Beeman RX-2 .22 Reviews

Beeman RX-2 .22 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman RX-2 .22

Beeman RX-2 .22
Beeman RX-2 .22

“I've had my Beeman rx-2 for 3 years now. It is a...”

Written on: 06/02/2011

I've had my Beeman rx-2 for 3 years now. It is a great pellet gun, but not perfect, what is? It looks great, very accurate, but weighs a ton carrying in the woods. It chewed up one regular rifle scope already, the cross hairs were floating around inside the scope. Now I'm using a crossman air rifle scope that has given me no problems. Quarter sized targets at 30yds are no problem off a rest. It has shot a small deer at 23 yds between the eyes, and it fell in its tracks. Skunks… Read Full Review

Pellet_Luv's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2012

it's actually an HW90

“This is a brute of a rifle. ”

Written on: 03/07/2008 by timbphoto (1 review written)

This is a brute of a rifle.
This is a rifle for the strong. Great hunting rifle and this is why I bought it. Beeman makes quailty air rifles. No plastic here… Read Full Review

Pellet_Luv's Response to timbphoto's Review

Written on: 07/08/2012

Beeman doesn't make it, they just stick their name on it. The gun in made by Weihrauch and the RX-2 is a glorified HW90.

“To heavy for a day in the field, good power, mine is...”

Written on: 01/04/2008

To heavy for a day in the field, good power, mine is in .20 cal so it is flat shooting. It is a made well but overall to thick… Read Full Review

“Buy the Beeman RX-2 .22 and you are rewarding yourself...”

Written on: 30/01/2008

Buy the Beeman RX-2 .22 and you are rewarding yourself with a great deal. This gun is phenomenal/magnificent out of the box i haven't shot it much(just got it yesterday) from the few shots i fired, holy s..t, im not an expert on airguns,but this rifle for me is the real deal,i also own aRWS350 MAG,and a GAMO HUNTER EXTREME,two very nice rifles,its like comparing honda to harley, cadilac to rolls royce, you get my drift you just dont do it, i think this is a must for the more experienced… Read Full Review

“Overall, an excellent and powerful gun. Consider using...”

Written on: 18/12/2006 by RX2Shooter (1 review written)

Overall, an excellent and powerful gun. Consider using the heaviest pellets you can find, e.g., Beeman Kodiak or even Eun Jin to stand up the fierceness of this gun. Lighter, less sturdy pellets will deform or even shatter when spat out by this beast.

The trigger felt a bit heavy at first but is now buttery after the break-in period… Read Full Review

“First thing I noticed taking this Beeman RX-2 out of...”

Written on: 02/06/2006 by tatohead (1 review written)

First thing I noticed taking this Beeman RX-2 out of the box was good the overall quality is. The laminated stock is beautiful and everthing just seems well made. This is the first "gas ram" rifle I have shot. It seems to be much quieter than my Gamo 440 and hardly any recoil. I feel this is due to the guns weight. It is a heavy rifle, so I wouldn't recommend it to those who are small in stature. Overall it is a great rifle and I'm very happy with my desicion to purchase it!… Read Full Review

“Finally got an Beeman RX2 in .22 after having a lot of...”

Written on: 05/02/2006 by tallguy606 (6 reviews written)

Finally got an Beeman RX2 in .22 after having a lot of other airguns, including Webley Patriot (great gun) and R1 (super quality). RX2 is my favorite. High velocity, quick lock time, just a Thunk and pellet is gone. Super power. I just nailed a crow in the top of a tree about 40 yds away, held directly on him, dropped like a rock. This rifle feels like it will last a few lifetimes. Worth the money… Read Full Review

“First thing that hit me is that the Beeman RX-2 .22 is...”

Written on: 11/06/2005 by Petewp (1 review written)

First thing that hit me is that the Beeman RX-2 .22 is much nicer looking than any of those garrish web photos. Finish was buttery smooth, with out any burs or the like. Unlike the internet pictures - no, this gun is not orange!!

Picking it up, it's obviously heavy, but not grossly so. It takes a little bit of a while to accept you arent carrying your 6 lb. rimfire, but you get over it - honestly you do. Bottom line is for my hunting, I walk a mile or so then get bedded in from a hunting… Read Full Review

Tallguy606's Response to 197186_Petewp's Review

Written on: 30/07/2006

You summed it up well. Heavy duty gun, massive machined steel parts, oozes German quality. Super powerful. Excellent gun, only thing I would change would be lengthen the stock maybe half or three-quarters of an inch, but I'm very tall. Otherwise, perfect magnum.

