Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport Reviews

Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport

Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport
Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport

“Our 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport has now done 350,000 km....”

Written on: 25/06/2008 by NoddyWA (1 review written)

Our 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport has now done 350,000 km. In that time our only major expenses have been to replace the stainless steel exhaust manifold, the steering box and front brake rotors. Apart from those items it has just been normal servicing, replacement of brake pads or shoes, etc. We have maintained a 10,000 km service interval throughout. Generally we do 3 x 10,000 km services ourselves and at each 40,000 intervals give it to an expert to check over. The transmission has been serviced… Read Full Review

“Great control. Awesome off road. Good looking....”

Written on: 13/01/2008

Great control. Awesome off road. Good looking. Greatest thing on earth (besides chevys)… Read Full Review

“I own a 2001 Cherokee 60th anniversary and I...”

Written on: 11/03/2006 by rtom (1 review written)

I own a 2001 Cherokee 60th anniversary and I absolutely love it! It is comfortable, fun, and quite capable off road. It has good power, but the only thing I could think of to ask for is more back seat room. The Jeep Cherokee is in many ways far superior to the Liberty which replaces it, so snatch one up!… Read Full Review

“There is nothing else out there like a Jeep, no SUV...”

Written on: 29/10/2004 by corrie brown (1 review written)

There is nothing else out there like a Jeep, no SUV can match what a Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport 4x4 can do off road, the soild front end and great suspension to take the hardest of hits, why would any offroad enthusiast want anything else other then a Jeep?… Read Full Review

“The Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport 4x4 is fun, powerful,...”

Written on: 21/09/2004 by Mishaun123 (1 review written)

The Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport 4x4 is fun, powerful, roomy and practical. Everything you need in a car… Read Full Review

“I am negotiating on a 1998 Cherokee Sport with 61K, ...”

Written on: 23/02/2004 by mulepatterson (1 review written)

I am negotiating on a 1998 Cherokee Sport with 61K, ABS, AM/FM/CD, alloy wheels, temp & mpg ceiling console calculator and is very clean. I have owned a 1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ for two years and this is like riding a Jeep Cadillac! I will win the price war at the dealer and keep this vehicle until it (or I) dies!

What it lacks in modern design it makes up for as the last true offroad SUV - get one before they're all gone!… Read Full Review

“The Cherokee sport is a well rounded vehicle. It can...”

Written on: 12/02/2004 by Skijumperpbs (1 review written)

The Cherokee sport is a well rounded vehicle. It can change terrains with ease from asphalt, ice, snow, and off-roading. It has good sized interior with ample rear cargo room. I have a bike-ski rack on top which I can also lash the extra belongings… Read Full Review

“I GIVE my Cherokee Sport Jeep 1000 STARS Quality... I...”

Written on: 28/11/2003 by DocCroc (1 review written)

I GIVE my Cherokee Sport Jeep 1000 STARS Quality... I JUST LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! giving it mud or clean bath ;)… Read Full Review

Offroadingprincess87's Response to DocCroc's Review

Written on: 15/03/2006

i <3 my 1999 jeep cherokee sport, i give it all the credit, i take it out every weekend, to get it dirrrty ;) and you can tell its built to last..and they look great dirty or clean, even though all jeeps should be used for what they are made for the offroading experience!!

“This Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport is truely the ideal...”

Written on: 29/10/2003 by SKINNY (1 review written)

This Jeep 1999 Cherokee Sport is truely the ideal vehicle for me. Its powerful, but lightweight so it has good fuel economy. Its got lots of room, but its not big and bulky like so many other vehicles in its class. It looks good whether its polished or covered in mud. Handles well in the city and it is actually very capable off-road....trust me I tried it out more than once. Just disconnected the swaybars and I was in business. The Liberty may ride smoother with independant front… Read Full Review

Jeep777's Response to SKINNY's Review

Written on: 15/02/2007

I also love my 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Mine is Desert Tan Pearl with 5 Spoke colormatch Rims on Bridgestone tires, and after market shocks. It is like a chameleon changing to meet the occasion.

“Anyone who has driven or even seen the Cherokee...”

