not focus on just positive reviews, but all reviews go through this process.

On your final point - we do not have an interest in, or bias toward, any business on our site.

Steveparky's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2014

Well said. It's a farce.

“A site for the moaners”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by 487Pruitt (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

The problem with the British public is that when it comes to good service we don't shout about it, so when the review centre was first put in place it allowed business to ask their customers to place honest positive reviews online and for a while it worked. But recently I am seeing far too many businesses, products and services receiving really harsh reviews. No company is perfect but it seems like the review centre is giving power to the complainers. I am shocked to see positive reviews… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/05/2014

Hi,

So sorry to hear your experience with us has not been positive. I would be happy to look into this for you, I am sure there is an explanation as we do take all reports seriously and treat them all equally. It is possible the review had already been verified, in this case we would email you to let you know.

If you email us directly on our email address at the top of the page then we can look into the reviews for your company and establish what may have happened.

I apologise again and hope we can rectify this for you.

“Can't sort reviews”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by Cristinav378 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

It would be nice to be able to sort all reviews so you can read the bad as well as the good easily, other than that it could be a good site… Read Full Review

Thanks for your comment.

I'm happy to say that we've recently launched this functionality. So you can now show reviews based on their rating and also based on how recent they are.

Would love to hear your feedback on this new functionality.

“3rd attempt”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by sohal88878 (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I'm really happy with a company called click submit. They have asked me to review them. No problem with Trust pilot but everytime I try and review them on review centre they do not display my review. It says it's going to be moderated and then never appears! I've just submitted it again so will update this review if it goes live this time or not!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/03/2014

Hi Sohal88878,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the problems you have experienced. I have looked at your account and it seems the reviews you have submitted have been caught by our suspicious activity filter.

Please get in touch with us directly, our email address is at the top of the page under the title. Then we can look into getting your review on the site.

“Review Centre garbage”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by Eduardo73 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

What's become of The review centre? The site's now just clogged with ads, the search function is archaic and not at all intuitive. Worst of all - its only a place to vent frustrations. I've heard that if you have a problem with a product, the makers or sellers can't even contact you to help try to sort it out for you unless they pay the review centre. If I've had a bad experience with a product or a service, I'd like the manufacturers to be able to contact me to try to put things right, they… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Thanks for your feedback and sorry you're not happy.

I'd like to just correct you on a few key points though:

Overall our average star rating is over 2.5 / 5.0 so we actually get more positive reviews than negative over all, so it's not purely a place to vent frustrations. We do of course get a lot of negative reviews too, but overall there is balance.

Secondly, I think you're referring to our new 'official business response' functionality whereby businesses can pay a small monthly fee to be able to official respond to reviews. We added this in as many businesses wanted to differentiate their comments with those of consumers. However, it's important to note that any business can still leave comments in the same way as they've been able to for over 10 years and it's still absolutely free. It's only the upgrade to 'official business responses' that has a small monthly fee associated with it.

Lastly, we would never allow a company, or indeed anyone, to get a reviewers information. It would be against everything we stand for and also contravene the Data Protection Act. Due to dozens of requests from businesses we added some functionality whereby they can pay a small monthly fee to be able to email reviewers through our system. This means that they do not get the reviewers email address or any other details, but via our system they can contact the reviewer and the reviewer can decide whether they want to respond or not. If they decide not to then they keep 100% anonymity - a principle which we believe is very important to uphold.

We do of course charge businesses a small amount of money for these additional services. This, along with the ads on the site, are how we fund the Review Centre and ensure it is free for all reviewers to use.

“total garbage”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by reviewcentresucks (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Review centre is just a website with advertisements and provides absolutely no service. Its one of the many sites out there that make you think they might be cool but really they are a waste of time… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

I'm sorry you feel like this. We do primarily fund the site via advertisements that is true, and it's regrettable if you feel there are too many ads.

We do however have over 1.6 million unique reviews on our site and we get constant positive feedback from people who have found the content on our site useful to them.

We don't always get it right, but we do feel that overall we offer a good, free service to consumers and we also passionately feel that our content is incredibly useful to people.