“The (you get what you pay for) screams from this ...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by rx2guy (1 review written)

The (you get what you pay for) screams from this Beeman RX-2 .22 rifle. Fit and finnish is very good. The cocking effort was hard but smoothed out over time so it is not a problem.

I have a 177 but is still very cabable at downing rabbits and pigeons with one well placed shot. It is difficult to lug around on hunting tripes so get a sling.

Its also very accurate, can get 50 to 70 yard dime sized shots at the bench. Somtimes it is capable of 8 out of 10 with 2 fliers. I'm also able to shoot… Read Full Review

Real Hunter's Response to 196923_rx2guy's Review

Written on: 20/07/2005

Folks, pay attention: just any high quality scope will NOT, I repeat, will NOT withstand the RX-2's punishing recoil.
<br>Look for a scope specifically designed for airgun recoil.
<br>It would suck to have to pay $1200 on a high-quality scope, only to watch its quick demise on the RX-2.

250027_Wer3563's Response to 196923_rx2guy's Review

Written on: 05/07/2006

super sniper works fine. I have used it on tmy RX2 and I got over 3k through it.

“Got the Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle in 177, with a taso...”

Written on: 23/05/2005 by weee (1 review written)

Got the Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle in 177, with a taso ss16X42 scope, 30mm belkin one peice scope mount.

This rifle is nice and I have no problems with it. Got over 2000 rounds through it and shoot almost everyday. I'm able to get good dime sized groups at 50 yards with CPs. The cocking was the worst part but I finaly got to a point that its more broken in or a got used to it. I've been able to hit birds at 50 yards away and also been able to knock down rabbits with one shot.

I would recomend… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews

“Purchased this Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle from straight...”

Written on: 21/04/2005 by buthead (1 review written)

Purchased this Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle from straight shooters and it was the cheapest that I could reliably find for about 525.
Took a week to get here. Was deliverd in plastic gun case sorrounded by two boxes.

Unpakaged it and damn this gun is nice. It is a lot nicer then my BSA SS, RWS 24, and 34.
It has made in Germany on the end of the reciver and on the barrel part, there is THEOBEN "cool".
There are no visible nicks or dings.
The plastic sites are cheap but I will take them off and… Read Full Review

“The Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle shoots straight and I...”

Written on: 13/04/2005 by davo1 (1 review written)

The Beeman RX-2 .22 Air Rifle shoots straight and I found it easy to handle with plenty of knock down power for small game. I did find that I could get it cheaper somewere else so shop around first… Read Full Review

“Got the Beeman RX-2 .22 today and couldn't wait to...”

Written on: 26/10/2004 by Harmas (1 review written)

Got the Beeman RX-2 .22 today and couldn't wait to fire it. Picked up a tin of Beeman .22 Silver Arrows. Believe it or not but up here in Cheese land (WI.) they all call airguns toys and don't put to much thought into stocking ammo for them. I was lucky to get the tin I got and the kid at the counter was incredulous that there was a difference between pellets at all! Took it into my basement cause it was already dark out and started blasting at five ring pistol targets from 25 feet into a… Read Full Review

Real Hunter's Response to Harmas's Review

Written on: 27/10/2004

Put a sling on this rifle and you'll have a great time hunting with this tack driver.
<br>I also believe the extra weight contributes to the RX-2's great accuracy.
<br>Just my $0.02...

Markthebum's Response to Harmas's Review

Written on: 15/09/2006

You made the right choice. The RWS 350 Mag is a very good gun but can't compare to the RX2. Your gun is just as powerfull as the RWS anyway. RWS tends to over estimate it&#039;s guns velocities while Beeman tends to estimate more conservatively. I&#039;ve read several reviews on the 350 mag and it seems to average more closely to 1150 fps in .177. It only hits 1250 fps the first couple times it&#039;s fired. Once most of the factory oil in the chamber has diesled out it slowes down. After the 350 mag is broken in (1000 shots or so) it looses another 8% of it&#039;s velocity. This puts the velocity down to about 1060 fps with average grain pellets. ( 7 to 8 grains) The RX2 doesn&#039;t have a spring so there is no loss of power over time as with spring guns. Your gun is over all about the best factory gun available. Only a few other gas ram guns will compare, Theoben&#039;s Eliminator for example. Spring guns aren&#039;t even in the same league.

“The Beeman RX-2 .22 is a great hunting rifle, with...”

