The Bildeston Crown Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Bildeston Crown - Ask a question now

“Fantastic eating. Really, if you care about flavour...”

Written on: 18/02/2009

Fantastic eating. Really, if you care about flavour and texture come here. My wife had duck presented in six different ways - and this was the set lunch menu! And as for food miles, that pork has journeyed no more than ten miles to your plate.
Good selection of wines by the glass always pleases us as a bottle is too much when one of the couple is driving. I recommend the BIlli Billi Pinot Grigio and an outstanding Cotes de Brouilly that was almost like a burgundy in depth and complexity… Read Full Review

“We tried a Sunday lunch at The Bildeston Crown, on the...”

Written on: 28/07/2008 by Debski (2 reviews written)

We tried a Sunday lunch at The Bildeston Crown, on the strength of an excellent review in 'The Independent'. I can only assume the reviewer had gone to a different restaurant. The staff were pleasant enough, but the service was s.l.o.w. - over an hour to get from being seated to our starters arriving, main courses came sporadically, but it would have been kinder not to bring them at all. Appears to be aiming at chi-chi modern cuisine, which is great if it's done well, sadly here I feel it… Read Full Review