Land Rover Defender 130 Reviews

• Reliability

Land Rover Defender 130 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Land Rover Defender 130

Land Rover Defender 130

“excellent carrier and load lugger”

Written on: 13/03/2013

a little sluggish off the turbo, but what a super vehicle for carrying loads. goes anywhere with any load… Read Full Review

“I drive a Landrover 130 crew cab, I love it - plenty...”

Written on: 14/06/2002 by Scotchmer. (1 review written)

I drive a Landrover 130 crew cab, I love it - plenty of room and great for the outback here in Australia. I hunt for Deer and wild pigs and the terrain is very hard here, the rover hasn't beeen stuck yet.

The only thing i dont like about it i suppose is the noise factor in the cab. I often travel distances of 1.000klms or more and one thing this truck is reliable, great wheel travel and locking diffs make it go anywere, Great fuel economy 10 litres per 100 kms and the diesel motor 2.5 turbo is… Read Full Review

Dug10.'s Response to Scotchmer.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

What can I say, you hit the nail right on the head. If land rover got the same hollywood attention that the hummer does -everyone would own one.

386314_Red 130's Response to Scotchmer.'s Review

Written on: 27/07/2008

I have had a 130 ( Red, TD5, 2001 ) for around 4 years, living in and travelling through N.T ( Kakadu, Daily River, Arnhem Land, QLD, South Australian Northern Region and The Coorong and have never had rough terrain issues with the 130. I have Snorkel, Wide Wheels, Centre and Rear Diff Lockers, Computer Chip Enhancement ( 150 KW and 510 Nm ), and many other extras and the thing goes like a steam train! The seats are pretty average as is the cabin noise, however I bought it for the ruggedness and have not been let down. I have had a combination weight of 6.5 Tonne or greater on it across the Top End, QLD and South to S.A, and have only blown the original radiator out of it (replaced with Copper Core unit, no further problems ). Many people have asked me about it and offered to relieve me of it, however I am always happy to decline their offer as I have never got myself in trouble with it. Even on the sands of Tin Can Bay and Fraser I, where I rescued Landcruisers, HiLux's and Patrols in the same patch of of sand ! They are a great outback vehicle if you can put up with some lack of the normal creature comforts.

Hampshireboy's Response to Scotchmer.'s Review

Written on: 07/10/2005

Hi everybody,
<br>I am planning in buying a new defender 130. As a company policy we now have the new law of the ABS. Land Rover does not offer this for the 130. They only offer it for the 90 and 110, which is more than irritating. do you know any tricks around this?
<br>Regards from Hampshire UK,
<br>Federico

Bigbadbilly's Response to Scotchmer.'s Review

Written on: 15/10/2003

I have just purchased one and the thing is just great on the gravel roads here on Kangaroo island.
<br>I have sound proofed under the bonnet and in the cab. I am in the process of fitting a rear wheel carrier at the moment. The annoying things are the lack of a tacho and the inability to take the spare on the bonnet.

G3Cd's Response to Scotchmer.'s Review

Written on: 13/09/2003

I got a Defender 130 about a year ago and I love it! Despite being a constant source of mockery when you need 4 1/2 lanes for a u-turn ... but anyway, you should consider getting an overdrive that greatly reduces the engine noise from 3rd to 5th gear when going faster than 55 mph. Some parts shops also offer filling the dash board with noise reducing material. And as for the seats - there are Scheelmann and Recaro seats available for Defenders, starting at about US $ 500.