Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com Reviews

Goodwin House, Union Court, Richmond, TW1 9AA
Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com

“Can't sort reviews”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by Cristinav378 (1 review written)

It would be nice to be able to sort all reviews so you can read the bad as well as the good easily, other than that it could be a good site… Read Full Review

“3rd attempt”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by sohal88878 (2 reviews written)

I'm really happy with a company called click submit. They have asked me to review them. No problem with Trust pilot but everytime I try and review them on review centre they do not display my review. It says it's going to be moderated and then never appears! I've just submitted it again so will update this review if it goes live this time or not!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/03/2014

Hi Sohal88878,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the problems you have experienced. I have looked at your account and it seems the reviews you have submitted have been caught by our suspicious activity filter.

Please get in touch with us directly, our email address is at the top of the page under the title. Then we can look into getting your review on the site.

“Review Centre garbage”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by Eduardo73 (1 review written)

What's become of The review centre? The site's now just clogged with ads, the search function is archaic and not at all intuitive. Worst of all - its only a place to vent frustrations. I've heard that if you have a problem with a product, the makers or sellers can't even contact you to help try to sort it out for you unless they pay the review centre. If I've had a bad experience with a product or a service, I'd like the manufacturers to be able to contact me to try to put things right, they… Read Full Review

“total garbage”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by reviewcentresucks (1 review written)

Review centre is just a website with advertisements and provides absolutely no service. Its one of the many sites out there that make you think they might be cool but really they are a waste of time… Read Full Review

“I used to trust this site....”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by biggav007 (7 reviews written)

I USED to use Review centre as a way of checking the validity / customer service of new (to me) retailers before parting with my money. unfortunately, recently I rushed into an online purchase without checking reviews first! I was unfortunate enough to use Valuebasket.com (A retailer that has adverts on here!). check out the feedback they have, I looked through about the first 15 pages (150 reviews) Approx 90 % ! are from people who have been ROBBED BY THEM ! yet they still have a 3.6 / 5… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I am so sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Just to let you know your review is still live on the site so please get in touch with us at complaints (at) reviewcentre (dot) com and I can send you a link to your review. If you would like to make any changes to your review just drop us an email with your edited review and we can do this for you.

With regards to the Value Basket review page, the reason the star rating is 3.5 is because it is an average of the star ratings this company has received. As with all review sites, the rating is always an overall average taking into consideration all reviews. This company has a real spread of ratings so this would explain the higher than expected rating. To ensure we can be as helpful as possible we always ensure the Top 5 companies in each category are calculated by taking into consideration only the most recent 2 years reviews so it is more relevant and accurate for our members.

I apologise that on this occasion Review Centre was not helpful with your purchase but it is good to hear this matter was eventually resolved. Please get in touch at the email address above so that I can help you locate your review and made amendments if necessary.

review Centre Team

Biggav007's Response to biggav007's Review

Written on: 09/01/2014

I have just tried to update my review on Valuebasket as the goods did FINALLY arrive ! Surprised to find my terrible review has disappeared and I had NO NOTIFICATION at all ? Reviewcentre is neither impartial or fair in my view and I am finished with it ! BYE

“Not impartial ”

Written on: 05/11/2013

I wrote a genuine review of a company that I felt should become public knowledge to prevent other people going through the same experience. This company complained about my review and I was asked to provide evidence that I had traded with the company. I forwarded all the information requested and still my review has not been reinstated. I wonder do the review centre verify the authenticity of all the positive reviews? Amazingly, as soon as the company in question receives a negative review… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback, we are always happy to hear from our members and hopefully resolve outstanding concerns. I apologise that your experience with Review Centre has not been positive.

With reviews like this we often receive conflicting information about the facts of the situation from both the member and the company. As we are legally responsible for the content unfortunately it means sometimes we have to investigate a review further to ensure it is factually accurate. I have had a quick read through the correspondence we have had with you and it looks like we did not hear back from you after our last email.

Just to let you know in case you don't already, we are more than happy to investigate both negative and positive reviews to maintain the integrity of the website. If the reviews do concern you we would be happy to look into them. In terms of revenue, advertising on the site is the way we can afford to run - just to reassure you we do not work with companies to have just positive reviews on their page. The only reason we take reviews down is because we are legally obliged to do so.

I really hope this has answered your concerns. Please get in touch with us so we can work with you to reinstate your review. I hope we can turn this experience around for you and hopefully you will have more faith in us in the future.

