Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com Reviews

Goodwin House, Union Court, Richmond, TW1 9AA

Description (provided by business)

Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Review Centre www.reviewcentre.com

“Not posting reviews”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by roswilson (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I have written two reviews and they have decide to only post one, which makes me believe the they pick and choose what reviews they post and do not post everything the receive that is inline with their posting rules… Read Full Review

“Super easy! User Friendly!”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by joao.andre.g (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Really great website! Good way to show information and simple and quick to use! What you really want in this sort of website! Wouldn't change a thing! Cute design too! :)… Read Full Review

“What use is this site?”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by Norahd87 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Having added a poor review of Atlas Choice, through whom I rented a car in Spain, it's obvious that they either don't read the reviews or just ignore bad ones and don't contact the complainant to discuss the issue… Read Full Review

“About the Review Centre Site”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by Ashlynn475 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I feel that this site is a fair resource for others. What I don't like though is recommending an operating system as Windows 7 or 8 when someone has made a review in the negative manner. That is the way that the world operates though. The site does give an individual an oppertunity to check out other reviews before purchasing a product. I still would recommend this site to others. The thing I would leave off is the other advertisements… Read Full Review

“Easy to use, for a change”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by Samara192 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

A lot of review (and other sites) try to be all about appearance and nothing about substance. As a result, they are only usable if you are a 5 year old with perfect eyesight. I'm glad to report that this site gave me the information I needed, no fuss, and didn't try to tell me I cannot possibly be human because I am half blind (which seems to be the current fashion of many sites). This also suggests to me that reviews are posted here because people feel they are useful, not because all their… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/08/2014

Hi

Really glad you enjoyed your experience and thanks so much for taking the time to tell us.

Please do spread the word as we need more people like you to read/write reviews.

Thanks again

“worst website ever”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by Jaron1982 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

u guys are nonsense.... all crab i feel its all managed by the company this is all fake do not trust this website… Read Full Review

Hi Jaron

I can ensure you we're a genuinely independent review service and are controlled by no other external company.

Was there a specific issue you had that draws you to this conclusion? Maybe there's something we can help with?

“Where is my right to reply?!”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Lorena168 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I wrote a review on Dunster House given the appalling service I received from them. You posted it, they challenged it and you took it off asking me to provide evidence, fair enough. HOWEVER, I don't want this review to disappear as their behaviour to date has been shocking and so I tried to send you the evidence requested, but you spammed both my emails and wouldn't allow delivery. I tried from a different email address, same thing and having been all over your site, I can't find any other… Read Full Review

Hi there,

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Really appreciate you trying to send in confirmation information that you were a customer - it's an important step when a business claims you're not a customer.

It looks to me like some part of the email you're trying to send is getting caught up in our spam filters, or more likely the spam filters of our email provider.

If you have multiple information are you able to send once piece at a time as it may be just one piece is causing the issue.

If that doesnt work please get back in contact with us via email and we'll try and find an alternative route to getting this info to us. Apologise again for your inconvenience on this one, spam filters these days are really tight as there's just so much spam out there

“a place to air your views good or bad , and for others...”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by shuckr (3 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

a place to air your views good or bad , and for others to see the good or bad in anything they are thinking of buying… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/08/2014

Thanks Shuckr - you've basically summed up what we try to do very well!

Glad you enjoyed the service - please spread the word, we need more and more people to use Review Centre then we can help more people make the right purchase decisions.

“I nedded HELP”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Campbellji121 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Being a complete novice I would have like clearer instruction registering I kept going onto the first option thinking the 2nd option was for facebook or twitter because of the pictures above. As I came in on the safer food handling from your page I thought I was logged in… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Thanks for taking the time to write this review about us.

I'm sorry if the registration process was confusing - what we will do is get out guys to take a look at it and see if it can be streamlined in any way as we dont like the thought of people struggling with our processes, that's never a good thing on a website!

Any other suggestions please do let us know as we love getting feedback like this, it really helps us improve our serivce.

“Website of Great Help!”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by mit16 (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Its great that such websites exist for the buyers to help make a purchase!… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Thanks so much for your comments and please do keep writing those reviews so we can help more people!

“Hijacked by the Gangsters”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Osprey65 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I was pleased with the review centre when I came across it a while back, the site is very presentable and easy to use. I wrote a review of a company I had had very poor dealings with. The review was accepted, but then disappeared. I enquired why this happened the result I found that the company I had reviewed had raised a concern about the genuineness of my comments. After some exchanges with the very helpful staff my reviews were reposted. However I wrote to the director of the company… Read Full Review

Hi there Osprey65

Thanks for the time in leaving a review about us.

I'm sorry you've not been happy with the element of your experience you outlined. We have to ensure that both parties - the reviewer and the company being reviewed - have a fair experience on our site.

As such if we have a complaint from a company about a review we do tend to take the review down whilst we investigate the legitimacy of the complaint. If we find in the favour of the reviewer then we will re-instate the review, which it appears is what happened first time round with your review.