“I used to trust this site....”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by biggav007 (7 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I USED to use Review centre as a way of checking the validity / customer service of new (to me) retailers before parting with my money. unfortunately, recently I rushed into an online purchase without checking reviews first! I was unfortunate enough to use Valuebasket.com (A retailer that has adverts on here!). check out the feedback they have, I looked through about the first 15 pages (150 reviews) Approx 90 % ! are from people who have been ROBBED BY THEM ! yet they still have a 3.6 / 5… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I am so sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Just to let you know your review is still live on the site so please get in touch with us at complaints (at) reviewcentre (dot) com and I can send you a link to your review. If you would like to make any changes to your review just drop us an email with your edited review and we can do this for you.

With regards to the Value Basket review page, the reason the star rating is 3.5 is because it is an average of the star ratings this company has received. As with all review sites, the rating is always an overall average taking into consideration all reviews. This company has a real spread of ratings so this would explain the higher than expected rating. To ensure we can be as helpful as possible we always ensure the Top 5 companies in each category are calculated by taking into consideration only the most recent 2 years reviews so it is more relevant and accurate for our members.

I apologise that on this occasion Review Centre was not helpful with your purchase but it is good to hear this matter was eventually resolved. Please get in touch at the email address above so that I can help you locate your review and made amendments if necessary.

review Centre Team

Biggav007's Response to biggav007's Review

Written on: 09/01/2014

I have just tried to update my review on Valuebasket as the goods did FINALLY arrive ! Surprised to find my terrible review has disappeared and I had NO NOTIFICATION at all ? Reviewcentre is neither impartial or fair in my view and I am finished with it ! BYE

“Not impartial ”

Written on: 05/11/2013

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I wrote a genuine review of a company that I felt should become public knowledge to prevent other people going through the same experience. This company complained about my review and I was asked to provide evidence that I had traded with the company. I forwarded all the information requested and still my review has not been reinstated. I wonder do the review centre verify the authenticity of all the positive reviews? Amazingly, as soon as the company in question receives a negative review… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback, we are always happy to hear from our members and hopefully resolve outstanding concerns. I apologise that your experience with Review Centre has not been positive.

With reviews like this we often receive conflicting information about the facts of the situation from both the member and the company. As we are legally responsible for the content unfortunately it means sometimes we have to investigate a review further to ensure it is factually accurate. I have had a quick read through the correspondence we have had with you and it looks like we did not hear back from you after our last email.

Just to let you know in case you don't already, we are more than happy to investigate both negative and positive reviews to maintain the integrity of the website. If the reviews do concern you we would be happy to look into them. In terms of revenue, advertising on the site is the way we can afford to run - just to reassure you we do not work with companies to have just positive reviews on their page. The only reason we take reviews down is because we are legally obliged to do so.

I really hope this has answered your concerns. Please get in touch with us so we can work with you to reinstate your review. I hope we can turn this experience around for you and hopefully you will have more faith in us in the future.

Voyager777's Comment

Written on: 28/12/2013

I would like to know how long it takes for a review to go live after it has been sent, because I've tried to leave two review's regarding an insurance company, and I'm still waiting for it to go live, but I have commented twice on someone else's post, and these are showing a couple of day's after they were posted. I can't seem to ask Review Centre directly because there doesn't appear to be a contact us link any where to be found, so I've resorted to piggybacking on to this one.
Dumbfounded to say the least.

“I wonder who pays the bills here...”

Written on: 30/10/2013 by CanadianFolk (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I wrote a non-favorable review and you folks took it down, matter of fact, a scare phrase or two was in the take-down email notice... I'll bet you dollars to donuts this review doesn't *make it* either Not much of a review site if all the negative reviews are *scared* away, GOOD LUCK!… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback,. we really appreciate hearing from our members. As you can hopefully see we are more than happy to post all types of reviews, including negative ones about ourself.

I have just looked into your review and it looks like we received concerns from the company that they did not recognise your customer experience. We are required by law to investigate this sort of concern but as soon as we can be sure you were a genuine customer we would immediately reinstate your review. I have checked and it looks like you did not get back to us after receiving our email, all you need to do is reply with some supporting information e.g. an invoice, email correspondence between you and the company etc.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you if you could get in touch. I hope to hear from you.

