Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

The Panasonic FZ28 is another member of the Panasonic Lumix family of digital cameras. With 10MP resolution and Leica zoom lenses, the Panasonic FZ28 is likely to excite professional photographers and hobby shooters alike.

But what is the Panasonic FZ28 really like? Is it the photographer's best friend, or an unwelcome guest in your gadget bag? Send us your and tell us what you think!

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“Has been a good buy”

Written on: 28/11/2011 by thiek2 (11 reviews written)

Have owned the camera for over 2 years and has been brilliant. Loads of features and has given some fantastic shots. Decided to upgrade and was contemplating SLR but on reading reviews decidd to shoot for the Panasonic fz 150, just hope this is a good or even better than the 28. Reason for opting for the 150 was option of rapid fire and zoom, saying that the 28 is a brilliant buy and even after 2 years returned £140 when sold RECOMMEND… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“update: i took the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 camera out...”

Written on: 29/06/2009 by russz (13 reviews written)

update: i took the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 camera out on a weekend picture shoot and although my feelings about the focus havnt changed .. i thought the image stabilizer works atreat. i think the camera has grown on me.
check out my results here.
ps. the rating is for the stabilizer. it takes some getting used to… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“first let me say this is just my opinion. its not...”

Written on: 13/06/2009 by russz (13 reviews written)

first let me say this is just my opinion. its not meant to be running down the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28. some will adore this camera.
again im searching for a all round camera to replace a D-slr due to cost and bulk. a
all in one "bridge" camera appeals to me for the convenience. i started off with a olympus c700uz when it first came out 2001. ive been very impressed with its features. earlier this year i purchased a Fuji s1000fd on a whim. i was very impressed with the camera on a whole. i read… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“Brilliant zoom. Excellent quality of pictures and a...”

Written on: 10/04/2009 by Mrdublin (2 reviews written)

Brilliant zoom. Excellent quality of pictures and a movie mode where you can use the zoom. Also in hd.it has all the features you can ever want and the intelligent mode for point and shoot which does it all for you. As a small bridge camera, it has a lot going for it such as the Leica lens, large zoom and it's ease of use. I enjoy the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 very much… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“I bought this Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 camera from an...”

Written on: 28/03/2009 by MikeD UK (4 reviews written)

I bought this Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 camera from an internet store. This is a fabulous camera and good value for money. The camera zooms to 18x but if you choose a lower resolution you can zoom upto 28x. The battery lasts longer than the rechargable NI-MH one's that I use in my other camera.Great picture quality. Easy to use options. The camera has an IA intelligent auto function for the novice users… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“I have bought this little Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 as...”

Written on: 22/02/2009 by Simon Spiers (6 reviews written)

I have bought this little Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 as a replacement to My Fuji S602 which I still use for indoor photography. The Panasonic has a huge lens range and takes very respectable pictures. I find that noise is visible on all photos I've taken at any iso, when viewed at 100%. This I know is not a problem for most people, but if I'm looking to blow up the images to a large size greater than A3 I might well notice it.
There are a number of useful options in the menu such as Iso limit, to… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“I spent ages deciding on a new digital non DSLR...”

Written on: 08/01/2009 by smiler03 (6 reviews written)

I spent ages deciding on a new digital non DSLR camera. For me a DSLR is too awkward, carting around extra lenses, a flash, a tripod etc. The Panasonic does everything I need except fish eye pics, and it's considerably cheaper too, the category it fits into is often called "superzoom", for fairly obvious reasons.

I have taken about 1500 pics on my camera now and used it in many different ways, from pics of eBay items, to night shots, portraits to landscapes etc. What really surprised me was… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“The Panasonic FZ28 is a lightweight "Bridge" camera...”

Written on: 02/11/2008 by bobmil (1 review written)

The Panasonic FZ28 is a lightweight "Bridge" camera that looks like a mini DSLR with very high specification and as many features as you are ever likely to need plus the 27mm - 486mm Leica zoom lens with image stabiliser. 10.1 megapixels and includes RAW mode. Great performer with clear precise menu system. I bought this camera from online who did me a great bundled deal at a price which even ebay could not match. Futhermore delivery was in less than 24 hours from placing my order.

So do… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“Best piece of equipment there is on the market. It...”

Written on: 16/02/2010 by scandal1 (4 reviews written)

Best piece of equipment there is on the market. It offers a great price to quality ratio and it is very easy to use and also very professional. I will definitely recommend it to my friends… Read Full Review

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“I bought this camera for my girlfriend because we...”

Written on: 08/01/2010 by bobjbrown (34 reviews written)

I bought this camera for my girlfriend because we were going on holiday and wanted her to have a reasonable camera to do some "birding" while in the Gambia. I have been so impressed by this camera that she had little chance to use it.

I have just reviewed th 1277 images captured in the last 4 weeks, and have been comparing them to my Oly. DSLR.

I am in awe of how such a small and resonably priced camera can offer such excellent image quality!

Upsides:

This is very light and reasonably… Read Full Review

Snowscreen's Response to bobjbrown's Review

Written on: 09/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because it's is true..I have a earlier model which still surprises me with it's quality !!