Written on: 31/08/2004 by booser71 (3 reviews written)

The Beeman RX-2 .22 is a great hunting rifle, with lots of power to get the job done. Can get heavy on long walks, but is very stable when shooting. The gas ram can be left cocked for extended periods of time with no ill effect to the gas ram itself. Accuracy is icredible for a gun with this power… Read Full Review

Real Hunter's Response to booser71's Review

Written on: 03/09/2004

What scope do you use?

“If you want a powerful & accurate hunting & field...”

Written on: 27/08/2004 by booser71 (3 reviews written)

If you want a powerful & accurate hunting & field rifle, the Beeman RX-2 .22 is for you!!! I found thet Beeman FTS pellets do very well in this gun!! The quality of the gun is excellent… Read Full Review

“The Beeman RX-2 .22 is Very accurate and powerful. It...”

Written on: 23/08/2004 by booser71 (3 reviews written)

The Beeman RX-2 .22 is Very accurate and powerful. It can get heavy on long hunts, but is tolerated when the quality, power and accuracy are so good on this airgun. Cocking effort is bearable, but is harder that the majority of other airguns. If you want a powerful, accurate well made gun, this is for you… Read Full Review

“Beeman RX-2 .22: ”

Written on: 21/07/2004 by beammeupscotty (1 review written)

Beeman RX-2 .22:
It has been my desire to include a 20 fpe Springer in my collection of air rifles, pretty much since I first saw my two buddies, Mark L. and Mark W's. Timahawks more than a year ago. I love my PCP hunters (Career 707 and Timberwolf) but there are times when one goes so far a field that it would be nice to have a gun that can reach out there and touch varmints at 70 and 80 yards, without having to worry about how much air I have left, or how far it is back to the scuba tank.

I… Read Full Review

Real Hunter's Response to 163105_beammeupscotty's Review

Written on: 29/08/2004

I think the RX-2 is beautiful.

Thorr's Response to 163105_beammeupscotty's Review

Written on: 07/03/2005

For the complaints that you have had for the Beeman RX-2 could be solved by changing to the RWS 94. Easy to cock, perfectly balanced, light, beautiful. Have no dought it reaches the 20ft lbs it is rated. Had it chronied with H&N match at 846 after 1500 rounds. Accuracy is outstanding. This rifle is made by a small company in spain called Cometa. Far be it from me to tell someone what to do. Just merely suggesting. You seem like you are willing to keep looking for just the right rifle. For the 20lbs you look for, in a light rifle this gun has really pleased me. And my friends have been very impressed. Ta

“Small Game look out! ”

Written on: 11/07/2004 by real hunter (7 reviews written)

Small Game look out!
I bought a Beeman RX-2 at .22cal around three years ago and it just keeps surprising me.
After shooting my trusty RX-2 thousands of times, I can say that this is the Ultimate air rifle hunter.
The Gas Ram is a big plus since you could leave the rifle cocked for very long period of times, and this could be very beneficial when stalking game. The RX-2 is VERY accurate!
I shoot an average of 1/2" groups at 35 yards (If you don't believe me, shoot me an e-mail at… Read Full Review

“I bought my Beeman RX-2 in .22 cal used for $325. It...”

Written on: 04/02/2004 by jangus (1 review written)

I bought my Beeman RX-2 in .22 cal used for $325. It arrived without a single blemish on the entire gun. I am very pleased with every aspect of the gun except for the clear coat used on the finish (laquer?) of the wood, it is very brittle and quite susceptible to minor dings, mine acquired 3 or 4 chips in the finish before I noticed it. I really like the gas ram, very smooth to cock and shoot. The safety is resettable via a small lever in front of the trigger gaurd. I bought the pellet sampler… Read Full Review

Tallguy606's Response to jangus's Review

Written on: 05/02/2006

Don't know what a 12 groove barrel could do that a 6 groove can't...I have to think the engineers at Weihrauch know which is best for which caliber. The RX2 puts most shots in the same ragged hole, how much better does the barrel need to be?

“Got it last Friday for the weekend. Went through...”

Written on: 15/04/2003 by Danny. (1 review written)

Got it last Friday for the weekend. Went through about 400 Kodiak pellets, hitting a 1 inch construction flag stick at 35 yards every time. Using US 25 cent pieces (~1") for targets on the ground at 40', hit 'em every time. Packs a punch. Through both sides of a paint can at 100' away. Mine is a 0.20 calibre.

