Yaqin MC 10L 52 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Yaqin MC 10L 52 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yaqin MC 10L 52

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“Great tube amp for anybody A+”

Written on: 17/03/2014 by JaysonLewis-Alt98 (1 review written)

From my vintage altecs to my integrated mcintosh mc2275 i feel strongly drawn to this yaqin amplifier. I have used several 10L amps for testing and one with mods. This is on par with amps 3-4 times the cost in stock form. Rolled tubes and other mods bring this amp up and beyond some of the hifi tube amps that are seen in mags and heard at shows. I do suggest getting at least some better el34's and a higher guage power cord then some efficient speakers although my planers did just fine at 4 ohms… Read Full Review

Bobauch's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2014

I too own planar speakers,and am considering this amp.Mine are a set of very vintage 1979 Magnaplanar MG-1s, with a low 83 db rating,and a 4 ohm load. I don't listen loud,usually 80 db or lower.,mainly acoustic jazz and classical.Do you think, based on your experience, you would recommmend this amp for my application? If so, I would also be interested in knowing what replacement tubes you used.
My sonic goal is a richer, more dimensional sound at low volume.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Bob in Michigan

“So far so good”

Written on: 05/02/2014 by philmckee (1 review written)

I have had my valve amp for a few months now and I have been veery happy with the sound at low levels. As I moved to a house this week and can finally crank up the volume I am finding some excellent results. I used a Denon amp for around 20 years I think it was a DRA335 which I loved. For looks and sound the Yaqin is a steal. It took seven weeks to arrive but it was very well packed and so far I am delighted with the purchase. I find the amp superb for piano, acoustic guitar,vocals etc. Maybe… Read Full Review

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“I am rating the MC 10T, which is the replacment for...”

Written on: 14/10/2012

I have the Yaqin MC10T, which is almost identical to the 10L, except for the tubes, which are 12AT7 for the signal amp / phase splitter, and EL34B for the power tubes. Running the stock tubes into a pair of Altec Lansing 305 vintage speakers gives incredible results. I had been for years running a vintage MacIntoch MAC1600 from the late 60's as my favorite amp for music. Not anymore. The MAC is now collecting dust while I ponder if I should hang onto it, or take some "suckers" money. The… Read Full Review

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“Stunning sound - Bargain price”

Written on: 11/09/2011 by Lehnacker (1 review written)

After weighing the pros and cons of ordering a Chinese made tube amp via ebay for a few months, I decided to take the risk and order a Yaqin MC-10L Mk3. Without question it is the best audio purchase I have made. My $4K solid state amp has sat unused ever since. I purchased through ebay from a Hong Kong group called Primeamp. It took 3 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong because I asked for a special 240V version. Be careful to order exactly the right voltage for your area. If you have a 240V… Read Full Review

Astronamp's Response to Lehnacker's Review

Written on: 22/01/2013

i took the risk too im in australia and got brand new one for $420 $40 shipping,the preamp valve had a dry solder joint in the socket got it biased and fixed for $110. ive had very expensive solid amps all my life but absolutly impressed with what it cost me for this hey $570? what a steel and unbelievable power output.

Melbournemuzza's reply to Astronamp's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2013

Can you talk to me about getting this into oz? I am in Melbourne and have trouble with sending over the cold hard to China. Thanks Murray

Astronamp's Response to Lehnacker's Review

Written on: 03/05/2013

i not sure,i happend to come across a guy who already imported some in queensland i know he doesnt have any now but to import should be strait forward i just would not recomend the free shipng by boat thats the catch, trying to get a good shipping price.
dream hifi australia have rebadged ones for about $800.I got a tube cd player off them once 2 days to canberra and awsome for $500.

Bwarner123's Response to Lehnacker's Review

Written on: 08/03/2013

Lehnacker May I ask how long have you had the Amperex 6922's or 7308 in your Yaqin MC 10l, they have a lower heater current than the 6N1, 6N1P, 6N1P-EV thus stressing the tube out. Have they lasted? Thank you

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“The Yaqin MC10L : The Worlds Best kepts Secret.”

Written on: 10/08/2011 by Drastic (15 reviews written)

The MC10-L Is one of the greatest pieces of kit to come out of China. It's very well built & well designed, it even looks great. I've had a Mk2 version now for over three years & had no problems. The Mk3 version is now available now, but as far as I'm aware the only change is to the power switch, it's a small Toggal on the Mk2 & a push button on the Mk3. It's VERY important to run it on the correct voltage. Most are 220volt, here in the UK we should now be on 230V, but we still get over 240v… Read Full Review

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“I bought this amp 2years ago.And I am still very happy...”

Written on: 15/05/2011

I bought this amp 2years ago.And I am still very happy with it.
Later I ordered 5 more.(for selling them here)
I had one bad EL34,and by 2 amps a blown resistor in the Cathode circuit.(10Ohms-5 Watt)This happened over a period about 6 months.So I replace the 4 cathode resistors now and there are no troubles with the amps.
Sound quality is great.I use Infinity Delta 60 speakers.
Voltage is here 230 Volt.

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“I have actually owned this for l day... Read on... The...”