Voyager777's Comment

Written on: 28/12/2013

I would like to know how long it takes for a review to go live after it has been sent, because I've tried to leave two review's regarding an insurance company, and I'm still waiting for it to go live, but I have commented twice on someone else's post, and these are showing a couple of day's after they were posted. I can't seem to ask Review Centre directly because there doesn't appear to be a contact us link any where to be found, so I've resorted to piggybacking on to this one.
Dumbfounded to say the least.

“I wonder who pays the bills here...”

Written on: 30/10/2013 by CanadianFolk (1 review written)

I wrote a non-favorable review and you folks took it down, matter of fact, a scare phrase or two was in the take-down email notice... I'll bet you dollars to donuts this review doesn't *make it* either Not much of a review site if all the negative reviews are *scared* away, GOOD LUCK!… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback,. we really appreciate hearing from our members. As you can hopefully see we are more than happy to post all types of reviews, including negative ones about ourself.

I have just looked into your review and it looks like we received concerns from the company that they did not recognise your customer experience. We are required by law to investigate this sort of concern but as soon as we can be sure you were a genuine customer we would immediately reinstate your review. I have checked and it looks like you did not get back to us after receiving our email, all you need to do is reply with some supporting information e.g. an invoice, email correspondence between you and the company etc.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you if you could get in touch. I hope to hear from you.

“VALUABLE SERVICE”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by autoTraderisoverpriced (8 reviews written)

THE REVIEW CENTRE IS VERY HELPFUL , ALTHOUGH I GUESS MOST PEOPLE COME HERE AFTER THEY HAVE BAD SERVICE , WHICH IS NORMALLY TO LATE THEN.. i have 2 negatives with the review centre , which are as follows . 1 ... it is hard to look at many reviews cause you click to read review and opens another page then it sends you back to first page after you have read the review , which is very time consuming !! 2 , i wrote a review about bicycle shop and told the company i had written the review about… Read Full Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate hearing what our members have to say. In response to the concerns you have raised:

1. We are actually in the process of making changes to our pagination to hopefully improve this, so soon you should be able to view reviews easily!

2. It looks like we contacted you about your review but we did not hear back from you after our last email. As publishers we do need to make sure that reviews are genuine and accurate, so we requested some supporting information. We would still be happy to look into this if you could get in touch with us.

I hope this has cleared things up for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns or would like to have your review reinstated.

Review Centre Team

“How do I know I can Review Centre?”

Written on: 22/09/2013

The problem I have with Review Centre is that I know that some companies listed on Review Centre pay in order that they will be rated more highly. The trouble is Review Centre does not say which companies are paying for its service. Without this information how can I make an informed decision about how good a company, website or product is? For example, most people are quite happy with the service they receive, but they don't write reviews. People who are not satisfied are more likely to go on… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback. It seems you may have misunderstood the way that Review Centre works.

It is not possible for a company to pay us to be rated highly. The rating is automatically calculated by an algorithm which we have created to try and help members make informed decisions about companies. We also have no part to play in the collection of reviews, this is entirely down to the way a company chooses to request feedback from its customers.

We do now have a paid service for companies called Business Accounts but the features available with this are only to do with including business information on the review page and responding to reviews.

Hopefully you can trust that we do not under any circumstances take any payment in relation to the ranking of companies or any part of the review process.

We really are keen to ensure that companies are accurately represented and would be happy to look into any matters that concern you or have led you to believe we are in any way misleading our members.

We remain transparent at all stages and would be happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to contact us directly via our Contact Us page.

Wowzer's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

My best bet is you've been paid by their competitor to write a bad review. Saddo

Zipsersir's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2013

You just lost your bet Wowzer.

Maybe I should give Review Centre the benefit of the doubt. I got a call from someone telling me I could pay a subscription and send emails to customers in order to get favourable reviews. Maybe it wasn't for real.

If you are saying that you don't earn income other than from on-site advertising then maybe I have been unfair.

Hello again,

I can assure you it was not us, it is a shame that people do offer this service and we do everything in our power to prevent this sort of conduct occurring. We understand that sometimes members can get the wrong end of the stick, it is good you raised your concerns with us so we could reassure you.

Please do not hesitate top get in touch with us if you do have any questions or concerns.