It's very unusual for a review to be taken down twice and normally it's only if we get a further complaint about a review which is for a different reason than the first complaint and as such needs investigating in it's own right.

If you feel this isnt the case with your review then pleaes do email in again to our helpful support staff and we'll definitely look into it again for you

I realise it's a pain having to answer questions about your review / prove you're a customer, but it's important that we avoid false reviews being left on our site.

Osprey65's reply to Reviewcentre's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2014

Thank you again review centre. I really believe you have a chance to offer a useful service here I really like your website and the responses to my concerns were dealt with very well. I think your process of approving reviews before posting frustrates a lot of people away. Your rejection of my review was pedantic and really without justification for it complied with your rules when it was published I still believe it does now. To have it removed many months after posting at the request of the supplier shows you are not impartial.
I do hope you are dealing with my appeal.
At the time it was written my review was certainly not FALSE. However many of the reviews it referred to have also been removed at the request of the company concerned. So it may be false now…Hmmm changing the story to suit that is their business.

Reviewyourself's reply to Reviewcentre's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2014

Clearly this is not the case, i have contacted you several times to complain about false reviews yet i assume as a small company i am not worthy of a reply by yourself, it also appears that although this site exists to give a fair representation of customer views its mostly bad reviews as unless a company pays you to send requests to satisfied customers you will only even get people who are not happy, after all how many times have you yourself left a good review uninvited to do so? to give you an example i have served over 8000 customers this year alone yet my company on your website has allowed 40 reviewers to leave negative reviews, i also believe a vast number of these to be fraudulent and instigated by a competitor.

Hi there

We reply to all complaints. The best way of reporting an issue is via our 'report this review' link which is on all reviews - this way it goes straight into our complaints process.

Just to clear up your other points : Our overall star rating across the site averages more than 2.5 so actually we get more positive reviews than negative on our site.

We do not have any relationships whereby companies pay us to send out requests - we operate differently from other review sites; we dont work directly with companies in this way - instead we rely on individuals to come to our site and write the reviews. We feel this gives us a better independent position in the market.

If you believe any review is fraudulent we are more than happy to investigate it for you. I can't guarantee that the outcome of the investigation will be in your favour but I can guarantee that we will investigate on your behalf as we do not want false reviews on our site - it is both illegal and unhelpful to our users

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“easy to use”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by xsimon1 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

this was easy to use, but I think your list of banned words is too tight - i think C r a p (which I've had to include like this) is fairly mild and should be allowed to describe service - i had to substitute something else… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Xsimon1 - thanks for your review on us.

I think everyone has a different tolerance level for swear words so we try to make the site friendly for everyone, which means excluding some words that some people don't find that offence - like the word you've mentioned.

Hopefully you'll understand that some people do find the word a little offensive - eg if children were reading the site - so we do tend to err on the side of caution when excluding words.

“Best website!!!”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Alra (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I should av been screwed by insurance sharks if not for review centre!!! I spent over. 2 weeks reading detailed reviews about different insurance brokers and companies. Welldone guys, this website shouldn't be free!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2014

Thanks very much for your kind comments!

We're able to keep the site free by offering advertising on the site - but I'm glad to hear that you'd pay for it anyway

Thanks again

“My review has disappeared!!”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by LeonHales (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I wrote a review on 01.07.14(not certain of exact date due to review title above)Had an email on 02.07.14 asking for verification proof, this was provided by means of a screenshot. Review was reinstated without delay so I was very impressed. Upon checking my account today I can find no record of my review, it says that I have yet to write a review. To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. I have emailed to ask for an explanation and will update this review accordingly when I… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your review and sorry for the problem you have experienced. We have just responded to your email.

It seems there has been a miscommunication here. After we moderated your review we received a report from the company regarding the accuracy of your review and so we emailed you again asking for some further information. It is possible this email has gone to your junk or spam inbox.

As you mentioned something in your review that is quite a serious allegation, we are required by law just to verify what you have mentioned before we can publish it. Our initial verification process was just to be sure you were a genuine customer.

I really apologise for the confusion and inconvenience. Hopefully you have now received our email so we can work with you to get your review back on the site.

Kind regards

The Review Centre Team

“I left a negative review for Yale as I received bad...”

Written on: 21/07/2014

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I left a negative review for Yale as I received bad service. Yale have now twice disabled the review (once in 2011 and once in 2014) citing the need for "verification"., It appears to me that review centre cannot be trusted to provide a fair and unbiased view of companies as negative reviews will be censored (no doubt as will this one!)… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I'm sorry you feel this way. If someone contacts us and questions the validity of a review we must take this seriously and act upon it to ensure that only genuine reviews are posted on our site.

If you have already given us proof of purchase in 2011 then you shouldn't be asked for this again, so if this has happened I apologise as this is a mistake. It may well be though that the company is now questionining another aspect of your review - eg saying that some elements are not true, in which case again we are obliged to check out the validity of a review.

