Pets at Home Puppy Complete Reviews

Pets at Home Puppy Complete - Ask a question now

“staffy x ridge back”

Written on: 22/02/2014 by rjduffell (1 review written)

my pup loves it but i do mix it with some meat aswellshes 7 months and weighs 22 kg she is very active and every one says how well she looks brilliant value same not much more than working dog food but much better… Read Full Review

“My puppy wolfs it down!”

Written on: 25/01/2013

For all these idiots writing reviews about their puppies having adverse reactions and diahrrea it is because they are idiots and have no idea about puppies digestive system If you change a puppies food it will have a severe adverse reaction for a week as their digestive system cannot deal with the change. You have to wean them off their old food slowly and add the new food gradually My dog had iams royal canin and barely touched either and had diahrrea. I gave her this pets at home one and… Read Full Review

“Very sick dog!”

Written on: 19/11/2011 by rcrowley32 (5 reviews written)

I got my 10 week old puppy the Pets at Home brand of dog food. When I switched from the food the breeder had given me to this brand she started getting horrible diarrhea and blood in her stool. I though it was Parvo or some equally horrible disease. She was miserable and became dehydrated and I had to give her Dioralyte. And at one point I thought she might actually die. I read up on quality dog food and how a high percentage of meat is very important. This brand of dog food had only 10% meat… Read Full Review

“At first I was convinced it was good by the staff in...”

Written on: 13/04/2011

At first I was convinced it was good by the staff in the shop because of the high meat content compared to the brand I was on. My pug puppy will eat the food but has started having terrible wind and runny stools. He has gone from going maybe 3 times a day to 8! And now he wont sleep through the night. Each night he cries and needs up 2 or 3 times to go outside for the toilet. I am changing him asap… Read Full Review

Rcrowley32's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2011

My puppy had the same problem! And also blood in her stools and tons of mucous! I actually thought she might die! I changed her food to another with a 30% meat percentage and she is doing much better. But she was horribly dehydrated and I had to give her dioralyte. I'm amazed they're allowed to sell this!!!

Puggylover's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2013

My pug puppy was on this from birth, I kept him on it as I wanted to keep what he was eating from the breeders, he scratched all day long, had spots all over his body, smelt really bad, I knew it was this food, so I changed to james wellbeloved and he's much better, can go longer without smelling, not scratching as much as he did.

“We have a Golden Retriever puppy and whilst they have...”

Written on: 16/01/2011 by coachhouse1 (1 review written)

We have a Golden Retriever puppy and whilst they have the reputation for eating anything on offer (and sometimes not on offer), he was tiring of his initial premium complete dog food. As the recipe is essentially the same as Wainwrights but better value, we changed his food to Pets At Home complete puppy food and he loves it.

I agree with the previous reviewer - the larger kibble ensures he has to chew his food rather than almost inhale it!!

He's 6 months old now, strong, glossy cost… Read Full Review

“I bought pets at home puppy food for my two english...”

Written on: 20/11/2010

I bought pets at home puppy food for my two english springer spaniel puppies only because there was an offer on (2 large bags for the price of one)
one of my pups had bother with constipation prior to changing food, and the other had a very dull coat, and was very skinny.
Since feeding them pets at home food, they have gained condition, their coats are shiny, they go to the toilet far easier.
The actual kibble is a great shape due to its larger size than other brands, because the puppies… Read Full Review

“Quality food at a reasonable price. Costs are kept to...”

Written on: 10/08/2010

Quality food at a reasonable price. Costs are kept to a minimum because there is no call to pay other stores to sell it.
My puppy loves it. Previously he was on another complete food which was premium cost but he suffered greatly with constipation which lead to bleeding. I switched to Pets At Home and he is fine now. Solid stools, no straining.
His coat is looking good and he behaves as well as can be expected for a young puppy.

“Our Jack Russell puppy loves Pets at Home Puppy...”

Written on: 09/05/2010

Our Jack Russell puppy loves Pets at Home Puppy Complete, so much more than any other brand - including the Pets at Home Puppy Tin Food. His coat is very smooth and shiny. Absolutely no problems with sickness or any of the side effects mentioned in other reviews. We were recommended this food by a friend with a Border Terrier and so I am taking the opportunity to recommend this to others… Read Full Review

“Only ever gave this to one dog never again. ”

Written on: 29/04/2010 by emmamalakian (40 reviews written)

Only ever gave this to one dog never again.

Bad stools and fur coming out in clumps.

Rcrowley32's Response to emmamalakian's Review

Written on: 19/11/2011

My puppy had the same problem. It was horrific! They should be banned from selling this!!!

“Something in this food gave our Siberian Husky puppy a...”

Written on: 03/12/2009

Something in this food gave our Siberian Husky puppy a severe food reaction. Constant diarrhea and red flakey ears causing constant scratching.

Moved her on to Tescos Enhanced Nutrition Puppy food and she is now fine. Only drawback is it's only available in 1kg bags and limited stocks… Read Full Review

Rcrowley32's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2011

We had the same issues with our puppy. She became very very ill on the food. I am amazed that a company who claims to 'love pets' could sell this. With so many dogs with this problem on Review Centre these problems must have presented in their research! They continue to sell this very dangerous product. I am horrified!

“I would recommend Pets at Home Puppy Complete to...”

Written on: 31/07/2008 by anim999 (1 review written)

I would recommend Pets at Home Puppy Complete to anyone, one of my puppies was a rescue and very mal nourished, we could see a difference within a week feeding him Pets at Home Puppy Complete.
Both dogs have very shiny, healthy coats and lots of energy… Read Full Review