Very heavy rifle. I recommend a sling. You may need to break the barrel across your knee, then change position to cock. Reminded me of a very highly strung compound bow draw… Read Full Review

Scoobiesnacks.'s Response to 89128_Danny.'s Review

Written on: 15/04/2003

The weight of the RX2 could be considered an asset in the overall performance of the rifle, adding stability during pellet ejection, and also negating the need for a muzzlebrake and/or an unsightly roll of quarters strapped to the barrel end.

See next 10 reviews Showing 11 - 20 of 22 Reviews
☆☆☆☆☆

“I shot about 1000 pellets using my Beeman RX-2 .22 air...”

Written on: 21/06/2002 by Airgungurl. (1 review written)

I shot about 1000 pellets using my Beeman RX-2 .22 air rifle and couldn't get the gun to group. I expected it to shoot better than my R9 and was hoping to use the gun for long, 50 yard target practice (mine is .177). It would shoot well a few times then be off to the side two inches. (from a rest position, and i'm a fair good shot). I suspected that with it not latching properly, maybe the barrel had some play. I've sent gun and scope back to be checked. I expected more from a gun that cost… Read Full Review

29760_Warlock.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 01/07/2002

I also have an RX-2 and they are wonderful guns. You should not base your opinion on this one review.

Hive's Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 31/08/2004

I thought those interested in "gas rams" might find the following comments interesting. I noted that the firm which responded sold gauges and fillers for the Theoban gas rams, which are the engines of these rifles...I thought they were sealed, but I guess not.
<br>
<br>Comments: The gas ram "Gas" is air.
<br>We do not recommend trying to exceed factory specs, you could burst your seals.
<br>Some people who shoot a lot replace seals routinely and would use the pump to repressurise their ram.
<br> <br>Scott
<br>Illingworth Imports Inc.

Written on: 13/08/2004

Oops, ignore the "our" thing... My bad...

Written on: 13/08/2004

Who is "our" experience? Do you belong to some sort of organization?
<br>See, I discovered that British forums talk a lot of smack about airguns, because, well - the U.K. gets all the first models/prototype models. Here in the USA, we only get the tested, and approved models, so we don't get any problems like you did with your RX-2 (how you got it with no gas-ram). You just can't beat the RX-2's overall quality and performance. It is a keeper. No tunes, no nothing.
<br>Look, I'm not looking for a fight here, I am just a person who simply enjoys the airgun shooting sport, and when I read a review such as yours (especially when I OWN the gun myself), it just frustrates me, because there are other, clueless readers who go on this website and read your "review" and get bad ideas and impressions.
<br>Alan.

Written on: 11/08/2004

Real Hunter,
<br>
<br>I've heard the gun referred to as recoilless by people on forums before I even bought one. But you're right, much info does stress that the RX2 has profound recoil. However they also say the short lock time is supposed to make it more accurate. Mine wasn't accurate. It was just all over the place.
<br>
<br>I'm positive my RX2 did not come with true gas ram; I had to pay extra for that Beeman upgrade. The dealer told me the gas charge is the equivalent of a tune, and supposed to smooth the cocking effort and firing motion. Yes it is called gas ram but it comes air filled--not gas filled. Perhaps I AM using the wrong terms here; hence you think I don't know what I'm talking about. It seems logical the average person would think a gas ram meant gas ram as in gas filled. But if air means gas then you're right again.
<br>
neither <br> Neither the cocking effort nor the weight of the gun was a problem for me because I’m used to prolonged offhand target shooting with my 10.8 pound FWB 603. But yes, a little R7 would be more suitable for me because you can't kill it if you can't hit it.
<br>
<br>Since you have excellent airguns, you should know a good gun. Our experiences with the RX2 were different and so our opinions are, and remain, different.

Written on: 10/08/2004

Look, I am anti Gamo. I only own high quality air rifles. You have no idea what you are talking about. The RX-2 did not come with a Gas Ram? Are joking?! And where the heck did you hear that the RX-2 is supposed to be Recoiless?! So far, the only "recoilless" Spring air rifle I know is the RWS 54. The RX-2 has a nice smooth jolt. But if you can't handle it, maybe you should shoot something like an R7.
<br>I'll say it again: Don't base your review on some defective rifle you got. I know many other RX-2 users who are EXTREMELY satisfied with their gun, and every time they go hunting with it, they always come back bagfull.
<br>Alan

Written on: 09/08/2004

My opinion and I’m sticking to it. It never DID do what it was supposed to. They are hyped up to be recoilless because of the gas ram. They don't even come with gas ram unless you pay extra for it. I DID get upgraded to gas ram and guess what? It wasn't recoilless. It kicked worse than my R9, just not as accurate. The way the dealers hype this gun is what is unreasonable, because the RX 2 does not measure up to what's written about it. If you're going to spend that much money, get a Talon or a Falcon PCP that truly recoilless. If you like yours, then good for you. Likewise, if you enjoy berating me for stating the facts as I experienced them, have at it. But it's been two years and I’ve owned good air guns and NEVER been as dissatisfied as with that POS RX2. Are you comparing yours to a Gamo perhaps?