I know this can seem like a pain, but if we do not give businesses the right to query reviews then we are not being fair to them as some unscrupulous businesses will go to great lengths to either create false positive reviews of their own brand or even false negative reviews of their competitors - so we have a system in place that aims to protect all parties involved and ultimately ensure that reviews on our site are genuine and true in their statements.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific concerns or questions about how we are dealing with your case.

“Complete rubbish”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by 68McCormack (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I've tried to post a good review about a geninly good company and it says it's been added to the moderation queue and I will be told when it goes live but I've heard nothing atall. Something fishy about this site… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi 68McCormack

Nothing fishy about the site - we put around 40,000 reviews live each month. We do have systems in place that put some of the reviews written into a moderation queue as, for various reasons, they have been identified by our system as requiring our attention before they go live.

It could be that the review has a phone number in it, someones name or some other content that we don't allow to just go live onto the site as it could get the reviewer into defamation trouble or could inadvertently give away the identification of the reviewer without them meaning to. So most of the steps are there to protect people.

We aim to get reviews through our moderation queues within 24 hours during normal office hours (Monday to Friday) so there is often a bit of a delay over weekends, but your review should not be sitting in a moderation queue for days and days on end.

It could be that we had a question that needed to be answered by you before the review goes live (eg we sometimes need to ask you for proof of being a customer) and that this email has gone into your junk email folder - so please do check it.

If this isn't the case then please do contact us and we'll happily look at your review and tell you what's going on - but as I say we strive to get all reviews through moderation queues as quickly as possible as we know how frustrating this can be when someone has taken the time and effort to write a review on our site.

“You don't need to be a customer to leave a negative review”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by gibnovski2014 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

Anyone can leave a review about any business and say that is a terrible customer experience and should be avoided. In fact with Review Center, you do not even have to have had any customer experience of the company that you are leaving a review about. It's just a free for all, say what you like within reason, about anyone else and there is very little recourse. How can a review from someone that has never been a customer and has no experience of dealing with your business be anything but… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi there gibnovski2014 - sorry that you've clearly had a bad experience with your business on our site.

We take this matter seriously and if you believe any reviews for your company are not from genuine customers please use the 'report this review' functionality on each and every review card and we will then check the validity of each review you report and ensure that only reviewers that can prove they were customers are posted on the site.

“Dodgy, they only publish reviews for certain companies”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by bingo0 (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I posted a review it didnt show but then posted a review for another compnay it did, I then repeated the process with a new account and the same thing happned! they are controlling the ratings probably based on their income from companies. disgusting… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Dear Member,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any confusion that may have been caused. Please let me explain why your review has not gone live.

We have filters that all reviews that must go through to detect suspicious activity, unfortunately your review has trigged this filter and this is why your review has not gone live. We do this to protect the site from undesirable reviews, for example a company attempting to submit reviews for their own company or a competitor trying to submit reviews for another business.

It is best to get in touch with us directly so we can determine where you submitted your review from and why this may have happened.

We are not paid any money from any companies to control the ratings on our site or control whether reviews are shown or not. All moderation is done simply for the protection of consumers.

I hope this explains the situation a little better, please get in touch - our details are at the top of the page.

Kind regards

The Review Centre Team

“Badly run website”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by DigitalLandReviews (2 reviews written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

My reviews never even appear. I've posted loads, and only one of them got published. Sorry comrades, but you dont give users any editing control of their own reviews, so you fail (and I'm using the word comrade in reference to communism) I wonder whether "this" review will appear? ;-)… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience like. We have a few rules in place to protect the quality of the site - this includes only allowing one review of a business/service/product per user. This stops the same person posting multiple reviews about the same thing, which we feel doesnt give a fair reflection.

Also, if we feel, or others report to us, that a review may not be genuine then we will take it down and investigate further. We generally ask the reviewer to send us proof of purchase, at which point the review will go back up.

Do feel free to contact us if you feel any genuine reviews have not gone live though and we'll happily look into it for you.

Digitallandreviews's reply to Reviewcentre's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

And I've never posted 2 reviews about the same product/company, as that would be pointless, thus your answer is COMPLETELY POINTLESS. GFY.

Hi there

I only used that as an example. There are a lot of reasons why a review could go into moderation - why dont you just email us with your details and we'll happily look into it for you.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“About my review”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by DaveR64 (1 review written)

Visit www.reviewcentre.com

I know it says not to enter peoples names when writing reviews, but I am a little confused as to why the three reviews before mine, about MCE insurance, included the names of advisers people had spoken to, yet the name in mine was removed. Can you tell me why ????… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi Dave

Generally speaking we take out names from reviews as a standard precaution to ensure that the reviewer does not get into defamation issues with an individual that they are writing about. If the review is positive we do sometimes allow the name to go through, but our general policy is to protect the reviewer by not allowing names onto the site - so as you can see this is purely something we do to protect people.

I do understand that this can sometimes be a bit annoying, but it's a practise we feel is important to continue.

www.reviewcentre.com