Written on: 09/06/2003 by Will. (1 review written)

Anyone who has driven or even seen the Cherokee perform offroad know how well this vehicle can do in that environment. I've seen otherwise unmodified Cherokees with disconnected front swaybars climb obstacles only traversed by heavily modified vehicles. Excellent suspension compliance and a reliable OHV engine performance. Mileage is O.K., about 16-20 mpg in town and about 22 highway - better than its 2002 replacement in the U.S., the Liberty.

However, the 1997 redesign of the fuel pump… Read Full Review

118746_John.'s Response to 105662_Will.'s Review

Written on: 25/07/2003

I think the old Cherokee is crud, on road it is a nasty car to drive, unreliable, unsafe, ugly and off-road it is as good as the Liberty, so why should somebody still want the old model, my guess is as good as yours.
<br>The only reason I can find is that the old model is cheap, very cheap and that reflects in the people who still buy them.
<br>The old Cherokee doen't even look like a Jeep.
<br>
<br>

Lancethedance's Response to 105662_Will.'s Review

Written on: 08/02/2004

Just to comment on what john has to say. Recently I bought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic and I have yet to find something bad about it. I live in NEPA and it comes in very handy when inclement weather hits the area.

Bigalbrock's Response to 105662_Will.'s Review

Written on: 12/11/2003

Just purchased one yesterday. I fell in love with it immediately when I drove it. The power and torque really surprised me after a day test driving the Ford Explorer. I am 6'3" and I tried to squeeze myself into several SUV's yesterday and my head was touching the ceiling in almost all of the SUV's that I looked at even the ones with a sunroof. The Jeep that I bought doesn't have a sunroof and I still have about 4 or 5 inches clearance. I find this to be a very sexy vehicle with lots of power and exciting to drive. It is also great value for your dollar. This vehicle will leave other SUV's owners wanting as they look at the back of my jeep while I am pulling away from an intersection. This is my first 4x4 and my first jeep. I live in Canada I am excited to see how this baby handles in the snow. One question though, how does it handle with the sway bars removed and what is the purpose of doing so. Like I said it's my fist 4x4.

123565_Ian.'s Response to 105662_Will.'s Review

Written on: 24/08/2003

Great vehicle - if you plan to actually use your four-wheel-drive as it was intended. When Jeep discontinued them it was still selling 150,000 vehicles per year and is still in production in other parts of the world (China, Egypt, Thailand, etc). In one of the last magazine reviews of 10 similarly sized competitors, the Cherokee was rated last in vehicle comfort/noise/cupholders, etc. but still placed NUMBER ONE in off-road performance. They are particularly valued in countries where paved roadways are few or nonexistent. The engines are reliable and the flexible suspension provides tremendous go-anywhere ability. In answer to John's statement, people still buy older Cherokees over the Liberty due to vastly superiour offroad ability (no hamstrung independent front suspension and limited wheel travel, thank you) and a reliable torquey 4.0 litre cast iron engine that produces its power off-idle where you need it and delivers well over 350,000km before rebuild!! Why would anyone but a roadway-bound duffer want a 4WD Liberty that in addition to its inferior offroad performance, weighs significantly more, costs more, drinks more petrol, and has less overall interior space than the vehicle it replaced?

“18-20 mpg average great offroad and on I tow a small...”

Written on: 02/02/2003 by T2TheZ. (1 review written)

18-20 mpg average great offroad and on I tow a small boat (1500 lbs) fine, great truck!… Read Full Review

“The 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport is a great truck.”

Written on: 15/06/2002 by DARIOUS69. (1 review written)

The 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport is a great truck… Read Full Review

38020_Rogue.'s Response to DARIOUS69.'s Review

Written on: 16/09/2002

i agree 100% love this ride!!!

116271_Phil-B.'s Response to DARIOUS69.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2003

'Review' isn't the word. A three-year old could manage something more constructive than that, what use is that to anyone? Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

Bigbaz.'s Response to DARIOUS69.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2002

As a review goes and I being a potential buyer find this review on Jeep cherokee pretty unhelpfull.
1 no specifications.
No MPG for whatever type of fuel used.
and no report on how it performs off road. and how it performs towing a large caravan.
In All pretty dam useless review and uninformative