Written on: 09/08/2004

My opinion and I’m sticking to it. It never DID do what it was supposed to. They are hyped up to be recoilless because of the gas ram. They don't even come with gas ram unless you pay extra for it. I DID get upgraded to gas ram and guess what? It wasn't recoilless. It kicked worse than my R9, just not as accurate. The way the dealers hype this gun is what is unreasonable, because the RX 2 does not measure up to what's written about it. If you're going to spend that much money, get a Talon or a Falcon PCP that truly recoilless. If you like yours, then good for you. Likewise, if you enjoy berating me for stating the facts as I experienced them, have at it. But it's been two years and I’ve owned good air guns and NEVER been so dissatisfied as with that POS RX2. Are you comparing yours to a Gamo perhaps?

Written on: 08/08/2004

Airgungurl,
<br>You are not reasonable. You are giving the RX-2 0/10 just because you bought a defective one.
<br>I understand how frustrating it might be, but you have to be considerate. There are many people who go to this web site and take the reviews quite seriously. Your review is nothing but an angry reaction to your defective weapon.
<br>Shame on you.
<br>Alan T.

117989_Skunkworks.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2003

Joel, 1/2" groups at 10 yards? After going through all the contortions of washing then lubing your pellets you can manage only 1/2" groups at ten yards? Sure doesn't take much to make you happy. My Red Ryder will shoot 1/2" groups at 10 yards. Now, are you agreeing or disagreeing with Airgungurl?

Joel.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 17/07/2003

I have owned an RX-2 .177 for some months now and at the beginning it wouldn´t group. I then learned I needed to wash and LIGHTLY lube the pellets (CP 10.5g). Now the gun shoots superb. Great accuracy and very flat trajectory. I can get 1/2 inch groups at 28 ft from a seated position being myself not a great shooter.
<br>
<br>None should be discouraged from buying this gun but should be willing to practice and experiment to master it.
<br>My 2 cents !

66507_Guido.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 19/01/2003

I agree with the review. Mine was harsh to shoot and very inaccurate. I experimented with different velocities using the HE pump and different pellets but to no avail.
Rather buy an Air Arms PE in .22. Much better gun and nicer stock

42951_Robin.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 10/10/2002

AGG, I'd contact your dealer again and also Beeman Attn. Bill and tell him that you have a lemon that needs to be fixed. Post all the details of this if it is needed - cause sometimes that is what it takes to get action. I had similar dealings with this same issue with my R series rifle that was never quite right. Took several emails and phone calls to convince them to do things right and they did. Good Luck.

Franku In Ga.'s Response to Airgungurl.'s Review

Written on: 04/09/2002

I have an RX-1 which is the same gun except the RX-2 has a laminate stock. I have shot mine over the last 9 years probably 5000+ shots(.177) Never a problem, excellent accuracy and consistancy and exceeds the factory ratings barely but it does.(7.9 gr. CPL's=1073fps avg or about 20+ fpe)This gun is a hunter par excellance.
<br>
<br>I wouldn't trade or sell mine, it's a keeper!
<br>
<br>The reviewer must have had some bad luck. I have seen a couple Beemans in stores that didn't match their "normal" quality standards. Note you must order the nicer ones by specifying "select grade" etc.

“Move over Pro-Elite, there's a new gun it town! ”

Written on: 17/06/2002 by Chuck Hill. (1 review written)

Move over Pro-Elite, there's a new gun it town!
I recently purchased a new Beeman RX-2 .22 air rifle. I had been reluctant to purchase the RX-1/RX-2 over the years mainly due to the fact that they weigh close to 10lbs. Since earlier purchasing of both a Venom Tomahawk .22 and a Pro-Elite .22 I am still in search of the ideal .22 for small game hunting. I think I've found it.
When I opened the box I immediately got out the chronograph to compare velocity when new and after 500 pellets. I would… Read Full Review