“VALUABLE SERVICE”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by autoTraderisoverpriced (8 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

THE REVIEW CENTRE IS VERY HELPFUL , ALTHOUGH I GUESS MOST PEOPLE COME HERE AFTER THEY HAVE BAD SERVICE , WHICH IS NORMALLY TO LATE THEN.. i have 2 negatives with the review centre , which are as follows . 1 ... it is hard to look at many reviews cause you click to read review and opens another page then it sends you back to first page after you have read the review , which is very time consuming !! 2 , i wrote a review about bicycle shop and told the company i had written the review about… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate hearing what our members have to say. In response to the concerns you have raised:

1. We are actually in the process of making changes to our pagination to hopefully improve this, so soon you should be able to view reviews easily!

2. It looks like we contacted you about your review but we did not hear back from you after our last email. As publishers we do need to make sure that reviews are genuine and accurate, so we requested some supporting information. We would still be happy to look into this if you could get in touch with us.

I hope this has cleared things up for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns or would like to have your review reinstated.

Review Centre Team

“How do I know I can Review Centre?”

Written on: 22/09/2013

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

The problem I have with Review Centre is that I know that some companies listed on Review Centre pay in order that they will be rated more highly. The trouble is Review Centre does not say which companies are paying for its service. Without this information how can I make an informed decision about how good a company, website or product is? For example, most people are quite happy with the service they receive, but they don't write reviews. People who are not satisfied are more likely to go on… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback. It seems you may have misunderstood the way that Review Centre works.

It is not possible for a company to pay us to be rated highly. The rating is automatically calculated by an algorithm which we have created to try and help members make informed decisions about companies. We also have no part to play in the collection of reviews, this is entirely down to the way a company chooses to request feedback from its customers.

We do now have a paid service for companies called Business Accounts but the features available with this are only to do with including business information on the review page and responding to reviews.

Hopefully you can trust that we do not under any circumstances take any payment in relation to the ranking of companies or any part of the review process.

We really are keen to ensure that companies are accurately represented and would be happy to look into any matters that concern you or have led you to believe we are in any way misleading our members.

We remain transparent at all stages and would be happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to contact us directly via our Contact Us page.

Wowzer's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

My best bet is you've been paid by their competitor to write a bad review. Saddo

Zipsersir's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2013

You just lost your bet Wowzer.

Maybe I should give Review Centre the benefit of the doubt. I got a call from someone telling me I could pay a subscription and send emails to customers in order to get favourable reviews. Maybe it wasn't for real.

If you are saying that you don't earn income other than from on-site advertising then maybe I have been unfair.

Hello again,

I can assure you it was not us, it is a shame that people do offer this service and we do everything in our power to prevent this sort of conduct occurring. We understand that sometimes members can get the wrong end of the stick, it is good you raised your concerns with us so we could reassure you.

Please do not hesitate top get in touch with us if you do have any questions or concerns.

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“RUBBISH”

Written on: 12/09/2013 by m_potter (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I have wrote a genuine review of my hosting company and Review centre advised it is being moderated. It has been now for 3 days. What a rubbish service from a supposedly partial review company… Read Full Review

“Not impartial or helpful”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by ReportedtoTradingStandards (5 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

There are far too many spam/fake reviews to make the site useful. In fact it now has a reputation for actually NOT helping potential purchasers, only helping the less than reputable sellers. It is easy for any seller or company to complain and get negative reviews removed,(which is very common) which makes it dangerous for buyers who are not aware of the pitfalls, especially dealing with foreign sellers who aren't always trading legally… Read Full Review

“Just not impartial”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by ReportedtoTradingStandards (5 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

There are far too many spam/fake reviews to make the site useful. In fact it now has a reputation for actually NOT helping potential purchasers, only helping the less than reputable sellers. It is easy for any seller or company to complain and get negative reviews removed, which makes it dangerous for buyers who are not aware of the pitfalls… Read Full Review

www.reviewcentre.com