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Not impartial or helpful”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by ReportedtoTradingStandards (4 reviews written)

There are far too many spam/fake reviews to make the site useful. In fact it now has a reputation for actually NOT helping potential purchasers, only helping the less than reputable sellers. It is easy for any seller or company to complain and get negative reviews removed,(which is very common) which makes it dangerous for buyers who are not aware of the pitfalls, especially dealing with foreign sellers who aren't always trading legally… Read Full Review

“This is a great website”

Written on: 12/07/2013 by lovepei (10 reviews written)

I find lots of information on various services from the user reviews listed on this webiste. Keep up the good work and I will be back for more information when I am seeking new providers!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback, it is great to hear that the reviews help you find information about products and services.

We hope your experience with Review Centre continues to be positive and useful!

“review the review”

Written on: 02/07/2013

I tried to review booking.com because of a slight eror I found on their website, and then just to write a review of their service had to undergo a long enrolment process with review.com. surely you can organise for people to give reviews without having to join, find usernames not already taken, give e-mails and think of passwords. I wanted to abandon the review process because of all this but got stuck in the process… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

Hi,

Thanks for your review of our service and sorry you did not have a more positive experience.

The reason we ask for these details is so that we can contact you via email if there are any issues with your review e.g. we need to verify it or you have placed it on the wrong review page by accident etc. We hope you can understand we do this so that we can easily get in touch with our members.

Now you have account set up you can very easily leave reviews and comments for other products or services and you can be part of the Review Centre community.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance.

Review Centre Team

“Unbalanced Unverified Unvalidated - Agreed”

Written on: 24/05/2013

We have received an email from the reviewcentre team essentially stating that whether a review is true or false does not matter. It is considered the customers opinion, even when the customer has posted the opposite on other sites. This means that the review centre is not reflective of customers experiences and a complete waste of time unless they make plenty of money via their affiliation with Amazon of course! Customers beware, many reviews good and bad are fake on this site… Read Full Review

Lovepei's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

how else do you propose that they do it? Leaving an anonymous review with only complaints and now suggestions...nice work buddy!

Roger-S's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

I'm a newbie, so please don't pull me apart, but I think Trustpilot use Facebook profiles which seems reasonable.

From what I can see many of the reviews on Reviewcentre are a single sentence from people who have only reviewed one thing or do so anonymously - perhaps Reviewcentre should think about clearing the "dead wood" from off-shore review farms and look to the future.

I think genuine reviewers would understand they if they only publish one review which is very short it will disappear after a couple of weeks, Reviewcentre need to be providing something genuinely useful to keep people's trust, because if they lose it it will be gone for good. (Dispatches on bought Facebook likes has opened peoples eyes!)

“Hardly Representitive & Hardly Fair”

Written on: 22/05/2013

My business features on reviewcentre and gets some really bad and a few really good reviews but the balance between both is unfair. Sure things go wrong but to be able to write poppycock about someones established, caring and successful business is actually slanderous. Does anyone even know that the reviews are "honest and impartial" or legal. They are not often checked by anyone at reviewcentre and several times when I complained, the bad review suddenly dissapeared as it could not be… Read Full Review

Cmcquaigue's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2013

I posted this review and got an email after a few minutes to say it had been approved - no one checked it in that time I am sure!
So not all reviews go checked by reviewcentre - what is the point I could write almost anything about companies I dont like :-)

“Good Job!”

Written on: 21/05/2013 by johnholland600 (2 reviews written)

Websites like review centre allow users like me to express my honest opinions about other businesses. I thoroughly recommend review centre to others… Read Full Review

Stronzaman's Response to johnholland600's Review

Written on: 17/06/2013

Yes it also allows me to take a pop at my competition or just have a rant at any business I don't like - if I have a bad day I can get everything off my chest here - its great as most reviews are not even checked or verified in any way.
I don't even have to be "honest" as no one is going to check...

“Who will review the review sites?”

Written on: 11/04/2013 by TomKay (1 review written)

Apparently the Review sites will review themselves on their own terms and with a full time customer service team to respond diplomatically to every negative review...and still not do very well. Well I would leave some "helpful comments for consumers" but I think the majority of people reading this are probably other frustrated business owners wondering why this silly little website is making money from slagging off my business. I'm waiting for a reply to my latest email but I think legal action… Read Full Review

Stronzaman's Response to TomKay's Review

Written on: 17/06/2013

Review Centre used to claim "Honest and Impartial Reviews" but that claim seems to have dissappeared from their site - because how can these reviews be such when anyone called "Guest" just writes a bad review. My business has had several reviews removed after complaining about untrue comments. They say they are checked but they are not!
Naturally people will use this site as a place to take a pop - but its hardly reflective of businesses in most cases - its a fact that people will tend to complain more than praise. Our site gets 97% and more positive reviews on ebay and amazon and other sites but here it doesn't even get 2 out of 5 stars - is that a fair picture to paint?

