Ash Cycles Reviews - www.ashcycles.com

Media Gallery for Ash Cycles www.ashcycles.com

Ash Cycles www.ashcycles.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“2 months after order get sent damaged parts”

Written on: 22/10/2013 by nt78seo (12 reviews written)

Ordered a bike and accessories back in August. Got the bike after about a week which turned out to be damaged in 2 places. Contacted them about this and they said they have sent a replacement part out which was not received! They basically did everything but call me a liar! I was disgusted. So it's taken about 2 months to receive a part for a bike which was damaged. The one I've just received they said was sent to them directly from Dawes but it's scratched and you can see where the paint has… Read Full Review

“Do not buy if you've not tried the bike before ”

Written on: 02/08/2012 by PhilThecup (1 review written)

Avoid this retailer, better to buy in an independent bike store instead Have had a bad experience from Ash Cycles. Ordered a bike online, it arrived fine, though unfortunately I realised it was the wrong size after testing it outside for a bit the day it was delivered. I carefully re packaged the bike and returned 2 days later to retailer at my own cost (had no issues with paying for this myself). To my surprise Ash Cycles refused return of the item as they said the tyres were dirty. The bike… Read Full Review

“very slow delivery”

Written on: 17/04/2012 by rolandshaw (1 review written)

having place my order online over the bank holiday weekend i was not expecting any thing to happen with regards to my order until the Tuesday. In fact the item was not dispatched until the following Saturday. 4 working days after the bank holiday and I wasn't advised of its dispatch until the Monday after that. i do not find the service good enough others might but i will not be buying from them again… Read Full Review

“Ashcycles has a nicely laid out, flashy website. ”

Written on: 13/04/2011

Ashcycles has a nicely laid out, flashy website.

Unfortunately the first order I placed with them had to be changed as they didn't actually have any stock of the item sold on the site.
I was a bit annoyed that the only notification given was via email.

My second order with the company again revealed that they had no stock, nor method of obtaining stock, of the item advertised on the site.

Nice site, nice prices, the hassle is not worth the savings offered… Read Full Review

“Bike arrived next day but in a battered box with...”

Written on: 22/03/2011

Bike arrived next day but in a battered box with damage to bike, replacement part was dispatched 10 days later, it was sent second class post and with insufficient packaging so it arrived damaged as well. No response from any of my emails and had to phone constantly to chase action, furthur damage to the frame, brakes and wheel was discovered on closer inspection. Decided in the end that refund was the best option as after sales customer service was non-existent. Bearing in mind this is a lot… Read Full Review

“Bike was sent with front wheel completely bended. Upon...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

Bike was sent with front wheel completely bended. Upon request for a partial refund for the money equal to wheel truing, company refused to do so even I would be a courtesy of them, as fault came directly from shop (apparently checks are performed before sending the bikes). I had to wait for the bike over a week to be delivered, and I would wait to get the wheel back for another week or so, insted simple refund of £9 (cost of local service) would sort this in four hours and ease life of… Read Full Review

Ashcycles's Comment

Written on: 01/02/2011

I found this review not helpful because... Its not correct. The reviewer claims that we do not check our bikes before being sent out, this is completley untrue and slandarous. Every bike we sent out is fully checked prior to dispatch, seen we are a family business we only have two people checking bikes, so we always know this is done to the highest standard.
<br/>
<br/>We do not pay for "damages" to bikes but request the item is returned and we will send out a brand new part (as long as the item is "actually" damaged) to the customer, this takes 2-3 days not a week like this reviewer has described? The reviewer also forgets to mention how he spoke to our female staff in our business. The lady that works for us was trying to rectify the matter with reviewer to be told she was sh*t and so was our company sh*t, when I took over the conversation due to the abuse he was giving outr female staff, i was told that they did not know this was a swear word, so believable. We was contacted once again today by this reviewer who once again spoke to our female staff member, after a long conversation the reviewer decided to tell our staff "love, your not cut out to be the role you are as manager". I thought it was important to describe the maturity of this reviewer.
<br/> Ashcycles

“i was after a certain set of bike lights and found ash...”

Written on: 10/11/2009

i was after a certain set of bike lights and found ash cycles to be the cheapest online, especially with their 'free delivery' offer. went through checkout, with 'free delivery' and awaited arrival of bike lights. instead got an email a few days later asking me for postage costs even though it was advertised as 'free delivery' with 'free delivery' being the only option via checkout. emailed back asking them to honour their 'free delivery' or i shall buy elsewhere. got en email back canceling my… Read Full Review

“I ordered a childs bike from Ash Cycles - after...”

Written on: 01/06/2009

I ordered a childs bike from Ash Cycles - after finding it at a reasonable price on their website which also showed that they had 4 in stock.
Nearly a week later I hadnt had an email to say it had been dispatched so I rang them. Eventually got a reply, spoke to a nice lady who told me that the bike I had ordered was likely to be delivered early the next week.
On checking my emails today - thats a week and a day later I find an email saying that they were about to dispatch the bike I ordered… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Having taken my money and told me that they were...”

Written on: 09/05/2009

Having taken my money and told me that they were shipping the goods out. I phoned Ash Cycles exactly a week later to find out where they were only to get some rude woman telling me that they had been delivered the right coloured product which shouldn't have had anything to do with me as my order was ready to ship the last time I called. However the lady I spoke to obviously has had no customer relation training as she was just rude… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Ordered a bike from ash cycles showing in stock on...”

Written on: 08/05/2009 by mbipswich (1 review written)

Ordered a bike from ash cycles showing in stock on their web page, got email a few days later stating they did not have one, offered another more expensive bike via email. Tried to call but got answer phone, left message asking them to call me, also did same via email. No return call so called them middle of next day to discussed and agreed to purchase, was told it would arrive the next week on specific day, my wife stayed at home to accept delivery as they would not send to my work address… Read Full Review

“Based on my experience, steer clear! Ordered on a...”

Written on: 17/12/2008

Based on my experience, steer clear! Ordered on a Wednesday, heard nothing. Called on a Monday and found out that the bike I had ordered was damaged, so they were trying to find another one. They promised to call back that afternoon. They didn't. So called back on the Tuesday and they said they couldn't supply me. Appalling customer service. Avoid. Good price. Easy to order… Read Full Review

“I purchased a lovely bike from www.ashcycles.com, a...”

Written on: 07/08/2008 by sqwerty (1 review written)

I purchased a lovely bike from www.ashcycles.com, a shame about the defect, but this can happen to any item what shouldn't happen is the terrible after sales service I experienced to rectify any issues.

The bike arrived on time in good order but on assembly the seat wouldn't go down due to a wield inside the frame protruding, the shops suggestion was to file it down myself! Yes I always carry specialist's tools with me... then I was told if I didn't have a file I could always re engineer the… Read Full Review

Pedlerman's Response to sqwerty's Review

Written on: 26/09/2008

My humble opinion would be that next time I would suggest you by a bike from your local IBD. Buying bikes on line, even if you save your self &pound;200 or more is just wrong. I believe that bikes just shouldn't be sold mail order full stop.

Robbiesduck's Response to sqwerty's Review

Written on: 05/08/2010

I agree with the above comment. This website in particular has an awful reputation for customer service and this is backed up by personal experience. Local shops are more able to deal with problems and offer warranty on items, although other websites may be more competent and better at dealing with customers than the rude staff at ash cycles.