Written on: 15/03/2011

I have actually owned this for l day... Read on... The problem with tubes is that they blow. I just purchased this item via a certain auction site. It looks stunning. Near flawless finish. Solid as. But I plugged in the tubes the first time and low and behold one was faulty (got seriously hot, hummed, crackled and banged through the speakers). The unit is supplied with budget tubes. Search the web and you will find others with this problem from the outset of ownership. I now have to wait to get… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 09/08/2011

You were unlucky to have a duff tube, the stock tubes are ok, but can be bettered by any other make!
The main problem with this amp is people using them on the wrong voltage, if it's a 220v unit then that's what it needs
to be fed. a 20v overload on the input, results in about a 40 volt overload on the HT rail, it wont take that.
Here in the UK we tend to get 243-251 volts at the socket, so I run my one vir a Variac, I've had it for three year's & it's been a dream, no problems.
I hope you have your's running nicely now.
Best regards Bob.

Drastic's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2014

The stock tubes are not up to much, but to have the problems you've had is very unusual? Maybe your running a 220v unit on 240v? that would explain it.
Also you say you only "gave one star for the sound as you cant use the amp", well on that bases one could say :- You cant write a review as you cant use the amp! secondly why give it four stars for "Value for money" when you cant use it?
To write such a review after only one week of ownership, without giving the supplier a chance to supply the required replacement tubes is very misleading.
Once you have your amp running correctly I'm sure you'll have a much better opinion of it. I've had a 10L for about 6 years now with no problems & a 100B for about 3 years with no problems, All tubes up grades of course.

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“Now i know what you are thinking, should i or shouldnt...”

Written on: 26/10/2010

Now i know what you are thinking, should i or shouldnt i? Big risk, will it work? will it be safe? will the voltage be right etc etc.... I bought this amp on ebay from tubestein. The packaging was great. The amp arrived in five days. I have bought some very expensive gear over the years but i really must say this amp is right up there with 2k stuff, seriously. It looks amazing glowing in the dark and i am delighted to say the least!
Best electronics buy of my life, full stop!… Read Full Review

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“i have the amp four over 2 years now still very happy...”

Written on: 12/04/2010 by veitchy (3 reviews written)

i have the amp four over 2 years now still very happy with it , gone from boom boxes to wellings to sonab al-2a now to a pair of b&w 685 (think iam happy now )it has handeled ever thing you throw at it ,highly recomend this amp… Read Full Review

“great item i love it”

Written on: 03/04/2010 by tooriscool (10 reviews written)

great item i love it… Read Full Review

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“I have owned my MC-10L for over 2 years now and have...”

Written on: 19/07/2009

I have owned my MC-10L for over 2 years now and have had no problems. The thing about valve amps is that they are like owning a new pet, you have to know how to treat them in order to keep them happy. As a retired (crinkled) electronics engineer, I know quite a bit about valve technology and maybe this has helped me to keep my Yaqin in first class order. You must regularly check the bias on the output valves to ensure all is well. Well the first thing I did after unpacking the very well packed… Read Full Review

Rolleiman59's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2009

I would be curious if any more tube rolling or mods were done on this amp. I just purchased one and it seems to lack in the low end, high end is a bit harsh and the mid-range is just so-so. This is in comparison to my sherwood S-8000 that I modified. I as hoping to replace my receiver with this amp but will go back to my fantastic Sherwood if I can not figure how to improve the sound. I have tried replacing the power tubes with two different types without much change. I will search for some 6N1 tubes next.
<br/>

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“This integrated amp is capable of revealing extremely...”

Written on: 20/10/2008

This integrated amp is capable of revealing extremely quiet passages as well as rocking out to the tune of 108db peaks at just 52 watts. A tribute to it's design and value… Read Full Review

Drastic's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

Sorry to nit pick, but it's not really point to point wiring, there are two PCB, one which holds the pre-tubes (Drivers & Phase spliters) & one for the four power tube (EL34's).
Point to Point work is where an amp’s components are connected directly with wire normally with the use of tag strips, & the valve sockets mounted to the chassis not mounted on pcb’s.

Not sure what you mean when you say " a second input would be nice" the amp has four inputs! Otherwise I agree with your review, a great amp!

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“One word of warning. I purchased a matched quad of the...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by cruzrman (1 review written)

One word of warning. I purchased a matched quad of the new JJ KT-77's from the Tube Depot. Within 2 hours of listening to the greatest EL-34 ever made (their words) ,there was a series of very loud pops and electrical noises and smells. No more than 5 seconds passed before I turned it off, but in that brief time, it took out the voicecoil in a Vifa 8" midbass driver in my vintage Harmon-Kardon "Sixty" speakers. Having to buy a new matched pair of drivers cost over $175.00. An authorized dealer… Read Full Review

Drastic's Response to cruzrman's Review

Written on: 10/08/2011

The KT77 should be a direct replacement for the EL34, however any change of power tubes would require the amp to be re-biased.
If this was not done or done incorectly then it would cause trouble! I trust your running it on the correct voltage, If you have a 220v unit & that's what in needs!

Regards Bob.

Yaqin MC 10L 52

“After many years of listening to music from big power...”

Written on: 29/07/2008 by veitchy (3 reviews written)

After many years of listening to music from big power amps and boom box speakers, I needed change in my music listening. It was getting stale. More natural was what I needed no turning up bass changing treble just good clean music. After months looking into valve amplification it was mind boggling, good amps varied in price from $2000.00 Au to $12000.00 ( not selling the boat for a amp love my fishing to much ) so now looking for a cheaper valve amp. I said to my son getting rid of the old… Read Full Review

480692_Mtwhickory's Response to veitchy's Review

Written on: 04/09/2009

I just ordered my MC-10L today and have some of the same concerns, though the voltage issues I've read deal mainly with the 220/240 difference in Aussieland. Hopefully, my experience will be equally fireworks free here in North Carolina, US.