Lovepei's Response to TomKay's Review

Written on: 12/07/2013

The review sites will be reviewed by the review site reviewers :)

“so user friendly”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by AngieCase (2 reviews written)

So, I came in to write a review on top10bestdatingsites.com, from all the review sites I found- Reviewcenter.com was the most user friendly! finding the site I wanted to review took two seconds! Also they don't limit the amount you can write and I wrote quite a long review and it was great! it was accepted right away! and I could see it and share on facebook (I didn't because I don't know if my new boyfriend was OK with it as I wrote about him and us changing our relationship status… Read Full Review

“Trustworthy site!”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by NilsErik (3 reviews written)

Unlike another site in this category, no names mentioned, isn't this site controlled by the vendors. You can post a negative review and it does not vanish in the air… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/03/2013

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback, it is great to hear that you recognise Review Centre is impartial.

We hope your experience with Review Centre continues to be positive and useful!

Stronzaman's Response to NilsErik's Review

Written on: 17/06/2013

How can it be trustworthy when anyone can write anything they want and unchecked?
Yes I can say anything I want about anyone and no one checks anything here - its really great when I am in a bad mood - most reviews are negative and that's unfair and hardly representitive...

Stronzaman's reply to Stronzaman's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

Jeepers so within 30 seconds and at nearly midnight I get a response to say review centre have checked my reply - they email to say...

"Thanks for leaving a comment for Review Centre. We've taken a look and are pleased to say it's live on the site..."

What rubbish - no one has checked it just an auto reply and highlights the lack of effort and checking that Reviewcentre have made in looking at comments etc.
Anyone can write anything and its goint to get posted with no effort or checks - lazy site!

Gizmondo's Response to NilsErik's Review

Written on: 26/04/2013

I said I strongly disagree with this!

How come the 3 other reviews I have disappeared? This site is terrible

And other comments about Jade Technology have disappeared?

Gizmondo's Response to NilsErik's Review

Written on: 26/04/2013

I would strongly with this.

“Review Centre service is terrible”

Written on: 18/03/2013 by Gentle-Knight7 (1 review written)

Review centre expects you to read 2,719 words, that is 8 standard typed pages, of terms and conditions - I REFUSE TO DO THIS - a pet hate of mine is lengthy t&c. Also it uses very poor non-user language such as 'illegal characters in user name'. This is programmer terminology not user terminology. 'Am I going to be arrested or something?' is a user response to this message - think about it. This service needs some serious usability adjustment. I have taught usability in system design for 13… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/05/2013

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a review for Review Centre; we are sorry that you have not had a more positive experience.

I will pass on your feedback about the error message to the team and see if we can make it more user friendly. We are always happy to make changes and improve our service if it is not working for our members.

We have done our best to make the Terms and Conditions as user friendly as possible and have tried to avoid legal jargon or technical terms think our members will have difficulty understanding. Unfortunately, as with most websites, we do need to cover a lot of important information in the Terms and some parts are essential to prevent abuse of the Review Centre website.

If you have any questions that you feel are not clear in our Terms or you are not sure where to find the information, then please feel free to contact us directly at contactus(at)reviewcentre(dot)com so we can provide you with an answer.

I hope you will give Review Centre a second chance, we have a whole community of genuine customers with real feedback and I am sure you would find it useful in the future.

Nilserik's Response to Gentle-Knight7's Review

Written on: 19/03/2013

Do you really own a computer? For a normal computer owner the task of agreeing to a lot of agreements is a common task. For every update of software you have to do that.
Do you also react like this then?

Gentle-Knight7's reply to Nilserik's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2013

A1: probably since before you were born.
A2: yes

Many T&C are far more lengthy than needed. If you have hours each day to read such nonsense that's your business. I have better things to do with my time

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Very good service”

Written on: 13/03/2013

I would like to tell everybody that the review Centre is a service we should all be thankful For where else can we complain and get Satisfaction! without it I would not have got It and £200 thanks review centre… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/03/2013

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is great to hear that you had a positive experience with Review Centre.

We hope to help customers resolve their issues with a company wherever possible. We understand that often it is an issue of miscommunication between the customer and the company, and often Review Centre provides a platform for discussion and resolution.

We hope your experience with Review Centre continues to be positive and useful.

Review Centre